Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #41
Airstream Australia
Commercial Member

2013 27' FB International
Batemans Bay , NSW
Send a message via Skype™ to AS Australia
WBCCI in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbrand View Post
Hello,
I am very interested in joining the Australian arm of WBCCI, how do I go about doing that? I am just now shipping my '74 Argosy(which as far as I can tell is the only one in Australia!) I will definitely be joining the tour in 2015.
Hi - the WBCCI unit for Australia is now up and running! Our first rally was in October in Tathra on the south coast of NSW.

Please go to WBCCI.org and join the international club, select the Downunder unit (the name will be changing to Airstream Australia soon) We will collect the dues for Australia once we have your membership from the parent organization.

I know of lots of vintage Airstreams but have not run across an Argosy!

We look forward to having you join the club!
regards
Ruby
AS Australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #42
Airstream Australia
Commercial Member

Batemans Bay , NSW
and - my apologies fr the late reply - i missed this post until now - sorry!
ruby
Old 12-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #43
Airstream Australia
Commercial Member

Batemans Bay , NSW
tow vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
So at 7'8" wide the Safari will work! Great! The only difficulty would be the door of the Safari on the wrong side, I guess.

We do have an '82 Toyota Land Cruiser Diesel (Troop Carrier) brought to the US from OZ so it is correct to drive on the left side of the road. The only problem is its top speed is 55 mph, so it's pretty slow for Interstate use, but we only use it backcountry so doesn't matter. Would the slow speed be a problem for this caravan if we shipped it over too?

Vivian
Vivian - somehow i have missed your note until now. Sorry for the delay in replying.

As you must be already aware (having an Australia vehicle) the roads in Australia are generally 2 lane highways unless you are in the vicinity of Sydney and Brisbane. More highways are being made but for the most part, the speeds limits are 100 or 110km /hr or 62 to 68 mph. 55mph is 90km/hr and is not considering a slow speed for vehicles towing.

When considering shipping, Quarantine is the biggest concern (and having the approvals before you put anything on the ship). I have heard horror stories of vehicles being held up for weeks because 3 leaves were found underneath. I have not researched bringing in the tow vehicle so will add that to my list of details to work on.

What weight is your Airstream? We are anticipating a bulk arrangement for towing so it may be easier to do that than bring in your Troop Carrier.

More as I get details.
Ruby
Old 12-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #44
Airstream Australia
Commercial Member

Batemans Bay , NSW
Door on the roadside

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS Australia View Post
Vivian - somehow i have missed your note until now. Sorry for the delay in replying.

As you must be already aware (having an Australia vehicle) the roads in Australia are generally 2 lane highways unless you are in the vicinity of Sydney and Brisbane. More highways are being made but for the most part, the speeds limits are 100 or 110km /hr or 62 to 68 mph. 55mph is 90km/hr and is not considering a slow speed for vehicles towing.

When considering shipping, Quarantine is the biggest concern (and having the approvals before you put anything on the ship). I have heard horror stories of vehicles being held up for weeks because 3 leaves were found underneath. I have not researched bringing in the tow vehicle so will add that to my list of details to work on.

What weight is your Airstream? We are anticipating a bulk arrangement for towing so it may be easier to do that than bring in your Troop Carrier.

More as I get details.
Ruby
and with regards to the door on the roadside not kerbside - that will be covered with the Carnet and / or the special approvals we are working on.
ruby
Old 12-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
how about an Airstream swap! ?? like a house swap......
DFDureiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by AS Australia View Post

More as I get details.
Ruby
I have missed your updates, as well. Unloaded weight of the Safari is 3850lbs. Please see specs in earlier post.

Is the caravan still viable? No recent posts....

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:45 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
I would like to know of any updates also
Thanks
Doug
Old 08-13-2014, 03:46 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Doug,

No response is not a good sign. Have you heard anything else? Or know who else to query?

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Hi Vivian:
No I have heard nothing. I guess one could try to PM Ruby "the person who started this thread" and ask her directly what is happening.

If you hear anything please keep me in the loop if you can as I would be interested

Thanks

Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
Doug,

No response is not a good sign. Have you heard anything else? Or know who else to query?

Vivian