Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #541
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
Well that's a long list, leaking fixed, first they changed the sky dome, fixed the AC, drafts around the door and screendoor, caulked all windows
and countertop in the bathroom, fixed the cracks in the shower, microwave was loose so longer screws, missing parts on the awning, furnace (the pipe was too long to heat the bedroom so they cut it and now it's running much better ...), fixed the panel under the kitchen sink in the closet.... there is some more ...
Dave will be able for sure to give you the technical terms of the repairs but right now he's sleeping... Sorry not being able to give you enough details in my so so technical english
bumps in the floor won' hurt apparently the structure, just cosmetic so we'll keep them.
Anyhow the fellow who took care of us was really nice, we spent a lot of time in the factory, meeting people waiting like us, it was great to take another tour of the factory but we missed you guys.
Back on the road tomorrow, waiting to meet again and have some fun
By the way we sure can tow it !!!!
diane and the hamster

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

https://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #542

1973 29' Ambassador
St. Paris , Ohio
thanks for a great weekend!

Hi everyone,

From the minute I arrived...solo I might add....to the parting parade....I felt welcome and just blown away by the friendship and generosity of this group of airstreamers...wine, music (incredible!), gifts and prizes all made it even more fun...but the people and the airstreams were really great...as were the dogs...all perfectly well behaved and just a blast (with costumes no less!!) not to mention the food! And thanks to the guys, some of my troubling problems on my Ambassador are now on the way to being solved.

I hope I can attend the next one..is it set yet for Mackinaw Island? (sp)

Blessings....Barbara
Overdrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:53 AM   #543
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Im going to start planning the Mackinac Rally Soon, stay tuned!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #544
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Silvertwin Send a message via MSN to Silvertwin Send a message via Yahoo to Silvertwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin
diane and the hamster

Diane and the hamster, funny!!!! That little guy is cute!

It was a blast with you guys as well. So happy to have met you and we will have to keep in touch so we can do it again. I will be waiting for my invitation in the mail so I have an excuse to take time off from work wink,wink!!!!

Join me on the Magical Aluminum Mystery Tour!
Silvertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #545
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Such a great rally!! Thanks Laura, Ralph, Lou, Carol, and everybody for all your work and for making it so special and fun!!
Old 05-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #546
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Steph, where are your pictures?

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #547
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yeah, I want to see more pictures too. Steph your pictures are always great. And guys, where are all those factory pictures you took of the Rivettes all lined up? There were plenty of cameras and shooting going on! Let's see those shots, please!

Brad and I got home yesterday afternoon from Ohio after a stay at Hocking Hills following the rally. Can't wait to see what is cooked up next!!!

Anyone still have their tatoo on? I do. Seems I lent my vinegar to a certain someone, so I had something akin to a very nasty bruise looking thing, all red, yellow and green. LOL!!! Thanks again Steph that was very cool too to get us tatoos of Rosie.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #548
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Welcome home Mz Bonecrusher. Glad you made it safe and sound. Was nice seeing you and Brad again.. Seeing Brads new A/S made it all worth while too. Great trailer!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #549
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Tattoos come off with baby oil

Sorry you had trouble Carol, I should have mentioned earlier to use baby oil. We do so many kid temp tattoos...
I had to put some baby oil on it and use a little plastic puff (the kind folks use in the shower instead of just wash cloths) and it came right off Carol. Honest you aren't marked for life!!
My photos aren't so great this time. I will sort through them.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #550
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
You better look thru them Steph. You always say.."My photos are not worth posting" BUNK!!!!! POST EM STEPH!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #551
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Ralph we had the bestest time!!!! Glad you could make it, your entrance was sooo funny. I loved it.

I actually had it looking pretty good up until when I scrubbed it hard after Brad asked if it was henna two days ago. I had forgotten it was even there, LOL! I'll find some oil. Thanks for the tip. It was neat having a tatoo.

photography
Old 05-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #552
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
My thoughts?? All you girls should have them.. For LIFE type!!!! That entrance was nothing.. wait till you see the next one C.J.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #553
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Month late and a dollar short. DH and I are shopping/dreaming of an Airstream. We live in Michigan and would love to come to a rally to be able to see AS in action. We are having a debate about size. Are there any other Michigan/Ohio rallys planned for the summer where people would be willing to show off their Airstreams?

I'd be one of the women towing my AS! I've often been the only woman in our camping group to drive when towing and the boys and I camp when hubby is up north hunting. Can I be an honorary Rosie?
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:07 PM   #554
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Tks...if you're already towing it, most of us are in your dust! Of course you're a Rosie Check the rally list on the forum home page. You'll probably find something in your area. Best wishes in your hunt for an AS! ~Georgia
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #555
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets
Month late and a dollar short. DH and I are shopping/dreaming of an Airstream. We live in Michigan and would love to come to a rally to be able to see AS in action. We are having a debate about size. Are there any other Michigan/Ohio rallys planned for the summer where people would be willing to show off their Airstreams?

I'd be one of the women towing my AS! I've often been the only woman in our camping group to drive when towing and the boys and I camp when hubby is up north hunting. Can I be an honorary Rosie?
Oh darn, I am so sorry you just missed the rally, but there will be more! I see you found the Metro Detroit Rally thread so you are good to go on that front. There are some Ohio rallies too coming up as G. says check the calendar for dates and places. We have had two Airstreamers come from the MD group first looking for information and then eventually finding their Airstreams. It's a great way to see the different units and get tips and meet other Airstreaming folks and have a great time all at once. I hope to meet you soon too.

You are another Rosie showing that moxie gal! Now do the pose and repeat, "We can tow it!" Official bandana to be presented in person. That's it, you're in.

Can you find the Silver Sisters Online Rally thread and tell us more about yourself? We haven't had a new chat together in a little while. I'll bring the coffee and meet you at the campfire. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f47/...lly-29663.html

photography
Old 05-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #556
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
tskBaskets
If I can be an honory Rosie so can U . We attended our first rally the Womens WeCanTowIt Rally( I was the DD) cause my wife dont drive. We got the warmest welcome,these are the greatest people.So don't be afraid We DONT BITE, as someone told me "You are always Welcome at a Rally" Drop on bye, I know there are always different sizes of trailers to help you make up your mind as to what will work for you.
Hope to see you at a Rally
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #557
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit
tskBaskets
If I can be an honory Rosie so can U . We attended our first rally the Womens WeCanTowIt Rally( I was the DD) cause my wife dont drive. We got the warmest welcome,these are the greatest people.So don't be afraid We DONT BITE, as someone told me "You are always Welcome at a Rally" Drop on bye, I know there are always different sizes of trailers to help you make up your mind as to what will work for you.
Hope to see you at a Rally
Roger
Good to know Roger DH and I went to the Tin Can Camper Rally today. Lots of great 'vintage' campers. OK, I feel old because most are from the 60's when I was born! Lots of fun. A little rain but not all afternoon.

Hope to see this group in August at the Metro Detroit rally
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #558
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
tks ... you should definitely get to the MD rally. Especially if you're not certain what vintage or size coach makes sense for you. Everyone there will be happy to give you a tour. I got the "disease" big time a year and a half ago, after going to a "basement rally" in mid-winter. Just attended my first rally, the "We Can Tow It" margarita / towing / factory visit / caving / quesadilla / campfire outing. Even though I'm a guy, it seemed appropriate to me, since this was my first time towing anywhere except home on the day of purchase! And I didn't even have to wear a wig or anything, um, er, ahem, like some folks did!

And the people were incredibly helpful. Nice folks, swell advice, terrific food, great campfires, lotsa help for a newbie!

Meanwhile, I'd suggest doing a few other things; a) visit a couple of dealers to tour new units, just to see how those little floorplan drawings translate into real life; b) religiously read the "for sale" ads here; and c) scour the sale ads in online newspapers and on Craiglist.

Hope to see you in August.

Ryanh
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #559
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Man! . . .or should I say "WOMAN" ! I wish I could have made it for this on. Great pitures you guys and thanks for sharing them.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #560
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
76 Sovereign
It was the first time out for my wife and I and also for Ryan. We really didn't know what to expect or what was expected. We had the nicest time. The people are wonderful and helpful. After the initial greetings we settled in like we were old friends just getting together for the first time in a year. It was great. The weather wasnt the best but the new friends we made more than made up for the short commings of the weather.
We can hardly wait till we can go again.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote