Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #841
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Did any of you follow the thread about state avatars? You'll find a link to a maker of state tea towels and a forum member's method of turning them into pillows for her Airstream. I think I'm going to copy this idea, order up Montana and 'Wyoming and have a go. ~G
Wow that is a cool thread Georgia! What a great way to do those state pillows!! Leave it to the creative women on the forum!! Sounds like great winter projects...
Old 07-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #842
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
night shirts

Thanks to Donna, dieterdog, on the forums, and my friend in MT..she sent me to WalMart looking for a neato sleep shirt! It is perfect for an AS sleep over! They were on the sales rack and I got the last one in the Elyria store! A great lime green color for the background, and little tiny pink flamingos and palm trees stitched on it. Very cute! Thought you all would like to see it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-008S.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	41516   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sleep shirt.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	41517  

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #843
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Aren't those nice. You will be the stylish one each morning and evening. Perfect, summer pjs for the Airstream!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #844
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Wow Lou,, that was fast,, you found time to do the picture,,, yep, is a great nitey,, roomy and cool,,, glad you got one,, hope some other sisters find them too,,, keep on dreamin streamin,,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #845
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Those are cute Donna and Lou, thanks for the tip!!
Old 08-11-2007, 03:19 PM   #846
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
First off, don't you all just love Tin Sista's new avatar?! It's like buttah!!! (Now there I go again. I'm all verklempt.)

Been away for a while but I have a break in the action today so I'm catching up and sharing this card I got from Lou after the RSSR rally. (Apologies for my lack of photog skills.) Lou, the cards are fabulous!! Bettah than buttah! A real treasure.

Next, as a knitter, and an Airstreamer, I can't wait to share this. I don't know who the gal is who owns this blog but I nominate her, whoever she is, for Silver Sister of the month. Take a look at Knitting in a Happy Camper, gals. In reading the Happy Camper's blog, I also found the Knitting Troll. So, to see what I've been busy doing in my evenings this past month, head on over to the Knitting Troll blog for the camper dishcloth pattern. Definitely a few kindred spirits out there, eh?

-Jamie
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rivettesrock.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	43015  
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #847
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Hey Jamie,
You find the coolest ideas!! You are right up there with Barbra, Jamie, I'm getting a little verklempt...
quick topic--artistic airstreaming women
tawk amongst yourselves....

Btw I understand it can take up to 3 hours to make a spinner card like the ones Lou does...
Old 08-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #848
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
rubberstamping

Rubberstamping is my addiction! I am glad you liked the card. Yes, they take long, but they are fun.
Jamie, I love the little wash rags with the trailer on them. I am going to be working on a filet crochet pattern for an AS. I already did one in afghan stitch for a pillow for my friend, Donna. It turned out pretty cute.
But Steph and I think that we should design a flag for the Rivettes with Rosie on it. That may get in line for the next project.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #849
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
You ladies are all so dainty with your skills - give me a hammer and a pair of boots - I am not in the likes of this frilly world - although I did have a hand at knitting once - but was told I was too tense and the knitting was wired for sound - no pun intended.

I know Jamie can knit!! - look what a nice surprise arrived upon my return from an "unleashed" experience....

Name:	100_8716.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	43019

And like guess what the pattern is - come on it is not that hard to figure out!!!!! I just LOVE THEM THANKS Jamie!!!

There is so much talent in this varied group of people it really is a bit uncanny - and there are many talents I am sure have not surfaced either...like all those things people want to try but never have - and just happen to try and end up being fantastic at it.....

I think I would like to get a pink Harley and rig up the LadyBug to take on the ride of a life time....I have always been leary of pink - love red but the pink is more vulnerable....and I now have a shocking pink Nano player - ps that Peter knows nothing of neither the Nano - sort of hoping he might stumble on this thread so I won't have to tell him - but the chances of that happening are slim to none

Lou - I met a really nice lady at the Tea yesterday - she is 89 years of age and has been stamping ever since she lost her husband and went into a deep depression - it was the intrique of little stamps and notes to her friends that pulled her out of her depression - I have not seen her collection but my neighbour says she has quite an impressive one....

I am sorry I missed your class there or even hung around a bit to watch - me bad - and need a leash next time we are together at a Rally...
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #850
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
But Steph and I think that we should design a flag for the Rivettes with Rosie on it. That may get in line for the next project.
Lou
If you need any sort of graphic design base to work from let me know I would be glad to help - I can do layouts with pictures and such just can not draw worth a bean.....

But sometimes a photo design can turn into an inanimate design as well.....
Old 08-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #851
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Pink nano? Harley pulling the Ladybug? Sounds like you're getting a little bit wild, Sharon. And you were so quiet and timid at RSSR. I hardly recognize you.

The flag idea sounds good. And I can vouch for Sharon's abilities in the area of graphic design. She was great getting the Rosie design ready for the cafepress, and I love those Ladybug graphics!
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 08-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #852
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Pink nano? Harley pulling the Ladybug? Sounds like you're getting a little bit wild, Sharon. And you were so quiet and timid at RSSR. I hardly recognize you.

The flag idea sounds good. And I can vouch for Sharon's abilities in the area of graphic design. She was a great help getting the Rosie design ready for the cafepress, and I love those Ladybug graphics!
That would be hard pressed with a Harley pulling the LadyBug

I was thinking more along the lines of a special ramp and brackets inside to tow the Harley along with me - then go for some breath taking rides when I got to my desitnations....Just have to have something to do at these rallies - I don't think I could attend another without some sort of distraction from Food and Drink!!!

Although I did sneak off and composed for about 4-5 hours which was really nice when it was so humid outside and inside Carol's beautiful trailer with the AC. It was a hoot she was bobbping to her i-pod and I had the headphones on doing my music.....there but not there - only Rivettes could handle that scene!!!

Wild yep - I have sat around far too long and life is whizing by - watching all this stuff with WBCCI sure makes that reality come a bit faster - so heck I do not want to wait until I am 75 I want to do it NOW and when I am 75!!!

do it all try it all....
Old 08-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #853
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
me too, me too! Life's too short, eat dessert first, I say. That's just an analogy Sharon. (Carol says, wiping chocolate off her mouth)

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
Attached Images

photography
Old 08-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #854
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
I was thinking more along the lines of a special ramp and brackets inside to tow the Harley along with me - then go for some breath taking rides when I got to my desitnations...
Well that sounds reasonable. But make mine a pink Vespa. I think that's about the most I could handle.

zoom, zoom....
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 08-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #855
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Did you go and get more chocolate blizzards and carolinas????

I don't mind the fun drinks - but only after a day of doing something you can say to your self - I really enjoyed that! - and experienced something you have not in the past......

I can at least now say that I have experienced an LPPI and shared some of the experience very vividly with others - to bad for them but don't invite me if you don't want all of me I say

Now onto my task - I have to convince the hubby, break it to the parents without putting them in their grave ahead of time - that I would like to learn how to ride a motor cycle...with the new laws here I have to go for the full monty - no moped stuff here anymore - there is an LS license but you may as well go for the full one now it is almost as much and just as much time in class....

Once done I will need to go on the hunt for a bike - do all my research and do a lot of stradling testing seats that is girls - get your minds out of the gutter!!
Old 08-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #856
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Myself, I have always wanted to try a pick up truck.
Attached Images

photography
Old 08-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #857
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Thanks to Donna, dieterdog, on the forums, and my friend in MT..she sent me to WalMart looking for a neato sleep shirt! It is perfect for an AS sleep over! They were on the sales rack and I got the last one in the Elyria store! A great lime green color for the background, and little tiny pink flamingos and palm trees stitched on it. Very cute! Thought you all would like to see it.
Now Lou where was that nitie on Saturday night?????
I could have used some support girl....I am sure if my nitie had palm trees and flamingos (aka pelicans) it would have been a different night for me...
Old 08-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #858
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Myself, I have always wanted to try a pick up truck.
that is not a pick up that is a "Monster" truck

don't think I could ride along side that at the track - that means I would have to look at the endura motor cross type bikes -

went on one of them once - took off in a parking lot full throttle (did not know anybetter) and popped it up on the back wheel and stayed that way until I cut the gas - never been on one since....I think my stomach and life was still back at that parking lot....but then I got the ride on my friends boyfriends big Goldwing bike - that was nice.....but too big for me - so I want the low riders like in the Wild Hog movie....the Harley Fatboy appeals to me....but know nothing of them so I might be just talking through a big fat hole in my head - but I will know lots more before the snow flyes...
Old 08-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #859
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
umm........wow, thats all I have to say about that!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #860
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Now Lou where was that nitie on Saturday night?????
I could have used some support girl....I am sure if my nitie had palm trees and flamingos (aka pelicans) it would have been a different night for me...
Hmmmmm.....I had mine on every night that we were camped.....Larrita wouldn't let me out in public with it tho! We are very much more modest in mixed company!
Pelicans???? LOL
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2