Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-28-2005, 08:11 PM   #101
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Lou's Crew Lives!

We are now also proud members of the LPPI (a.k.a Lou's Crew).

Repeat quickly three times: "Lou's Crew, Lou's Crew, Lou's Crew!"

We have a fantastic time. Lou, Carol Baidinger, Lou & Larry Woodruff, Jeff Terry and anyone else I may have missed (like Lou's wife Candie) did a fantastic job putting this event on. We met so many nice people that we almost wish it was a little longer so that we could have gotten to know them all a little better. Oh well, that may have to wait for Louapaloosa II, next year.

Joe (& Lorrie)
(Proud owners of an unpainted Argosy - Lou clarified this point for us)
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:25 PM   #102
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
Lou tried to see the pics, no go, "stated you have to enable the account"
wagongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:27 PM   #103
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Dear L.P.P.I. President;

We would like to lodge a formal complaint.....that we were not fast enough to travel from PEI to the Rally

Sounds like you all had a great time and we are sorry we missed it but family only happens once in a life time sometimes.......We just got back this evening around 4:00 - had a great time - lots of laughs - but I am sure we would have had even more laughs at Covenant Hills.

Just look at all those "painted ladies"!!!!!

PS Lou cudos again buddy for putting us onto Axis Henry - what a sweet ride we had. Taking the parents out meant a lot more comforts from home meaning loading up the MoonBeam to her brim Axle worked like the day she rolled off the line (and much much better)
The complaint has been filed, (please see my "inbox"). The LPPI takes complaints like this very seriously. We must pop open a wobbly pop and reread the complaint then.
We had a great time and we have decided that since the LPPI is international we will let you join as an "honorary charter member". Plus you brought me wobbly pops!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:28 PM   #104
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagongirl
Lou tried to see the pics, no go, "stated you have to enable the account"
Try it now.
Thanks for pointing that out Vice President Olmsted!
Old 08-28-2005, 08:38 PM   #105
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
Not a problem SIR!

We in our unpainted Argosy's are always happy to help out our painted friends !
wagongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:40 PM   #106
Rivet Master

The correct link!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/patterson48314/my_photos

This will give you all of the photos of the rally!
Enjoy!
Old 08-28-2005, 08:52 PM   #107
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagongirl
Not a problem SIR!

We in our unpainted Argosy's are always happy to help out our painted friends !
Yes, please remember that anyone in an unpainted Argosy can only wear their beanies on an official "Beanie Day".
Old 08-28-2005, 08:57 PM   #108
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Man - I get a chuckle seeing Lou's face as avatar on most posts on this thread.

If you weren't there - you won't understand.

Long live the Lou!
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:05 PM   #109
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Man - I get a chuckle seeing Lou's face as avatar on most posts on this thread.

If you weren't there - you won't understand.

Long live the Lou!
Long live the LPPI, my friend!
You are a Charter Member and I am appointing you to the position of Secretary of Finance for the L.P.P.I.
This should be an easy position, considering we gave away all of the door prizes at the potluck!
"Tell them what they have won, Johnny!"
We will have to eventually tell them WHY my face is ALL over the forums! I think it is just because I am so darn SEXY!
Old 08-28-2005, 09:08 PM   #110
Rivet Master

I really did have a great time.
I was especially proud of Roger for coming to our potluck and taking his first step in the 12 step process. Let's all try to help Brother Roger as he overcomes his addiction to Airstreams! Uh, not really "Help" in the sense that we will REALLY help him....
Old 08-28-2005, 10:08 PM   #111
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Wink

Lou,

If LPPI membership requires post midnight mind control utilizing sleep deprivation via continuous Trailer Park Troubadours....I may pass.

The boys and I had a fun trip. My only regret is that I didn't get to know everyone better. I think that I only saw the inside of 3 trailers since the kids kept me hopping. Maybe next time I bring a sitter...for Lou's kids!

Seriously, my interest in the forums has always been about technical issues. Every vintage trailer has a story and I would have loved to have heard them all at the rally. It was a great time time around the campfire and though others are sure to follow we'll cherish the memories of our first rally.

Thanks to all,

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:00 PM   #112
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
Something is wrong

I can't quite put my finger on it but somehow I feel that I have been kidnapped by a cult.

May you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t git you.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:03 PM   #113
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Great Time..

We had a great w/e. Was nice to put a face to all the users of this forum who attended. Lou , you did a great job.. we just got home after midnight , parked the trailer and headed to the computer to check this thread.. great pics Lou. Already looking forward to the next LPPI Rally and pay homage to our new guru.. Lou..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:12 PM   #114
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I really did have a great time.
I was especially proud of Roger for coming to our potluck and taking his first step in the 12 step process. Let's all try to help Brother Roger as he overcomes his addiction to Airstreams! Uh, not really "Help" in the sense that we will REALLY help him....
TYVM, but it was not my first step. The first step was in planning on how to mooch a free meal.

May you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t git you.

Old 08-29-2005, 06:13 AM   #115
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
We had a great w/e. Was nice to put a face to all the users of this forum who attended. Lou , you did a great job.. we just got home after midnight , parked the trailer and headed to the computer to check this thread.. great pics Lou. Already looking forward to the next LPPI Rally and pay homage to our new guru.. Lou..
The next LPPI rally will be held in May 2006. We are going to be wearing our beanies since we are Argosy owners. We will have one day that will be "Beanie Day". This will be for the benefit of the unpainted Argosy people.
I have made Beth Olmsted Vice President of the Unpainted Argosy Unit.
Marvin and Annie are Vice President in charge of Canadian Lemonade.
Joe Peplinski is the Secretary of Finance. Seeing as how we give away everything as door prizes this will be a pretty cush job.
Please do not think of me as an Airstream/Argosy god. I am just your average, run-of-the-mill guru!
Remember, keep the painted side up!

Lou
Old 08-29-2005, 06:14 AM   #116
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog0525
TYVM, but it was not my first step. The first step was in planning on how to mooch a free meal.
Well, you came to the right place to mooch a meal! I mooched them ALL weekend long!
Old 08-29-2005, 02:05 PM   #117
Rivet Master

Quote:
We are now also proud members of the LPPI (a.k.a Lou's Crew).
Repeat quickly three times: "Lou's Crew, Lou's Crew, Lou's Crew!"
You are not ONLY a member BUT you are a coveted "Charter Member". I have also made you Secretary of Finance for the L.P.P.I. OOOHHH!
Quote:
We have a fantastic time. Lou, Carol Baidinger, Lou & Larry Woodruff, Jeff Terry and anyone else I may have missed (like Lou's wife Candie) did a fantastic job putting this event on.
I was only the "Idea Man". I also provided a good portion of the stand-up comedy but I am sure that you can tell from my picture, that is not hard for me to do!
Quote:
We met so many nice people that we almost wish it was a little longer so that we could have gotten to know them all a little better. Oh well, that may have to wait for Louapaloosa II, next year.
You must have been talking with the people NOT in our rally. That would be the only way you could meet that many "nice people". We had a lot of "weird people". Next time we will be sure to keep a closer eye on you.
Quote:
(Proud owners of an unpainted Argosy - Lou clarified this point for us)
Just remember, you have something more than just "an unpainted Argosy". You have one that has lots of stuff hidden under the floor. I am sure you remember my lecture about where your freshwater tank is located.
You two really do have the trailer I would like to own. It is very nice and someday you will want to swap me straight up for the Safari/Minuet combination!
Old 08-29-2005, 02:35 PM   #118
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
I cannot compete.

I am reluctantly withdrawing my Lou Patterson avatar and returning to my usual boring avatar.
I just do not feel comfortable in representing myself as the infamous Lou Patterson. I'm just not worthy.
Besides which, I think I saw that same pic on the wall at my local post office.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lou Rog.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	14309  

Old 08-29-2005, 02:41 PM   #119
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog0525
I am reluctantly withdrawing my Lou Patterson avatar and returning to my usual boring avatar.
I just do not feel comfortable in representing myself as the infamous Lou Patterson. I'm just not worthy.
Besides which, I think I saw that same pic on the wall at my local post office.
Roger,
That picture looks like it belongs on the wall of the post office itself!
I can understand that you feel you are not worthy. Usually, this is what happens after the initial visit with me. Most people are humbled by my wit and charm. Please do not feel that you have to pay homage to me. It should come naturally.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:21 PM   #120
Rivet Master

Roger took some pictures of the rally while he was up there on Saturday.
He was kind enough to send the link to them to me.
I love seeing photos from everyone who attended. The reason why? It gives us all another person's perspective. That is what makes this all fun!
Here is Roger's link!
http://community.webshots.com/album/435058123WFvhPD