Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-09-2007, 08:53 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
The dates are Feb 20-25. There will be seminars, I will be giving a first timers seminar, as well as vendors, Airstream, Dometic, Reese and others. A&W will be there to embroider club logs and anything else you would like to have on your shirts, hats jackets or anything else made of fabric. I have attended rallys based on A&W being there. There will be evening entertainment, games, crafts, demostrations and tours. There will be breakfast on the grounds as well as catered dinners and ice cream. One of the highlights is the Saturday flea market. Many hard to find Airstream items will be on display, if you have any that you no longer want or need this is a good time to let someone share your treasure. There is no cost involved in obtaining a table for the flea market. Hope to see you there.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:28 AM   #22
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Unfortunately, due to my personal disaster, we will not be able to attend the rally this year. I would strongly urge anyone thinking of attending this rally to do so. There are many things to do at this, the second-largest WBCCI rally every year. Plesae post many pictures, as I am going to be stuck at home fuming that I am not there.
There is also the chance for a forum rally at the WBCCI rally, even if it is only a forums happy hour.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
Saint Petersburg, , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Tom Randall
Tarheel, I will certainly want to attend your seminar. By the way, can I bring Rusty Dog? I have soooo many questions - but I will just give it a go. Learn as I go. Plus, a few members from the South Florida Unit #30 will be there that have offered to help me. Happy to hear about the food - and even the vendors! Hope to learn alot.
Tom & his travelin' Pal - Rusty Dog the Doxie

WBCCI # 1946AIR # 18277
Tom Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
1964 24' Tradewind
Plant City , Florida
Send a message via AIM to SwampBillies
Tarheel
We would also like to attend your seminar. Obviously, we have a lot to learn. If there is going to be a forum happy hour, please send me an invite! I would love to get to meet some of you in person! I am so excited to go to this rally. Only 2 more week ends to get Betty ready for the trip!

Debbie & Lewis Adkins
WBCCI #15754 --- AIR #18873
1972 - 31' Sovereign International (Betty)
1964 - 24' Tradewind (Glory)
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty
SwampBillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #25
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Count us in, will be leaving NY Monday the 19th, s/b there Tues eve.

Any issues coming in late in the evening?

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #26
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets
Count us in, will be leaving NY Monday the 19th, s/b there Tues eve.

Any issues coming in late in the evening?
You would be parked overnight in the "bull pen", that is, out front until morning.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #27
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Oh great now we have sleep with the cattle

Old 02-10-2007, 07:17 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

1981 22' Excella II
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Colbert , Georgia
Almost Ready!

We are looking forward to another great Fla. State Rally. We didn't have a Vintage trailer last year, but hopefully will have a 60 Pacer ready for the road in another week. Just finished the interior, and now are working on the exterior.polishing/glass replacement/LP gas lines..still lots to do, but should be ready by next weekend. We will be in the vintage area this year! Would like to meet all of the forums members that attend (put a face with a name).

Levon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2291.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	32155   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2290.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	32156  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2289.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	32157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Polished Rear2.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	32158  

Levon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Crossville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levon
Would like to meet all of the forums members that attend (put a face with a name).

Levon
Hey Levon, did you say you wanted us to make faces at you?
steelbird312 WBCCI #6673 jerry Hodge
2013 31" Classic limited
Have no intention of arriving at the grave safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, throttle in the other, totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!"
steelbird312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

1981 22' Excella II
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Colbert , Georgia
Hi Jerry, seems like I remember your face....hope to see you there. If you want to make a different face, you might confuse me, so keep that same look.

Levon
Levon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:26 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Crossville , Tennessee
All you guys going to Sarasota, have a good time. I won't be able to be there- I have to leave for China on Tu for a coupla' weeks.
Someone will need to eat my share of ice cream!
steelbird312 WBCCI #6673 jerry Hodge
2013 31" Classic limited
Have no intention of arriving at the grave safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, throttle in the other, totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!"
steelbird312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #32
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
You make it sound like going to China is bad thing, let us know if there are any AS there.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello Everyone

Hi... We will be coming in for the day on Sat.. Hope to meet some of you..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:14 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
I'm not certain of what all my duties will be while I am there, however if no one objects I will post on the bulletin board a time and place for a Fourms Happy Hour. I need to check my scedule so I don't overbook. Not certain about the availabiltiy of wifi there but if I can get on line I will try to post some during the rally.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #35
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
I'm not certain of what all my duties will be while I am there, however if no one objects I will post on the bulletin board a time and place for a Fourms Happy Hour. I need to check my scedule so I don't overbook. Not certain about the availabiltiy of wifi there but if I can get on line I will try to post some during the rally.
WiFi is not really available there, or at least hasn't been in years past, although there are several spots just off the grounds that you could hook up to. There are several dial-up connections that I have used in the past. They work, but man are they s-l-o-w.
BTW, Rick, I/we are tentatively considering coming up for an hour or two on Friday.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #36
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
If you need to get online you can jump on my laptop I have a Verizon card you're more than welcome as anyone else that needs to communicate with the real world.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #37
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Rick can you give us a heads up on the Sat dinner?

layout, food, dress up down etc

Old 02-11-2007, 12:46 PM   #38
tincantom

1975 25' Tradewind
Crossville , Tennessee
Thumbs up More on FLState Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Just go, you'll have a good time and meet other Airstreamers....try to park with other vintage (VAC) folks, since you will have common interests with your generation of trailer.
We've been many times and always enjoyed it. In fact we find it a better overall rally than International many years. Your registration fee includes water, (rally) electric and a dump at the end of the rally. If you aren't familiar with rally electric, it is about 3 (that's three) amps, but that's enough to keep your batteries charged, run fans and radio or tv (of course your lights are battery powered) so you'll be comfortable. NO AC (you shouldn't need it), electric coffee maker, iron, or hair curlers to name a few high voltage items. There are FREE donuts and coffee every morning and free ice cream every night. A lot of the women who feel the need take their curling irons to the bathrooms where there 30 amps are available. There are lots of seminars on everything from cooking to solar power, ham radio, and on the road communications as well as info on upcoming caravans and other events. Lots of good door prizes. The rally site is in town so there are lots of stores available. Your neighbors, your unit or the VAC, if you park with them will usually have social gatherings like happy hour, maybe a potluck but often will go out to restaurants and fast food places, many within walking distance. While you are there you don't want to miss at least one meal at one of the many Amish Restaurants in the neighborhood. If you really like to cook there are stores nearby so you don't have to bring a load of groceries. There is one free (usually) good dinner on Sat nite. I believe this year's theme is "hoedown" or something to do with western wear. I'd suggest you go back to the Pensacola Unit website and ask there for this info or any other specifics. I'm sure you'll get an answer there. I'd echo the above - just go and you won't regret it - and don't worry yo won't be alone.
tom
tincantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
The dinner is pretty kicked back, neat and clean would be my idea of proper dress. Most men wear long pants to dinner but hey its Florida. The weather will probably dictate your clothing not a dress code. Its a time to socialize and have fun and no one is going to be paying much attention to what you are wearing, within reason.
It will be a catered meal so that means byob, bring your own body, everything else will be porvided. The meal will be in the meeting hall and it is usually a good one, don't miss it.
Your seating will be as you line up outside the hall. If you have particular friends you want to sit with then get up with them and get in line together. The tables, to the best of my recollection, are set up in a line about 30 to the table. You come in and are served then go to your appointed table. Its kind of fun not knowing who you are going to be having dinner with as you get to meet some interesting people this way.
You guys have had me on a shopping trip today thanks for all the ideas for the firsttimmers, you came up with some that I would have overlooked.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #40
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Thanks for that explaination, I thought I saw something about a swap area or someplace to sell what you don't need or buy some stuff. I not talking about vendors just owners.

After gutting mine I have some stuff that needs a good home, but if it's not an active thing there I'll throw them on Ebay.