Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #1761
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
yeah the awning color is the same as the bedspread. That pic makes it look more red then it is.. You girls will have to pull your chairs a little closer to the fire tonight. Going to get about 35 deg here....
Old 05-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #1762
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
FWIW...the red/orange color is the same as Design Within Reach's logo ~ so if you have a store or catalog nearby, that's the color. Colors are impossible to compare online ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #1763
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I could care less, I still love it!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:23 PM   #1764
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Burger King Iced Lattes sounds yummy Lou. Yes let's try something like that next time meanwhile I will go check it out. Thanks. Is your drive an easy shot to enter and park in? You and Larita have that party central going most season. Did Jean do well on her marathon?

Teressa that is great to hear that you have the towing package and big engine. Yup he has no excuses. You browse girl. We are crossing our fingers for you.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #1765
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Sisters!

Just thought I'd peek in for a second or two!!..speaking of drinks/eats: I had a neat strawberry shake at Carl's Jr. today and we just got home from a place called Wing Stop: 5 different flavors of chicken wings: bbque, Hawaiian sweet and sour, hot spicy garlic, lemon pepper and teriyaki..grrreat!..

we're headed to the coast again next week for more 'abbing'
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:32 PM   #1766
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Dang, Codybear, you're makin' me hungry. Is Carl Jr's a western place? I don't think I've heard of it.

Lou, the BK iced mocha joe sounds just too yummy. You and I need to get together over a tall one and have a chat about all the stuff I did in my book art class this past semester. Nothing I did holds a candle to your paper arts, but it was a ton of fun and I kept thinking how much you'd have enjoyed it. And, yes, we had a blast with the kites -- the wind was just perfect over the dunes. Wish I could get Larrita together with the girls to make kites. They'd love it, and so would I!

Carol, where do you camp in Hocking Hills? That's one of the prettiest areas in Ohio. I'd really like to spend a couple weeks there myself. (You're right, the girls are growing way too fast. And they'll be aunts this fall! Yikes!)

GT - Pneumonia!?! Criminy, lady! I hope you're taking care to get rid of it completely before you get back to your partyin' self. Take it easy, k?

Now, who was it around here that has the ducks? One of my girls was saying yesterday that she wants to live on a farm someday and raise ducks. I need to look up those cute pictures hiding in this thread somewhere...

-J (Signed in as Luminumtraila. Was having trouble logging in earlier under "dougjamie" for some reason. Hmmmm....)
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #1767
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
new screen name?

I didn't know that you had changed your screen name!!! I am not doing a good job of keeping up! You can ask a moderator to change your name and not lose your standings...number of rivets etc. And keep your posts too.

That class sounds like a great thing. I love to play with paper!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #1768
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
hi luminumTraila!..Carl's Jr. fast food burger place: here's a little bio of Carl I happened to see posted at the counter!..

We just got home from a restaurant w/our younger son who treated us to Ethiopian fare at the Queen Sheba: enjara, lentils, cabbage, lamb, beef, chicken, salad, combo plate: silverware not necessary here..you take the rolled up thin pancakes, tear off a piece, lay it over the food, and scoop it up to eat!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9798.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	61365   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9877.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	458.6 KB
ID:	61366  

Name:	100_9878.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	61367   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9879bb.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	61368  

Old 05-30-2008, 04:50 AM   #1769
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
It's a long story, Lou, but I didn't really change my screen name. A while back I thought maybe I should have a username that didn't include "doug" since he rarely visits the forum. I set up the new name but thought I hadn't succeeded because I kept getting a message that the name was too long. Anyway, I found out later it did work, but decided it probably wasn't worth the bother of changing anymore. It came in handy when I was having trouble logging in with the old name though.

Codybear -- We used to at an Ethiopian restaurant when we lived in DC. It's really good! Wish we could have joined you for that meal.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 05-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #1770
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Makings of LadyBugs new Home

Mentioned the other day I would post some photos of what has happened around here.

As some may know our garage caved in with the snow load this past December. Then we had a very long winter and wet spring waiting for the weight restrictions to come off the roads. To allow for heavy equipment to run.

We have been anxious to start the garage project as all the contents are all over the place in any space we could find to keep them protected from the rest of the winter.

Explanation of pictures are above each one......well at least to give you an idea anyway. Click on the pictures to make them bigger.

The old garage area set up on what is called breaker run. Our place is basically rock and a little bit of dirt - so we need something that forms a solid base. Quite a wild bush. We still have lots more land around the perimeter of the property that we hope to develop walking paths and open up the marsh a bit more to see the water fowl (lots of work so one thing at a time )

The after picture: This is taken from the end of the path from the house facing out to where the new garage will be. We left a large hemlock tree and a small stand of trees where we could at the secondary entrance You turn right onto our existing drive and head to the road about another 75 feet or so. It will make it so much nicer to come in with the trailers.

Before Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8853.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	366.3 KB
ID:	61376 After Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9178.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	61382

The new pull thru drive. The RV bay will have a door at each end of the garage with the drive around the outside that meets up at the side of the bunkie.

To the right where the pile of lumber waiting to be cut and split will be a new Courtesy parking spot. And we will have an extra spot at the side of the garage now too. This will make 7 spots to park - hey just enough for a small Rally Maybe next year I could see about that

Before Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8856.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	329.2 KB
ID:	61377 After Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9179.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	61383

It was very neat watching the big machine do its thing. Swinging around 360 like a carnival ride...It took the trees out like Guliver in Guliver's Travels Basically taking all the brush and leveling it out and removing the huge bolders that would be too high and then putting smaller ones in the holes to fill them up. Several of the larger stumps and root systems were hauled away.

Name:	DSC_9034.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	336.5 KB
ID:	61378

That is Haily supervising - in fact she was barking at the big tree stump just to the left of the JD that he had left over night and she was not quite sure what to make of it. All pounced up and barking up a storm she was

Name:	DSC_9058.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	366.8 KB
ID:	61379

It took 1.5 days with two trucks to bring in the breaker run and 5/8's gravel. At lest 10 loads of breaker run and 5 of the gravel. Final grading will be done once the foundation goes in.

Name:	DSC_9131.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	344.4 KB
ID:	61380 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9140.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	61381

Taken from the new entrance off our existing driveway up by the road. We will pull in to the right into the garage. A last minute decision was to clear enough room for us to drive all the way around the garage and hook up with the drive thru - that way if we did have a trailer or boat in the bay we would not have to move it. We had just enough room without taking down the hemlocks around the bunkie. We did however have to loose two nice trees - but the rest were very scrawny and diseased. We will be replanting with some nice specimen trees and shrubs.

Name:	DSC_9181.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	61384

A closer shot to show the proximity of the house - still nestled back in the trees. I have a new garden to redo to the left of the house now.

Name:	DSC_9183.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	276.1 KB
ID:	61385
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #1771
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Nice pictures Sharon, it looks so pretty!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #1772
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
progress

Wow! Wondeful pics, as usual! Nice progress! I hope that you are only watching and not doing any helping. You need to take it easy while you have that lung troubles. Don't want anything at all happening to you while you are healing!!! Let Hailey do the babysitting of the work! Looks like she is good at it.
Any word on your other building project???
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #1773
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Thanks Laura...

Long way to go to looking real pretty. Very rustic and natural at the moment with weeds galore and over grown this and that. We have some heavy work ahead and I am so far behind what I said I was going to get done this spring cause of being sick.

Even now I am lucky if I can handle 5 minutes on 5 minutes off Like I have to drag a chair around with me and puff for air- will take a bit of work to get my stamina back up. Time is crucial when you live in a place with short seasons...(except for one - huff winter) And I just created twice the work to clearing the new driveway....time for a plow I think or a tractor with a blower on it.

Lou - it is kind of a special place up here. Only draw back is we are by a road that has large trucks that run to the mine - they are on a schedule so it is only busy 2 times a day - sort of living close to railroad tracks - you get used to the truck noise - but the rest of the time it is deathly quiet. Yes I am taking it very careful and trying not to over do myself - that is a hard task mind you cause I am raring to go in mind but body says hold up girl!!

I was dead serious in wanting to holding a Women's rally here one day!!

For a mini rally at my place I could take:
5 spots up to 30' Trailers
2 spots up to 25' Trailers
2 spots up to 20' Trailers
2 spots up to 34' Trailers (rally only spots) As they would be parked one in front of the other.

I would squeeze the Ladybug somewhere else and the Overlander would pop in the new garage. The boat of course would be in the water and there is another spot we keep the boat trailer.

Electrical would be fun. 1 30 and 2 20's off the house. 1 20 and 2 15's off the Bunkie. A new wire run with 1 30 and 3 20's for the corner pads and then a 20 or 30 at the garage.

Water would be filled - not enough pressure to daisy chain that many. Possible to rent a water tank. But your own fresh water tanks would be easier. And cheaper

Dump would be by blue buggy (and I would empty our septic tank before the rally.) Most spots we could set up a sand barrel/or ground pan for the grey water disposal.

Of course I would open up the house for the shower and bathroom. And if there is someone who just can not get their trailer ready or have not found that perfect trailer but wants to join in I have the bunkie that can sleep possibly 3 - depending on how I set it up. Still room for tents tee hee but who would do that

Camp Fires no problem (just don't burn my house down)

Some spots would be tight to let out the awnings but then we have lots of shade with the trees.

I can set the house up in a way like a lodge so the main floor is all table for group eating - or we could also get a large garden tent - depending on the time of year bugs are a consideration. June July August and Fall are best - Early spring you are looking at snow and late spring bad for bugs!!

We would have access to the lake via our other property an 8 minute walk for those who want to bring canoes,kayaks and the like.

Lots of small town things to do - no huge attractions really - there are caves here too but never been so have no idea what they are like. Peterborough is the closest City and we have several towns and villages all within 15 minutes. (PS all paved roads too - that was a joke tee hee- just in case some may think I live way way way out there )

Timing - at this point just tossing ideas. Not sure I can have all this ready for next season - so 2010 or 2011 would be a more realistic time frame. By then most of you would have your passports......RIGHT

I was thinking I could even arrange that somehow people could meet and run a Caravan on the Canadian side I would come across and get cha'all.... - just in case some of your GPS go ary would not want anyone getting lost. It would be kind of fun to have a little Caravan too.

Anyway all food for thought
Old 05-30-2008, 11:24 AM   #1774
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Looking good, Sharon! When can we start planning the rally? [oooops, while I was writing that, Sharon already had rally planning on her mind]

So, as long as we're thinking way ahead, that gives us plenty of time to do it up right. And the planning is just part of the fun. We'd love to stop by for a visit when you're ready for company.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 05-30-2008, 11:31 AM   #1775
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Looking good, Sharon! When can we start planning the rally?

-J
Have to plan the RV Pad completion first...Just dropped the bomb on the honey - told him he would have to leave and then said no no wait I will need someone to dump the buggies, make the camp fires cut the wood, trouble shoot take the ladies for the boat tours - so I thought I could hire him as the Maintenance guy
Old 05-30-2008, 01:02 PM   #1776
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Larrita

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Have to plan the RV Pad completion first...Just dropped the bomb on the honey - told him he would have to leave and then said no no wait I will need someone to dump the buggies, make the camp fires cut the wood, trouble shoot take the ladies for the boat tours - so I thought I could hire him as the Maintenance guy
"Petunia" just might be able to talk Larrita into helping out with all that handy man type work too!

Sounds fabulous!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #1777
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
It's a long story, Lou, but I didn't really change my screen name. A while back I thought maybe I should have a username that didn't include "doug" since he rarely visits the forum. I set up the new name but thought I hadn't succeeded because I kept getting a message that the name was too long. Anyway, I found out later it did work, but decided it probably wasn't worth the bother of changing anymore. It came in handy when I was having trouble logging in with the old name though.
From a former MOD...you can ask a MOD to combine your two accounts into one and keep whichever name you want. If they are combined...your stats are combined and they stick with you ~

Looks like you have been busy Sharon...sick or not! Hope you're back up to snuff soon ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #1778
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Looking good, Sharon! When can we start planning the rally? [oooops, while I was writing that, Sharon already had rally planning on her mind]

So, as long as we're thinking way ahead, that gives us plenty of time to do it up right. And the planning is just part of the fun. We'd love to stop by for a visit when you're ready for company.

-J
Onezies Twozies we are good to go any time )) More than welcome to stop in for a visit - stay as long as you like too!!! we do not leave too often around here - just way too much to keep us busy - and already in the "camping zone here " really no need to travel 100's of miles to get to a camp for camping

Yes the planning is half the fun for sure!! - and gives us at the Virtually Rally something to chat about in between all the other great ideas and goodies, treats and crafts....so for sure - when I am closer to the real McCoy I can flip over to a new thread but for now heck lets just dream.....I am working on the RV Pad(s) site photos at the moment. And will post shortly....
Old 05-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #1779
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Codybear -- We used to at an Ethiopian restaurant when we lived in DC. It's really good! Wish we could have joined you for that meal.[/quote]

Hi Jamie, btw, did you eat Ethiopian food near the Ethiopian Embassy in DC?..Steve said he did when he had to work in DC

Sharon, looking terrific!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 03:10 PM   #1780
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey got my first work camper job!!!!!!! I leave in a couple of days for Port Angeles Washington to work at a campgrounds. I am excited but also is such a big milestone for me. I can't tell you how much I have been dreaming of the West coast and the mountains. Hoping to get in some great explorations and hiking and pictures during the summer season this year.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote