Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2007, 12:36 AM   #621
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Hello All,
Have arrived in Tucsoon, not soon enough...spent the night in Oasis' front yard, and arose to the sound of the air compressor pumping up the pressure(a familiar, distinctive, yet comforting sound0...visited our '68 Overlander(on consignment), toured a few antique stores, and then returned to pick up a MH that doesn't require sign language to converse in the front seats at 55 mph(replaced the window gaskets) and a middle roof vent that no longer funnels water in(Fantastic vent)...THANKS TO RICK...
good folks...saw a familiar trailer there...almost as though we had just seen it...uhm...last week...
Thanks to Richard and Jan...GREAT WAY TO START OFF A UNIT!!! ...and thanks to everyone else-we felt quite comfortable,despite our "MH" status, and enjoyed meeting everyone, period. That fellow with the peeps seemed to be worried about offending us, but maybe it was just the flamingos. We had one peep go AWOL, but we stopped at a Kohl"s in Phoenix and restored the ranks and actually added to the rerserve. Kevin, you are larger than life, and possibly almost as large as the movement you have generated, but your hat size is still less than '9', and you are not yet 8 feet tall...live longer and prosper morer...
we were the last to leave...we'll post pics as soon as I can get back into my regular routine of late-rising, leisurely antiquing, serious grilling, even more serious hot-tubbing, and ambivalent sleeping...may the peeps be with you.............m&t
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #622
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
That's It...

ok, i've had it...

i've waited long enough...

ur killing me... so i'll post the pics...

this large animal on the roof was only steps away from Dead Horse...

gee's...

i've been waiting... it was a "give me"... now i'm giving it to you (the pic, not the rash).

kevbo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	elk on roof 01.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	32913   Click image for larger version

Name:	elk on roof 02.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	32914  

Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #623
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Desert Hot Springs , California
Richard and Jan and All,
Thanks for a Grand Rally.

Jan the silver paperclip from your generous welcome package will always be a part of our AS equipment, no matter what friend Richard says.

We have been reviewing the posted pictures of the Rally and they are Great. We are having some difficulty feeding the film from our Brownie Box camera into the computer, (did we miss a generation or something?) so we will just have to be satisfied looking at all of yours.

I must have dozed off for a couple of seconds somewhere and missed the business meeting.

Thank you Jan for Joan's birthday cake..She was surprised and impressed.

Kevbo, your peeps was an idea of great importance. Now there are two celebrated horsemen associated with Simi Valley, one has a library and the other has peeps.

What a fine group of folks we met at the 4CU Rally.

John and Joan Bishop
skyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #624
3 Rivet Member

2007 23' International CCD
Hemet , California
Great to have so many ASs in one place!!!

Richard, Jan, Brad and all the rest who put this together: What a great "get together" of like-minded (w/possible exception of...no, even KB was way too cool) people.
Susan and I had a great time even though we arrived late (2:30 CA time) Saturday. But we stayed late, too (Monday mid-morning).
Everyone we met became friends and we look forward to crossing paths again with all of you fine people. I'm going to suggest to those nearby that we do a desert trip soon....before the heat starts, of course!!
I've dry-camped just outside the entrance to Joshua Tree Nat. Park, south entrance, many times. And it's free!! I plan on sometime in late March on a weekend, driving out Friday night after work (1.42 hours) and leaving Sunday afternoon before sunset.
I'll suggest to the AZ people that we might want to camp near Quartzite sometime in the future as that would be about a midpoint for AZ people (but not for CO or NM).
We're heading for Washington state and the Columbia River Gorge and other places at the beginning of our summer so if you're thinking that area might be good then, then ???
Again, Cottonwood was a great place to go to and we're planning on the same next year. We also had the "great luck" of experiencing the most incredible rainstorm on our way home. Had us parked off the I17 for about 3 hours hunkered down waiting for it to stop (so I could do some gold hunting). It didn't so we drove over to Quartzite to get out of the rain, boom, boom, boom...the ants go marching....

I got pics of peeps doing all sorts of things. Will have to try downloading some soon.
Our $ is in the mail...............
See ya
"The key to flexibility is indecision"
GoldFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:19 PM   #625
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
FCU Member Introductions

We have had some new people join the FCU recently, welcome aboard.
You may also request to join our private forum here. From the main "Portal" page, just click on the link for "WBCCI Unit Forums" in the list of links on the left side of the page and click to request to join this private forum

After you have been admitted, the next time you visit the main "Forums" page, you will see the "Four Corners Unit Private Club Forum" as the top item in the list.

One of the threads in the private forum is "FCU Member Introductions"
Please add your own information there.
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:54 PM   #626
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
A Small Desert Rally

Gary and Don,

Of course we live in the "Desert", but a small desert rally should be a good thing. We could check out places that are suggested and make a report. There are feed stores close by. A number of AS folks are within easy driving distance.
John and Joan
Old 02-27-2007, 08:02 PM   #627
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
desert rally should be a good thing

The more rallies the better in my opinion. All kinds of rallies, then people can pick and chose those that appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvalley
Gary and Don,
Of course we live in the "Desert", but a small desert rally should be a good thing. We could check out places that are suggested and make a report. There are feed stores close by. A number of AS folks are within easy driving distance.
John and Joan
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #628
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Feed Stores...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvalley
Gary and Don,

Of course we live in the "Desert", but a small desert rally should be a good thing. We could check out places that are suggested and make a report. There are feed stores close by. A number of AS folks are within easy driving distance. John and Joan
mr. n ms. big valley,

i love WBCCI rally activities... everyone complains. not me...

free time to do research;

such as, but not limited to:

gun stores
feed stores (perfect if FFA supporters)
hardware stores

or

dive cowboy bars
saloons

or

cat housing / K9 housing

k.
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:05 PM   #629
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
goin' down the road.....feelin'...goin' down the road...

Kev shares some good points of interest...if I may add to the list.. I'd also recommend good taco stands...

there are many....to fill the belly on your way to the next feed store, local bar or rally................. that's got me thinkin'... maybe we should start a…best of…. regional thread for all of you fellow Airstream travelers....... the best of…. places to eat, drink (piss off the locals) get feed for your crew, whatever your towin’.......the titles on the best of list are up to you...... another thread another day.....

where was i going with this.....

oh, the taco stand, if you are on your way to the

next rally April Fools- Tucson, AZ

You must do yourself a favor and stop at

El Guero Canelo

5201 S 12th Ave
Tucson, AZ 85706View Map
(520) 295-9005

Best Mexican hot dogs, the tacos are to die for, and you know it's good… every cop in Tucson eats there weekly.

See you down the road,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #630
3 Rivet Member

2007 23' International CCD
Hemet , California
Did I mention "Hole in the Wall"????
No I did not. It's the name of one campground, easy to get to, near Mitchell's Cavern in the Providence Mountains State Rec area...west of Needles and off, and north of, the I40.

No dive bars that I know of although there might be something at either Essex, Fenner, or Goffs (check your stinkin maps; they're there).

Temps are always cooler than the surrounding valleys, even in the summer!! It got real cold and snowed one time when I took the family there during April.

There are lots of hikes and deep canyons around there. And then there's the Caverns to go and see. The campground sites are spread out and I would suspect not full most of the year.

We might want to do this in April....

Then there's Bishop, CA. I know there is at least one feed store with a big plastic cow on the roof that Kevin might become attached to...there's Mule Days I think in the spring??? Have to check this out.
Bishop is a real cowboy/cowgirl town, too. And there are endless cb bars to keep the "beer at breakfast" happy. Oh, there's also great fishing in the area. Of course, there's Taboose Creek campground in the trees next to a babbling (lots of that going on at Cottonwood) brook with planted trout. I've fished from the doorway of the Airstream before.

later
"The key to flexibility is indecision"
GoldFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:20 PM   #631
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Thanks for the food lead...

Mr streamin,

We have the April fools rally in our plan book. Confirmation will follow soon. Thanks for the info on good food. I know you have gun shops.
John and Joan
Old 02-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #632
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
We went to Mammoth, CA a few years ago and went through Bishop. We really took to Bishop. Cool little town with lots of charm and character. The local fishing was also nice. There's also a conclave of bamboo fly rod builders that gather in Bishop once a year. There's quite a hill north of town that lasts for a few miles on the way up to Mammoth.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:03 PM   #633
4 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
Santa Cruz , California
Mule Days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnorgan
...there's Mule Days I think in the spring???
Here is the link Bishop Mule Days Celebration .

A helluva good time...

You can camp right at the fairgrounds or at numerous campgrounds along the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada with short drives into town.

1964 17' Bambi II
2005 Dodge 2500 PowerWagon -5.7 Hemi
WBCCI #4207
AIR #11485

"you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" ~bob dylan
S C Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:25 PM   #634
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
"Of course, there's Taboose Creek campground in the trees next to a babbling (lots of that going on at Cottonwood) brook with planted trout."

I've never planted trout before...what kind of soil do you use, and how far apart do you plant them...? I must have been waiting my turn at cornholing(can't believe I just said that) when the planting babbling went on.

We have been to the camera class at our current dig, and will soon be able to present flamingoes(yes, AND peeps) caught in otherwise unheard of positions of performance...our instructor actually had a pic of a HUGE chicken on top of a roof as a demo(-nstration, not -lition)...

Give enough notice, we'll try to get to any rally or notreallyarallyrally in the desert, as long as the ambient noon temp is less than, say, 80 to a gazillion degrees.

mike&tracy
Old 02-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #635
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2
I must have been waiting my turn at cornholing(can't believe I just said that)
mike&tracy
Yeah, We're used to having to say stuff like that. We camp with Kevbo all the time. Did he show you his National Cornholing Card?

It's a bean toss game to those of you who thought it was something else.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #636
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
[QUOTE=... Did he show you his National Cornholing Card?...

[/QUOTE]
I believe he left it out on his table/counter during the open house...I'm probably gonna have to get one...I wonder what you have to include in registration information...?http://www.airforums.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif...it's cold here in south Tucsoon, and I saw freezing temps(?http://www.airforums.com/forum...lies/angry.gif) for Phooenix this week...however, reports from home say -7 this week, earlier, so that puts the pee in perspective...........m
Old 02-28-2007, 10:55 PM   #637
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
"I've never planted trout before...what kind of soil do you use, and how far apart do you plant them...? "

mike&tracy[/quote]

Mr. ScrapIrony,

It is one fish per hill of corn. The foilks from Plymouth learned that some time ago.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:24 PM   #638
2 Rivet Member

Phoenix , Arizona
Thanks again to the hosts!

Found these
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2295.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	36146   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2296.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	368.1 KB
ID:	36147  

Mrs Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:05 PM   #639
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
You are very welcome. Thanks for the pictures...

Who wants to do it again next year?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:30 AM   #640
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
You are very welcome. Thanks for the pictures...

Who wants to do it again next year?
Mr. flycaster--Richard,
Joan says she isn't having anymore birthdays, BUT YES, COUNT US AS ATTENDING NEXT YEAR!!!
We thought you would never ask...

John and Joan