Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2008, 09:57 PM   #1301
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjan
I'm soooooo new and overwhelmed right now, but am heartened by your honesty and am smiling at your humorous responses. I can't back up a trailer either so my solution was to buy a sad, old, really really short Argosy motorhome.... (As I tally up what needs to be done I'm wondering who has more loose rivits...me or The Twinkie.) My "friend" who'se mechanical support lasted about a week, bailed on me so I'm on my own with Twinkie's problems. Yesterday I had a luff in my puff (sailor talk for a sloppy flappy wobbly sail) but today I've trimmed my sails, altered my headings some.....and am hitting the forums with gusto. My motivation? When I was newly married we backpacked, then we tented it, then we trailered it and then we divorced and ever since I've missed the smell of trees and the sound of birds at first light as the forest wakes and the taste of that first cup of coffee standing around a hot fire....while watching the wild and scenic river flow by. Hiking the river trails with my fly fishing rod in the morning, reading a good book or napping during the heat of the day was such a luxury, not to mention making new friends, pot lucks and laughter shared around an evening camp fire with friends. I've been divorced for decades and am content. I no longer have parents to care for and its time to take my life back.. At some point when I have more confidence in me and that the Twinkie will make it from point A to point B and back and that it no longer leaks like a sieve when it sits under 6" of snow, I hope to lock up the house and hit the road with my "girls" (the female feline fur balls) ...Sooty and Kamakazi Kitty...but that's my goal and I reserve the right to change that at any time......so I"ll get her dried out, do some calking on her top side and.....hmmmm then perhaps I should start with an oil change. please be patient "....for I know not what I do"
Hey what a coincidence Jan! I am a sad, old, really really short person so I already feel a huge affinity to your new Argosy motorhome. Alright, so I hope you smiled, I am not that witty, but we sure would like to see you smiling around our campfire tonight.

Seriously those little Argosy motorhomes are the coolest rigs I have seen. I think the two of you will be wonderful for each other. And once Sharon chimes in the two of you will be able to tweak up anything Airstream ever made. And maybe Michelle will show up too. Oh I imagine there are lots of ladies here that can offer their expertise. In the end you will be glad that "friend" bailed on you because you will have the satisfaction and the knowlege and a job well done.

Getting back to to those wonderful camping experiences you described is fortunately something you can do without having to travel very far from home so you hopefully will be able to start the adventure locally soon and possibly get some work done on location to tide you over before your big trip out.

Do you like sweets? I just happen to have a bag of those little Dove promises and some fresh coffee, have a seat. Coffee for any of you other gals tonight? Here Jan, there is a saying inside the wrappers. What's yours say? "If they can do it, you know you can." WOW isn't that the truth. You can DO it!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #1302
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I dont drink coffee, how about some hot Coco for me? But ill have a Dove if you dont mind Carol
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #1303
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Jan - a big welcome to the forums and of course to the Silver Sisters.....

Oh my please tell me that you bought a little greenn and white one from Califonia - sold by an older gentleman????? I am so so curious - 2 years ago - I came as close as a hair - to buying it. I had some pics and called the gentleman and spoke with him for an hour on the phone. Turned out his son lived right here in Peterborough - what a small world.

My biggest question was - if I flew out - would it be road worthy enough to drive 8000 miles

So don't keep us all in too much of a suspense - post pics real fast....

Number one rule - do not use Caulking - you will regret it two minutes after when it still leaks and you have to spend 10 hours to remove it - But that is your first priority - get her sealed up and dry - then take care of her mechanically - then move to the interior appliancs and then the cosmetics - IMHO

Have a lot of fun - and by all means fire the questions - no question is a silly question....

I agree with Carol - your descriptive and where you live is but a step out to your backyard....actually I could not help notice that your description was very nice - do you write books???

PS how short is short???
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:44 AM   #1304
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Here you go Laura, and how about some whipped cream in that? YUM!

Sharon that's agreat idea about posting pictures. In fact wouldn't it be nice if we all drove in to the online rally with our rigs and posted a picture. So many Airstreams and all different. I love Open Houses.

photography
Old 02-03-2008, 06:54 AM   #1305
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Welcome Jane!! You'll find all the support you need here on the forums and this thread and yes my dear, you'll learn to hitch up w/o thinking twice!!

The Rivette motto: "We Can Tow It" ........ and so can you!!

Good luck in your search for your "baby".

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:56 AM   #1306
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
ahh oouww yawn and stretch....can smell the fire and the coffee from the LB - I hope you all don't mind that I parked a little closer to the fire - shy a few services in the girl and need the heat from the fire

I will make you all some banana and apple pancakes this morning - with maple syrup and butter - hmmm yumm.....

Line up Gals

PS - any first thing in the morning tea drinkers out there? I have wildberry steeping in my stainless tea pot - funny they say stainless I like to let my pot get black inside - an english tradition - you do not wash your pot too many times - all to do with the flavor....only rinse - no soap - but once every while she gets tossed into the dishwasher for a new tea build up....
Old 02-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #1307
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
superbowl treats

Hi All, Just got back from the superbowl party at our son's place..there's still some tiramisu extra slices?..anyone want some..or how 'bout some freshly made biscotti w/some coffee??? pass your plate..and what a surprising upset, huh?..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4964aa.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	53652   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4998bb.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	53653  

codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:54 PM   #1308
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
OMG!!! Pancakes this morning now biscotti and tiramisu, I am in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

photography
Old 02-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #1309
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Carol!..did you watch the game?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:27 PM   #1310
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Paula, your treats are amazing! Brad said it was a good game. I watched a few commercials. But I still wanted the big game snacks.

photography
Old 02-03-2008, 11:42 PM   #1311
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Ditto on the snacks, Carol!!!..and I brought my laptop so I could watch my own dvd, when I wanted to watch that too!!..it was a Shirley Temple one..btw, can't take credit for the tiramisu..we found that at our local grocery store..maybe someday I'll try the recipe..have you made tiramisu?
Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 AM   #1312
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
No I have never tried to make it. You are a fan of sports like me then, lol. Which Shirley Temple movie was it? I am a fan. And I love movies...and popcorn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't eat all day long I only think about it all day long.

photography
Old 02-04-2008, 08:02 AM   #1313
1 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
hi there! Wellllll, i am going to my first Rally this week. The Texas Vintage Rally in Montgomery Texas. Is anyone else going? Of course, i do not have an Airstream yet but I am going to look at all the Airstreams that are there and talk to everyone about everything! I am excited! i am still looking for a 19-22 International ( I ThinK ) I have a lead or two and will be checking into those this week. If anyone has a suggestion or knows someone who is going, i would appreciate getting your input. I live in Houston so I will be there during the day. Have a great day and thanks.
quantumair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:31 AM   #1314
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I watched the game and was SO HAPPY to see the Giants win. I wish I could go camping, Carol, Sharon, Tin, how about we make a winter trip somewhere, I cant take it anymore!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #1315
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
I watched the game and was SO HAPPY to see the Giants win. I wish I could go camping, Carol, Sharon, Tin, how about we make a winter trip somewhere, I cant take it anymore!!!

Ha ha ha What would you have us poor ladies do sleep out in the snow!!!

Mine is out of commission, Carols is out of commission - who is Tin? did I miss someone if so - help me out Laura as I did assign you to be the new Welcome Wagon Lady a while back

I know how you are feeling Laura - it is tough to experience - but as you get older patience will prevail - it finally worked for me but it does take a while It has taken me almost 47 years to obtain a respectible amount of patience.

That is why we have this Virtually Rally going - so just close your eyes and pretend we have travelled somewhere and stop bringing us back to reality by saying we have not gone anywhere by saying you want to go somewhere

I have the LB shroud in to warm up so I can tape it all back to somewhat of a weather element protector until I can get in to Ohio to get a new shroud and my new shower.

Food we need food and the fire is getting a little lax Ladies - whose turn is it to get wood? - hey Laura you are itching to do something how about a Chord of wood you can stack it right over there just a couple of feet from the LB.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #1316
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Do you ever remember the LPPI rally Sharon? Did you see how we got a fire going, me and AirPyro burned about a whole tree within a night. Are you sure you want me to be in charge of the Fire and wood? Tin= Steph. I have been reading all the Airstream Lifes I can get my hands on. And Listening to the VAP podcasts as much as I can, just so I can have some enjoyment.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #1317
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
That winter rondezvous rally in NH early March sounds like a blast. Snowtubing on Saturday and a pj party. Not sure when marlo is having the baby but I sure would like to go to that rally. The cabins look great and can share at 86 dollars a night. They are not rustic and have all the creature comforts. Good WBCCI group that one.

photography
Old 02-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #1318
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
No I have never tried to make it. You are a fan of sports like me then, lol. Which Shirley Temple movie was it? I am a fan. And I love movies...and popcorn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't eat all day long I only think about it all day long.
Good Morning Carol,or is it almost noon!..I have a 3 dvd collection of Shirley Temple: Bright Eyes is the one I was watching..such pathos and drama for a little tyke like Shirley..
Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #1319
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Had to do a search to familiarize myself with that one. First time Shirley sings on the good ship lollipop. I seem to remember the doll scene though, was pretty tough. Always the little orphan girl with a heart of gold, have that kleenex ready! What spirit she had!

photography
Old 02-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #1320
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
I have the Hiedi with Shirley Temple in it, its my favorite movie with her.