Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #81

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I hate to do this, because lately it seems like we keep having to cancel out of rallys at the last minute. Our dog Chester is quite elderly and has been going downhill slowly, but things seem to have picked up speed this last week. We can't take him with us because he can barely walk. There's no way we can leave him here alone with just the petsitters looking in on him twice a day, he keeps falling down and needing help to get up again. This might be his last weekend, we've got a really bad feeling about this. So I guess we'll have to sit this one out and stay home again! Sorry, we'll miss seeing everyone, but there will be more rallys down the road.

Send my regards to everyone there.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #82
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts View Post
I hate to do this, because lately it seems like we keep having to cancel out of rallys at the last minute. Our dog Chester is quite elderly and has been going downhill slowly, but things seem to have picked up speed this last week. We can't take him with us because he can barely walk. There's no way we can leave him here alone with just the petsitters looking in on him twice a day, he keeps falling down and needing help to get up again. This might be his last weekend, we've got a really bad feeling about this. So I guess we'll have to sit this one out and stay home again! Sorry, we'll miss seeing everyone, but there will be more rallys down the road.

Send my regards to everyone there.
Have a good weekend with Chester Stephanie. Shower him with all the love and attention a good old dog needs right now. It's a sad time that needs to be spent with a guy who sees you two as mom and dad. You are all in our thoughts.

Barry and Donna
Old 07-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Gee Steph, that's terrible! May he enjoy his days with you two.. you two are great parents.

We also will have to cancel. Just too much going on this week and next. Hope you all have a great rally.
Marc and Mona
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:47 AM   #84
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Thank you

I want to thank everyone for making this a fun and filling rally. I'm still not hungry! thanks to our foody, Caroline for making sure we had great meals. Good friends, good food, good campfires and normal forum weather what else can we ask for. See you guys down the road.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:10 AM   #85
JDL
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
T , Oregon
Blue Pearl,

Thanks for all you did to make this a great weekend! A good time was had by all!

jd

JDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #86
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Thanks for a good time ~ and watch for slime bags...

Hello everyone!

Thanks for a fun rally! I am here to say thanks to Teresa for getting the group site, Vernonia was a nice choice! It was great to see everyone and I hope we all get to rally again soon!

For those of you who took pics, would you be so good as to post a few? I would appreciate it... Last night we stayed (on our way home) at Honeyman State Park just south of Florence, Oregon. Some slime bag stole my digital camera out of our truck! Had to be gutsy, as we never left the site! Was able to get the wind wing open of our 68 truck and got my camera and also took my cell phone charger that fits in the cig lighter (go figure). Apparently the whole loop was "hit" according to the ranger... Anyway, I had some great pics of our trip and the rally ~ I can get another camera (grrrrr) but I can't replace my photos!

We made it home safely... tempted to turn around and go back. It was a beautiful cool day today at the beach, 100+ here today.

Claudia
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:54 PM   #87
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Claudia, what a rotten thing to have happen! I'm so sorry to hear about your camera and all the pictures.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #88

1968 17' Caravel
That's terrible, Claudia! That's just really low!

Old 07-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #89
2006 F350 V10 Ext. Cab LB

1998 30' Excella 1000
Sherwood , Oregon
great weekend - except

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaddyGrn View Post
Hello everyone!

"...but I can't replace my photos! ...

Claudia
Hi Claudia & Don,

That's awful. I didn't take any pics myself, but I'll check with Lyn. Maybe we can send you something.

On the other hand, we had a great weekend with all of you good folks. And the food and site were perfect (I was a bit nervous about those dead oak limbs about 30+ ft. above our trailer, but we're unscathed & home safe).

Walt
Driver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:06 AM   #90
JDL
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
T , Oregon
Thats horrible! I am so sorry to hear that.

jd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaddyGrn View Post
Hello everyone!

Thanks for a fun rally! I am here to say thanks to Teresa for getting the group site, Vernonia was a nice choice! It was great to see everyone and I hope we all get to rally again soon!

For those of you who took pics, would you be so good as to post a few? I would appreciate it... Last night we stayed (on our way home) at Honeyman State Park just south of Florence, Oregon. Some slime bag stole my digital camera out of our truck! Had to be gutsy, as we never left the site! Was able to get the wind wing open of our 68 truck and got my camera and also took my cell phone charger that fits in the cig lighter (go figure). Apparently the whole loop was "hit" according to the ranger... Anyway, I had some great pics of our trip and the rally ~ I can get another camera (grrrrr) but I can't replace my photos!

We made it home safely... tempted to turn around and go back. It was a beautiful cool day today at the beach, 100+ here today.

Claudia
JDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #91
2 Rivet Member

1956 22' Safari
Lakewood, WA in the summer and Boulder City, NV in the winter , WA / NV
Send a message via AIM to Rick56Safari
IT was a Wonderful weekend. Great People, Great Times and the chow was pretty good too. :-D
Claudia, sorry about your camera and more importantly the pix.
I have some pictures I took and once I find my camera in the trailer I will post the pix I have.
You all are a great group of people. The Navigator is still talking about it! This is good as it keeps her from ordering me about :-D
We had a minor problem heading out of town and had to spend 3 hours in the Sentry parking lot figuring out what was wrong with the trailer lights. Finally got it all figured out and made it home safely. Thanks To Everyone who stopped off to help and Gunny who followed us out to Portland to make sure all was well.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #92
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Rick,

I will look forward to seeing your pictures! Sorry you had trailer light issues... but then who hasn't at one time or another!

Thanks!
Claudia
Old 07-10-2008, 12:04 AM   #93
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
lucy update

Claudia, sorry about your camera, I only took 3-d pics so can't post.
Lucy had her knee surgery on Monday and did well. I felt so bad when I left her with the Tech, she was trying to crawl out of her arms to me . Not only did the doc fix the luxating patella (knee cap) but she now has a FiberWire implant as she also had an acl rupture (tendon connecting the knee cap) She is happy to be home and on her puppy pain drugsand we are happy to have our bionic puppy home. And guess what? we got our kicker check in the mail today, guess you know what we are spending it on.
Steph, We missed you at the rally and understand fully the reason, we would have done the same!!! Thankyou for suggesting the rally and getting it started, Vernonia is so close we will be spending a few more weekend there in Aug, join us.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:44 AM   #94
2 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
Portland , Oregon
Rally

Thanks to all the organizers for a fun time in Vernonia. It was an easy trip for us and we will be considering it again in the future. Great meeting new people and seeing familiar faces again.
So sorry to hear about the camera Claudia. We can't help you with pictures.
So happy to hear the puppy had successful surgery Teresa and the next rally we'll see him running around.
See you all again somewhere, sometime, somehow for some fun!!!
Leslie and Frank and Tootsie and Murphy.
SafariSogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #95

1968 17' Caravel
Hi Teresa,

Sorry to hear the pup had surgery, sounds like it was quite extensive! Yikes!

Chester is hanging in there. We'd like to sneak off for a little camping adventure sometime before the summer is out, but I don't know yet. I don't feel like we can leave him alone with petsitters checking in on him, and I'm not sure about taking him with us. Though I guess at least we wouldn't have to worry about him running away!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #96
2 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
Portland , Oregon
Ps -

I neglected this in the earlier post.
I wanted to thank Gunny for all his help getting my truck unlocked. And his great coat hanger collection. I appreciate it.
Frank
SafariSogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #97
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Thanks everyone!

Several of you great Airstreamers sent me photos from the rally! I really appreciate having them! The camera is gone, but a new one is ordered and should be here in a few days. I guess I will have to have my feeble memory serve for the images I lost...

It was great to meet the folks I didn't know at the rally, and great to see old friends! Teresa, I am glad your sweet puppy did well with the surgery. Yikes, glad I am not paying your bill for a "bionic puppy"! Sure glad she is doing nicely.

The weather in Oregon was a great change... we came back to California and it was 100...

Looking forward to the next rally! Thanks Teresa and Carolyn too... not to mention Stephanie for the idea and getting the thread and rally calendar going. Sorry you had to miss out Steph, hope your dog is feeling as good as can be.

Claudia
Old 07-14-2008, 09:47 AM   #98
2 Rivet Member

1981 27' Excella II
Lynnwood , Washington
Thanks to all

We had a great time meeting everyone and seeing all the wonderful aluminum scattered around the camp ground. Wish I had my camera when I was golfing, there was a nice view of all the trailers shining through the trees. Looks like there were a few adventures (I like to think of them as making memories) for some of us. I just finished fixing mine, put in a new refer so we're ready to head out again when we find the time.

Special thanks to Carolyn for organizing the group meals and keeping us on task (would hate to miss a meal!). And to Teresa for reserving and organizing the campers and campground. And to everyone else, you made us newbie's feel welcome and part of the crowd.

Teresa, thanks for the window treatments, now that I've finished with the refer I can turn my attention to that. I think we can make it work I'll keep you posted

Hope to see you all again soon.

Ron, Bernita & King Tuk

I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
Ifihadtime is offline   Reply With Quote