Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2004, 03:36 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
West Linn , Oregon
Smile Fun on Oregon Coast

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for a wonderful time out on the Oregon coast this past weekend - it was great! While a bit on the chilly side, it sure was fun to see all those Airstreams and Argosys gathered together under the trees and to meet such wonderful folks!

Thanks to all of you for making me feel welcome at my first get-together, and especially to Stef and Dave for all the arrangements and Janet and Gary for all the hard work cooking and entertaining at your site - the food was incredible and the conversations great!

Looking forward to seeing all of you again, somewhere "down the road".

-john
Old 11-23-2004, 05:54 PM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
fun fun fun

Agreed, it was a great little weekend. I felt like I must have been slacking off, because it was no work at all, and everyone pitched in to do their part. It was COLD, but there was a fire, and great stories to tell - laughing keeps you warm!

Here's one pic, early in the evening before everyone showed up for dinner. That's Janet, Janet's Husband, CoastalMe (with her back to the camera), Camp Collector and his wife Stephanie. That's Janet and Gary's great little Minuet in the background, it was Party-Central all weekend!

Thanks to everyone who turned out! It was great to finally meet everyone I already knew from online. I didn't know anyone there, but no one was a stranger thanks to the forum. I can't wait for the next one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fire.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	9513  

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 05:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Talking Ya Whooo!

Wow, what a week end, that was a real reason to own an Airstream.
Those of you who did not attend I am so sorry, you missed one of the best camping experiances I have had in a long time.
The sky was blue and the air was crisp. The camp fires burnt into the night as conversation and comedy flowed. The food was good but the company was great.
Lets see if I can remember who was there, Stefrobrts- Stephanie and Dave, 71Safari- John, JordanDVM- Jim and Chyerl, 3Ms78argosy Mark and Mona with Morgan , Miya and Liesil, Coastal Me- Annita, NettiePDX- Annett, CampCollector Jonathan and Stephanie, Francis who is not on the forum yet.
Lets do it again, maybe in the spring.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:49 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Such a blast!

I can honestly say this was the best time I had in a long time! My sides hurt from laughing so hard - such a fun group! Great food, great drinks (thanks Jim!), and I didn't even burn the breakfast bacon!
Attached Images

3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 09:54 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
hmmm

Maybe the site is still having issues, I scaled down, but maybe too much? Anyway, the first picture shows my wife, the two Johns(71 Safari and Campcollector), and Dave and Stephanie (StephRoberts). The second picture illustrates how friendly the group was, John giving my daughter a "nuggie", and the last one is Gary and Janet, my family, and Annette together in front of what my Argosy aspires to look like - Gary's Argosy.

It's funny how much you "know" everyone before meeting, thanks again everyone for the fun. My mother-in-law had fun too!
Take care!
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 01:54 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
BevBeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ms75Argosy
I can honestly say this was the best time I had in a long time! My sides hurt from laughing so hard - such a fun group! Great food, great drinks (thanks Jim!), and I didn't even burn the breakfast bacon!
Marc.....,

Just when I thoughtyou were the aerobics instructor and kickboxer instructor.....I walked by Friday AM and saw you cringing to Mona's Kick-boxing routine with the generator running, you were really sweating!! Good job Marc! Guess what! You did the bacon just right! In fact, I had more than my share that morning.
And.....I have some pics coming......just need to get them into correct format for the forums. Thank you everyone for a terrific weekend for us both!

Jim & Cheryl

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 10:16 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Fun Fun Fun

It was fun! Special thanks to Janet and Gary for hosting the dinner and bringing all the heavy duty camping stuff. WOW!

I will post some of my picts soon.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:22 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

am amazing time

What a perfect weekend on the Oregon Coast. We so lucked out with the weather - I'd gladly have it sunny and chilly instead of rainy. And what can I say about the group gathered there that hasn't been said already? Truly fun people and so willing to help out the newbies. It was great to put faces with the forum names. So thanks to Stef and David and Janet and Gary for all their work in getting this thing together.
1997 E350
nettepdx is offline   Reply With Quote