Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #1241
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
So how are our plans for our 08 rally coming Tin Sista?

Welcome all, I hope you all enjoy Airstreaming as much as I do, I love it, and it too is a free feeling for me.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #1242
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Thumbs up

Hey everyone

Lurker & newbie here too

24 yr old single gal. I've had my 72 Ambassador since June - my first non-tent! She was taken by my contractor just before Christmas (Merry Christmas to ME!) to get a major rebuild to be hopefully completed by summer. I'm going to try to do some of it myself as well.

Then if all goes well, by fall I'll be working on the road with my parrots.

Loving the conversations in this thread. Many of you are a real inspiration. Nice to meet you girls!

Brock
BrockLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #1243
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockLives
Hey everyone

Lurker & newbie here too

24 yr old single gal. I've had my 72 Ambassador since June - my first non-tent! She was taken by my contractor just before Christmas (Merry Christmas to ME!) to get a major rebuild to be hopefully completed by summer. I'm going to try to do some of it myself as well.

Then if all goes well, by fall I'll be working on the road with my parrots.

Loving the conversations in this thread. Many of you are a real inspiration. Nice to meet you girls!

Brock
Hi Brock;

A nice big welcome to you too - nope I am not the welcoming comittee tee hee - I grant Laura that honor Cause she just has so much energy...(not that I have any granting powers either

I was just in from outside in this balmy 40+ weather - checking things out for the ensuing freeze over----nothing worse than things freezing in - one thing snowed in but ice is a killer....

So I am diging out the LB and putting planks and raising her up so that I can pull her up out of the water - about 4 inches the wheels are sitting in now.

Also have to dig out some extra sump hose - so that we can get the water further away from the foundation...another permanent fix in the spring. We have to re-route it from our addition and just well did not have time before winter set in.

So anyway you have to elaborate girls - on the road with Parrots - tell us more that is so interesting in itself - but would love to hear more and see pics of your parrots.....we love birds here have you noticed......
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #1244
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' International CCD
Bakersfield , California
HI GT 1963-
I LOVE MY TRAILER!! I think the back desk is standard in all 22 foot International CCD- It is a great place to work (I can leave my work out ..and still eat dinner at the table ) But the idea of a small couch there is appealing too- since it does not have one.. how do you go about finding a small couch to fit there?? See- I told you I was green!
I am really excited about the rally- they sound like my cup of tea, exactly!! I am already planning what to bring to the potluck- ok- I need a life!!
Thanks for your encouragement- I know 2008 is going to be better!!

Airstream JOY
airstreamJOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #1245
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' International CCD
Bakersfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
A big Welcome - AirstreamJoy!

Hey what a great group to hook up with - those Silver Bells out west know how to live it up.

Just want to wish you all the best in your new life - it is always a great step to know what makes you happy first!!! then the living can start happening for all around you but more importantly for yourself.

I learned that one this summer - you are no good to any of your family if you are unhappy with yourself

If you are ever out east - you be sure to look us up - not sure which group samples more wine could you just imagine if the east and the west got together for a Rivette Rally - OH MY!

PS I have been looking at the 06 22' CCD International - tossing the idea around of trading my vintage in for a newer model. If it were not for our crisis with the Garage cave in at Christmas - I might have been able to convince the Hubby.

Do they all come with that little desk at the back - I was thinking if I got one I would convert that to a nice little "L" couch - something like what is in the back of the 69 GlobeTrotter/Carvel - but just a little shorter on the curbside - and it would not pull out to be a bed - well I suppose it could and be a kids bed or better yet a nice big dog bed - so that the Humans could have the other beds to themselves.

You have any pics you could share.....
I am going to take some today- with lower pixels, so I can post..have I said this yet..I LOVE MY TRAILER??
airstreamJOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #1246
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Thanks Sharon! I'm not averse to multiple welcoming committees...

4 inches of water, wow. We got a storm here last year that covered my car with about 1 1/2 inches of ice, and I thought that was bad! Luckily you have a little time to get things together.

Laura - I want to hear from you. I read you are a young buck like me (well, young doe)

Give me a few minutes to figure out picture attachments and I'll share some parrot stories!

Brock
Old 01-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #1247
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Iam a young one, but a WILD one, between Sharon, Carol, Steph and myself, lets just say its a great time, between midnight dips in the pool and drinking. But how did I get on the welcoming committee? Im going to scare everyone away. Brock, if you want im going into the chatroom, if you want to join me in there!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #1248
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
wow you are an RN.

hey all you Western Gals - you have it made in the shade (gosh that saying is dating me a bit now isn't it) You have a new AirstreamJOY and she is an RN - you know what that means - you have a safety net - for the wine tasting - tee hee...no secrets being told here - what happens at a rally stays at a rally and especially a Rivette Rally

I have been eyeing the 22CCD. for a while. I know Paula has one - not sure if it is for sale - but if I had some "new" money I sure would give her an offer. But perhaps by the end of 2008 I will have enough to put one on my Yukon

Work - hmm if it does not fit in my lap top it has no business being with me The days of paper - are long gone for me. but a little comfy couch or oversize leather chair where I could have my lap top perched nicely - would be right up my alley.

RVsurplus.com - They list a lot of surplus furniture. But if you visit the actual place in Indiana you can score some pretty perfect fitting pieces - with a little handywoman maneuvering we can pretty much do anything in these little silver beauties.

I like the desk too - IF I was a traveling workaholic - but I am not I would be a traveling lazyholic for sure....

I loved my little 21 69 too and am still kicking myself for selling her - but will leave the jury out until we finish the LadyBug and then see how it goes.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #1249
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
OK, so how did I get on this Committee Sharon? LOL

Old 01-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #1250
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Tha parrots - First off - sorry if these are too big. I can resize if it's a problem!

I have 3 of them, 2 talkers, all fliers. They're all so smart and great buddies.

Beau, the green one, is my smallest and my best friend. He's a green-cheeked conure. We used to live on the west coast. When I moved, he drove across country with me. He's also been on 2 North-south road trips on the east coast. He's the best talker. When I turn out the lights at night, he says "Wake up."

This is Jimmy Bullet the white-capped parrot:

And Anka the greater vasa parrot (her name is Incan for Black Eagle). She's still a baby.

I probably would have posted this an hour ago, but got too busy on chat made a fast and WILD friend.

Brock
Old 01-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #1251
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
OK, so how did I get on this Committee Sharon? LOL
Well ask Brock why you were nominated by a committee of one to be the social welcoming committee???

So I take it you did not leave the chat room L.

Brock your parrots are great - I almost bought a couple of parrolets last year when we were hunting for a Bird for my parents. They have always been dog owners and I could tell they were starting to get a little down not having any pets - Dad has enough to take care of so I thought a bird would be reasonable and Mom loves Birds....well we ended up getting a Canary and it was the best present we could have bought them! What a huge difference even a small pet makes in peoples lives - he (Pepi) is a beautiful singer and actually has grown quite attached to them both and reacts to lots of things they do and say. Best of all the house is not quiet all the time.

They don't know it yet but in the new place we hope to have a little spot we can make a nice big flight cage - so that they can add a few more birds.

Laura you are not wild are you? I know I am not and Laura can vouch for that can't you "dear"... I will see if I can find a pic of Mom's bird
Old 01-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #1252
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
SURE, ill vouch for ya, she is an Angel, never would hurt anything, or be wild, like drinking, and swimming, NO WAY, not her LOL

Old 01-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #1253
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockLives
4 inches of water, wow. We got a storm here last year that covered my car with about 1 1/2 inches of ice, and I thought that was bad! Luckily you have a little time to get things together.......
Brock

Well have the tongue free the stabilizers out and the chocks free as well - just have to get inside and secure everything for her 400 foot trip down the drive to her new spot. In the open air garage

There is still power out there and lots of room to work on a flat surface.

I thought it was 4 inches - but it was 2 plus some ice which meant a hot water bucket brigade to get her free... so I have to pull her out of the hole now before it turns cold....

Brock you hare a hop skip and a jump - from IvyLea Bridge - where we normally cross into the States unless of course we are heading to MI then we cross at Sarnia.....Don't like the Detroit crossing I always GET LOST!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #1254
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
SURE, ill vouch for ya, she is an Angel, never would hurt anything, or be wild, like drinking, and swimming, NO WAY, not her LOL

referencing hurt - you me thy self???
Old 01-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #1255
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
SURE,.....like drinking, and swimming, NO WAY, not her LOL
But I thought you only do that sort of thing when you are in your 20's
Old 01-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #1256
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Yum - just made some - Blueberry chocolate, nut muffins - 2 dozen.

That is so I can at least have a few before Peter eats them all!

Time for a glass of wine too - it is Happy Hour!!

Hey G since we can't do it in Florida we can still do it here at the best darn Rally ever!!!

I love the Arm Chair Rallying how about you? Saves on the gas prices
Old 01-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #1257
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Oh no Sharon, you can blame this on me LOL. I received mt WBCCI packet today, so I'm offical!

Old 01-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #1258
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Okay- so where is everyone - the fire is having a tough time going these days - with all the wet wood

The terrible rain and wind for the past 3 days has finally subsided. We are back to 0c 30's - most of the snow is gone closer to town - we still have a fair bit - but all the paths are clear and we can see grass. Icey drive though.

Well our big day is tomorrow - the Minor Variance Hearing is in the morning - our third kick at the can - we can not go any smaller with this house - or we may parents may as well live in a 34' trailer down at the water - (which would be nice too but real real cold in the winter) When we get our green light tomorrow (being real positive and optimisitic) We should have the parents in their new house by June!!

One of my first projects is to design a new Patio Pond - to house my Dad's Gold fish. Right now they are bunkin in with mine. Anyone else have fish? and do you winter them inside??

My set up is a bit primative - with a cow watering trough and magazine rack as a filter tower but it provides the room for all the fish. they hang out in our basement. I did have mine in a smaller barrel upstairs in my bathroom but it was not very becoming.

I also have fancy goldfish (4) in a Tank upstairs that are my indoor fish.
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1413.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	52336

Name:	100_1414.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	52337

Name:	100_1415.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	52338

Well I am off to find some dry wood - and pour a coffee with a little pickme up baileys....anyone out there want a cup?
Old 01-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #1259
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
NO WAY, Baileys, no thanks, its all you!

Old 01-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #1260
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Thanks, Sharon, the Bailey's is ALWAYS welcome here, and it will warm up our raw day, rain, blustery wind, chill. I have my mind set on April 14; I know the world will then be green and burgeoning and the sky will be wild and blue. I smiled at your fish. We no longer have a small fish pond since we moved and found a 1/2 acre fishing pond instead. But in town, we had a small fish pond where our fish lived year after year outdoors, through the freezing winter. Our pond was 3' deep at its deepest, which must have been deep enough to protect them through the winter. We passed our pond fish on to our daughter who also enjoys outdoor gardening/ puttering. Isn't it amazing how many creatures we cherish on our lands? Nice pictures of yours ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote