Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #81
Rivet Master
 
Roadtoaster's Avatar
 
2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRivet View Post
Take notes for us. Tim and I plan on attending next year in 2014!!!
Just change your plans and come on this year. What if they cancel next year, you will be so sorry.
__________________

__________________
Greg
Roadtoaster is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #82
Glamper Girl
 
silverwheels's Avatar
 
2008 23' International
Sunny San Diego , California
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 147
Does anyone know if there is ATT cell service while onsite?
__________________

silverwheels is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #83
Rivet Master
 
Ken J's Avatar
 
1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 1975 25' Tradewind
Posts: 3,423
Images: 14
Cell service is not a problem
__________________
1956 Flying Cloud
Founder :
Four Corners Unit
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline  
Old 08-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #84
1 Rivet Member
 
Grampz's Avatar
 
1977 31' Sovereign
Black Forest , Colorado
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9
Going to the Balloon Fiesta!!!

Just made the 2nd half payment. This is a bucket list event for the Airstream community. The wife and I had a looong summer due to wildfire destroying our house. Our '77 Sovereign is ready to hit the road, and so are we!

See you in Albuquerque!
Grampz is offline  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #85
Rivet Master
 
GeocamperAS's Avatar
 
1974 Argosy 28
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 782
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampz View Post
Just made the 2nd half payment. This is a bucket list event for the Airstream community. The wife and I had a looong summer due to wildfire destroying our house. Our '77 Sovereign is ready to hit the road, and so are we!

See you in Albuquerque!
Sorry about your house.
This is also on my bucket list. We have friends flying in from FL do drive down with us from WI. At the time of this post we will depart WI in 37 days 19 hours 49 minutes and 53 seconds. I'm not the least bit excited.
__________________
Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who YOU are.
GeocamperAS is offline  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #86
Rivet Master
 
2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
Sorry about your house.
This is also on my bucket list. We have friends flying in from FL do drive down with us from WI. At the time of this post we will depart WI in 37 days 19 hours 49 minutes and 53 seconds. I'm not the least bit excited.

It's right around the corner!
__________________
"There’s two kinds of people, them goin’ somewhere and them goin’ nowhere. And’s that what’s true". -Ben Rumson
Bluto is online now  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #87
2 Rivet Member
 
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 31
Images: 15
Super excited! Whoop whoop! Our first big road trip since we got our flying cloud this spring. Can't wait!
deecarr is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #88
Rivet Master
 
GeocamperAS's Avatar
 
1974 Argosy 28
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 782
Images: 37
Pliny the Elder

PLEASE READ if you are from COLORADO or CALIFORNIA and attending the 2013 balloon fiesta.
I am in need of a six pack or two of "Pliny the Elder" by Russian River Brewing.
My son-in-law speaks highly of it. I would like to get him some for his birthday.
However it is not sold in WI. Bottles can only be found in CA or CO.
I tried having some shipped to WI but, with tax laws, they will not ship.

If you could bring it to the fiesta,
We can do this one of two ways
1. I will pay (before or after).
or
2. We could trade for something i can get here but you can't get there. Like maybe "Spotted Cow" by New Glarus Brewing Co.

Please PM me if you can help
ThanksTim
__________________
Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who YOU are.
GeocamperAS is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #89
Rivet Master
 
nilesrob's Avatar
 
Marietta , Georgia
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,113
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
PLEASE READ if you are from COLORADO or CALIFORNIA and attending the 2013 balloon fiesta.
I am in need of a six pack or two of "Pliny the Elder" by Russian River Brewing.
My son-in-law speaks highly of it. I would like to get him some for his birthday.
However it is not sold in WI. Bottles can only be found in CA or CO.
I tried having some shipped to WI but, with tax laws, they will not ship.

If you could bring it to the fiesta,
We can do this one of two ways
1. I will pay (before or after).
or
2. We could trade for something i can get here but you can't get there. Like maybe "Spotted Cow" by New Glarus Brewing Co.

Please PM me if you can help
ThanksTim
I'm in! While we are not from CO/CA, we are passing through CO (and CA) on our way to the balloon festival. Always wanted to try Pliney myself and will pick up extra to trade! Spotted Cow sounds good to me!
__________________
Brad
The Slowsky's
2008 Airstream 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #90
Rivet Master
 
GeocamperAS's Avatar
 
1974 Argosy 28
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 782
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesrob View Post

I'm in! While we are not from CO/CA, we are passing through CO (and CA) on our way to the balloon festival. Always wanted to try Pliney myself and will pick up extra to trade! Spotted Cow sounds good to me!
I love that you in but there is a problem with your plan that you may not be aware of. Once the liqueur stores get "Pliny the Elder" in, it sells out quick. So the odds of stopping and picking some up on your way through is a long shot.
I would go through CO on my way to or from if it was that easy. Since it is a surprise for my son-in-law's birthday I did not want to chance it.
If I don't get any other offers I'll let you know.
Thanks
__________________
Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who YOU are.
GeocamperAS is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #91
Rivet Master
 
GeocamperAS's Avatar
 
1974 Argosy 28
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 782
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesrob View Post

I'm in! While we are not from CO/CA, we are passing through CO (and CA) on our way to the balloon festival. Always wanted to try Pliney myself and will pick up extra to trade! Spotted Cow sounds good to me!
Brad, I was thinking (used to be a lot quicker in my younger days). I would gladly bring some spotted cow in exchange for something from GA that I can't get in WI.
What I don't understand is, unless geography has changed I don't see how CO or CA are on your way to NM.
Let's not hog this tread with beer talk so send me a PM.
Tim
__________________
Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who YOU are.
GeocamperAS is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #92
Master of Universe
 
Gene's Avatar
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
What I don't understand is, unless geography has changed I don't see how CO or CA are on your way to NM.
It has changed—now you can take I 25 from Denver to Albuquerque. To get to Denver, take I 80 through Nebraska and I 76 to Denver. But, California? If you miss the turn to I 76, you will end up in California (watch out for Donner Pass).

Gene
__________________
Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #93
Rivet Master
 
nilesrob's Avatar
 
Marietta , Georgia
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,113
Images: 12
Ok, so math, science, logic, geography, history, philosophy, finance, good sense, good judgement and a few other basic capabilities were not my strong suit, which led me into sales. There is a place for everyone as it turns out.

So with that as backdrop, and specifically not wanting to derail this thread, I will plan on bringing my favorite 6 packs of local ATL breweries, willing to swap for your favorites from locations unknown. Bing, bang , boom.
__________________
Brad
The Slowsky's
2008 Airstream 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #94
Rivet Master
 
GeocamperAS's Avatar
 
1974 Argosy 28
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 782
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesrob View Post
Ok, so math, science, logic, geography, history, philosophy, finance, good sense, good judgement and a few other basic capabilities were not my strong suit, which led me into sales. There is a place for everyone as it turns out.

So with that as backdrop, and specifically not wanting to derail this thread, I will plan on bringing my favorite 6 packs of local ATL breweries, willing to swap for your favorites from locations unknown. Bing, bang , boom.
Got it.
__________________
Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who YOU are.
GeocamperAS is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #95
1 Rivet Member
 
1995 25' Excella
Montrose , Colorado
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 19
Hey Tiger
We live in Montrose, Colorado and I was just at our Liquor store this afternoon and asked about your Pliny. They did not have any and did not expect to have any in the near future. It sells by the bottle and not six pack and is between $12 and $14 a bottle. Maybe someone from the big city of Denver might be able to get some. Good luck on your search.

Bob in cool, sunny western Colorado
Bob 3 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #96
Master of Universe
 
Gene's Avatar
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,757
Bob 3, did I meet you in the parking lot of City Market and the liquor store a couple of years ago? I think you were driving a Miata and were with your wife. Sounds like you are going to the balloons.

We'll have to find each other among 200 Airstreams in Alb. Are you staying at Enchanted Trails before the balloons?

In the past, trying to find someone among 100-105 trailers has been difficult—I can't imagine what it will be like this year.

Gene
__________________
Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #97
Rivet Master
 
rideair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,411
For those wanting a better understanding of the Fiesta Grounds

http://www.balloonfiesta.com/uploads...map%202012.pdf

Enjoy,
__________________
Paul Waddell
rideair is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #98
Cris
 
2013 27' FB International
Las Vegas , Nevada
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 22
Great Map -- Where Will the Airstreams Park

Great map, but for those of us attending for the first time, where will the Airstream group be parked / setup ??

Thanks in advance,

Cris
Cris911 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #99
Site Team
 
azflycaster's Avatar

 
2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,874
Images: 62
Blog Entries: 1
Parking is in the upper LH corner where it says RV Parking. Here is another link which is from another angle and the Airstream parking is in VIP West.
http://www.balloonfiesta.com/uploads...Site%20Map.pdf

This is what it looks like from above...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Balloon Fiesta Rally .jpg
Views:	306
Size:	566.5 KB
ID:	194803  
__________________

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now  
Old 09-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #100
Rivet Master
 
2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,793
Richard,
What year was that taken? Looks like 2011.
__________________

Bluto is online now  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.