Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #181
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
From the look of the pictures everyone was having a fun and informative time.

I suspect that there are still some there hard at work/uh, play. A tremendous idea for a rally and one that I suspect will grow rapidly if it becomes an annual, or perhaps more frequent, occurrence.

I know I for one would love to attend one at some point although I'd have to hide my trailer way in back of the lot so no one would see my handiwork.

Great fun, thanks for sharing the photos

Barry
Old 04-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #182
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
Four Corners Rally

This was my first rally and I enjoyed it immensely! Everyone was so friendly and willing to share their experiences and knowledge. Though I have to admit if I hear "rivets" one more time---Kip will be sleeping in the Globetrotter with his rivets! I hope to see many of our new friends at many sites "along the long and winding road"!

Susanne
Old 04-29-2008, 09:54 AM   #183
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Lamy , New Mexico
We need to give Ken J., all of the presenters, helpers, and the organizing committee a big THANKS for a job well done on the rally! Another 4CU rally that will probably become an annual event.

Now where do I find a unit for restoration and talk the wife into getting it???

Howard

TAC NM-1
Four Corners Unit Treasurer
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Old 04-29-2008, 10:04 AM   #184
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
Vintage Restoration Rally photos

Posting a photo or two on Airforums is quick and easy but after awile they get buried by new posts.
I have created a shared album at Sharpcast.com and linked it to the fourcorners.wbcci.net web page.
Please add your Restoration Rally photos here to have them all in one place.

Sharpcast - Image View
AIR #10274
Old 04-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #185
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
The group shot above, with matching uniforms, looks like an Airstream chain gang.

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Luke? Got any axle question for him.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #186
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Just got back myself

This rally FAR FAR exceeded my expectations - thank you all who participated - you made it a very special experience for all. And a big thank you goes to Jackie Lange who but together an incredible workbook with great restoration tips and instruction. Also thank-you to the great food committee that kept us all fed and watered. And last but not least THANK YOU to our sponsors - Vintage Trailer Supply, Dexter, Camping World, Lew Farber (AKA our very own Lewster) and our old friend on the forums, Ken Levan.

When we first came up with the idea for this rally, we thought it would be good and I remember when we first talked to the campground about bringing all our tools and told them we were going to make noise, I really was not sure how this would turn out - I'm here to tell you it was unreal - the amount of time that presenters put into their presentations and the hands on experience that everyone got was just incredible - as rallies go it will be very difficult to top this one - the presenters, attendees, sponsors and the stars really aligned, but I promise that now that we have one under our belt, next years will be even better - YES! this is now an annual 4cu event - so mark your calanders for the last weekend in April for an even better event!

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Old 04-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #187
4 Rivet Member

1971 25' Tradewind
Surprise , Arizona
I too had a great time at the rally. For my first rally I truly learned alot, probably the most important thing I learned is that the project is not really as daunting as it may first appear. Thanks to Ken and all the presenters and a special thanks to Mrs. Lumatic for keeping an eye on my "child prodigies" while I attended the classes. It was really great to feel at ease.

When I got home I found out that although I didn't leave my heart in Albuquerqe, I did leave part of my A/S there. Seems that I used to have a cover over my front vent that would allow for it to be open while driving. Mine I believe is somewhere on I40 in N.M. Oh well, I was gonna take it off anyway. Again, thanks for a great weekend and see you at the next rally.

"Travelstar Galactica"

WBCCI #13317
AIR #25664
Member of the Four Corners Unit

The only true failure is the failure to try.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #188
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
Just got back myself

This rally FAR FAR exceeded my expectations - thank you all who participated - you made it a very special experience for all. And a big thank you goes to Jackie Lange who but together an incredible workbook with great restoration tips and instruction. Also thank-you to the great food committee that kept us all fed and watered. And last but not least THANK YOU to our sponsors - Vintage Trailer Supply, Dexter, Camping World, Lew Farber (AKA our very own Lewster) and our old friend on the forums, Ken Levan.

When we first came up with the idea for this rally, we thought it would be good and I remember when we first talked to the campground about bringing all our tools and told them we were going to make noise, I really was not sure how this would turn out - I'm here to tell you it was unreal - the amount of time that presenters put into their presentations and the hands on experience that everyone got was just incredible - as rallies go it will be very difficult to top this one - the presenters, attendees, sponsors and the stars really aligned, but I promise that now that we have one under our belt, next years will be even better - YES! this is now an annual 4cu event - so mark your calanders for the last weekend in April for an even better event!

Ken J.
I'd really love to attend next year's event, and am hoping I'll have an Airstream to bring to it by then.

Ken J's and Uwe's threads were the first two restoration threads I read on this forum when I joined a few months ago, and I think it's great that the attendees of this rally were able to see both of these rigs in person-- I'm quite envious really. In fact, I think it's probably these two posters and their restorations that have me so fixated on the Overlander as my favorite model of choice.

Anyway, it sounds like a fantastic event, and I'm hoping to make it next year, vintage rig in tow.

-Marcus
Old 04-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #189
4 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Mancos , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to AirstreamGypsy
One Great Rally!

Truly a superb rally. Thanks to all of the team that put this together. All of the presenters were great and so incredibly helpful all the time.

I was fortunate enough to get a new intellipower installed by Zep. Thanks.

(Should I tell him first about the little bitty difficulty I am having with it?)

A few non demo/presenting moments here...

Pot luck dinner and margi night at my place....

It was wonderful meeting all of you!
Suzanne with a Z
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zep-with-dome.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	59396   Click image for larger version

Name:	pot-luck1.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	59397  

Name:	pot-luck2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	59398   Click image for larger version

Name:	margi-hour2.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	59399  

My Earthship
Old 04-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #190
4 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Mancos , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to AirstreamGypsy
Forgot One

More Margi Time
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	margi-hour1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	59403  
My Earthship
Old 04-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #191
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamGypsy
More Margi Time
Great picture, Sergio and Mary, I am in the background. The Marg nite was a blast and we loved your AS. Sergio and I have offically adopted Mary and we look forward to the next rally. We learned a ton and will definitely be joining the FCU. What a great group of people!

Ken, kudos to you and the food commitee for organizing and pulling off such a great event.

Hope to see everyone soon.

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
Old 04-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #192
3 Rivet Member

1958 26' Overlander
Lander , Wyoming
super info / super people

Arrived home last night from the rally. What a wonderful and knowledgeable group of people! I have been truly amazed at how individuals on this forum are willing to help others. This rally reiterated to me just how great the airstream community really is. Big thanks to Ken J and all the other organizers and the presenters. You really put a lot of work into making this an exceptional rally. The participants at this rally really had a broad dept of information and were willing to pass it on to those less enlightened (like me). Though I'm not a member of the four corners unit, if this is an annual event I would love to come again. Hopefully with my airstream in tow next time!! Ed
Old 04-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #193
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
We would like to also extend a special thanks to the presenters for this event. We were completely blown away by the passion and the amount of preparation that you all put into making your presentations and demonstrations. We found them to be very informative and unbelievably thorough. A special thanks to Matt for helping us fix the ever alusive galley fan in our AS. It now works and we appreciate you taking the time to give us a hand.

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
Old 04-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #194
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
I too would like to thank everyone who made me feel like one of the family. This was my first trip with my Gt and first rally. My wife Susanne (with a S) also had a wonderful time. It gives me new energy to install an interior and not have to stay in the Aluminum Tent.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:28 PM   #195
2 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
1959 17' Pacer
Corrales , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by azfiredog300
I too had a great time at the rally. For my first rally I truly learned alot, probably the most important thing I learned is that the project is not really as daunting as it may first appear. Thanks to Ken and all the presenters and a special thanks to Mrs. Lumatic for keeping an eye on my "child prodigies" while I attended the classes. It was really great to feel at ease.

When I got home I found out that although I didn't leave my heart in Albuquerqe, I did leave part of my A/S there. Seems that I used to have a cover over my front vent that would allow for it to be open while driving. Mine I believe is somewhere on I40 in N.M. Oh well, I was gonna take it off anyway. Again, thanks for a great weekend and see you at the next rally.
Yes, many many thanks to Flordemayo for being a weekend Grandma to my kiddos, too!

It was great meeting you and your boys, Jerry -- Zoe sends hugs and kisses to them both and wants to know how soon she can see them again.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #196
2 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
1959 17' Pacer
Corrales , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowood
I too would like to thank everyone who made me feel like one of the family. This was my first trip with my Gt and first rally. My wife Susanne (with a S) also had a wonderful time. It gives me new energy to install an interior and not have to stay in the Aluminum Tent.
Thanks so much for all your help and advice. And I can't wait to see the interior of the GT when you're finished, with all that gorgeous veneer and silver rivets!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:43 PM   #197
2 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
1959 17' Pacer
Corrales , New Mexico
BTW, I have PDF copies of handouts on the following topics: axles, brakes, alloys/rivets, polishing, tanks, window repair, electrical systems, & univolt replacement. If anyone who was unable to attend the rally would like copies of any of these, just PM me your email address and which ones you want and I will be happy to email them to you.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:06 PM   #198
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , California
Here is a video clip of the master polisher, Levon, demonstrating his polishing techniques. Enjoy!

Accredited Appraisal Firm www.PolkAssociates-llc.com
Old 04-30-2008, 07:45 AM   #199
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Its a real thrill for me to see these trailers come alive from the dead - so I'm looking forward to seeing n2batr's and aerowood's trailers completed. Ed the pressure is on - this year we featured the only 1 of two prototype fiberglass trailers from Airstream - next year we will plan to feature that trailer restored AND a rare double door Overlander!!

Utee94 - you would have enjoyed the side by side presentation that Uwe and I did of our trailer rebuilds.

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Old 04-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #200
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Photos

We enjoyed the Enchanted Trails RV Park. This shot is looking from inside toward the entrance.

Name:	00 enchanted trails.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	59463

Ellyn manned the "registration booth" (as if the 4CU could ever get that formal).

Name:	01 Ellyn at registration.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	59464

We were welcomed by the "hosts," Ken and Uwe

Name:	02 Ken Johansen.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	59465Click image for larger version

Name:	03 Uwe.jpg