Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #81
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
THE RANCH , Texas
Howdy from THE WINDY DRY RANCH! Thanks for not giving up on getting those extra spaces.....'cause I am in one of them......I am one THRILLED CAMPER! See you all in NEW MEXICO.....blessings......Callie

COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY........JOHN WAYNE
Old 09-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #82
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Thanks!

Again I appologize it has taken so long - we have been working on this since early April....

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Old 09-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
After much work - the balloon fiesta folks have finally given us some addtional spaces - ...
Is the parking parade going to go on all darn day? Speaking for the parking area wranglers here, the last 10 attendees should be ready to "please" the wranglers. Sheeshhhhhhhh....

Pleasing the wranglers probably should include tequilla or gin...
Old 09-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Nope - you should be done by noon - we will have about 115 trailers to park - but I know you are up for the task....

Ken
Rally
restoration rally
Old 09-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #85
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , California
Ken...THANK YOU for not giving up on pursuing the additional spots with all the change in management at the Fiesta Field this past year. You have worked so hard behind the scenes to make this happen. Jim and I would like to say thanks for your hard work! To those on the wait list, your patience is very much appreciated! We are looking forward to another outstanding International Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque.
Accredited Appraisal Firm www.PolkAssociates-llc.com
Old 09-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #86
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
THANK YOU - Jim and Lynda and of course Suzanne! I may be the one of the phone to the fiesta folks, but these three and the one's who are really really behind the scenes and put this all together...

The size of this rally is directly related to Lynda's marketing efforts - she and Jim have traveled the USA this year promoting and talking this event up.

So next year I've asked for 200 spaces and in the next few years would like to fill up the whole VIP area - that would be about 300 Airstreams! I am confident with all the talk I've heard over this event, emails received that we will easily get the 200.

To repeat what this is all about - this is the only event in the US that has about 750+ balloons all taking off about the same time - it is the only large event like this that you can actually stand right next to these balloons as they take off - walking through the field you are in a sea of color - truely an amazing experience. At night as it gets dark, the ballloons are again inflated and lit up in the night - spectacular - followed by some of the best fireworks you will ever see

To give you an idea how big this event is - there are about 900,000 people who attend this event - no thats not a misprint - from all over the world - in our group we have folks who come from all over the USA and Canada. Yet with our Airstream group and where we are parked, we never feel crowded.

So thats not enough... ok .... we park our trailers within yards of the balloons and within feet of the field - so if desired, you don't even have to get out of bed - many of us are in the camp wearing our PJ's with a hot cup of coffee watching the balloons go up - all the while watching the miles of cars trying to get into the event - we are so lucky to have our Airstreams!

So why do we do this? The team does this year after year to watch the faces of both young and old - the faces that of a child -the smiles and amazement - it truly brings us all back to when we were 8 years old -

Its that special.

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 09-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #87
1 Rivet Member

2008 16' Safari
PRESCOTT , Arizona
Ken,
I am sending my second check tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion. We are definitely coming, put new tires on the Bambi today. Will put new tires on the truck next week when they go on sale. WE are really excited. Thanks for all the hard work Ken. Marc & Carol Hammond
Old 09-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #88
1 Rivet Member

2008 16' Safari
PRESCOTT , Arizona
Pat and Babs
This is Marc and Carol Hammond. We just heard we got in to the Fiesgta and I saw in earlier posts that you were going to be at Enchanted Trails on Wednesday. So we thought we'd see if there were any more spaces and, if so, we'd go too and see you there. I was at Lake pleasant and Carol and I met you at Prescott in late Spring. Hope we can see you at Enchanted TRails. Marc & Carol
Old 09-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #89
silver.villa

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Wink We're thrilled

We live in Albuquerque and used to attend the Balloon Fiesta in our 1981 Midas Class C Motorhome and they always had us park last row next to the fence. Just think...this year we get to park with the fancy trailers just cuz we upgraded to an Airstream. We knew one day we'd be special but this is beyond our wildest dreams! Thanks to Ken and his team for making our dreams come true.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #90
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
You are sooo welcome - its folks like you that make all the work of putting this together VERY worth while!

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 09-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #91
Usually lost

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Maricopa , Arizona
Silva.villa: Welcome to the Party! You'll have a great time.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #92
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
THE RANCH , Texas
Howdy Silver.Villa...glad to know this will be the first BALLOON FIESTA for some else also....and that they are as excited as I am! Hope I will be able to spot your rig among all the "sea of fancy trailers"!! Just put up the white flag so we can all come by and see that new fancy trailer..... See ya'll soon....blessings....Callie

COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY........JOHN WAYNE
Old 09-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #93

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by callie View Post
Howdy Silver.Villa...glad to know this will be the first BALLOON FIESTA for some else also....and that they are as excited as I am! Hope I will be able to spot your rig among all the "sea of fancy trailers"!! Just put up the white flag so we can all come by and see that new fancy trailer..... See ya'll soon....blessings....Callie
This will be my first Balloon Fiesta as well, and my longest trip to date both in days away from home and in distance traveled.

I'm looking forward to it! Oh, and I don't have to put up a white flag to be found, I'm bringing a white (ish) trailer! Hopefully there'll be other Argosies there, so far I have yet to camp in a group with a single Argosy besides ours.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 09-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #94
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Hopefully those attending are getting our updates - we'll be sending another this weekend and then next weekend - we are full - there will be a bunch of us at Balloon Fiesta - if anyone is in the area, come and visit us!

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 09-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #95
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
If you are looking for me, I'll be in the one that isn't white (nor is the truck). It should be easy to find.

We'll be at Enchanted Trails Wed. and Thurs. night. Wed. is the first presidential debate (at 7 pm maybe) and we'll be glued to the TV for that.

Thursday is the most important date of the entire event, it is my birthday, the actual reason for the Fiesta. Last year I asked for Porsche 911 Carrera S in red, but I didn't get it and was very disappointed. Porsche 911's can only be owned by old men, so I qualify, and I need substantial donations from everyone (since I'm not running for office, donations can be any amount—think of me as a superpac). This is not delusional narcissism—it is the American way!

Gene
Old 09-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #96
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2005 19' Safari
2005 19' Safari
new iberia , Louisiana
Balloon Fiesta

This will be our first also so needless to say how excited we are about the trip.We will be traveling from south Louisiana with another couple from here.I was asked with that many airstreams in one place will their be any vendors their? {representing airstream } Hope to see a lot of you in Enchanted trails on the 3rd. & 4th. Safe traveling.
Stream Lady
Old 09-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #97
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
We were greatly looking forward to attending our fiesta balloon fiesta this year with the Airstream 4 Corners group. Unfortunately a bad case of shingles has developed so I cannot make the drive. We hope 2013 will be better from a health perspective. If you want to go and don't have reservations contact me by PM, or Ken J. at the 4 Corners Unit, to see about transferring our reservations.
WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #98
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
We are so sorry you can't make it - we sure hope you can make it next year - this is a not to miss event!

We have been able to fill the spot.

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #99
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Ladera Ranch , California
We look forward to meeting everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
...there will be a bunch of us at Balloon Fiesta - if anyone is in the area, come and visit us!

Ken J.
Hi Ken,

My husband and I are excited to meet everyone! We don't yet own an Airstream but thought we would attend a big rally to see what Airstream rally's are all about.

We've spent some time on Airforums reading all about people's experiences with their Airstreams and we can't wait to meet some of the friendly folks who own these lovely shiny trailers.

We'll be staying at a local hotel in town and will bring our own chairs, food and beverages to the rally.

We look forward to meeting everyone

Kindly,
Steve and Wendy
Old 09-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #100
2 Rivet Member

1960 22' Safari
Colo Spgs , & Tucson
My family and I lived in ABQ for 5 years and have attended at least 7 Balloon Fiestas over the years. It is an absolutely stellar event--advertised as "the most photographed event in the world". My first fiesta was in the days before digital cameras were widely available, and I burned through FIVE rolls of film on my old Canon AE-1 in just the first weekend!

Be prepared to wake up EARLY and enjoy a green chile breakfast burrito or churro (or both) with your coffee right on the field. The atmosphere of walking around watching all the crews set up their balloons while munching on these New Mexican delicacies cannot be beat!

We'll be picking up our 1960 Safari 22' in CO and traveling back to AZ on 6-7th so will be passing right by Fiesta Park. We plan to overnight in ABQ on the 6th, but do not have reservations. Like the hotels, every site is fully booked at this late date. We currently plan to park the AS at the airbase overnight. If anyone is a no show for the fiesta rally or if you can squeeze in an extra trailer for just one night, please contact me. It would be awesome to share our first overnight experience with our new (to us) trailer with a bunch of fellow forum members at such a special location.

Kind Regards
M & T
Closed Thread