Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2022, 02:59 PM   #21
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by banderabob View Post
Fryeburg was a fairly rural location and I heard nothing but praise for the abundance of activities available, great scenery, all supported by the largest attendance in 20+ years. From my perspective, attending Fryeburg (we did) and signing up for Rock Springs (we did) provides an opportunity to see and do much more than just the rally location. About 7 weeks for us to and from our home near San Antonio, Niagara Falls, a bourban tour, Assateague National Seashore, and more. Rock Springs will evolve into the Pacific NW, wine country, a few more National Parks, and places I haven’t even thought about yet. The journey is so much more than the destination.
Well said!

And I might add Fryeburg was a great time, as are all the International Rallies we've attended!
Hans627 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 09:52 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1988 29' Excella
Lorena , Texas
First International

We’ve never been to an International but this is likely to be our first. I drove through Rock Springs a couple of years ago on my way to fish the Henry’s Fork. There’s not just a whole lot there, but it is on the way to some amazing places. Count me in.
lemley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:04 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2016 28' International
Trois-Rivieres , Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Don't forget to sign up for VAC parking and attend the VAC event bdrore and parade in with the VAC trailers. We will be there.
Bill Kerfoot
Was in Fryeburg and we were told that there will be changes in Rock Springs next June.

For one, the official opening/flag ceremony where all the leaders of WBCCI, Regions and Units are represented with their flags will be replaced with a parade downtown Rock Springs, combining a procession of flag bearing golf carts with their representatives followed by the vintage trailer procession and possibly some new trailers to close it off so that folks who don't know much about Airstreams (we are regularly asked "do they still make those?") will be able to visually compare the vintage beauties with the new models. This will bring the event into town and get the rally attendees and the town residents to mingle.

The Fryeburg rally was a great success, with a (recent) record of attendees (around 940 trailers and 1800 members). Beyond all the activities in the program, it was a good base to explore that Maine/New Hampshire region.

This was my first international rally and I must congratulate the organizers, the logistics were top notch. There probably were issues but nothing that couldn't be settled before it grew out of hand. I did notice the positive attitude and good humour of the large number of volunteers making sure all ran according to plan. You can tell that folks were having fun, and the bands that played were very good and there was all kinds of dancing going on.

It is remarkable that a group of folks that have nothing in common except that they own the same brand of travel trailer (and all that it represents), will connect so quickly.

As for the 2024 edition, as mentioned, rumour is that it will be in region 8.
DIY Solar: 500W Renogy panels, AM Solar hdw, Blue Sky MPPT controller, 470ah Rolls battery bank, 2000W Renogy inverter.
Hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:35 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
Wkerfoot
We did check off the VAC box in the parking section of the registration sheet. Thx for the reminder. We're so looking forward to all the vintage trailers.
We checked the same on our registration for Fryeburg, but they still managed to mess up and refused to park us card-carrying VAC members with our ilk. They were quite rude about it, too. Certainly started our first International off on the wrong foot.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Airstream Forums mobile app
Mount'n Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:50 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Sorry to hear that Mountinman. We'll check if there's more to getting that spot. Thx

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 04:44 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
bow , New Hampshire
routes

What's the best route to take to Rock Sprigs from New Hampshire. I drove out to Pittsburgh a few years ago, and there was a section of route 80 through eastern Penn, that had an unbelievable number of semi trucks on it. It seemed like a good stretch to avoid with a travel trailer.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:09 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Henderson , Kentucky
Question for some, what is needed for participants with 30amp service, and effects of hooking into 50 amp service provided. Best way and safety issues?
Old 08-03-2022, 09:21 AM   #28
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Just get one of these. You can NOT directly connect a 30 amp system to 50 amps.

https://smile.amazon.com/Adapter-Hea...%2C1139&sr=8-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky76Argosy View Post
Question for some, what is needed for participants with 30amp service, and effects of hooking into 50 amp service provided. Best way and safety issues?
Old 08-03-2022, 10:01 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari
Old Orchard Beach , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky76Argosy View Post
Buy a “dogbone” adapter to step 50A down to 30A. You’ll need one from time to time. This is an important thing to have in your miscellaneous tools collection.
2019-2022 President, Northeast Mountaineers Airstream Club
MaineStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:08 AM   #30
Retired Navy Veteran

1964 26' Overlander
Warner Robins , Georgia
Las Vegas in the summertime should be a HOT time! Doswell was at 100 degrees, Fryeburg was HOT, Las Vegas could set the record for heat unless they move it to the spring or fall?
superChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:37 AM   #31

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Harrison , Ohio
Parking at Fryeburg & thins to do WY!

I am surprised to hear that one of the “Chekc-In Team” was rude to someone about parking in the VAC area or any area for that matter. We and the RAT team went out of our way to accommodate requests. I am sorry anyone received rude treatment & apologize for our whole team. I’m sure it wasn’t intentional.

If you are registering for Rock Springs please make your parking requests are known & we will try to accommodate. As for things to do out in Rock Springs the day excursions include: Pilot Butte Wild Horse Scenic Loop, Killpecker Sand Dunes & Boars Tusk, Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge, Ft Bridger State Historic Site, Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area, South PassCity/Louis Lake Loop/Sinks Canyon, Pinedale & Wind River Mountains and Jackson Hole & Tetons.
Hope to see you there.
DLExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:38 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
I don't think we would be up for a Las Vegas in the summer rally. There's heat and then there's Vegas heat. Plus then everybody would be out doing Vegas stuff versus rally stuff.

Hittenstiehl
Old 08-03-2022, 11:25 AM   #33
SophieHaus

2018 25' Flying Cloud
2007 25' International CCD FB
2006 23' Safari SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Went to the International when it was in Farmington, New Mexico. It was literally too far away from everything and there were about 420 Airstreams. The few businesses at the main hall was pathetic. I say this as the next year's rally is similarly in the boon docks.

The Int'l Rally is a requirement of the bylaws. Nothing in the writeup so far serve as an enticement to me to drop over $600 to attend plus the costs coming and going. And the extra cost events like dinners are not free either.
Quit your whining. Not every International rally should be near a big city, or on the east or west coast. There are some great people and places to visit in south central Wyoming.
Sophiehaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:43 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Thank you Eubank that was a question we had also. (30/50)

Hittenstiehl
Old 08-15-2022, 02:49 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLExpress View Post
I am surprised to hear that one of the “Chekc-In Team” was rude to someone about parking in the VAC area or any area for that matter. We and the RAT team went out of our way to accommodate requests. I am sorry anyone received rude treatment & apologize for our whole team. I’m sure it wasn’t intentional.
Thank you for the apology. I'd be happy to PM details of our experience if it would help prevent it from happening to someone else in the future.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Airstream Forums mobile app
Mount'n Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 03:05 PM   #36
WBCCI #19997

2021 22' Caravel
Oreland , Pennsylvania
I'm coming off my first rally, Fryeburg, and I thought it was awesome. The camaraderie, the depth and breadth of knowledge around you, it was totally worth it. For me, being out in the middle of nowhere is a plus, since it is one of the main reasons I got into this. Unfortunately, I can't make Wyoming, I wish could, however, if the rumor is true, and 2024 is in MO, I am all in!

Totally jealous of all of you that are attending 2023. Have a blast!

Cheers,
Keiner
215Airhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 03:48 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
bow , New Hampshire
We (I, my wife and our spinone) went to Fryberg. Loved the venue. Easy to get to (only two hours from our house), great weather, lots of other airstreamers to commiserate with, lots of things to, dog friendly; in short, what was there not to like? We plan on heading out to Rock Springs mainly because my daughter lives in Wilson, not too far away.
Old 09-16-2022, 09:35 PM   #38
Fata Morgana

2023 30' Classic
2023 27' Globetrotter
2018 26' Flying Cloud
Zeeland , Michigan
What membership needed to attend international rally?

We have owned Various models of airstream trailers since 1998 but as yet have never joined any of the AS clubs. Now that we are retired we would like to start off joining a club but 1st of all I would like to know what club Membership is needed to attend the 2023 international rally in rock springs, Wyoming. Thanking anyone in advance for their reply.
Mark/Jeannie
tusocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 10:16 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Just being a member of the ACI Airstream Club International, formerly called WBCCI (Wally Byam Caravan Club International).

Hittenstiehl
Old 09-17-2022, 05:44 AM   #40
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by tusocks View Post
We have owned Various models of airstream trailers since 1998 but as yet have never joined any of the AS clubs. Now that we are retired we would like to start off joining a club but 1st of all I would like to know what club Membership is needed to attend the 2023 international rally in rock springs, Wyoming. Thanking anyone in advance for their reply.
Mark/Jeannie
We all join the International Club..... Officially known as the WBCCI (Wally Byam Caravan Club International) and pay the annual dues of $75. Often referred to as "the Airstream Club, or ACI, or just the Club.

You then have the option of being a MAL (Member at Large) and pay its annual dues of $15 (I think), OR join one of the 116 or so "Local Clubs" and pay their dues. Typically $1-$20. Most local dues are 10 bucks.

There are no geographical boundaries, you can join any local club you want to. Most members join a local club near them so they can participate in the local rallies/events typically held monthly.

Susan and I are members of the Palmetto State Airstream Club here in SC. So, $75 International dues, plus our local $10 dues, total $85 per year.

What do you get for $85???

You then are "in the loop" for all things Airstream. Rallies, campouts, events, seminars, etc.

But the best thing you get is the Airstream family that comes with membership. 16000 new best friends that you see at the numerous events all over the country. They are like no other.

When you are ready, go attend a local Club rally or two, test the waters. You will be welcomed. If you like what you see, then join. Many folks join as a MAL to find a local that fits.

The $85 is no deal breaker. It is money well spent in the world of Airstreaming. And if you join a local club, and it turns out to not be the right fit, a simple phone call to our headquarters is all that's needed to change it.

As for Rock Springs next year, not my call but very likely you will be welcomed as a visitor. And if you are not a member when you arrive, a safe bet you will be when you leave.

Come with us.....

You will like it!.

John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote