Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2006, 10:07 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis
What about the rest of the people that said they were interested in the FCU but are not planning to attend our first rally?

I would be interested in why not so we can adjust future rally offerings
Other?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis
25---I think the concept of this unit is great--also this is a great selection for a rally. I won't be attending mainly because my WBCCI membership will have expired. Not to whip an old horse but as I told Ken I won't renew until or unless the International officially approves this unit. Wife and I just attended a WBCCI Regional Rally in the east. It's easy to understand after being there why the membership continues to decline. If they refuse to allow change I refuse to be a member. ----pieman
Pieman and others interested
I'd encourage you to plan a trip to AZ and experience the new frontier of the WBCCI ...remember when camping was fun? Remember when you bought your first Airstream? Remember when the mission was see more..do more.. live more...The keyword here is LIVE MORE….The FCU is all about the Fun.... no politics... no BS.. just camping... hiking, biking, fishing, eating, drinking, reading, relaxing, do what ever you like, good people, good fun.... if we fail to provide a positive experience... guess what...we'll fold up the WBCCI tents and just call our new found friends to go camping....but I don't see it happening that way.... I believe that this group has passion for the sport of Airstreamin'… so again, I'd encourage you to show up for our rally... if you can't make this one we have another one April Fools weekend....more to come on that...
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:43 AM   #62
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Because we are not a WBCCI Unit at this time, the rally is open for everyone. It is listed as a forums rally.[quote]

Thanks Richard--That being the case we'll try to make it. We will be in Dateland Az in Feb, hopefully the weather will cooperate. I still remain firm in that we'll not renew with WBCCI untill or unless they approve the FCU. We just got back from the east where we attended the Region 6 rally then drove down and attended the Forumns Rally at Hiawassee Ga. We had a perfect comparison of the two back to back. If you're interested I can give a discription of both. That said it's not hard to understand why membership in WBCCI is declining.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
we'll not renew with WBCCI unless they approve the FCU

[quote=Mike Lewis]Because we are not a WBCCI Unit at this time, the rally is open for everyone. It is listed as a forums rally.
Quote:

Thanks Richard--That being the case we'll try to make it. We will be in Dateland Az in Feb, hopefully the weather will cooperate. I still remain firm in that we'll not renew with WBCCI untill or unless they approve the FCU. We just got back from the east where we attended the Region 6 rally then drove down and attended the Forumns Rally at Hiawassee Ga. We had a perfect comparison of the two back to back. If you're interested I can give a discription of both. That said it's not hard to understand why membership in WBCCI is declining.
Hi Mike,
I am with you, I have not paid my dues either until the FCU is approved.

Hope to meet you at the rally.
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:58 AM   #64
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Jerry you mentioned trails a few posts back - I'm in on that - are there any trails longer than those described - or do they connect with each other to make a longer ride?

Ken J
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:21 AM   #65
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Here is a map of the park with the trails. We will be in the Raven Loop Group campsite.
http://www.azparks.gov/Images/parkmaps/deadhorsemap.pdf

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:39 AM   #66
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
My wife and I have sent in our registration since the FCU rallies proposed for 2007 fit our ideas fo places to go, see and do. But I wanted to ask a question about the WBCCI rallies. Are they restricted to just WBCCI members? We just joined to see firsthand if we enjoy the benefits of membership and if the group is a good fitfor us, i.e. active enough. I would think that they would open their rallies to all Airstreamers as a part of marketing their club. Would you have to restrict attendance if FCU does become a WBCCI unit?

I am a long time member of the BMW Motorcycle Owners of America, a much larger club than WBCCI and they would not think of restricting their rally attendance nor would the BMW Riders of America. Both organizations gain members from attendees to their rallies.

BTW, do you accept out of area members. We haven't checked out the Southern California UNITS but certainly we are interested in the FCU.
Motoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:44 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Moto---I know exactly where your coming from as to the motorcycle club. I was a long time HD rider and Harley Owners Group member. Harley offers you a years membership with the purchase of a machine. Biggest difference here is ththe WBCCI is not owned by Airstream as some clubs are. You would think they would do that to help promote a club that excludes membership of other brands. On the other hand they get all the benifits with of it and at the same time run aprox. 600 units on back order. So they really have no incentive to spend more by offering intrductry free WBCCI memberships. We joined for the same reason you did to see if the club was something we would be interested in.I'm sure there will be more folks jump in and add to my thoughts but here goes. From our limited experience if the WBCCI doesn't make an effort to make changes like the Four Courners Unit proposes it is doomed to a slow death. The problem as I see it now is those in charge of the decision process don't want any changes. We attended Region 6 Rally a few weeks ago in Gray Tenn. I'm 65 -wife 63 and we were the BABYS. There were no young people or familys and had there been there was ABSOLUTELY
NOTHING for them. To make it worse that's the way they want it. We visited 2 Airstream RV parks-same thing!! One didn't allow bicycle riding in the park but had golf cart reserved parking. The only thing they didn't have was signs saying "no children or familys welcome". A few months ago in the Blue Beret, the clubs publication, there was a list of the new officers of the club along with their pictures. Without exception they are of a generation of retired folks. They can say all they want about joining and help making changes within the club, YOU"LL HEAR A LOT OF THAT. but facts are those in change resist change and do all they can to surpress it. We sat with and talked to Don Shafer the International president at the Region 6 rally. He talked about the forming of the Four Courners unit and said he hoped they would press on with the charter application. While he seems genuinely concerned and aware he is of the same generation that resist change. If he was really concerned he would stand up and say, Change begins NOW and with ME. Back to your question about non members attending rallys--the general answer is no except on special occasions. I think the four corners unit would be different thus the reason for the international folk trying to put it down. I hope you find a fit as you say but think you'll come to the same conclusion many of us have.---regard ---pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:12 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Motoman

There are many units in SoCal. Some are duds and others are modernizing and are fun to be around. If you PM me I'll recommend two for you to check out to see if they fit you.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:41 AM   #69
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
My wife and I have been members of the El Camino Real Unit since 2002. This unit is now 120 strong. Our members go from 30 something to 80 something with children as young as 5. Perhaps we are just easy going or old fogies like WBCCI is accused of, but at 60 with a wife of 59 we enjoy being with everyone. Some of the most interesting people are those who have been members for many years and tell of caravans and rallies of many years ago. One of the most enjoyable rallies was at Death Valley in 2004 for the Death Valley Rendezvous dry camped in the overflow area across from the Furnace Creek Visitor Center with 25 Airstreams and thousands of SOBs. We have not seen our ECR friends since the International and we miss them. We will be at Malibu RV Park on November 9-12, if anyone is nearby stop and say hi. The group is going to the Santa Monica Getty Museum on Friday and Saturday is open. The rallies currently planned for 2007 are in Santa Paula, Pechange RV Park, Woods Valley County Park in San Diego County and Borrego Springs. As you see, some are full hookup RV parks and some are county parks with electric and water or no hookups. We have 25-30 trailers at each rally which means 50-75 people. With that attendance it is sometimes diffcult to find a location which will accommodate that many.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:50 AM   #70
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
do you accept out of area members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoman
My wife and I have sent in our registration since the FCU rallies proposed for 2007 fit our ideas fo places to go, see and do. But I wanted to ask a question about the WBCCI rallies. Are they restricted to just WBCCI members? We just joined to see firsthand if we enjoy the benefits of membership and if the group is a good fitfor us, i.e. active enough. I would think that they would open their rallies to all Airstreamers as a part of marketing their club. Would you have to restrict attendance if FCU does become a WBCCI unit?

BTW, do you accept out of area members. We haven't checked out the Southern California UNITS but certainly we are interested in the FCU.
Hi Motoman,
The Four Corners Unit name was chosen because we do not limit membership or participation to people from any one state but rather a fairly large geographic region. Because of this large area, we plan to conduct business via electronic means vs. face to face meetings.

You are certainly welcome to participate in this rally. If you like us, perhaps you will consider becoming either a regular or an affiliate member.
AIR #10274
Old 10-29-2006, 12:05 PM   #71
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Batteries?

Seems we'll be there longer than the batteries will last if the heater must be used. Anybody have a plan for this?

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:26 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Forgot something

El Camino Real has one business meeting a year in connection with one of the rallies, usually September, and we have one luncheon, the installation luncheon in connection with the December Rally.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:30 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
we'll be there longer than the batteries will last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Seems we'll be there longer than the batteries will last if the heater must be used. Anybody have a plan for this?
Solar is my answer. Others may choose generators or the use of their TV.
AIR #10274
Old 10-29-2006, 01:10 PM   #74
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I camped at this same spot twice last year in February. Yes it gets cool at night, but we only ran the Cat heater for about 20 minutes each morning. We must be tough . We also have a double bed and 3 dogs. The outside temperture did get to the upper 30's one night, but the trailer stayed close to 50 degrees. After a summer of 100+ degree days, I like cool!

I also have a Honda EU1000 generator (with the 12 volt charge cable) and anyone who needs to top off their batteries is welcome to borrow it. We did not have this last year and had plenty of battery left at the end of the weekend.

Richard

Old 10-29-2006, 02:26 PM   #75
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
My wife and I have sent in our registration since the FCU rallies proposed for 2007 fit our ideas fo places to go, see and do. But I wanted to ask a question about the WBCCI rallies. Would you have to restrict attendance if FCU does become a WBCCI unit?
Motoman.. In some cases yes, but in the beginning we will likely have a few 'buddy rallies' to generate interest from new people.. I've discussed this point with other perspective FCUers and the point of this unit is INCLUSION not EXCLUSION.. That is the reason for the get back to basics approach.. Keep the business part of the club "on-line" and use our precious time for what is important... CAMPING..Fun..Family....

Quote:
do you accept out of area members.
Of course... as I see it most of our rallies will be a 2-10 hour tow from most points in the region so come on out..
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:32 AM   #76
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Arlington , Virginia
Sounds like this will be a great rally. Any ASU grads going? Go Devils!
Streamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:57 AM   #77
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Safari
Escondido , California
Generators at Dead Horse State Park? The park web site says no generators. Are generators allowed in the group area? I will bring a 1KW generator for sure, but would bring the 3KW generator if they are allowed.
AIR #13642
18 Ram 1500, 06 Safari 22
SnorkyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:08 AM   #78
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Are generators allowed in the group area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorkyII
Generators at Dead Horse State Park? The park web site says no generators. Are generators allowed in the group area? I will bring a 1KW generator for sure, but would bring the 3KW generator if they are allowed.
Hi SnorkyII,

Here is a quote from their web site;
"Generators are prohibited in campgrounds where electric is available"
http://www.azparks.gov/Parks/parkhtml/deadhorse.html

There is no electric is available in the group sites so I read that to mean generators are OK except during quiet hours.
AIR #10274
Old 11-01-2006, 06:38 PM   #79
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Safari
Escondido , California
Airstream25: When I downloaded the park map, it says "Generators are prohibited in campgrounds".

Sam H.
AIR #13642
18 Ram 1500, 06 Safari 22
SnorkyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:42 PM   #80
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Generators are prohibited in the campgrounds, but not in the group site.

Richard