Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #2341
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey Bob, thanks for the heads up. Hope those "teenagers" don't get overexuberant this year and knock anybody out of the nest. Has there been tracking going on of last year's babies?

Here is Shari's original post and link. http://www.airforums.com/forums/show...postcount=1506

http://media1.vcoe.org/eaglecam1

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #2342
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Ha - still alive...

..and all is well...

I really do need to catch up on my blog and posting eh? My days seem to get filled with so many different things and then the day is over and I feel like I have done nothing.

So quick up date...I have moved now from James Island County Park - to a lovely quaint and totally secluded location with some really great people as hosts. The property is amazing from what I have seen thus far. But the weather has not cooperated and has had me in doors with rain today and looks like tomorrow is not much better and Monday they are calling for cold weather with snow flurries - tee hee...I will feel right at home with the snow flurries.

Taz is doing great and we have started walking slowly on her lead to force her to use her leg. Haily is having a ball at chasing the cats which there are several and has made friends with the resident "little dog" as I call her - a sweet little hound dog called Stella.

My friend Terri traveled with me to introduce me to her friends whom I am staying with and on Thursday we had a great camp fire and drank far too much corona and black current merlot. I think if I can remember right we even sampled some of the Chocolate Raspberry Port. It was a lovely warm night and perfect for a campfire - actually this was more like a bon fire and I did not think to take a single picture - I thought it might be better to have my camera safely in the trailer or it may have become a ground ornament. It was nice to finally let my hair down and not worry over my baby.

I have a bit of a leak that I have to take care of - I think it is coming from the antenna so I will get up on the roof to take care of that tomorrow if it stops raining for a bit. I also had a bad propane bottle where the valve just started to leak - so had to change that out yesterday. Other than that my trip thus far (save the crisis with Taz) has been uneventful. My friend Terri took me out on the town for a tour of Charleston - but I will travel down periodically to tour the area now that I can leave Taz for longer periods.

I will try to post a few pics - have not taken a super amount of pics lately - just been really busy packing up camp and moving and taking care of Taz and keeping the trailer tidy with two great big dogs in here. They are as good as gold and I have completely trained them now to stay off MY BED!!!! I refuse to share tee hee.

Anyway I need to back up a bit with my update and tell you all about Paula and I's visit back in Williamsburg and post some pics as well. Unfortunately it ended with the crisis with Taz - which sort of put our great visit with each other on the back burner. So hopefully I will get to that over the next couple of days.

But lets not wait too long - so here are a few of us having a good time.

We hit the museum - and the first US Insane Asylum of course why not

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3865.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	76230

Now I would have handed over my camera to Paula but then why would you hand over your camera to a "lunatic" wannabee tee hee Paula had me in stitches. And if anyone wants to learn the history of the Williamsburg area and well Virginia - the Paula is your Gal - she is a wealth of knowledge and had me totally impressed with her constant history lessons - it was a very interesting and fun visit!!!

We decided to take the big tour of the full museum and spent several hours going through all the amazing artifacts - and there was no need for us to take the regular tour cause our Silver Sister Paula probably knows more than the tour guide - which we promptly called "Carlton" cause he seemed to ride the elevator all the time.

Taking a little rest in the quilt section..

Name:	DSC_3887.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	76231

Paula also took me on several "driving tours" of James Town and York Town - I think I have those names right - it has been a few weeks now that actually seems like months ago. Paula I still have not had time to sit and watch the history DVD I bought but hopefully now I am settled for a while I might be able to.

Name:	DSC_3962.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	76233

Parked illegally while I ran to take some pic of the Armory, or Battery or something like that anyway...will post a few of those later....

Name:	DSC_3926.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	76232

We also had a great picnic style lunch at the camp ground, a couple of amazing breakfasts and did the really bad dinner thing at one of the restaurants - okay so we decided just to have desert!! - We then went out for some "pulled pork" - sorry Paula you will have to fill in the name for that one.

All in all it was a short visit but a great weekend! and I hope to travel back up Paula's way on the way home and hit Virginia Beach.

I have yet another 6 weeks or so to hang out in South Carolina - their spring is just starting - soon there will be so many spring flowers in bloom I will be in my element.

Where I am staying now is an absolute bird haven and cannot wait to get out with a nice dry day to take some photos of the different wildlife around here. And I have yet to get my Kayak in the water which I am hoping to do this coming week if it is not to to cold.

The owner of the property which I met tonight is coming to take me on a golf cart tour tomorrow - if the weather holds out...

Having a great time and meeting some really nice "Southern" folk
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #2343
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Random Shots of my Visit with Paula

Just a perfect day to tour Williamsburg

Name:	DSC_3838.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	76242

Thought I would test my look no hands on the steering wheel while driving through the Appalachians Steph - since I have not had a chance to go backwards in my Yak yet.

Name:	DSC_3692.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	76235
A couple of sweet Ass's - right Paula!!! just hanging about.

Name:	DSC_3706.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	76236
A lucky catch - I was taking a shot of the bridge while Paula was telling me all about the Model T - to which I had no idea what she was talking about until I got back and downloaded my photos and realized I had caught a pic of the Model T Ford coming under the bridge!!!!

Name:	DSC_3718.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	76237

Another beautiful day - did I tell you that as soon as I arrived the temps soared into the low 70-'s

Name:	DSC_3769.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	76239

And of course where ever I go I do find my favorite little critter - the Squirrel

Name:	DSC_3820.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	76241

And yes this is a road that we were driving on not walking!!!

Name:	DSC_3767.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	76238

In Charleston they are gas lamps - this one would have been cool as a gas lamp but the sky was just right to show off the early 1800 style coach lamp

Name:	DSC_3849.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	76243

And this is just for Paula to remind you of the Bird that I was asking that makes that noise - and we looked up and it was this little guy - just calling out for sex!!!

Name:	DSC_3772.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	76240
Old 02-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #2344
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
just a few more...

And why Paula was parked with the engine running - I headed to quickly take some pics of the Battery

Name:	DSC_3915.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	76248
Looks Like a pretty easy job to me...

Name:	DSC_3919.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	76247
Sorry I could not resist - I have never seen a designer Squirrel before that looked like it had been into a dog groomer ready for the Glen Abbey Dog Show - notice the TAIL!!!! Or did the darn English leave some of their rats behind.... that now have made the trees their home

Name:	DSC_3904.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	76246

And a really quaint looking street which really reminded me of Ludlow England - and Paula and I stopped in for breakfast - bagel and Croissants with egg and ham - yum

Name:	DSC_3856.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	76244
Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 AM   #2345
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Send a message via AIM to siouxcitygro
Those are awesome pictures,sounds like you really had fun!! I love reading about your adventures, and I love photography,not anywhere on your level with it, you are good and get great shots!! I enjoy them thank you for sharing them!!
siouxcitygro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:49 AM   #2346
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Some people want to see what the outside of my Silver Streak looked like, so here are a few pictures. I paid 1800 for it, then found out it was rare,maybe 12 made. It is in good shape, am having it checked out at RV center to get anything fixed that needs fixing in the engine.

Siouxcitygrove on Humzoo
Old 03-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #2347
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Sharon actually I haven't touched it yet, I think I fell into something when I found it, the guy I think just wanted to get rid of it. I sure was surprised it was in such good shape inside and out.

You know and I hope this doesn't sound strange, but, I had no intention of buying a motor home and ran across this about 120 miles from here. Well, he even let me make payments, as I am on a fixed income. Then I started to look up stuff on the net, and ran across the airstream forums. The nice people on here and Vintage trailers have given me some excitement, and fun things to talk about, and look forward to each day. I am basically very shy, and not very outgoing since my husband was killed by a drunk driver. The kids moved out so am basically alone blah blah blah lol. My point is..... I think things happen for a reason, and me getting this MH, led to me meeting the nice people in this group and Vintage, it has inspired me to do things I haven't done for years. I know I am not an Airstream, but I have been treated by many as one of the crowd, and I appreciate it!!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #2348
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
siouxsue I never saw a silver streak motorhome before only silver streak trailers. I like the gold stripe. Nice size rig, how's the interior? I think your world of travel and adventure will be very exciting and rewarding. Glad you are open to new horizons. I think your roads ahead will be very good.

Ah there she is...Sharon emerges. I was starting to worry. You hadn't made a post to your gallery or here and I thought we had lost ya. Looks like you and Paula had a good time and saw a lot of the sights. Thanks for the update and posting pictures. How's Peter coming with the garage project while you are gone?

photography
Old 03-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #2349
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
There are exciting things going on, a couple of rallies and a lot of adventures to be had.

The Interior is very good also, pictures at

Siouxcitygrove on Humzoo
Old 03-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #2350
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
You got a great deal!!! I love those woven woods window treatments too. We had a trailer with woven woods and the richness and texture to them is so nice. That looks quite comfy and in perfect shape.

photography
Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #2351
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Wooohooo!!!

I ordered my TwinTemp Junior this morning! This is one of the final "big" things for my AS! The shower/bath is in and looks great. The rest of the wiring is going to be put in when the TTjr arrives. I am just beside myself
BrockLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #2352
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Sioux - what an AWESOME C Motorhome! I loooove the interior! Those curtains are so badass! Checking out your blog, seems quite interesting.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #2353
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hello Ladies, IM BACK! I landed at 630 tonight, and im glad to be home, it was a great trip, got some sun, and also got food posioning the last day of my trip. After throwing up 6 times in 3 hours, my system was flushed and spent the day in bed!

Carol, thanks for the congrats, and thank you for sending me that email, due to me being out of town, it was hard for me to stay in touch! I saw Brad, and we had lunch with him, ill post some pictures in a bit, im beat right now!

Sharon, great pictures! Keep them coming.

Brock, its good to hear from you girl, where have you been? GET PICTURES, i want to see the airstream now!

Ill post some pictures on the blog when I get a chance, and on here!

Hope everyone is good!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:18 AM   #2354
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Laura, sorry you got sick!! Glad you are home safe and sound and better now. How was your trip? And your family? How was my honey? Pictures... that would be great!! That was really cool that you and your dad could go and visit. From what I hear from him, he is looking forward to some weather that is NOT cloudless and sunshiney. We Northerners must be an odd lot to be so programmed as to miss rain, clouds, snow and humidity. I am having a difficult time trying to understand from his description what cold and dry and hot and dry feel like. I know he has plenty of wind and sand in New Mexico. I don't think I am a desert person, Northern woodlands and lake shores feel like home to us. Bradley says the Rio Grande is really rushing along now though. How was Koa? ...getting to be an even bigger "moose?" He's a sweetie, but he sure is big and bumpy as a puppy.

photography
Old 03-03-2009, 06:42 AM   #2355
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Welcome home, Laura! Food poisoning is the worst - glad you're over it now!

I'll get some pictures up soon. I was using my dad's camera and so I have to wait for him to send them to me. Everything seems to be going so fast now with construction, now that they're pretty much done playing around inside the walls and floor! My contractor expects to be done in May.

Sorry I've been scarce. I had to emergency move in November - my roommate got into a huge fight with my boyfriend and thus kicked me out! Then I moved a second time into my own place over Christmas, so I've just been rushing around trying to get things back to normal. Which they pretty much are now, finally
Old 03-03-2009, 08:16 AM   #2356
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Brad and Koa were both good, but I understand what Brad means about the weather, it gets boring seeing the sun everyday, its nice to see clouds every once and awhile! Koa has gotten big, he gave me lots of kisses!

I cant wait to see the pictures Brock! When do you think it will be ready to go out?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #2357
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Sue - you will always be welcome here..just takes someone who has the courage to go through life with conviction toward happiness. I am so sorry about your Husband that must have been absolutely devastating. You are a very strong woman to continue to move forward. And to be attracted to "sliver" - and ha "Aluminum too..

Laura I meant to say to you the other day - congrats on your photo of them month - and big Kudos on your school work girl - to think a year and bit ago you wanted nothing to do with School - huge hugs to you for pulling it all together and now look at you man what an ACE!!!

Brock I am with Laura - where are the pictures!!!! we need pictures...

Carol Glad your charges are fairing okay without you - and you how are you holding up the frosty Michigan fort - got your roof tiles all sorted out for the next storm to come and suck them off.....My parents had a terrible time in Bath with the wind that took their tiles off all the time.

Hey Carol you need not worry I am doing just fine - kind of nice being away from the computer once and a while I really like where I am right now - but will be moving again back closer to my friend for a bit and then possibly back up here.

The weather has been terrible this past week. With torrential rain and then the temps plummeted and my hose froze two nights in a row - no biggy. My blank Tank sensor is for the shits ha literally it does not work - I have been trying to monitor how long I could go - and then poof she was full from 1/8th showing on the status. Also Tank heaters if the little red light is not on does that mean the tank heaters don't work either??? Anyway decided to pull the camp and take her to dump instead of doing a blue buggy run.

Taz is getting in lots of walking on lead and she can sit outside now on her short lead as a tether poor thing. With the nice weather coming up I can really start to walk her more. And hopefully get in some kayaking now. This is such a unique property here - I will post some pics of Charleston and where I am staying now in a few minutes or so.

But to answer your question Carol on how Peter is doing with the Garage....beside his health doing fabulous and in general he is doing GREAT - must be the well deserved break from me as I am enjoying my break from him too!!!

Peter is now nick named The Monkey Man. All the trusses are up now.

Name:	Garage 167-1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	382.1 KB
ID:	76442

He has yet to cut out the top windows and will be getting the roofing in soon - but he has to take a break now and move my parents next week into their new condo.

Name:	Garage 168-1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	441.5 KB
ID:	76443
Old 03-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #2358
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
You better not stay away from home too long Sharon, Peter might build himself an entire town! LOL He is a fast worker. Looks real good.

photography
Old 03-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #2359
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan

Name:   sisterchicks2.gif
Views: 231
Size:  5.8 KB

Name:   sisterchicks.gif
Views: 237
Size:  71.3 KB

Name:   Copy of sisterchicks.gif
Views: 243

Name:   sisterchicks3.gif
Views: 237

Name:   sisterchicks4.gif
Views: 232

Name:   sisterchicks5.gif
Views: 221

Name:   sisterchicks6.gif
Views: 235

Name:   sisterchicks7.gif
Views: 234

Name:   sisterchicks8.gif
Views: 239

we sister-chicks need to stick together - love and pray for
each other - stand with and for each other - support and
encourage one another - yep - that's what sister's do best. !!!

photography
Old 03-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #2360
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Haven't heard a cheep out of you lately. What's everybody up to these days? The Cali Gals just had a fantastic rally, I am sooo jealous! I know we have a few gals out on the road now somewhere. How 'bout the rest of us, give us a chirp.

Brad should be back from New Mexico in several weeks, then we close up the house and go to Ellison Bay Wisconsin for the summer to work at a local Door County Resort. We have so much to do, I don't know if I will be able to rally in Spring, but I am thinking it would be too tight for scheduling to actually plan in advance for it. But I sure want to. I am so ready to par-tay!! This winter was grueling on me.

photography