Airstream Rally at Balloon Fest 2020 any hope?
We have been wanting to go to Balloon Festival for many years and decided 2020 would be the one.
We would very much like to join in with the Airstream Group ,but I realized that the odds were slim when I started seriously looking in August 2019. Unfortunately the registration process is still in 1990's using snail mail. This is great and a fair way to do it if you are living in the USA when the January surprise date comes.
Fortunately (no cold weather...LOL) we are in Mexico for January/feb and I dont see how I could get a posted snail mail thru? Ive noticed other people commenting on being away on cruises etc as well so they dont have much hope either.
To cover myself and make sure I got to see the show I registered online for the rally dates 1 minute after opening.This was done on the general rally site in mid-October. I know I can cancel with a very small penalty if I can get in with the airstream group. Im confirmed in VIP West which is close to the group anyway , I think...... it was in 2019 anyway?
My Questions ;
If I can arrange for family to mail a cheque from Canada does this work (not my name on Chq??)
Im assuming Canadians send a chq marked US$ as you wouldn't be able to send a draft/money order etc as you may not get in and can't cancel a draft??
I heard the 2019 group area wasn't full (cancellations etc??) could I move over if that is the case? I will already have a site...same dates?
The great thing is we are going ....we probably will not get to stay with the group but it will be amazing anyway.
We are doing Glacier National park...Yellowstone....Grand Teton....The Custer State Park Buffalo roundup then down thru Denver on the way there, so it will be a great trip!
Thanks in advance for any help