Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 02:47 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi123 View Post
I have been trying this request, let me ask once again, are all 150 places taken for this event?
I don't know if you have been able to contact Ken J yet ... if not, keep trying... he is the one who can let you know for sure. If you can't reach him through the Forums, try emailing him at fourcornersunit@hotmail.com ...

Good luck!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 06-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
I'm here - kinda - we had the annual Airstream Restoration Rally going on this past weekend which takes up a lot of my time - I'll get to all my e-mails and PM's as soon as I can....

I'm not sure where we are for spots - the balloon folks are giving us more than the 105 they orginally gave us, but not sure exactly how many - if its as I understand I may still have a few spots after I fill the waiting list first. It appears we wil have 125 spots - maybe more.

So as we have been saying - if you want to attend, send your deposit and coupon and we won't cash the check unless you have a spot and we will notify you as such.
Also we always have cancellations.

So stay tuned - with the restoration rally behind us, we can focus on Balloon Fiesta!

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Old 06-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #63
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
OK folks - this is where we are.... I talked to the balloon folks this morning and they are telling me to hold off on any addtional spaces - they are having a meeting on 7/1 and will decide at that time if we can have more spaces - so as of right now we are full - if you want to try to get a space, I suggest you send your deposit, we will hold it and if we get more spaces will release as of postmark date

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 06-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Another update - I just talked to the balloon folks, and we are going to arrange a meeting for more spaces - those of us on the organizing committee as well as the parking folks know of more spaces where we could put folks - I my view this is win win - it provides more revenue for the fiesta folks and gets us spaces. So somewhere around 7/1 I plan to meet with them - keep your fingers crossed I can get more spaces - if not we will be limited to cancellations only - we currently have about 20 on the waiting list.

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 08-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #65
Lyle & Margie

2008 28' International CCD
Lakeside , California
Whats the latest news?

Lyle & Margie
Old 08-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #66
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
The latest news is the weather is looking great for launch, and the balloons are on schedule. By now everyone should have sent or is sending there final payment for the fiesta - I have a stack of checks I need to go through and will confirm with everyone when I go through them - remember the August 31st deadline. At this point we have not been able to secure any addtional spots - not for lack of trying.

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 08-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from GA/AZ. . . OK, I have to admit I'm getting a little nervous. Sent check a month ago and it hasn't cleared the bank, so I'm (still) taking it on faith that we'll get acceptance/particulars soon. It's kind of a big deal trip for us, including bringing the AS to it's new home in AZ after, so forgive the nerves please . Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone in ABQ, regards, Craig
Old 08-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #68

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinManGa View Post
Hi from GA/AZ. . . OK, I have to admit I'm getting a little nervous. Sent check a month ago and it hasn't cleared the bank, so I'm (still) taking it on faith that we'll get acceptance/particulars soon. It's kind of a big deal trip for us, including bringing the AS to it's new home in AZ after, so forgive the nerves please . Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone in ABQ, regards, Craig
I think they're waiting for the 31 August deadline and processing it all in bulk. As long as it's your 2nd check and not the 1st it should be fine, Ken J said he has a big stack to process. My 2nd check hasn't been cashed yet either.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 08-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #69
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Yea mine hasn't been cashed either - That is my plan this weekend to get all the checks ready for deposit and I'll update everyone.... yes I'm a little behind on this, had had too great of a summer - but as I said I'll catch up on this over the weekend.

I'm still waiting - very patiently - to hear if we can get more spots - I'll know for sure next week as I know everyone needs to make their plans - this year is unusual as we have only one cancelation so far - we normally get several

We have about 30 or so folks on the waiting list - so next year if you want to attend, you really need to let us know asap - I'm going to once again try to get more spaces

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 08-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #70
Lyle & Margie

2008 28' International CCD
Lakeside , California
Ken:

Margie had back surgery in Jun. It appears that she has not recovered well enough to make the drive. So we, unfortunately, will need to cancel our fourth trip to the 4CU Fiesta. Don't have to much fun without us.

Lyle & Margie
Old 08-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #71
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
I'm so sorry to hear that - you will be missed - we'll have to sign you up for the first spot next year

Ken
Rally
restoration rally
Old 09-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #72
Usually lost

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Maricopa , Arizona
Margie, I hope your recovery gets going a little quicker. We'll miss you this year, but will toast you.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #73
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Pat & Babs;

You never responded to my PM. Are you going to spend a night or two at Enchanted Trails RV park prior to the balloon fiesta?
Old 09-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #74
Usually lost

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Maricopa , Arizona
Sorry Charlie-I didn't see the PM. Yes we are getting to Enchanted Trails on Wed.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #75
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Anyone planning a get together at Enchanted Trails on Wed. or Thurs. evening?

I can't remember if there is a space at the campground where that would work—other than at someone's trailer space.

Gene
Old 09-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #76

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post

I can't remember if there is a space at the campground where that would work—other than at someone's trailer space.

Gene
Sounds nice, but I'll be doing well to be in Clovis by 0700 Friday. (We're to be gathered somewhere in ABQ by noon Friday for a short caravan in, no? Through Clovis by 0700 would put me on pace to be in ABQ by 11.)

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 09-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #77
jm2
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
1977 20' Argosy 20
northern valley , new jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post

Gene

Gene, there's a nine (9) unit caravan from the Central Coast California Unit coming to Enchanted Trails on Thursday. I suspect that we could incite some participation from them!

There's a kitchen & social room at Enchanted Trails the probably seats about 30 or 35 ?? I suspect that if the room is not spoken for already on that date, we might be able to use it. The owner of ET is a great lady named Vickie Ashcraft, a 'streamer herself...

Weather permitting, there's a small covered patio with two (??) gas barbeque grills and some picnic tables there also.

Best,

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci.

WBCCI 2087 - AIR 3144 - TAC-NJ2

https://defendwally.org/
Old 09-03-2012, 04:46 AM   #78
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi again from GA/AZ. . . We'll be coming from the East & stopping at Tucumcari KOA on Thurs evening. Are we meeting & caravanning in on Friday from some ABQ location, or just going on the the Balloon Park individually ? Obviously, we haven't been before & don't know the drill. Any info/suggestions would be appreciated. Trying to get a plan together here. Thanks, Craig.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #79
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahalan1526 View Post
Sorry Charlie-I didn't see the PM. Yes we are getting to Enchanted Trails on Wed.
Great! We will be there on Wednesday and Thursday.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #80
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
After much work - the balloon fiesta folks have finally given us some addtional spaces - we have a pretty long waiting list and we have sent e-mails to all that we can take - we have asked for even more spaces - so stay tuned and if we can invite even more folks, we will post it here...

We did send out an update to all who are in the rally - if we have confirmed you and you did not get an update, let us know

We are trying to get 200 spaces for next year!!

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Closed Thread