Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #101
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
We're home now and have started to settle in. Thanks to all who came out and for all the wonderful conversation and camaraderie. The food wasn't bad either. There certainly was plenty for everyone. The 4CU is a little stronger with a few more members joining us this weekend. We had a great time. Here are a few pictures to get you started. None incriminating just yet, those are to follow.

I also want to thank Dale and Susan for joining us on Sunday for the open house and potluck. He graced us with early caravan stories and explorations. Your knowledge and memory are amazing. Thanks for sharing both.

Julie and I got up early and went into town to have breakfast and then headed out to the south rim of the Grand Canyon. It was overcast most of the time we were there and started to rain just before we planned on leaving. Here's a couple of shots from around the Watchtower.

Brad
FF
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HappyHour.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	66681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dale.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	66682  

Name:	AwningShot.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	66683   Click image for larger version

Name:	CanyonPoint.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	66684  

Name:	RainInCanyon.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	66685  

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #102
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Out in the middle of nowhere , California
Had a wonderful time this weekend, I'm so glad we could make it. Now if we could just win the lottery we could see you all more often. Met new Airstreamers and looks like some of them joined. Glad to hear it, it's a great Unit. It's always nice to meet new Airstreamers that are as crazy as we are. Hope to see everyone sooner than later.

Mrs. Goin Camping
crkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:49 PM   #103
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Thank you Brad and Julie. It was a great rally.

I got to see old friends I don't get to see often enough and meet some new ones I look forward to seeing again.

For me the weather was wild and perfect!

Pee Wee, thanks for bringing the Pith helmet for me to see. I forgive you now for all those really bad (but funny) "pith" jokes.

So when are we gonna do it again?

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #104
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Great rally, thank you Brad and Julie!
It is always great to see your old friends and it's even better when you make some new ones. The weather changed every 30 minutes, but that never slowed us down a bit.

One of the highlights of the weekend for me was the chat we had with PeeWee. The reading of the Wally Byum Creed was a very special thing and in many ways it defined who we are as a unit of the club. Thank you again, Dale for sharing so many things with us. It is greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1767.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	340.4 KB
ID:	66771  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #105
4 Rivet Member

1998 28' Excella
Dolores , Colorado
4CU Labor Day Rally

Brad and Julie:

I know I am just echoing what many of our new friends have said about the rally. At least the weather stayed a little cooler than what it was in Cottonwood. Both Lou and I enjoyed ourselves with the many new friends we now have and especially the discussion we had with Dale on Sunday evening. It is nice to know that the 4CU is on the path that Wally intended for his caravaning club to take. We will see many of you in Albuquerque and later on (hopefully) for the Cottonwood rally over president's day.

Bob and Lou
dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #106
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
To chime in here,

Thanks Brad and Julie for a great weekend, and all of the work you put into making the rally a success! We had a great time. This reconfirms how glad we are that we joined the 4CU which includes a great bunch of folks.

Hope to see you soon!

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #107
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Scottsdale , Arizona
NOTE: In post #98 above....that is Harry & Marge (not Larry)...Sorry about that Harry! Forgive me?

TB & Greg:

No harm done! My ego, though bruised, will emerge unscathed as past names of Henry, Harold, Harvey, and ####head have toughened it. It is, however, a good thing that you got Marge's name right.

See you around the M-ball.
Harry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #108
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Thank you for forgiving us, Harry...it won't happen again, for sure!

Got home last night (Wednesday) after spending a few extra nights after the Labor Day Rally at Pine Grove Camp Ground (nice camp ground) off Lake Mary Road southeast of Flagstaff. And who should show up but Jimmini! What a nice thing...enjoyed seeing Jim again and visiting a couple of times so soon after the Rally...or very first post-rally-running-into with another 4CU member and forum member! The Girls were pleased to see him again, too!

Left there Wed AM and headed home..(Take care of the place, Jimmini...we'll see you down the road again...) As we were making our way through Mesa going south to highway 60 to head to Tucson we had a tire valve fail and had a complete flat within minutes...the Pressure Pros saved us and we got off the road in town safely, jacked the Bambi up and got the spare on and headed home...the moral of the story is to switch out those rubber valve stems for metal ones... We are having this done on Monday...don't want that to happen again!

We want only Happy Trails for you all!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote