Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Your preferred weekend for Springstream 09?
May 15-17 13 68.42%
June 6-7 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #261
2 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Lawrenceville , Georgia
No it is not towable. I think the only thing holding it together was the 3/4 plywood the POs had put down over the original. You can't walk anywhere near the edges or else you would fall through to the ground!

https://55flyingcloud7909.blogspot.com
slvrlng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #262
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil and/or Sue View Post
Well, we're booked into site F-8...

I have requested Fri and Sat off, so I will have to wait for the official word.

Phil
Well, I officially have Friday and Saturday off. So Friday, Sue and I will have our chance to get out and shop, sitesee (or is it sightsee?) and generally explore the area together. Then for Saturday, I have Sue's blessing for more time to do things that are less couple-related, like music and such.

Sorry KPosey cannot make it. Glad PizzaChop and NilesRob are. Where's Mario?

Looking forward to seeing everyone and a lot of cool trailers and vehicles too. Looking forward to playing guitar too. And the other activities.

As Alan said:
"Reminders :

Brunch is Sat. morning at 10, we usually grab the pavillion and set up a few griddles and such to share pancakes, waffles, whatever you want to bring. Coffee and Espresso is usually brewing somewhere.
-Raffle tix will be given out, and everyone is encouraged to donate a new or used inexpensive item to be given out Sat evening.
- Saturday evening at 6 or so we will start a shared dinner buffet. Bring whatever you like, main dishes and sides, desserts. It usually works out without too much pre-planning. we try to keep all this casual. If you want to list your item for dinner here, we can compile them into one master list.
- Musicians bring your axe if you want to join in the evening jam after dinner. A P.A. is set up for this.
- We usually do a "tour of homes" after the brunch..This is voluntary, You don't have to show your trailer or motorhome. A sign will be provided to hang in your window to show 'open' house."

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #263
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Danielsville , Georgia
We will be in attendance (arriving Saturday) with our 8 children (ages 1-15) but I may not be ready to play the guitar yet as I'm still recovering from a "close encounters" with a table saw.
PizzaChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #264
Hedonistic Bohemian

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Atlanta , Georgia
Long story short (I'm usually long story, not short) - I think I'm going to make Springstream '09. I just booked A37 (all the B-F loops being booked) for Fri/Sat/Sun nights.

OK that was short enough but lacked details. It's going to have to be longer that that.

I bought my Airstream a couple of months ago. It's a 2007 Safari 27FB. It was available in Houston, and my sister and brother-in-law in Waco were willing to snatch it up and tow it to and store it at their home. After about 6 weeks I was able to fly out there and spend 10 nights in it on their central Texas prairie and also a campground at Lake Waco. OMG - it was everything I hoped it would be and proved eminently livable. I'm planning to full-time in it once my house sells, and it's the first RV I have ever owned. Big step for me and the experience confirmed the plan, pretty much.

But I had to fly for the trip because that was all pre-arranged with my mother going and before I saw and seized this Airstream. Due to issues like work (I hate that) and getting my house ready to list (even worse) I have not been able to get my trailer back to Georgia. My intent is to head west next weekend, perhaps meeting my sister and brother-in-law somewhere in between, and be back in time for Springstream.

I really really want to make it and I feel like it will happen, so this morning I booked the site.

Anybody interested in a road trip to or towards Waco in an empty truck leaving around May 9 or 10 (Sat or Sun) and returning around Wed or Thu towing aluminum?
Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #265
Refurbished 89 Excella

1988 29' Excella
Sugar Valley , Georgia
Anybody want C-10???

We booked C 10 months ago because it is really our favorite site. Since then WE have been booked for a job that we cannot turn away. The sight is booked for the 15th through the 18th.........We were planning on getting away from all for at least a few days and having fun; but now due to the workload we are gonna shoot on Thursday night and have to have that edited and then ready to shoot again the next Friday night......With publication of 8 to 10 hours of DVD ASAP......Needless to say, long days of sittin at a puter editing suite for many hours to get the turn around we MUST HAVE................

So.........Am just in the thinking stage right now. Susan and I talked it over over breakfast and really need to devote the time to work rather than play.............Let me know either by email or private message.......and YES, I will have a firm decision in the next couple of days............Let me know.............and sorry if this seems vague.....Dennis
DKDarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #266
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike T View Post
Thanks Tom.

It might not be a good idea, though. We barely survived the first night of last year's Thang.
I am certain I have no possible idea what Ike T is talking about... I don't remember a thang.

OK, it is (sort of) official - we have moved from B6 to B11, so B6 should be open.

Minnie Mate mentioned the summer "thang" - I don't know that I am going to be able to manage a rally this year. Between working at a software startup (yes, this is a terrific economic climate for a software startup!?!) and a host of high school band activities expected this fall, I don't know that I can take on another project - or commit a weekend at this point. Having said that, if someone else wants to take on the project, we would be willing participants if the weekend works.

And on a completely unrelated subject, this is what we love about Harris County (GA) - simple signs - maybe not politically correct, but you get the message...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7980 (Large).JPG
Views:	313
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	79538  
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #267
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

Men and Machines

Brad didn't mention, but we saw a lost of women making u-turns once they saw this sign!

Karen (Mrs Nilesrob)
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #268
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

Whoops! A LOT of women although I guess they could have been turning around because they were lost.............
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #269
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaChop View Post
We will be in attendance (arriving Saturday) with our 8 children (ages 1-15) but I may not be ready to play the guitar yet as I'm still recovering from a "close encounters" with a table saw.
Ron! Sorry to hear that you fought the saw and the saw won.

Hopefully you can still sing!

See you and your entourage Saturday!

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #270
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike T View Post
We cannot attend this rally due to work committments.

Our spot (B11) has been claimed by the Slowskys, which means their spot will be available for the next folks on the waiting list. The Luckyducks just got a neighbor upgrade.

Tim
Tim, sorry to hear you and your better half can't make it this spring. Hope to see you at the CanOpener Rally in January. As far as the Slowskys being a neighbor upgrade, I'm not so sure. Don't turtles like to splash around in the water? I hope there is enough room for both those turtles and us ducks.
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:06 AM   #271
Incorrigible

1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyducks View Post
Don't turtles like to splash around in the water? I hope there is enough room for both those turtles and us ducks.
These turtles speak with a northern accent. Good news, when you get tired of hearing it, turtles taste like chicken.

1976 24' Argosy
1973 International Harvester Travelette 1210 4x4 'Bernard' 164" WB
1997 Georgie Boy 30' SuperDuty v10
Ike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #272
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Just back from England!! Had a great trip...flew did not tow the trailer
Looking forward to May 15.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #273
2 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Lawrenceville , Georgia
B1 spot available

I'm going to cancel B1 if anyone wants it. PM me to let me know. Right on the water close to restrooms! Hey Alan do we need to register if we just drive up.

https://55flyingcloud7909.blogspot.com
slvrlng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:21 AM   #274
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyducks View Post
Tim, sorry to hear you and your better half can't make it this spring. Hope to see you at the CanOpener Rally in January. As far as the Slowskys being a neighbor upgrade, I'm not so sure. Don't turtles like to splash around in the water? I hope there is enough room for both those turtles and us ducks.
No worries ... we'll be the bumps on the log...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7762 (Large).JPG
Views:	104
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	79714  
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #275
Refurbished 89 Excella

1988 29' Excella
Sugar Valley , Georgia
C-10 is open as of this moment. We just met with our client and we need to shoot on the 15th and 16th both........In addition edit like crazy over the weekend sooooooooo..................Gonna carry a credit with the campground for the fall as we loose most of our deposit otherwise............See you then............
P.S. Our mountaintop isolated parking space is open to anyone and YOU are welcome............God Bless...........Dennis
DKDarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #276
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
The good news is I have a job. The bad news is for the first time since owning the AS, my job is interfering with my travel plans . I'm sorry to say we won't be making our first Springstream. We have site B4 for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. If anyone wants it, PM me and we can work out the details. Otherwise, I will cancel in a day or two which will let in an SOB. Hope you guys have a great time.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #277
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Clean living pays off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtoaster View Post
The good news is I have a job. The bad news is for the first time since owning the AS, my job is interfering with my travel plans . I'm sorry to say we won't be making our first Springstream. We have site B4 for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. If anyone wants it, PM me and we can work out the details. Otherwise, I will cancel in a day or two which will let in an SOB. Hope you guys have a great time.

In the 5 hours since I posted this message I've had 3 more conversations with my boss. Vacation is on . We will be there. Hope no one was thing about our spot.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #278
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrlng View Post
I'm going to cancel B1 if anyone wants it. PM me to let me know. Right on the water close to restrooms! Hey Alan do we need to register if we just drive up.
no need to register if you are just dropping in.
If you stay for the dinner you might bring a dish though, even a store bought dessert or side could be helpful.

-- Does anyone see the need for name tags? Write on or stick on or whatever.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #279
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtoaster View Post
In the 5 hours since I posted this message I've had 3 more conversations with my boss. Vacation is on. We will be there. Hope no one was thing about our spot.
Way to go!!
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #280
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDarrow View Post
C-10 is open as of this moment. We just met with our client and we need to shoot on the 15th and 16th both..Dennis
we will miss you both and that beautiful Airstream. But work is good.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!

Tags
springstream