Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #281
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
We are also using this as a start of a vacation, however we were thinking about returning to see the "character" balloons take flight on Thurs. Then thought about going up towards, the N. Rim of the GC for a day or two, & then Bryce canyon.

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Old 08-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #282
Rivet Master

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
1959 24' Tradewind
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Northeast , Iowa
We are taking our time going and coming from Iowa; using 2weeks vacation. Maybe through Denver one direction, Kansas City the other. We're looking for suggestions of where to stay, what to do along the general area south of Denver to Albq. Sante Fe is definitely a stop coming or going. Considering a couple of days around Colorado Springs.
Any suggestions from the locals (or regionals)?
Thanks!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #283
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
After checking out some other places in SF, we have settled on Trailer Ranch. It's fairly close to downtown and on Cerillos where there is every type of store you may want. Nice people, some tight spaces.

One place out on the Old Las Vegas Hwy (can't remember name) has narrow access with pińon tree branches that scratched our trailer and Santa Fe Skies has terrible wifi and an attitude to go with it when we complained.

Rates go up Fiesta week and it is time to consider reservations.

Gene
Old 08-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #284
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Excellent, Post-Balloon Fiesta (BF) Route(s)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelegood View Post
We are also using this as a start of a vacation, however we were thinking about returning to see the "character" balloons take flight on Thurs. Then thought about going up towards, the N. Rim of the GC for a day or two, & then Bryce canyon.
The trip to the North RIm after BF promises to be memorable. We took the route through Grants, Gallup, Ganado, Tuba City, Lee's Ferry (where we spent the night) and then North Rim.
Recommendation: Stay in the RV park inside the National Park on the North Rim. This will require prior planning and reservations, but it is worth it.
ASk me about alternate routes to the rim.
Four Corners Unit WBCCI #5783
Old 08-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #285
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by epperp View Post
We are taking our time going and coming from Iowa; using 2weeks vacation. Maybe through Denver one direction, Kansas City the other. We're looking for suggestions of where to stay, what to do along the general area south of Denver to Albq. Sante Fe is definitely a stop coming or going. Considering a couple of days around Colorado Springs.
Any suggestions from the locals (or regionals)?
Thanks!
Haven't camped in Colorado Springs, but there is much to see and do in the area. it's always a must do trip for out-of-towners coming to visit. Garden of the Gods, Cliff Dwellings, Seven Falls, Old Colorado City. Well worth a couple of days in your trip ... Wendy
Old 08-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #286
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
There's a place(rv park) called Garden of the Gods that the RMVAC has used for a rally...pretty central to CO Springs and Manitou Springs...worth the effort to check them out...lots of really interesting places...the bug museum was one of my favorite experiences, and it also has an adjacent rv park...Cheyenne mountain is also nearby, and there are some really neat antique malls...makes it kinda hard when you're on the road, but some our best flamingos came from there...m
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
Old 08-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #287
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Sante Fe?

Gene,

The wife and I were thinking about stopping in Sante Fe on the way home. I never really gave it much thought that the traffic through there might be a little high so I have not yet made any reservations.

Have you ever stayed at the KOA just past Sante Fe?

thanks,

Dick
Old 08-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #288
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Head for the hills...

You might also consider the Eubanks in Angel Fire...EXCELLENT hosts, and they give Airstreamers a discount...pretty drive, although the caravan we were tailing had to stop a few times while we tried to catch up at 15-20 mph over the hills......m
Old 08-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #289
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath View Post

thanks,

Dick
No. I looked at RV Park Reviews and it didn't get the best reviews.

And Mike is right about Monte Verde RV Park in Angel Fire as another alternative. But Lynn and Maria will be at the Balloon Fiesta and I don't know if the Park will be open then—they do take some time off during the shoulder seasons.

Lynn—are you open then?

Gene
Old 08-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #290
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
We'll be open until the morning of the 30th, at which point we're heading for Albuquerque! (And the WBCCI superdiscount still obtains!)

Of course, we love to have folks here, but there are lots of other places between here and ABQ that may be available, too. The problem is that Balloon Fiesta kind of sucks the air out of a good portion of central and northcentral New Mexico. (For instance, it's almost impossible to rent a car in Taos during fiesta because they ship them all to ABQ during that period.) It's best to plan ahead.

Lynn
Old 08-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #291
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Lynn,

What about after—on 10/4 and later?

One more thing about Trailer Ranch in SF—it is a 55+ park. Just wear fake white beards and use a walker.

Gene
Old 08-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #292
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
We're planning to head back here on the same day that we leave fiesta, so we should be pretty much open for business later that day. At least for Airstreams!

Lynn
Old 08-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #293
3 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari SE
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
Gene,

The wife and I were thinking about stopping in Sante Fe on the way home. I never really gave it much thought that the traffic through there might be a little high so I have not yet made any reservations.

thanks,

Dick
We stayed there last year and will spend a couple of nights there before the festival this time. Spots are tight but the showers were clean and facility was well kept. It was a Shangra-La compared to the dump down the street which I can't remember the name of. It's also an easy shot to town and you pass Harry's Roadhouse which has good food and drinks for pretty cheap.

Bill
Old 08-28-2011, 07:27 AM   #294
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
If yer in an Airstream, TAKE YOUR TIME!!!m
Old 08-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #295
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , California
The Fiesta runs from Oct 1 through 9. During this time New Mexico will welcome thousands of visitors. From past disappointment, I can recommend having park reservations as you come to NM and depart NM (i.e. evening of October 4). Not unusual for Santa Fe Skies cg to fill with folks making day trips to Albuquerque for the Fiesta. And Harry's Roadhouse Grill in SF I highly recommend!

All that being said, you will love your spot at the Fiesta with the ability to come and go. Or stock up on food & beverage and avoid traffic and reality altogether. You will also appreciate the comfort and ease of stepping outside in your pj's, cup of Joe in hand, and watch the balloons from your Airstream if you wish. Safe travels everyone!
Accredited Appraisal Firm www.PolkAssociates-llc.com
Old 08-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #296
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPal View Post
You will also appreciate the comfort and ease of stepping outside in your pj's, cup of Joe in hand, and watch the balloons from your Airstream if you wish.
Will there be a special section for the 31% of men and 14% of women who sleep naked as presumably don't own pj's?

Coffee consumption is down—77% drink it sometime during the year and 54% drink it daily.

Maybe sections for naked coffee drinkers, naked tea drinkers, naked beer drinkers, pj coffee drinkers, nightgown or nightshirt grog drinkers….

I'd better find something useful to do.

Gene
Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #297
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Glendale , California
Anyone want to caravan from so cal ?
Old 08-30-2011, 05:42 AM   #298
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbacksurfer View Post
Anyone want to caravan from so cal ?
We will be leaving Phoenix early on the morning of the 29th and over nighting at USA RV Park in Gallup, NM. If anyone wants to join us in Flagstaff, we will be stopping at Little America and then having lunch at La Posada in Winslow, AZ.

On the 30th it will be a 2 hour ride to the gathering point at Camping World in Albuquerque.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Old 09-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #299
30' 1999 Excella

Kingwood , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tin Diesel
Are there any spots left? We'll be coming home to Houston from Steamboat Springs and would love to attend.

If there are any spots left - or if somebody can't go and want to sell their spot (if that's possible) please contact us here.

Thanks.
Kevin
Old 09-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #300
Rivet Master

2011 31' Classic
Nellysford , Virginia
Hope you can make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Diesel View Post
Are there any spots left? We'll be coming home to Houston from Steamboat Springs and would love to attend.

If there are any spots left - or if somebody can't go and want to sell their spot (if that's possible) please contact us here.

Thanks.
Kevin
Kevin,
If you don't find a spot with the 4CU, there are a few spots still available on the Fiesta site, especially off the weekend. We're getting in the morning of the 3rd and staying a few days. Let's park our 30' 1999s next to each other! Welcome to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
TAC VA-18 | Life Mbr ACI 1927 - Spirit of Virginia Club | AIR 53869
Closed Thread

Tags
albuquerque, rally, wbcci, balloon festival