Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #1621
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Cheater!
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #1622
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
how cute Steph!!!!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #1623
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Now that's BIG hair, Steph, love the tent dress. I always like when everyone holds a flame, it's always so moving.

(but yeah, like Shari said. ) Looked at your profile information Steph.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:34 AM   #1624
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Hi from a newbie!

Hello!

I just stumbled onto your rally whilst exploring the vast campground that is this wonderful forum. Have a little room by the fire? I brought hot cocoa!

I have dreamed of owning and adventuring in an AS for years, and we finally bought one! A 25' FB Safari. Haven't picked it up yet, still figuring out the TV. I am so excited!!! Hoping to join you at the upcoming "We Can Tow It" Womens Rally, though it will be my first major outing (assuming we have possesion of the AS by then), and probably my first solo trip. Yikes!

Been married for nearly 17 years, and the homeschooling mom of a teen son, both of which are cool; but I love to get off by myself when I can. Recently went on a three day womens ski clinic at Stratton in So. VT. Fabulous! I dream of becoming a ski instructor, and received lots of encouragement from several of the instructors up there to go for it! If my kid didn't have a few more years of high school I would start now - though homeschooling does give us more freemom

So, part of the motivation for the AS purchase is to have a place to live when I go up there to ski and teach. About a four hour drive from my home in eastern CT. Basically, this is my/our little vacation cottage on wheels, since I want to be able to go where I want, when I want, as easily and comfortably as possible! Payments on the AS and TV will be way less than a monthly rental on a barebones place in just one of the many locations I and we want to spend time at on a regular basis Also gives me and the kiddo the freedom to go on extended explores - we are now free to move about the country!

The salesman recommended the FB unit we purchased (off lot, ordering didn't seem like an option, might be a discontinued model?) because few windows make it easier to heat in winter, non-aluminum interior mean winter condensation less of an issue, and the center bath design has the working bits all enclosed underneath, so winter camping will be less of a hassle. Also wanted a separate bedroom but the freedom to go virturally anywhere, hense the 25' (23 felt tight, 27 was lovely but 25 already seems very long for newbies!). Really liked the sofa/ dinette corner combo, lots of room for stretching out and visiting. He seemed really good at matching our hopes and dreams and needs with the unit that would suit us best (I hope so!). Went down thee just to look, he was no pressure, never thought hubby would go for it, but we left having signed the purchase papers! Still kinda freakin' out, despite years of dreaming it seems rather impulsive. Hope we can afford the payments AND the gas!

Sorry this went on so long Really just wanted to say "Hi!" and introduce myself to you all. Looking forward to meeting you in person, soon!

Cat

Join us at the "We Can Tow It" Womens Rally April 25-27 at Grand Lake St. Mary's State Park and tour the Airstream factory, the Ohio Caverns and More. Rally Details
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:36 AM   #1625
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
though homeschooling does give us more freemom

oops! typo. Freudian slip?!
Cat
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:33 AM   #1626
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Welcome, Cat! Ski instructor - what an awesome job that would be. Hope you can bring your new AS home before the rally. I'm waiting on mine as well, so I feel your impatience!

Me

and uh.. my boyfriend .. Tony Jack..

and THE DRESS

Ok, STEPH'S TURN!!
BrockLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:06 AM   #1627
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
aww Brock!!! How cute!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 11:05 AM   #1628
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Great shots Brock, love the Tony Jack one, LOL! That's a beautiful dress. What's the bird's name? I mean the other bird. Thanks for playing. She's right, Stephhhhh......

CAT Glad you found us and congratulations on your brand new Airstream. 25' is a perfect size. We love the FB layout. I do so hope you will be able to make it to the spring rally. If you can please add your name here
http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...-25;&e=418&c=1 I am excited to meet Brock and Cat, of course I am excited to meet again with my other silver sisters again too!!!

Thanks for the cocoa Cat. It's just right.

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods sisters? Who is doing what and making plans to be where? Come chat with us.

photography
Old 03-17-2008, 11:19 AM   #1629
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Have the shower ordered! and Peter has the time booked!

So we are planning to leave Friday the 18th staying the week in the area (holiday - so will be looking for things to do) May or may not bring the Kayaks....probably work on the Airstream - needs lots of stuff done still.

Still too cold to polish here....

The girls will be with us so will need places for them to run off lead - any ideas?

Have convinced Peter(Petunia) to bring the tent - just incase you Gals get really gnarly that no other "Guys" show up and he is the only one...so I have already prepped him to vacate the area and tent somewhere else His other alternative would be to buy a new Tow Vehicle and empty the Overlander of all the parts he just took out of the Excella and bring his own Airstream....the tent went over much better

Can you believe it - he has no problem with my request....gosh I sure did train that one well

We plan on leaving Sunday late afternoon to travel at night and arrive early Monday at home as we have our Land Hearing Tuesday Morning.

So no extra galavanting for me after this Rally - I think I got the nick name with Carol as Thelma and Louise last year - as I did not get home for another 5 days...
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #1630
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Have convinced Peter(Petunia) to bring the tent - only one...so I have already prepped him to vacate the area and tent somewhere else
Can you believe it - he has no problem with my request....gosh I sure did train that one well
Or it may be that having met most of us he considers that request a reprieve!!!!

photography
Old 03-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #1631
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Brock...I think we are going to get into lots of no good - I can see it in your eyes oh and nice boyfriend what a sweetie - bet ya he does exactly what he is told too

Nice evening gloves...when you get your new restored baby you will have to trade those in for the long thick green rubber kind...oh what no one told you - When you tow it you gotta empty it too That means touching some really nasty things out there......I liked the porta pottie last year - I just dumbed it down the hole with a nose plug on - but I have a rule only tinkles - any brown trouts then it is the hubbies job - until I get the real McCoy installed in LB...Geesh I thought it was only guys that spoke of this stuff...

I remember a bridesmaid dress that colour - for Peters sisters wedding....

Nice Photos - and thanks for being a sport and posting....Now if we can just get that Steph to play fair You know steph I have a lot of head shots I could just photoshop you into an amazing wedding party...

Cat - a BIG WELCOME!! You will not be sorry with your choice of Airstreams - I too sure hope you can make it - this Rally is shaping up to be a really fine one!!!

Can not wait to see you all.....
Old 03-19-2008, 11:40 AM   #1632
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Hey ladies! Fun stuff is going on in Ambassador-land. My contractor is working SOLELY on my AS for the next 2 weeks! I am going to be in town on Friday (he is from my parents' area which is about 3 hours away from me) so maybe I can snag some pictures. I am soooosososooso stoked!

Sounds like I won't be the only one merrily building (ok, so watching building), eh Sharon? Grats on the new shower! When is it due to arrive?

Carol, that bird is my only girl! Her name is Anka, which means Black Eagle in Quechan. Very appropos, huh?

I'll give the "green glove" jobs to Tony Jack! I can delegate, right? I mean, I'll still tow...

Quote:
Brock...I think we are going to get into lots of no good - I can see it in your eyes
Oh, but what's that Mae West says? When I'm good, I'm good. But when I'm bad, I'm better...

Good month ahead! Starting to get some warmer weather here, and need I say how close the rally is getting?!
BrockLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #1633
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Brock - that would be so great to see some pictures - so there is now way you can just grab it for the weekend?

We got the call that the shower is ready now and I am about to place my order at VTS for yet another basket full of new parts.

Airstream Inc has been wonderful!! Peter is going to have a ball chatting with the Techies there. I think he now wants to take Friday off and get their for Friday before noon Travel through the night - he has been out measuring the bathroom all up.

But I have tried to tell him to stay focused - Galley and bed comes before bathroom - bathroom is for the holidays and the living room will be when you get home along with the polishing for me.

Hey Laura lets see lets see - take a picture of the cover and post it for us to see.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #1634
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Have convinced Peter(Petunia) to bring the tent - just incase you Gals get really gnarly that no other "Guys" show up and he is the only one...so I have already prepped him to vacate the area and tent somewhere else His other alternative would be to buy a new Tow Vehicle and empty the Overlander of all the parts he just took out of the Excella and bring his own Airstream....the tent went over much better
Sharon what is going on? That's awful why should he have to do that?

Hey Cat welcome looking forward to meeting you!!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:15 PM   #1635
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Cheater!
I knew you'd be jealous of my silver highlights!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:31 PM   #1636
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Sharon what is going on? That's awful why should he have to do that?
No worries Steph..just having a bit of fun. Peter really does not want to get in the way of the Girls weekend if he ends up being the only fellow there. But just kidding about the tent.

Besides is it not still chilly in April - I have no heater in the LadyBug

Besides Peter might feel a bit intimidated with 8 females around And you really don't want to see me get jealous not a pretty sight
Old 03-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #1637
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Hey Sharon,
April in Ohio? Cold for Canadians?? Naaahhh...balmy!

Guess my concern is that noone should feel bad about bringing a man a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! I'd hate to miss meeting new rivettes cause of that. That's just my take you know.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:30 PM   #1638
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
We're still waiting Steph...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
I knew you'd be jealous of my silver highlights!
No...I just wanna see the real deal! I have my own silver highlights these days!
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #1639
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet

I'm feeling left out these days! We'll be within range of the WCTI rally but off by being about 5 days early on our way home from Gulf Shores. I can hardly bear to miss an opportunity to see my sister Rivettes - I miss you!!!! I can't believe it's been already a year since our history making 1st rally. What an idea Carol had. Thanks Carol!!

I wonder what the conditions will be by then in MI. You just never know which way it'll go. Windy here in GS lately but sunny most days - another beauty today + more tomorrow predicted. < there, some sunny smiles for you all. I also have some rich hot chocolate to all. Cools off around 5 ish in the afternoon and is in the 40's or lower overnite here.

Enjoy evening gals,

sue

ps Welcome to our newest Silver Sister, Cat!!!
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #1640
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Sue, are you coming to the rally then?