Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #281
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
featuring the 4CU m-ball.

I told you this would happen!

Happy hour just got happier.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #282
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
liberal red pepper and jalapenos on the pot "unplanned" stuff! umm, use of the word "pot" here might mean an especially good happy after...
Old 01-23-2007, 04:18 PM   #283
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Thinking... Manners, Crazed Munchies Gone Wild...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium
liberal red pepper and jalapenos on the pot "unplanned" stuff! umm, use of the word "pot" here might mean an especially good happy after...
not that i'd know anything about it...

but "pot" and "pot luck", may not be such a bad idea, if say you had a three hundred pound "fruitcake", that you had been continiously towing around for say the last fourteen rallies, and just wanted to off load it "ALL" to a hoard of stoned under-munched peeps...

BUT THEN AGAIN...

if say, you had a nice sit down catered event such as this, i would consider eating ALL the horse douvers in one fell swoop, alone... that might be a tad, outa hand...

but, i'm from a red county in california, what the heck do i know?

kevbo
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #284
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Safari
Escondido , California
Kevbo10: Yep had to dropout. It seems work got in the way. I still have to work part of the time. I need to support a flight test program, and they will not change their schedule for me. Would like to have met everyone.

Sam
AIR #13642
18 Ram 1500, 06 Safari 22
SnorkyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:41 PM   #285
4 Rivet Member

1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
azflycaster, Please repeat your instructions if any of us that come into the park early or stay over a day or two. I believe the park rangers will let us set up in the group site and pay the nightly camping fee for the extra nights. Can you confirm?

Also, is anyone thinking about riding the Verde Canyon Railroad in neighboring Clarkdale and if so what day? For info it's not cheap, ~$55 for coach (seniors over 65 ~$50) and ~$80 for first class! Runs 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM Wednesday through Monday. The description for the Winter months is:
"Thumb your nose at Ol' Man Winter. From December to April, Eagle Watch is on in the Verde Canyon. One of the few remaining areas in Arizona where nesting bald eagles can be seen in their natural habitat, the Verde Canyon offers visitors a chance to glimpse these remarkable birds of prey. Many otherwise elusive raptors can easily be spotted from the open-air viewing cars accessible from all passenger cars."

You can check out the web site at Welcome to the Verde Canyon Railroad Homepage .

What do you want to be in life, a spectator or a participant?

SNU #157
FCU #004
Motoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #286
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Well, ain't that interesting!

Don et al -

Is this a part of the 'Rally' - is there a possible excursion to this? It seems like a no-brainer for me, with kids, as a terrific nature outing.... Anyone else up for the trip??

Will get tickets in the AM, anyone else want seats with, near us - or FAR AWAY from us? Let me know.

Axel
SilverToy
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:37 PM   #287
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorkyII
Kevbo10: Yep had to dropout. It seems work got in the way. I still have to work part of the time. I need to support a flight test program, and they will not change their schedule for me. Would like to have met everyone. /// HUGE SNIP /// Sam
mr. snork,

i understand the rigors of work. that's why i switched years ago to overly officious greeting at rallies, it pays well (it's the only paid position at the rally) and well i get to camp, drink and annoy for free.

i'm sorry you can't come... however were having a nice rally in nor cal in april at Casini Ranch (insert cheap shill plug here). they even have sights up yonder as well, redwoods, fields of the highest paying ag crop (famous for it), wineries and cowboy dive bars (well not as many as you guys have, but hay... can't have it all).

doorgunner our nor cal streamer rally security agent, is sending along w/ me a pot of his world famous gumbo for everyone to enjoy at the saturday night "luck". he only uses the freshest meat, slowly smoked over an open fire and then quicken frozen in an AS freezer.

i do however look forward to meeting everyone else.

drive safe,

kevbo
Old 01-24-2007, 12:06 PM   #288
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Many otherwise elusive raptors can easily be spotted from the open-air viewing cars accessible from all passenger cars."

You can check out the web site at Welcome to the Verde Canyon Railroad Homepage .
"Open air viewing cars" sounds like cold and windy to me. Any locals or folks who have done the trip know how it will be at this time of year?
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #289
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
It is going to depend on the time of day and what weather front is going through. You can always overdress and remove cloths as you go.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:16 PM   #290
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoman
azflycaster, Please repeat your instructions if any of us that come into the park early or stay over a day or two. I believe the park rangers will let us set up in the group site and pay the nightly camping fee for the extra nights. Can you confirm?
Correct, as long as no one else has the site reserved for that time. The weekend before is the rally is reserved by my flyfishing club and they will be gone on that Sunday. I do not know about the week after. The place is prety empty during the week. If the spots were being used you could always move to another area of the park. Make sure the attendent knows that you are part of the Four Courners Unit so that you will not be charged twice for the rally weekend. The park should be setup with all of the ralliers at least a week before the event.

Richard

Old 01-24-2007, 07:36 PM   #291
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Richard,

I'll be arriving late, like midnight Friday, from Mojave. I've been ignoring all the "which spot is best" and "can I park far from/very near to Kevbo" posts. Anything special I need to know or can I just take the last empty spot?

Zep
Old 01-24-2007, 08:12 PM   #292
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
1961 16' Bambi
1956 16' Bubble
Potrero , California
Richard,
Thanks for the heads-up on the extra day. We'll leave home Thursday, arrive there Friday sometime and plan to bug-out Monday.

So guacamole for 60 then?
Bob & Nanc~
The " TinDen "
2007 25' International FB
1961 Bambi, 16' California
1956 Bubble 16' California Whale Tail
Charter Member 4 Corners Unit
(View all of elfirebob's images)
elfirebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:42 PM   #293
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Earth, Wind, Fire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfirebob
Richard, Long time no see buddy, how's that rash coming along? We've looted a fat farmers field while visitng Ojai Cal. So guacamole for 60 then? Bob & Nanc~
mr. and mrs. fire,

you must be overly employed serving 60 guests guacamole after the last freeze in the ag belt here in so. cal... however, if you must, invite me, i'll come, i like your outgoing pirate style.

argggg,

kevbo
Old 01-24-2007, 08:54 PM   #294
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium
Richard,

I'll be arriving late, like midnight Friday, from Mojave. I've been ignoring all the "which spot is best" and "can I park far from/very near to Kevbo" posts. Anything special I need to know or can I just take the last empty spot?

Zep
Zep,
Midnight Friday sounds like Kevbo's shift as greeter, look for the seven foot cowboy! Just find a place to put the rig. The far end of the circle is open desert, lots of room. You can always leave it hooked to your TV and rearange in the morning...

Richard

Old 01-24-2007, 09:08 PM   #295
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
I'll do it...

Quote:
Zep,
Midnight Friday sounds like Kevbo's shift as greeter, look for the seven foot cowboy! Just find a place to put the rig. The far end of the circle is open desert, lots of room. a lota room, like goes on forever and ever...
richard and jan,

I'll take that shift as i need the money and it's overtime. generally speaking everyone goes to bed, and i'll be up watching movies, cruising the net and planning the next day's events, till about 4am, then i'm up for anything after about 6am. so look for the overly "lit" AS. i'll greet, place and even park your rig (small print to follow).

kevbo
Old 01-25-2007, 11:36 PM   #296
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Breed?

richard,

i just got a message asking for the breed of my horses? before we can attend the rally? it also goes on to state that there not welcome (my horses) at the happy hour or pot luck?

why?

am i over reacting?

this is my second rally, and no one has brought this up B4.

thanks in advance,

kevin - live from space 27, morrow bay state park, vinatge trailer rally.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:35 AM   #297
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I have a problem with the word horse being used in the same sentence as pot luck.

Richard

Old 01-26-2007, 06:43 AM   #298
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
gee's fine.

Quote:
I have a problem with the word horse being used in the same sentence as pot luck.
they don't eat much.... fine, i keep'em in space 210, and let them free, right after the "luck" gumbo...

what about happy hour?

i hope you know you just crushed the kids.... meanie...

kevbo
Old 01-26-2007, 08:02 AM   #299
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I could bring Jan's horse. This is her toy horse from when she was a small child a few years ago. I refinished it a few years ago for her as a Christmas present....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	horse.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	31355  

Richard

Old 01-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #300
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
her toy horse from when she was a small child a few years ago. I refinished it a few years ago
I see you are a smart/careful man with your words. Probably been married awhile.

I like to see projects such as this. It ties the recipient back to past good times, and to loved ones who were involved with them at the time. ie: Mom or Dad. Nice gift.
Dave

On edit, I can see that this could be your daughter. Oops. I guess the point still remains...
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote