Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Four Corners April Fools Buddy Rally

Four Corners Unit April Fools Buddy Rally.....

We are proud to announce our second FCU rally for 2007!

This is an open FCU rally for current and new prospective members. Take this opportunity to hang out with the FCU. Bring your family, kids, pets and Airstream friends to explore the beautiful Sonoran Desert of our Southwest Region. We are blessed in many ways to live in this region and this is a prime example of the why we must travel off the path of commercial campgrounds.

When: Friday, March 30th, 31st and April 1st…This rally will offer the benefit of tremendous flexibility…come early, stay late, it's up to you. Some may choose to travel from great distance and make it a 4 or 5 or 7 day get away, others may want to drop in for just one night…this rally will give you the FCU camper unlimited travel flexibility to explore one of the most beautiful areas of our region...note maximum park stay is 7 nights.

Where
: Gilbert Ray Campground, Tucson Arizona Mountain Park
http://www.pima.gov/nrpr/places/park..._ray/index.htm
http://www.pima.gov/nrpr/places/park...mtpk/index.htm

Why: Is this the FCU rally....the one that you just can't miss?
first, it's the FCU members we have fun!
second, it's the location.....see pictures below....
third….this is one of our favorite destinations in the Southwest.

Camp
Details… Each site has 30 amp electric, a picnic table, every third or fourth site has a water fill station and there is a campground central dump station.
Clean modern restrooms, no showers. Propane and charcoal grills are allowed, no wood campfires.

Rate: $20/ Night….Cash or Checks ONLY- SELF PAY at time of check-in

exact change required.

RSVP: to Brent Larson/ AZstreamin
and please add your name to the rally calendar

Pictures of the experience below… more details to come.

LET’s GO CAMPING!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006 Nov-Tucson Camping 011.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	31729  
Attached Images

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Jan & I will attend. I love that area! Weather should be pefect!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Bummer and Sad... but Maybe...

well bummer,

i have a conflict.

my first real live WBCCI event in california, on the same weekend.

although, my friends tell me that i've probably been kicked out befor i arrive because of a series of letters mocking the "coupon". i thought "it" (the "coupon") was way overly-officious, so my personality wrote a series of letters, now highly collectable AND suitable for framing.

so anyway,

if my personality didn't get me kicked out of my prior rally in california, i could always come over here and terrorize this one.

besides i have a greater chance of finding a cow or horse on the roof of some merchant in arizona than say california. but maybe not, were the land of fruits AND nuts. so i got that workin for me...

kevbo
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo10
well bummer,

i have a conflict.

my first real live WBCCI event in california, on the same weekend.

although, my friends tell me that i've probably been kicked out befor i arrive because of a series of letters mocking the "coupon". i thought "it" (the "coupon") was way overly-officious, so my personality wrote a series of letters, now highly collectable AND suitable for framing.

so anyway,

if my personality didn't get me kicked out of my prior rally in california, i could always come over here and terrorize this one.

besides i have a greater chance of finding a cow or horse on the roof of some merchant in arizona than say california. but maybe not, were the land of fruits AND nuts. so i got that workin for me...

kevbo
Kevin,

Where are you going so that I can warn them to put you on the far side of Neptune?

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Mr. Bill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
Kevin,

Where are you going so that I can warn them to put you on the far side of Neptune?

Bill
hi mr. bill,

my unit of the WBCCI (SFV) is co hosting an event w/ the south coast unit of the WBCCI. it's the first event that i "might" be going to if like i said my personality has'nt already gotten me banished. as most people know i attend about 15 rallies or so a year, just not WBBCI events, for really, no reason. i just tend to click w/ the vintage groups and or the forum groups.

so mr. bill, you know me, this was the "short" version. shall i expound?

kevbo

ps the rally is being held at the Prado Regional Park in Chino, CA. really, i did'nt mean what i said about the coupon. i thought all 200 questions were fine, really. i don't mind you asking whom i'm sleeping with, really i don't... i'm not sensitive...
Old 02-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo10
hi mr. bill,

my unit of the WBCCI (SFV) is co hosting an event w/ the south coast unit of the WBCCI. it's the first event that i "might" be going to if like i said my personality has'nt already gotten me banished. as most people know i attend about 15 rallies or so a year, just not WBBCI events, for really, no reason. i just tend to click w/ the vintage groups and or the forum groups.

so mr. bill, you know me, this was the "short" version. shall i expound?

kevbo

ps the rally is being held at the Prado Regional Park in Chino, CA. really, i did'nt mean what i said about the coupon. i thought all 200 questions were fine, really. i don't mind you asking whom i'm sleeping with, really i don't... i'm not sensitive...
Not to hijack this thread, but....

Kevin, I am confused. I am an associate member of South Coast and my notes show the March/April rally to be at Palm Desert and the February/March rally to be in Chino. Regardless, I will contact the president of South Coast and make sure that he is adequately warned about you and assigns you a space near the baby calf pens. Very aromatic, I assure you.

Back to your normally scheduled thread.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 02-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
I'm Confused... Easily...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
Not to hijack this thread, but....

Kevin, I am confused. I am an associate member of South Coast and my notes show the March/April rally to be at Palm Desert and the February/March rally to be in Chino. Regardless, I will contact the president of South Coast and make sure that he is adequately warned about you and assigns you a space near the baby calf pens. Very aromatic, I assure you.

Back to your normally scheduled thread.

Bill
mr. bill,

don't be concerned about hijacking a thread, it's never bothered me...

ok, i can't remember,

i know our unit, SFV, is co hosting w/ some other unit...

i got invited, so as i'm prone to do, if i have time, i'll come...

so i'm coming.

i just know, i'm paid, how to get there, and how to get back.

after that, i just let my personality have it's own way.

kevbo
Old 02-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
I'll be in the area anyway!

Hey...I'll be there in the area anyway so whats a day or two earlier???
I'm signed up for the semi-boondock thing...it's just two days before I would need to dump...I can 'hold' it!!!!

https://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:26 PM   #9
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Aww...as much as I'd love to join you, I've reached my quota of one (official) Rally a month already and my locals need me to be home once in a while. But you never know...I may just run away from home...again. (They are used to that by now) But it sounds like a nice spot and if it's a "pay when you get there" it may be possible to just show up at the last minute?
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Kevbo and Bill

O.K. the Hijack continues...

The WBCCI Rally in question is March 2 through 4 in Chino. Bill I hope you are there. Kevbo, GoinCampin (Another SFV member) and Timemachine are all going.

Hijack over.

Tucson for April fools buddy rally. FANTASTIC!!!!!!

FCU guys. We can't go that far with the trailer for the weekend but... We can drive down and visit My Aunt and Uncle in Tucson who are unable to RV anymore but were fulltimers. Could we all show up for Sat. night visit? Pretty please. Sugar on top?

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
O.K. the Hijack continues...

The WBCCI Rally in question is March 2 through 4 in Chino. Bill I hope you are there. Kevbo, GoinCampin (Another SFV member) and Timemachine are all going.

Hijack over.

FCU guys. We can't go that far with the trailer for the weekend but... We can drive down and visit My Aunt and Uncle in Tucson who are unable to RV anymore but were fulltimers. Could we all show up for Sat. night visit? Pretty please. Sugar on top?
Milo,

We were thinking about going, but friends invited us over for dinner on Saturday, so we won't make it. If you go, say Hi and have fun.

The next weekend, we are headed to Pechanga for an ECR rally. Too many things to do and not enough time.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 02-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping

Sure why... not love to meet... just drop in.. It’s cool by me.. We are working with the park director to open a loop just for this rowdy bunch...This is an open ended rally. Come when you want.....leave when you want....I willl very likely set up camp on Thursday and stay until Sunday or Monday haven't decided yet. Camp for one night or stay for seven its up to you....attention travelers....please, put your name on the calendar.We do not have a fixed amount of reserved spots it is first come first serve at this campground....However, this place is HUGE and the snow birds start flying a few weeks prior to this date so the Tucson Regional Park starts closing Gilbert Ray loops as the s-birds leave. If we get enough RSVPS we'll likely get our own Airstream Loop opened...

We'll put a bouncer at the entrance of the loop... a real big guy, with a 4D mag lite...you know keep out all of the non-silver folks....
This is a very cool desert camping experience on the edge of a metro area..
hope to see yeah.
Brent
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

Old 02-03-2007, 10:25 PM   #13
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Jan & I will be bringing the 4CU M-Ball, loaded!

Richard

Old 02-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
I"ve got outdoor speaker and plenty of jimmy buffett

Old 02-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Regardless, I will contact the president of South Coast and make sure that he is adequately warned about you and assigns you a space near the baby calf pens.
I dunno if I'd do that - have you seen his rap sheet? Why do you think he's always talkin' about cows on a roof??
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:32 PM   #16
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
We will also bring the fire dancer!

Richard

Old 02-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
but maybe not, were the land of fruits AND nuts. so i got that workin for me...
Kevbo,
Hey great quote, I was thinking of that same one today in relation to another thread, but wasn't sure I could pull it off. You obviously can. And did.

BTW, just funnin you in the above post!!
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Things to do in Tucson

So you’re thinking of making the trek to Tucson for the FCU rally……….

Why not stay a couple of extra days and see some sights....

Ideas below:

Old Tucson Studios….. Hollywood comes to Tucson…many western movies have been filmed here…fun place to tour

index

Saguaro National Park….

Saguaro National Park - Saguaro National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Arizona- Sonora Desert Museum

Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is a world-renowned zoo, natural history museum and botanical garden, all in one place!
This is one of our favorite places in Tucson..It is a perfect snap-shot of desert wild life. Fun for the family and outdoor enthusiast.

All of these destinations are conveniently located within 5 miles of Gilbert Ray Campground.

More ideas later….

Old 02-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Hi
We are new owners and this will be our first trip. Will look forward to meeting everyone..
Mike and Sheri
2006 20' Safari
2004 ford F150
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:35 PM   #20
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Now that the Dead Horse Rally is over, Jan and I are looking forward to the Tucson Rally next. It will be great to see some of our new friends again and meet a few for the first time. We will bring the M-Ball, did someone say Happy Hour?

Richard