Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2007, 08:36 AM   #1121
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Lou I am so sorry about your dad. Please accept my sincere condolences.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:48 PM   #1122
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hello all,
Lou, I'm so sorry to hear about your father.

Well, sorry no one has heard from me in awhile, I was out of the state in KY to visit my sister. On the way home I went to Jackson Center and took a tour of the Airstream plant. Since I was the only one going on the tour, I got a special VIP tour. He tour guide was sick so I got a guy who has been working for Airstream for over 20 years. We went into every trailer along the line, watched the water tests, how the frame is leveled and more, it was wonderful. Hour and a half later I went to the gift shop and bought some goodies!! A trip to remember, if you ever go, go on the tour, not just because it is so kick butt, but because you get 10 percent off in the store.

Hope everyone is having a good winter, I personally fell on the ice giving me a nice goose egg on my elebow, thought I broke it for a little while, until I could move it again. Other than that, life is great!!!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #1123
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow Laura - sounds like you really did get the royal tour of the plant..

Now all you need is one of those Canadian Mounties as your tour guide the next time and you will have a tour to really remember....

Then again those fancy firefighter types are pretty nice to look at

Glad you are doing well. Are you all set for the holidays???

Sorry to hear about your goose egg...

I have been nursing a strained shoulder and neck for about 2 weeks now and getting really anxious to get moving on so many things -computer and piano has been unbearable....but life is too short to let the set backs get you down..so I just worked on the things I could do - eat and drink - not so bad eh???

Well as everyone is getting geared up to travel south - lucky stiffs - we are still shoveling snow - records snows in years - here for December..we were spoiled last year - with not having our first snow until Jan 12....

thinking of shoveling now - but a Rye and Eggnog sounds much better - tink tink Ladies.....hope all your travels are safe....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #1124
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Laura, I have a matching gooseegg on my left side butt where I went down on our driveway hard, but like you, I could move, so must not be broken. Everyone in winterland out there, walk softly and carry a big walking stick! ~G PS, our ice is still on, tree limbs still frozen down to the ground, and we are promised 6-9 inches of snow tomorrow. How about you?
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #1125
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I thought I would post some snow shots for all those poor hard done by southerners

This is our little spot of winter. A small marsh that is now well frozen over a great spot for the dogs to run. Front and Back yard - a very lonely and cold Ladybug - and the winter walker along with the resident snowblower....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0803.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	50857   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0910.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	50858  

Name:	100_0931.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	50859   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0939.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	50860  

Name:	100_0954.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	50861   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0960.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	50862  

Name:	100_0964.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	50863   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0966.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	50864  

Name:	100_0975.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	50865  
Old 12-14-2007, 04:03 PM   #1126
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Sharon,
'Cool' pix..thnx for sharing..and here's a few little sculptures I just completed
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_4276.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	50876   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4298.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	50877  

Name:	100_4311.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	50878  
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #1127
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
CB - those are so cute - you can hang the bee with the bears ??

I got a bear in a row boat with a bunch of rods and tackle hanging off it for the ladies Xmas lunch - I love tree ornaments - all diferent kinds...

speaking of trees and decorations I best set to and get mine set up - since I am now staying this end for Xmas: (was hoping to be on the road south) oh well must be something different in store for me this winter - just don't know what yet....
Old 12-14-2007, 07:39 PM   #1128
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sharon, wonderful pics! Your place looks winter wonderland magical for you and Peter...and your dogs. Merry Christmas! ~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 12-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #1129
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Sharon, those photos really do invoke the atmosphere of your northern winters. Love the birdhouse in the snow, and the froliking labs, and you're lovely house looking so cozy! And silver does go well with snow, doesn't it? Laybug's looking good.
Growing up in Hawaii, I can barely cope with the California winter (toes get too cold to wear flips...) No way I could handle the work it takes to survive in those snowy climes. But my sister lives in Alaska and loves it. Go figure.
Sure do admire those of you who cope with the harsh weather to enjoy the equally exteme beauty.
Happy Silver Holidays!
Janet
janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:22 PM   #1130
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Hey Sharon lovely photos, wish we had that much snow!
I love your walking stick, that is so cool!!

Paula those sculptures are great!!

Happy holidays sisters!! One more week of school for my son and then yippee winter break!! Hope we can get some sledding in, need more snow....
Old 12-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #1131
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Thanks ~G, Janet and Steph for the kudos on the pics...in a way it is just as pretty in the summer as in the winter - if it is a nice winter..sunny and warm - Wow could I do with a bit of Hawaii right about now

Steph the stick is a maple branch I found the first year here. I wanted to strip the bark so I soaked it in the jacuzzi. I had a terrible mess after. Well several weeks after I had forgotten all about it - and poured a nice tub for an enjoyable evening . Well the jets went on and spewed all the pieces of bark all into the water
Never a dull moment
Old 12-14-2007, 09:27 PM   #1132
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Now who to pity or who to envy? Janet's toes are cold but she is going to Hawaii and Sharon is working hard to move that snow but it's a winter wonderland. I'd love to visit both ends of this weather spectrum and my silver sisters, until then I wish you all a very happy holiday.

Brad and I will be heading down to Florida for the forums rally, Can Opener 08 in Santa Rosa Beach for New Year's. First a quick stop at Airstream of Arkansas to meet Gene Morris (Airhog) and pick up Brad's 2007 23' Signature International!!! Yup, aluminitus is deadly...but what a way to go! You really didn't expect me to share my Airstream, now did you?!! Now that Brad is retired we would like to travel more and possibly work on the road. I know Brad would love to get a job outdoors in Yellowstone or any of the National parks, as would I. Or we can scour the countryside looking for that perfect place or just take in all the gorgeous sights and work on photography. But it did become apparent that Airstream has not built a unit large enough for this crazy crew aka Brad, me, Baron, Orie and Kee Kee) so we have added on an extra room, with the added benefit of flexibility and opportunity and easier parking.

And more... but not only is my daughter about to have her first child in February, which I had mentioned, but my son and daughter-in-law have just told us that they are expecting too, to have their first child in August!! Big, big year for the Baidingers!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:41 PM   #1133
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow Carol congratulations in all corners

What a perfect way to travel and have adventure! I like your style
His and Hers airstreams. You just need side by side sites and you would have it made - breakfast waiting for you on the patio

And a Double wow - on the Grandparents scene - just in time for retirement... what are you again - Gumpa and Grammy????

I can just see in about 5 years the grand kids will be arguing...no I wanna go in the big one, that is okay cause I wanted to go in the cool CCD...

Congratulations again Carol - you must be a very Happy Rivette!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:51 PM   #1134
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
nice pictures sharon!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:08 AM   #1135
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
And a Double wow - on the Grandparents scene - just in time for retirement... what are you again - Gumpa and Grammy????
Bumpa! tee hee from one of Brad's favorite movies, circa 1962 "Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation."

Roger Hobbs (Jimmy Stewart) is the harried father who longs for a quiet holiday with his wife (Maureen O'Hara) but in the end goes along with her wish to have a family reunion, which turns out to be far from ideal. It's a great family comedy. The young grandson says, "I don't like Bumpa." Mr. Hobbs asks who is Bumpa and is told it's his given grandparent name. "Bumpa?" he says to himself almost incredulously in an undertone, struggling with all the visitors' suitcases. Later his grandson says, "I don't like you!" Mr. Hobbs replies, "why you little creep." Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, now doesn't it?

Roger Hobbs: "There ought to be an un-Edison, an un-Thomas Alva Edison who un-invents things, and the first thing they ought to un-invent is that television." Or in our case now video games! These will be our 4th and 5th grandchildren.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	51B8ZVB6R3L.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	50898  
Attached Images

photography
Old 12-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #1136
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Carol, congratulations all around! I like your style...so, will you be caravanning across the USA? ~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 12-15-2007, 10:02 AM   #1137
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks G. I hope we do, we can travel together, switch Airstreams or pets, meet or separate, shack up in one or go our own ways or just come back home or even meet along the legs of different destinations. This really will be a major learning experience and experiment for the two of us. We are gearing up for the Can Opener but closing up shop at home. Once the rally is over I doubt either of us will be ready to head straight back home. Since the animals are with us and no one is left behind in Michigan we are free to be spontaneous. If it doesn't work, well we will find that out, but I anticipate some really good times in the interum. We have the time and health to do it now. It's a good scary feeling but we have all the fail safe nets left in place. Neither of us is ready to commit to fulltiming but I think this gives us the best opportunity to be out and away for longer periods and see what it is like and what we can do or would like to do. We are definitely not home bodies. Too much out there to sit home and watch tv and dust... at least for next month.

photography
Old 12-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #1138
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Congratulations Carol on the grandbabies and the new trailer! How exciting and fun for you both! Dave and I were talking about being campground hosts at the Smokies someday when we are free to do that. I love that the hosts get full hook ups in these gorgeous scenic parks!

Laura I hope you are feeling better after your fall. Its a bummer falling on ice.

Sharon what a hoot about the hot tub! Probably not so fun cleaning it out though. We picked up a similar one for grandma at Pt Pelee NP it wasn't curvy though yours looks fun!!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #1139
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Everything has a story to it

A walking stick is a very important apparatus....I do need to rig something up for the bottom soon - or it will start to fray.

I wanted one that was comfortable to hold - either use as a walking side stick - or just to carry for security purposes....A- when walking on ice - something a little more substantial that a ski pole and B - something with a bit of weight to ward off any unsuspecting wild animals - (lucky so far) C- when walking through old brush - dead twigs can play havock on the eyes and face so it acts like a safari stick really like a dead branch machetti.

It has been known to launch golf balls into the bush as well as stones or snow balls for the dogs to go hunt for.....it is an air bat for the bullrushes (cattails) to send the seeds a drift..it acts as a shoulder yoke to give my arms a rest in swinging on long walks. Serves as my support and my leg up in deep snow and if I am in a springy mood a dance stick - in the lonely moments out in the middle of no where with not a single sound but the dogs paws crunching in the snow....not so good as twirling batton hurts too much ......and that is the story of my stick....

Name:	100_0990.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	50902
Old 12-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #1140
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
That story is nothing to shake a stick at Sharon.
Grandma's has a rubber tip at the end like for canes, I saw some in the store as I was going to replace it--we use it on trails a lot too.