Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Your preferred weekend for Springstream 09?
May 15-17 13 68.42%
June 6-7 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #341
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Did I mention there were some trailers there? And a few more kids...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8166 (Large).JPG
Views:	108
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	80444   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8185 (Large).JPG
Views:	99
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	80445  

Name:	IMG_8193 (Large).JPG
Views:	152
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	80446   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8197 (Large).JPG
Views:	98
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	80447  

Name:	IMG_8222 (Large).JPG
Views:	105
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	80448   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8227 (Large).JPG
Views:	104
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	80449  

2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #342
Razorback

2005 30' Classic
Springdale , Arkansas
Alan and Shannon,

Thanks for putting on a great rally! We enjoyed meeting everyone and making new AS friends. The get-togethers were fun and the food was delicious! (A lot of good cooks in the group!) A special thanks to CB for the "The Long Long Trailer" presentation. We had so much fun that we had to take a day off and regroup. It looks like the sun will be out tomorrow and we'll be leaving for Cherokee,NC in great weather. Again, thanks to everyone who made this a fun trip. Georgia is Beautiful!

S&B
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC02031.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	80463   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02025.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	80464  

Name:	DSC02018.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	80465   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02030.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	80466  

Sid and Becky
2005 Classic 30 "Twinkie II"
Hensley Arrow
2008 Bighorn 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins
WBCCI Member At Large #2786

Life is not a dress rehearsal, live your dreams!
razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:22 AM   #343
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Great Weekend

Hello everyone and thanks for the great weekend. Danielle and I certainly enjoyed meeting new folks and renewing past friendships.

The band really did a great job. Is that your longest set yet? Pretty soon you guys will be touring! Thanks for playing Livin' In Aluminum - that really ended the evening on a great note.

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:56 AM   #344
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
On the way home from the Springstream Rally yesterday I had to make one of those panic stops we all talk about when we discuss adequate tow vehicles. The fourth car in front of me lost control for some reason and hit the guard rail on the left side of the interstate. Both lanes of traffic STOPPED! to watch the car spin around and go down the embankment backward. There was no where for me to go since both lanes had stopped and there was a guard rail on the left side of the interstate so I hit the brakes and hit them hard. I had just had my Equal-i-zer hitch fine tuned for my current truck two weeks ago. I felt the front of the truck swerve just a little as the ASB's took affect. It really was more of a right-left-right dip when the brakes grabbed the pavement. I heard the trailer brakes squeal as they locked and then the squealing stop and start twice as the brakes were pulsed by the integrated brake controller on my '08 F-250. The rig stayed straight in the center of the lane and I came to a stop with plenty of room to spare between me and the car in front of me. 65 MPH -0 MPH in what seemed like 2 seconds. No hint of sway or not even a suggestion of possible jack knife. I was glad I practice the 3 second rule for safe distance between me and the vehicle in front of me. Still, I have never been more grateful for my Ford's integrated brake controller, anti-lock brakes, and God as my co-pilot!!!

It was one of those scenarios where one of the thoughts that shot through my mind was if I ease off the brakes, they wouldn't lock and I'd come to a more controlled stop. But the next thought that went through my mind was that doing so might increase my stopping distance. I actually analyzed the situation and just decided to keep the pressure constant on the pedal and let the computerized ABS do its thing. I was really impressed with the brakes and glad I had so much tow vehicle in front of my 7,400 LBS 30' Safari. I felt my confidence grow as I came to a stop, but then my real fear became...was the vehicle behind me going to be able to stop before it rear ended my beloved "Changes in Latitudes".

From the looks of things, I doubted that there was any serious injuries for the occupants of the car and two of the cars in front of me pulled off into the left hand emergency lane at the end of the guard rail to help so I continued on my way since pulling nearly 50' of truck and camper would have been too awkward given the narrow shoulder.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #345
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Camperski and Josh Turner

Camperski,

I'm very sorry to hear of your daughter's accident...we hadn't heard about it either. I'm glad she is ok.

About Josh Turner, wasn't someone going back for Josh Turner show on May 30th? If so, let me know who it was. We'll be there too and camping for the weekend. Hopefully we can get together.

Thanks to all for the great rally, great food and music. Enjoyed seeing the regulars and meeting new folks too.

Brad, your firewood kept us warm Sunday morning and afternoon!

Thanks, G
StreaminGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:50 AM   #346
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Also, Chili Cook Off in Hiawassee May 30th...come on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreaminGuy View Post
Camperski,

I'm very sorry to hear of your daughter's accident...we hadn't heard about it either. I'm glad she is ok.

About Josh Turner, wasn't someone going back for Josh Turner show on May 30th? If so, let me know who it was. We'll be there too and camping for the weekend. Hopefully we can get together.

Thanks to all for the great rally, great food and music. Enjoyed seeing the regulars and meeting new folks too.

Brad, your firewood kept us warm Sunday morning and afternoon!

Thanks, G

Also, there is a Chili Cook Off in Hiawassee May 30th...come on!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #347
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Sounds like everyone had a great time. I was sorry to have missed Springstream this year.
I saw forums member Kevin245 in Swannanoa as I was on the way home from the Smoky Mountains Vintage Rally. I stopped and talked to him a few minutes. Also, saw a neat "canned ham" along the way. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next rally.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #348
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
It sounds like everyone had a great time.

Sugarfoot, what were you cooking in that great big pot of yours?

Minnie's Mate - Whey! That sounds like a close one! Great to hear that your truck held fast...er....is that slloooowwww. Anyway, glad everyone is safe!

Camperski, glad your daughter is ok. I've had a concussion and that is not fun. Especially not remembering the homemade donuts!

I vote for Oct 16 weekend. We actually have Fall Break then. Either way, I'll block both weekends so I won't miss it again.

Keep sending the pictures! Loving seeing them!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #349
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
2005 25' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Athens , Georgia
Minnie's Mate
Glad that was just a close call, in the old 58 I wonder how well she would stop like that, I have a feeling not as well. Well good to meet you and glad you are ok.

StreaminGuy
wish I had known about Josh Turner earlier would have loved to have heard that voice live, think I could do with out the chili in almost June though ( just a personal thing)

SugarFoot
Great pictures ..... so good I used one for my profile picture ... thanks again.
Roy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:10 PM   #350
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Minnie's Mate, we are so glad things turned out ok. This trip helped me get over my fear of towing and all the good advice I have read here sure helped. I never went over 60 and I really tried to keep that distance thing in mind. Your story just illustrates how important that is.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:14 PM   #351
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Camperski, I'm glad your daughter is OK. What a scare, I didn't realize what happened. And Tom, I'm glad you folks escaped danger too. It's nice to know you have that kind of stopping power when you need it.

Geven, why is it that in nearly all the photos of you there is food involved? It was so good to see you and Ruth again.

RoyB, that photo looks good on your profile. I feel honored that you are using it. Several of the guys I work with have been lusting over the shots of your '58 today.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #352

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
What a Great Time...

We had a great time this weekend seeing everyone. The food, fellowship, and scenery was fantastic. We loved the Texas Grits, Coffee, and Flapjacks at Breakfast, and the Supper menu was dang good too.

Sally and I met many new Friends and we're looking forward to getting together again this Fall.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #353
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Our 10 hour trip went very un-eventfully, thankfully. We stopped for breakfast at a Cracker Barrel, then lunch in the camper, then dinner in the camper. We arrived home at about 10pm, cleaned out the fridge, and left the rest for today. Work sucked today. I didn't really get much done. I was too busy talking about my camping trip. Having just bought our Airstream in Feb. and this being only our second camping trip (first rally), we REALLY wish that we were retired (or too rich to need to work...either would be fine). Only 36 years and we too can wake up, drink coffee, hitch up, and pull out on OUR terms; not to have to get up, skip breakfast, hitch up, and pull out even before many other people are out and about. I can't wait.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #354
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello folks.... Recognized some people's faces from other rallys... when is the Fallinium ... We will be heading to Charleston SC in mid Oct... would like to get to the fall rally ... that is one of our favourite campgrounds.. we were at the 2006 fall rally..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:27 AM   #355
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
We had a great time this weekend and can't wait for the fall rally. Great to see everyone again and great to meet some new friends, too. Sorry to hear about your daughter's accident, Campersky. That had to be scary, but glad things turned out for the better and not the worst.

We are hoping for the the fourth weekend in October so it won't conflict with schools long weekend on the third weekend. The long weekend that Becki and the boys get is the weekend that we always go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Disney World. One of these years I'm going to organize a MNSSHP Rally. Maybe next year or the one after that (The Disney Food and Wine Festival is also going on at that time). Anyway, my vote is for the weekend of the 23rd. Again, thanks for putting this rally together Allen. Hoping we can see Kathy at the Falluminum.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 05-19-2009, 06:02 AM   #356
Lanny

1954 15' Byam Holiday
1955 15' Byam Holiday
Athens , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to lwebb Send a message via Yahoo to lwebb
Hey All. Sorry for a late post but forest fires raged at work yesterday and the 100+ emails in my box took longer than I thought. Why is it when I take a day off, I get back three days behind?

Jiminie! Camperski, I saw your daughter come up to the pavilion with a bloody nose and we all felt her pain but I had no idea of the extent of her fall. I'm so sorry but glad she is alright.

Tom, I would not have been so lucky. I had to stop on the way down the mountain toward Helen because the Tahoe brakes were over heating. The Holiday brakes weren't working at all for some reason but instead of stopping to see why I pushed on. I'm just glad I didn't have to use them as you did or I'd have been down the hill as well.

Again, Thanks go to you, Alan and Shannon, for organizing this. It was a blast. Thanks also to Roy B for telling me about it and encouraging me to attend. This was only the third rally I have attended in my adult life and only the second time the Holiday had been out of the drive way. More importantly it was the first time my wife Priscilla had camped in the Holiday and her first rally ever. That also goes for my sister--in-law Jill who had never been trailering in her life. She and my seasoned camper brother Ned came in my 86 Casita Egg. Everyone had a ball and both girls are ready to go again. So it was a resounding success!

We look forward to the next one!

Lanny
lwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:12 AM   #357
Razorback

2005 30' Classic
Springdale , Arkansas
StreaminGuy,

We have tickets for the Josh Turner gig on the 30th. We will be in the spot next to where we were in E6, I think its E4, where TJ was. For the next 11 days we will be making the circle from Asheville to Charleston to Savannah to Stone Mountain and back to Hiawassee for the concert. We will be looking forward to seeing you guys again. Chili sounds great. By the way, the Smokies are awesome!

Sid and Becky
2005 Classic 30 "Twinkie II"
Hensley Arrow
2008 Bighorn 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins
WBCCI Member At Large #2786

Life is not a dress rehearsal, live your dreams!
razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #358
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
You noticed huh?

(from Sugarfoot)
Geven, why is it that in nearly all the photos of you there is food involved? It was so good to see you and Ruth again.

Yeah, I gained 4.5 lbs that weekend! I'm working to get it off now.

G
Old 05-19-2009, 09:23 AM   #359
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Falluminum Thread is UP here. The park is already filling up for October and November so grab a site while you can..you can always cancel or transfer it later...
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #360
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Alan, the link is not working at this time.

Lanny, glad the girls enjoyed camping and are ready to do it again!

Sid, when are you and Becky going to be at Stone Mountain? We are going to be there for the Memorial Day weekend beginning Friday night through Monday. If you are there that same weekend we should get together and maybe do the Laser Show together or grill something and share a meal.

Gaven, I didn't realize that was your daughter that had fallen on the bike that morning. I actually thought it was one of Ron's. The bloody nose looked bad enough, but to add concussion and partial amnesia had to be pretty scary for parents and daughter alike. Hope there was no long term affects. My prayers are with her.
WBCCI# 4821

Tags
springstream