Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #401
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
photographer for the rally?

Hi Mike,
AZFlyCaster and I have been experimenting with sharpcast.com as a photo sharing website. Send you e-mail address and you can be invited to what has been started there.
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by flitzwhopper
ya know....
Did anyone volunteer to be the photographer for the rally? I'll have our Cannon A630 along. I have been required to collect some record of Mr. Bo's antics. I'll be happy to upload whatever i get to a webzone for viewing and downloading if that is useful.
mike
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #402
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Gee's Forget the Hat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr
Kevbo without a hat? No problem, he's gotta sleep sometime and unless he sleeps standing up with his hat on. Or, how about a 3am fire drill? Brad FF
Mr. fly,

you of all people, after camping together, but not together, and giving me awning lessons and such.

you know, i always sleep "up right". you can't see the shirt otherwise.

it's the exact reason i never "sit down" at a potluck.

kevbo
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #403
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
Tempe , Arizona
Jerry,
nice... email is mruppel@cox.net. what resolution do people like? 2048x1536 is what I use for posting.

thanks

Mike

Charter Member Four Corners Unit

WBCCI #2417
flitzwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:01 AM   #404
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Green...

Quote:
Jerry,
nice... email is mruppel@cox.net. what resolution do people like? 2048x1536 is what I use for posting. thanks Mike
mr. whooper,

i'm green, and as such share your consideration of the planet by limiting yourself to such small file sizes, and the conservation of sandy beaches everywhere.

kevbo
Old 02-04-2007, 11:25 AM   #405
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
what resolution do people like?

Mike,
2048x1536 is nice for making prints but is overkill for posting on the web. In round numbers, the typical monitor screen resolution is about 90 pixels/inch.
This means you would need a monitor about 22" wide to fully display an image that large.

Big images also quickly use up your online directory space.

Quote:
Jerry,
nice... email is mruppel@cox.net. what resolution do people like? 2048x1536 is what I use for posting.

thanks

Mike
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #406
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Jerry, Thanks for the reminder on that service.
It would be nice if folks could put some words to the picture as well. I have this picture from my last rally and I can't remember the names that go with the faces. I know that they are all related...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hillbilly18.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	31825  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:29 AM   #407
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Jerry, Thanks for the reminder on that service.
It would be nice if folks could put some words to the picture as well. I have this picture from my last rally and I can't remember the names that go with the faces. I know that they are all related...

Which ones are Ma and Pa?
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #408
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Breath Slowly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream25
Mike,
2048x1536 is nice for making prints but is overkill for posting on the web. In round numbers, the typical monitor screen resolution is about 90 pixels/inch.
This means you would need a monitor about 22" wide to fully display an image that large.
mr. stream25,

i believe that was humor (crude, but humor). i'll have to check my greeters handbook, but i sincerely think, you've been "taken in".

see post #404 - another example of crude humor, in response to mr. whopper; you know memory cards are made of silica, which is primarily sand, save the beaches, green planet reference thing... lots of pixels.... hahaha.... i knew you knew that, and were just kidding us...

please exhale.

kevbo
Old 02-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #409
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
My Family and There Coming to Dead Horse...

Quote:
mr caster,

that's my family and there peeps. wait till you meet the other half 'o the family at the rally, well both halves actually. there planning on bringing "A" dish for the potluck.

thanks for posting the pic.

gotta go and brush my tooth.

k.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:15 PM   #410
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
Tempe , Arizona
big resolution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream25
Mike,

Big images also quickly use up your online directory space.
Jerry, got the email... looks like a good start. I can start an album or feed the photos to someone for a consolidated album

doesn't everyone have a 37" WUXGA monitor yet?

smaller is okay... 1600x1200 ?

being an untrained photographer, i usually take high resolution and crop to a good shot. That way I can crop Mr. Bo's tail number off to avoid incriminating evidence.

being in a techno-geek family, we have big local storage and quite a bit in nooks and cranies out on the Internet. Space is less of a problem than bandwidth for us. Even with a 4mb/sec feed, pushing a session from the camera can take a fair amount of time.

just trying to be helpful here... having a common location rather than a bunch of sites splattered over the Internet is a really good idea. But if storage becomes a problem, we can host some content.

thanks

Mike

WBCCI #2417
Old 02-04-2007, 12:32 PM   #411
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
2nd String Greeter Placement, Fair Warning...

i just was assigned my greeters shift and position.

richard and jan think it best, if i was placed in back, on the left.

something about wandering about aimlessly all night long or something.

so i start my first greeting shift, thursday at noon.

see attached map for my location.

i'll be on the left side, anchored to that piece of earth jutting out. it's also a good place for my horses.

thanks in advance,

kevbo

double click on the photo below for clearity...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dead horse site kevbo 3.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	31829  
Old 02-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #412
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
Testament of Truth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo10
Mr. fly,

you of all people, after camping together, but not together, and giving me awning lessons and such.

you know, i always sleep "up right". you can't see the shirt otherwise.

it's the exact reason i never "sit down" at a potluck.

kevbo
Kev is very particular about his attire and proudly shows the artistry of his personal tailor's craft and his cleaner's (Butler?) precise laundering finesse...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN1690.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	31831  

https://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:47 PM   #413
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Goodness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babeebloos
Kev is very particular about his attire and proudly shows the artistry of his personal tailor's craft and his cleaner's (Butler?) precise laundering finesse...
oh my,

what can i say... up till now, these folks thought i was kidding around. thats only how i look on sunday morning, because i was headed out to church.

on another note...

what happens at a (insert name here)

RALLY

stays at a (insert name here)

RALLY.

thank you,

kevbo
Old 02-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #414
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I can't believe that this rally is less then 2 weeks away. This whole thing started as an idea to have a forums rally and then the 4CU comes along and now it's both. We have a lot of folks who will be there and many more that would like to be there. We even have a sister rally over on the coast.

Now it is time to ask the tough questions:
  1. Does everyone know how to get to the park? Cottonwood is just West of I-17 between Flagstaff and Phoenix. You can use Mapquest and get maps and directions
  2. Does everyone know about the pot luck? It's Saturday around 5:00PM and everyone is expected to bring 3 things. An appetite, eating stuff (plates, forks, etc.) and a food item. You can bring a main dish, a salad, a desert, what ever. With this many people we are sure to have a wide variety and plenty of good eats. I will tell you what Jan is going to bring, the same dish that she made for 29 Palms.....
  3. Does everyone know about the happy hour? It's Friday at around 5:00PM and you can bring a snack to share if you wish. Jan has gotten several items to munch on. The center piece will be the M-Ball. We have cups, salt and you know what...
We could use a few folding tables to place the food on for the pot luck, so if you have one, please bring it over before the event. If you are going to enjoy the campfire, please bring folding chairs. If you have never seen a campfire with different colors, you are in for a treat. I have a bunch of pipes loaded and ready to burn.

When you get to the park, tell the ranger that you are with the 4 Corners Group. They will give you your pass and point you in the right direction. You do not have to pay the ranger any money. That has been taken care of.

More infomation about the events of the weekend will be in your welcome pack that you will get at your campsite. If you need to contact me on Thursday or Friday, call my cell number. It is on the form at form

Please update this thread if you have any additional comments / questions.

Richard

Old 02-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #415
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Surprise...

richard & jan,

i'm in shock and awe...

wow, you talked about everything, INCLUDING the pot luck...

you didn't talk about the weather...

zip code for the park is 86326

the address is:

Dead Horse State Park
675 Dead Horse Ranch Road
Cottonwood, AZ 86326

i'm coming from 1 1/2 hours north of los angeles regardless, and i'm bringing lightning n thunder.

if everybody brought a little firewood, we would have a lot...

kevin
Old 02-04-2007, 11:15 PM   #416
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
It is too early to talk about the weather. This week it should be around 70 degree during the day and get down to the upper 30's at night. maybe it will warm up a little bit more next week, who knows. Last year it was about the same (TCT Rally) and we never ran the heater at night. We did fire up the Cat heater in the morning to knock the chill off the trailer, but were never cold.

Jan and I are going up to the park Saturday for the day. My fly fishing club has the same area rented next weekend. I will check things out and report back.

Kev - You are only a few posts from Rivet Master status. The job we have hired you for pays the same no matter how many rivets you have. I'll tell you what, if you do a good job (I'm sure you will), I will have a surprise for you.

Richard

Old 02-04-2007, 11:20 PM   #417
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Code? Again?

Quote:
It is too early to talk about the weather.

Kev - You are only a few posts from Rivet Master status. The job we have hired you for pays the same no matter how many rivets you have. I'll tell you what, if you do a good job (I'm sure you will), I will have a surprise for you.
mr. fly,

you inferred weather.

i didn't say anything of the sort.

don't read between the lines... all code will be revealed at a later date... dot dot dot, dash dash dash, dot dot dot

please leave all over reaction to a professional, like me.

love, peace, shoot outs,

kevin

rivets? i'm like pierced already... what will my friends think?
Old 02-05-2007, 06:58 AM   #418
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
Tempe , Arizona
mr. bo,
thanks for the clarification regarding do's and don'ts...

so a Rally is like going to Las Vegas...

good thing you cleared that up

from the apparent record number of posts in this thread, i had mistakenly gotten the impression that a rally was more like the Twilight Zone

imagine a time and place.....

mike

WBCCI #2417
Old 02-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #419
4 Rivet Member

1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
Quote:
I can't believe that this rally is less then 2 weeks away. This whole thing started as an idea to have a forums rally and then the 4CU comes along and now it's both. We have a lot of folks who will be there and many more that would like to be there. We even have a sister rally over on the coast.

Now it is time to ask the tough questions:[LIST=1][*]Does everyone know how to get to the park? Cottonwood is just West of I-17 between Flagstaff and Phoenix. You can use Mapquest and get maps and directions\
I want to note a word of caution for those searching their GPS for the Dead Horse Ranch State Park and allowing it to route you there. Our 2005 Dodge with factory GPS dutifly routed us to Cottonwood from CA last year for the TInCan Tourist Rally. We took the narow winding route from Prescott to Jerome with our 25' CCD which was an eye opening experience (think deer in the headlights look) and then drove through Clarkdale to Cottonwood for the park.

We followed the GPS verbal and visual directions to turn left on Fifth Street as I remember. THIS WAS A BIG MISTAKE!! Everything looked the same as it had in 1991 or 92 when we last visited the park and had to drive down a narrow neighborhood street and through the river in a wet ford crossing. However, since we were last there they built a new road entrance to the park with a bridge over the river. The old narrow neighborhood street is still there but it is a dead end with little or no room to turn around!!!

The rangers at the park told us that the old entrance had been abandond 15 years ago or so, but our GPS, built in 2005, was none the wiser. It knew of the old entrance but not the new one.

If you use your GPS to provide directions to the park and it looks like it wants you to turn down a small narrow neighborhood street DON'T DO IT! The new entrance has a sign at the highway were you turn to go to the park. Look for it and beware of instructions otherwise from your GPS. Otherwise be prepared for an extend trip backwards and then an exceptionally long happy hour!

What do you want to be in life, a spectator or a participant?

SNU #157
FCU #004
Motoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #420
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Anybody heard from Kev(I got 498 posts)bo today?

C'mon Kevbo do the two and join the Club.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote