Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-10-2007, 07:32 PM   #981
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Gals! What a good gathering. Good evening Lou, Georgia, Jamie, Sharon, Paula and Steph, is Becky here or has she stepped away? Got room for one more...slide over Sharon...please. Now this is real comfort, good food, music and a nice warm fire with my friends. Who else is out there? C'mon over.

Lou what are your crafting projects for the season?

Steph, looks like your vacation was fun. We had a great time in Door County and the UP on the way back too. I love your overlook pictures. What a grand view. Sam is really growing fast. How is school going?

We just winterized too Jamie. I hate to see the season over. Never long enough to suit me. How are the girls? What were they for Halloween?

I brought some more cocoa and some whip cream.

Paula how was your rally?

G I can hardly wait for January to be here. Never mind gray days I am thinking about the ocean.

Janet those were some great shots of Yosemite I saw in the other thread.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:51 PM   #982
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
crafting

Well, Hello, Carol! Glad to see you. Sounds like you have had fun travels! I have been working on some projects for birthdays and Christmas. I fouind some clever ideas for my rubberstamping art. I get fiberboard clipboards and cut and tear wallpaper, scrapbooking papers and glue them onto the boards. Kind of like "altered books" but clipboards. They can be personalized to give to your special friends. It would be fun to have you all over to work on this project.
Sharon, I have made a lovely fleece blanket that is one of those kind that you knot the edges to hold the two colors together. The top layer is all state of Ohio symbols...like carnations, airplanes, white tailed deer etc. I made a pillow too. But they did not have the buckeye tree or LADYBugs on any fleece....so I did my own. Took fleece scraps and cut them out and appliqued them onto the pillow fleece. It was so much fun! Now I have a cute bunch of ladybugs and buckeyes to put into the Minuet. I sure was wishing I had Jamie's drawing talent when I was trying to lay out the design for the buckeye leaves and nuts.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:39 AM   #983
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Just putting a fresh pot of coffee over the fire for this fine sunny Sunday, as the temp. dips down to 27F! Nice fire, Sharon. Looks like you nightbirds kept it going so that I only need to add a log or two.

Lou, you're too kind with your words on my drawing, but you did hit the soft spot in my heart for the tree of my homeland, the buckeye. I just love your crafting ideas. I'm too busy with coursework right now to do any fun stuff, but I think I might put some lights outdoors to put us in the holiday spirit.

Carol, I can just picture your anxiousness to get on down to Florida in mid-winter. You have a good trip, and don't you or Georgia do any slidin' into the sunshine state. Best behavior now, ya hear? (Oh, M- was a pirate of the Caribbean type for Halloween, and H- was a wizard. Very cute. What was your costume for trick-or-treating this year? )

Bread pudding, Sharon? Bring it on! And a little of the cornbread and bean soup for my lunch today too. It's the perfect time of year. Georgia, have you tried King Arthur's recipe for the maple cornbread? It's my favorite. But probably won't equal your southern cornbread, which is absolutely dee-lish!

Pouring coffee now.... who's got a cup out?

Off to check out Janet's pics of Yosemite...
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:51 AM   #984
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Jamie, that fresh coffee smells good.

What was I for Halloween? I suppose that would be a witch, that day and every day. However my daughter and son-in-law had really cute costumes for a party they attended. Unfortunately no pictures yet so use your imaginations now. Since we are about to become grandparents again in February my daughter dressed up like an oven with a window over her tummy with a sign or picture that said "bun" and my son-in-law dressed as a baker. Yeah... that really cracked me up too.

photography
Old 11-11-2007, 05:58 AM   #985
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
That's perfect, Carol. And you have a nickname for your new grandbaby already - "li'l bun".

Hey, can you point me to Janet's pics of Yosemite? I'm having trouble finding them.

-J

p.s. Is codybear up yet? I wonder if she saved me any of that apple pie to go with my cup o' joe.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:41 AM   #986
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Little slow this morning - working on removing that sliver I got from sliding over to make room for the "witch" last night Good Morning Girls - and all you on-looking fellas - fess up I know you are out there lurking to see what is for breakfast

Just finished our traditional Sunday Morning pancakes - either apple or banana - Peter could not decide so we had both.

Gearing up to head over to the parents new place to move boxes into the basement to get ready for the big furniture move tomorrow.

Mom is with us now to stay out of the way

Nice sunny day and plus 10c

Tossing a few sticks on the fire and the bread pudding is great for breakfast with a bit of cream over it...

What is up for everyones winter???

I was just mulling over what I could do without in the LB so that I can still get down south for a month at least...keeping fingers crossed....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:46 AM   #987
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I was all dressed up for H with no where to go....

PS just funnin ya Carol....on the witch....someone as nice as you could never be a witch!!

Jamie I am still working on that CD for you...real slow in that area too...

Just getting the parents sorted and then we can get back to our lives again...

It was funny reading all about you guys winterizing and I look at the LB and I don't have to winterize cause she ain't got no plumbing!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #988
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hello All,
I just wanted to stop by and say hello
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #989
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet A Rainy Day At Lake George - and most of the week to come!

Good Afternoon Sisters,

I am way behind here but trying to catch up ... as usual! I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here already. (and you all know what that means .... Christmas is not far behind) As some of you already know, we have a tiny family so there isn't as much hubbub as most families incure. We will be at our son-in-law's parents home for TG - Ike's mom included. We've had a couple of holiday gatherings together at Mary & Mike's and it's worked out very well. We all had Father' Day on the lake and it was a lot of fun. We'll all bring something of course and get THIS .... Ike, who most always recognizes a kitchen when he sees one, is preparing the squash! A friend gave him some home grown hubbards, he called his mother & found out how to bake them and when I arrived home it was all done! Yummo too!

I'm glad to see the sisters seem to be doing well and happy to see the swell pics. Cupcake has just been winterized and is ready for pick up and a nap.(sniff sniff sniff) I wish we could make the Can Opener but that would be a bit early for us to head out away from the MI cold.

Stay warm and toasty, sue HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES FROM IKE AND I

Oh, I'm leaving you some grape wine for mulling by the fireside and a few logs to add as needed. The treats are wonderful as always!
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #990
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Laura. What have you been up? Will you be going to check out Rhonda's new vintage Airstream? Looks like you and your dad will be having a great adventure caravanning to Bozeman.

Suz, now that Cupcake is napping sounds like family and holidays will be on your social calendar. Happy TG! Wow, Ike baking for the family, now that is cool.

Sharon love that Sunday morning tradition. Any tips on training up a rivet shaver to spoil us so royally?

Lou wouldn't it be fun to have a Rivette project rally over at your place or perhaps now you might be able to get away for a couple of days!

Jamie here's the post with one of Janet's fabulous pictures that she posted of Terry's. There is another picture in that thread too, and now I can't remember where but Janet has others posted that make me long to travel out West.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/477203-post26.html

photography
Old 11-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #991
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Silver Sisters,

The CA Streamers Fall Rally was t-errific!!..lots of wonderful food and drink at the reception, brunch and potluck: antiquing; karaokein'; fishin'; and chattin' with all the fun and great members and guests..here's a few pix of our journey: a real 'can opener' road, the Silver Doobie Gals, Mallards Taking Flight, Hubby flyfishing on the Kern River, Lake isabella, and coming home to a Sunset.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0948.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	49177   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1394.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	49178  

Name:	100_1301.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	49179   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1502.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	49180  

Name:	100_1180.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	400.9 KB
ID:	49181   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1465.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	49182  

codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:11 PM   #992
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
OMG - Cody I am outta hear tomorrow and heading your way!!!! What beautiful countryside....

Hey Eastern Sisters - how come we did not have a fall Rally???

Sorry Carol the only tip I can offer - would be to Laura - Train them YOUNG!! some say you can teach Old Dogs new tricks - but I have not been able to teach Peter anything new past our first year of marriage - but boy did I have a hard year of training.

Have not been up to much lately..

Sun Set at my Last time at Mom and Dads old place - Canada Geese flocking now to head south....

Name:	100_0544.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	49191

Time for the bird feeders to be stoked up - now the plants are gone here...what a flurry of activity!!!

Name:	100_583.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	49192
So who knows their birds - guess this one....(Carol you can not Play )

Name:	100_0642.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	49193

Name:	100_0649.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	49194
Taz and Haily enjoying the looks of the first snow fall this past week.

Name:	100_0681.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	49195

That is it for the Potted Mums - they are now frost bitten....just a few blooms left

Name:	100_0698.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	49196

Hey Sue - where abouts do you go again South??? and when do you head there?

Jamie don't work too too hard on your courses leave some time for play...

Hey - anyone hear from Paula Ford - (hey are ya out there???)

Steph wanna head south for a week??? and do that MG party??

Carol you must be getting excited to head south too....All you snow birds - so lucky....

I am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that I can squeeze a trip in with my unfinished LadyBug... Must be really really nice to the hubby to pull this one off

PS Ladies - Laura is now officially a Lady of 21 - congrats Girl you've earned your wings - time to party with the wise ones.....

Must get out and buy the kit for a new batch of the black current merlot....there is no traveling without it.

Tink Tink and I have just tossed a bunch of logs on the fire....Sorry Bread pudding ALL GONE!! nothing in the oven or in the cupboards....who has chocolate? I know Carol does she always does...
Old 11-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #993
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Love all the photos!!

Jamie your avatar is great!! Paula what was Steve using for a fly? Looks like a great place to fish!!

It is like a virtual trip going from Yosemite, to California, and over to Ontario, Canada. Hey Sharon remember that old tourist ad for Ontario where the lady sings On tar ee ar ee ar ee ooooo? I used to love that as a kid.

Laura 21 is a good age, one you might want to stick with!
Congratulations

Sharon, I'd love to I'll have to see...

Carol your daughter's costume sounds so cool!! Congratulations on the new baby to be...
Old 11-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #994
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Steph,

Steve was using power bait the first day, then the next day some secret fly!! (I'll asking him when he gets back..he's coming back from duck, quail, dove hunting w/Cody at the Salton Sea)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1035.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	336.2 KB
ID:	49199  
Old 11-11-2007, 07:03 PM   #995
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
That is one fine gaggle of trout. I'm hoping this is a picture from the second day? Please tell me it is and Steve is just that good with a flyrod.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #996
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Brad,
nope that's the power bait, here's the next day's catch on the 'fly'
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1233.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	49200  
Old 11-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #997
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hey girls,
First of all, things are going okay, been sick with a very bad cold for 3 weeks now, and its still hanging around. Yes, I'm officaly 21 now, so far its been great. I haven't been on much due to my computer being broken, working on getting it fixed. Hope everyone is doing well.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #998
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Laura,

My hubby's got some kind of lingering cough he's had for the last 3 weeks..not a cold..could be some kind of 'valley' thing..hope you get better sooner than later..Happy Birthday 21!!!!!..wow!..fantastic..(seems like light years away for me!) cherish your youth!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #999
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Yea, this cold isn't really a cold anymore, a cold should last for a few days we are going on 3 weeks now. Its better than it was but is still getting my energy down. I love being 21, its great, can't wait for more good times to come

Old 11-11-2007, 09:11 PM   #1000
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Happy Birthday Dear Laura, Happy Birthday to You!

(Click picture for animated effect)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1008-048-10-1069.gif
Views:	81
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	49212  

photography