Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #281
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Great post Lynn and one more from the fiesta

Here is my last photo from this year. Next two stops, Turkey @ Quartzsite, AZ and the National Mardi Gras Rally, New Orleans, LA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Balloon Fiesta 09 080.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	90004  
Old 11-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #282
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Eureka , California
This was one of a number of "firsts" with regards to our Airstream adventure. As those of you who attended the balloon fiesta know, this was our maiden voyage with our Airstream and our first time at an event. We travelled from Eureka, California (way up north on the coast of California) to Visalia, CA where we met Roger and Roxie Smith who took us under their wing and caravanned us to the balloon fiesta. Their gentle guidance was very well appreciated by us newbees. The baloon fiesta was an experience we'll never forget and we highly recommend it to everyone. The
Old 11-01-2009, 10:09 AM   #283
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Eureka , California
The computer kicked me out in mid sentence. As I was saying, the rally was fun and we thank Ken for all his work putting on this event. We met some great folks and got some good advice on restoring our '68 Overlander. On out way to the fiesta, we travelled most of Route 66 with Roger and Roxie. We saw very interesting towns (Seligman comes to mind), ate at some fabulous restaurants (La Posada is a must) and took pictures "Standing on the corner in Winslow Arizona...". From the fiesta, we travelled to Conway, Arkansas and stayed at Toad Suck Ferry Campground, which was not far from Pickles Gap just over yonder from Squirrel Hill and Skunk Hollar (I'm not kidding). On our return trip, we visited Sedona, AZ, the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and Las Vegas. All in all, we travelled 5200 miles, visited 7 states and lived a month in our Airstream! It was an experience we'll treasure forever. We're already planning our next trip! Bob and Phyllis
Old 11-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #284
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
We've stayed at Toad Suck...not bad, but not our favorite...just wanted to be able to say we'd stayed there...what a name!!!mike
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
Old 11-02-2009, 06:29 AM   #285
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Bob

It was really great to meet you all - wow sounds like a great trip - hope to see you again next year...

Ken J
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Old 11-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #286
2 Rivet Member

2000 31' Excella
St Michaels , Maryland
Almost home

We are still on the road after the balloon fiesta. We left home in Western NY on Sept. 20. We visited friends in Colorado and New Mexico prior to the Balloon Fiesta. Then we traveled around more Natl Parks in the southwest, including the Grand Canyon and Carlsbad Caverns. We have had an incredible trip, 6 weeks in our trailer, 2Can. It has been a real adventure but I think we are finally tired of moving. We should be back home tomorrow in time to welcome winter weather. We have met many folks on the road heading south so we are traveling against the "stream".
The balloon fiesta was wonderful, a highlight of our trip, it excceded all our expectations. We enjoyed all the people we met and new friends made. It was a great experience.
The only disappointment was the "trailer trash" competition was postponed, albeit for good reason. And we were prepared ----ah well, another year!
thank you to the organizers - it was terrific. MJ & Barrie
Old 11-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #287
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
We sure enjoyed you all joining us - all the way from NY! How cool - hope you can make it make it back next year.

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Old 11-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #288
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Ttq

There can be NO competition for TTQ...only a subsequent appointee...not that I'm possesive, arrogant, or too proud...just have the first two tiaras, the tootsie roll bouquet, the baton, that siver thingie from the same dollar store, and...oh, yeah,...the title...well, I still have the pink fuzzy slippers and the 16 ounce cups...m

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBear View Post
We are still on the road after the balloon fiesta. We left home in Western NY on Sept. 20. We visited friends in Colorado and New Mexico prior to the Balloon Fiesta. Then we traveled around more Natl Parks in the southwest, including the Grand Canyon and Carlsbad Caverns. We have had an incredible trip, 6 weeks in our trailer, 2Can. It has been a real adventure but I think we are finally tired of moving. We should be back home tomorrow in time to welcome winter weather. We have met many folks on the road heading south so we are traveling against the "stream".
The balloon fiesta was wonderful, a highlight of our trip, it excceded all our expectations. We enjoyed all the people we met and new friends made. It was a great experience.
The only disappointment was the "trailer trash" competition was postponed, albeit for good reason. And we were prepared ----ah well, another year!
thank you to the organizers - it was terrific. MJ & Barrie
Old 11-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #289
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
camping in Conway

Dardanelle State Park, NW of Conway, is a nice CG...you can also boondock in the Wallyworld parking lot in Conway, but get there kinda early, as the levelest places up the hill next to the motel fill up quick...
Devil's Fork SP and Woolly Hollow SP are in the near area, and both are very nice...Put more miles on...it's a hoot!!! mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobz Hog View Post
The computer kicked me out in mid sentence. As I was saying, the rally was fun and we thank Ken for all his work putting on this event. We met some great folks and got some good advice on restoring our '68 Overlander. On out way to the fiesta, we travelled most of Route 66 with Roger and Roxie. We saw very interesting towns (Seligman comes to mind), ate at some fabulous restaurants (La Posada is a must) and took pictures "Standing on the corner in Winslow Arizona...". From the fiesta, we travelled to Conway, Arkansas and stayed at Toad Suck Ferry Campground, which was not far from Pickles Gap just over yonder from Squirrel Hill and Skunk Hollar (I'm not kidding). On our return trip, we visited Sedona, AZ, the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and Las Vegas. All in all, we travelled 5200 miles, visited 7 states and lived a month in our Airstream! It was an experience we'll treasure forever. We're already planning our next trip! Bob and Phyllis
Old 11-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #290
2 Rivet Member

2000 31' Excella
St Michaels , Maryland
Home again

We pulled into our driveway yesterday. Unloading, laundry and next will be winterizing since we saw some white stuff today. 7000 + miles on our 6 week journey.
While it is nice to spread out, I'm already planning the next one!
Great trip....MJ
Old 11-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #291
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Snow way to avoid it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBear View Post
We pulled into our driveway yesterday. Unloading, laundry and next will be winterizing since we saw some white stuff today. 7000 + miles on our 6 week journey.
While it is nice to spread out, I'm already planning the next one!
Great trip....MJ
MJ
I've found that after being able to turn around with my arms outspread, sleeping in a bed as big as Dallas,not having to worry about whether not the fridge won't take the heat, mowing the yard, having endless hot water and sewage supply, and no 5-6 mpg expenses, I'm ready to go in 3-4 days
Our white stuff has been appearing for the last three weeks, and the shade side of the house still has it from a week ago...hopefully, it will melt in April, when we consider returning...m
Old 02-21-2010, 07:57 AM   #292
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
For information about the 2010 Balloon Fiesta go here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289...sta-61458.html

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Closed Thread