Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #1201
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Good oh for you Jamie -

I figured that the windshield wash would not harm the clear coat of the trailer - or the car industries would have been up in arms years and years ago - cause you know when you spray your windshield that stuff gets all over your car...

Not sure how many of us Canuks actually change out to the bug spray in the summer- I know we don't so it runs all over the paint jobs year round

I hear you and sympathize with you more than you will ever know on the Snow and Ice - but it is starting to grow on us now...And we still have to face January, February AND March - so we may as well conceed and just plan ahead and make things safe and enjoyable.

Get lots of aching muscle remedies in and make sure the Propane tank is full at all times - so that the hot jacuzzis will not be in jeopardy.

One thing is for sure though - it is so amazingly pretty to look at - when you are nice and warm and not shoveling it

The Snow Blower is back in full working order - after Peter and I froze our butts off last night fixing it - outside - why tee hee - cause their ain't no garage

And Jamie heads up - we are getting another storm coming across this weekend - and it might dip as low to your place. You did get quite a bit of snow - you must be sitting in one of those snow pockets - as we are.

I went out yesterday and it seems that just our house got hit with a ton of snow and everyone else had reasonable snow

Happy Baking all - and wrapping up those last minute items that Santa could not get to cause he has been shoveling too!!!!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:48 AM   #1202
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Thanks for all your suggestions. The Elves decided to go with the easiest solution first -- the winter windshield washer in a spray bottle -- and it worked! The Christmas bundle of goodies is saved! I should've know our Canadian member would pull through on this one. She's probably an elf in disguise, with lots of experience dealing with gifts locked behind frozen doors.

I can't believe how much ice and snow is on that trailer now. We're getting more this morning and there's already another 6-7" on top already. I'll get a picture later today, when it's supposed to stop. (must....believe.... snow... will....stop...someday). So far no closed schools in our winter-hardy town though. Just a few delayed starts. A bummer for the kids.

Anybody got a spare cookie and some cocoa today for a weary snow shoveler who can't seem to get any baking in edgewise?

-J
Hi Jamie,
The sun is shining today..and we do have snow in the foothills..have some hot cocoa on me, please..and w/marshmellow and or/whipped cream to top it off if your heart desires
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:03 PM   #1203
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
ps..Aria, here's my frog I finished today..to keep the ducks company in the pond
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4359.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	51251  
Old 12-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #1204
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
ha ha ha love the frog with a fly swatter, hey he's cheating Very cute Paula.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #1205
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Carol,

Haha, what can I say, he's a lazy dude frog!
Old 12-21-2007, 07:53 AM   #1206
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Put your feet up and relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Anybody got a spare cookie and some cocoa today for a weary snow shoveler who can't seem to get any baking in edgewise? -J
Hey Jamie,
Finals all done? Have a lukken cookie and some cocoa, this kind has just a little hazelnut in it...you deserve a break, hmmm all that school work, full time mom/wife duty....hope you get time for yourself this holiday!! Glad you could get the presents out--knew you would anyhow!! Kudos for all your hard work!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lukken.gif
Views:	81
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	51289  
Old 12-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #1207
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Steph,

Those lukken cookies are beautiful..can you share your recipe? you have to have a special baking appliance for them?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:15 AM   #1208
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Hi Steph -- those lukken look gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Me too on the recipe, please, and what is that little gadget with the cookie on it? Is it a press? It looks like an antique. Is it yours?

Codybear -- very cute lazy frog! I love it! How do you fire your ceramics? Do you have a kiln at home?

Thanks for the heads up on the new snow coming this way, Sharon. I'm about ready to just stock up on food through March and fuhget about it. We've gone from shoveling to tunneling now. I heard this morning that Massachusetts hasn't seen this much snow in December since 1970! Looks like're headed for a new record. I agree with you about it being beautiful though. Our woods are white!

Carol -- no art projects going on this winter , so sad. Almost done with my class though. Just the final exam in mid-January. One of my classes in the spring is a little artsy though, so that'll be fun. Then I'm done with it and I can paint to my heart's content.

I'm putting the teapot on for anybody who needs to take the chill off of the day. Stay warm and cozy everyone, and enjoy the holidays!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:25 AM   #1209
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Good Morning Jamie,

Guess I should go get something to eat/drink, it's actually brunch time by now!..was going to start cleaning up all my jpg files I've been keeping on my desktop and laptop the last couple of years..yikes, what a chore!

re: the lazy frog: I've been using Sculpey..cool polymer clay: sculpt, bake, then paint..
What kind of classes are you taking?
Old 12-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #1210
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow Steph - look at the size of those cookies - that could be a meal for me!!!

I was given a little tin of butter cookies - and I have almost polished them off and have nothing for Christmas tee hee...

I love the Frog with the swatter CB! You need to make a whole bunch of trees and then have your own little "Chatter Woods" criter festival - what a cool kids play toy that would be - instead of a doll house have a critter forest - PS Chattering Woods is the name of our "estate" if you can call a swamp and a few trees an estate tee hee - sounds good anyway

Well no sooner we get one thing sorted another happens around here - poor Mom's kidneys are packing in so she is on alert watch over Christmas and will be going on dialysis early in the new year - all our chins are up though and we were prepared for this - just did not expect it to happen this fast.

House plans are finally moving forward with a new hearing date of Jan 11 so Parents are very happy!!

We were going to have Christmas here - but we have changed plans and now going to do the dinner Christmas Eve day - and relax on Christmas Day - I will cook most here at the house then we will drive it over to Mom and Dads - so glad we are that close now. We thought it would be safer to be as close as possible to emergency services under the circumstances.

They are calling for lots of rain over the next few days and then snow on Christmas again.

My new 24" iMac that was not arriving until the new year had a surprise delivery today.. so I am excited to have something to play with over the holidays

Have had a repreave on the snow shoveling for a day

Had posted a Card on the other forum thread - but thought it would be nice to share this latest one with the Silver Sisters - cause it is Pretty

May you all of you have a wonderful Holiday with Family and Friends. And those traveling travel safe.

Name:	Dec Photo 5 copy.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	782.6 KB
ID:	51318

Wow I tried a new file size - and when you click on the photo it comes real big!!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:02 PM   #1211
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
you got an imac instead of a macbook?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:09 PM   #1212
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
you got an imac instead of a macbook?
Yes...I have a perfectly good PowerBookG4 and very upgradable - but just not enough power to work on my music files - and it will not hold the Logic Express Software program - I wanted the new OS 10.5 along with the iLife 08 and this was the route to go.

I love the 24" screen - and it is still very Portable - like I can travel with it if I wanted to. - But the lap top is still great for portability and e-mail -and if I am working on a single music file it will be fine here and there...

I am also getting back into desk top publishing - so both will be a great compliment to each other.

I was just saying to Carol that I need a new key board for my G4 - as I have warn off my letters ERTASDNM and a nice patch on the space bar

How is your elbow these days - all healed up???

I re-aggrevated my shoulder/neck the other day shoveling - but I am living with it...The Black Current Merlot helps - along with the Rye and EggNog this time of year
Old 12-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #1213
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I have a G4 keyboard, you can have it if you buy my G4 LOL.

The elbow is ok, still hurts, but it will be okay, for the first day or so I thought I might have broke it, but now, just a bruise and a goose egg is all that remains, the pain isnt as bad.

Stupid Ice, and Snow, I tell you what.

So Sharon, you going to Bozeman?

Old 12-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #1214
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale

So Sharon, you going to Bozeman?

Nope building a house in stead
Old 12-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #1215
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
great, so I can come stay with you whenever, right? HA

Old 12-21-2007, 08:30 PM   #1216
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
My Driveway is open to any Rivette Any Time of the Year

We can give you 15 possibly 30 amp by summer and water - spring water that is and if you have to we can blue buggy your meals into the septic - uuuuuyuk did I just say what I did....

The house we are building is the waterfront lot with my Parents.

We are not moving from this spot of paradise!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:34 PM   #1217
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
nice, well I need to come visit you sometime, I do need to go to PA to see someone, and Im going to FL for a week for work in April. But i do need to make a trip up there!

Old 12-21-2007, 08:37 PM   #1218
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
You are more than welcome Laura!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #1219
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Thanks, want me to bring from Pelicans too?

Old 12-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #1220
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
If they are the Forn*&^%$ ing ones then by all means - it might liven the area up a bit - but we don't get much wind in the forest so they might be dormant

Ask Andy if you can borrow his...