Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-15-2007, 06:18 PM   #721
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hi Silver Sisters,

On Tuesday, April 10th, as the sun rose over the hill at my house, I realized that it was time to go visit my AS. Rain, snow, or shine I had waited as long as I could. Later that evening after dewinterizing, I was watching the evening weather and had a sinking feeling. Had I made a mistake? My adventurous spirit took over and I decide we were already commented! As you can see below, this is what it looked like out the AS windows. We were hooked up to electricity, had plenty of propane, and full fresh water tank. We were prepared as we could be. It was amazing! We were warm and snug all the while the wind was 25-35 mph with higher gusts outside. It was so serene and peaceful. Just what I needed. On Friday we were rewarded with beautiful sunshine and a blue bird day. The last picture is a sunset on yet another wonderful day! Come on everyone get out there, YOU CAN DO IT! Danielle and I did.

Vickie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RR 4-11-07 2.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	35649   Click image for larger version

Name:	RR Sunset 4-14-07 2.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	35650  

Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #722
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Towing Mirrors

I can recommend those sm. convex mirrors that stick on your regular mirrors. They're available at various places like Wal-Mart, auto supply & RV stores, etc.
Years ago, way before electric mirrors, there was one on my left hand mirror. Since we had two Suburbans at the time, it was helpful in getting out of the garage without peeling the side of the truck off. We have one (convex mirror) now that was factory optioned and I can tell you they're great for cornering, watching the road and line edges while still being able to see the "big picture" on the right hand side. The stick on ones aren't expensive and if you don't like it you can just take it off.

tin sista, I thought you were a tow girl already. In fact, I had begun to think I was the only one who hadn't (reference: Carol, Sharon, Sandi, Vickie, Jamie and whom ever I've forgotten!) Sisters! This will be Steph's FIRST TIME!!!!!
That means she's a ...... well, a, um, you know, .... a, a, almost a first timer ? ? ? ! ! !

Vickie & Danielle - good job and great pictures!! What a surpise it was to hear you two had gone to River Ridge. Did you have to re-winterize? Cupcake is at the camper center plugged in for the furnace fan and propane is on. Mother Nature, please let it get warmer soon!

We Can Tow It !
suz

June 20, departure day for Vickie, Danielle & me is 66 days away!
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:10 PM   #723
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Don't worry about those small streets. You have a small rig ;-) yours is at least 6 feet shorter than I am!

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:21 AM   #724
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Good Morning Everyone,

Hi there Suz! It's great to have you back. Sorry you had to come back into snow. Hopefully we are done!!! Congratulations on your new found ability. I hope to get more experience with the 34' with the trip to Moraine View. Suz, you asked if I re-winterized? The answer is no. I drained the fresh water tank, left the furnace on 45 degrees (just had both 30# propane bottles refilled on Saturday) and opened the cabinet doors at both sinks. I will return to River Ridge on Thursday. Friday Betty Lou II gets a bath.

Steph, so glad to hear that your cushions finally arrived. You will be styling as head out on your first adventure of the season. How did they turn out?Can't wait to hear all about your travels.

Irish, you asked if it is always this bad when there is an AS in the driveway. You bet it is!! It only gets worse. That is the way it is with me, anyway. I don't have the ability to have mine in my driveway anymore but it still speaks to me even though it is 100 miles away.

Hopefully the wifi at the campground will be up and running before too long and I will be able to keep up with all the postings.

The weather is changing and it is time to make all those daydreams come true!

Have fun everyone...

Vickie
Air #5970
Old 04-16-2007, 04:34 AM   #725
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Good Morning everyone

Well it is still dam cold and here we are back home. Been back for over a week and so far yuck.... where is the warm weather... we want to get the 5th wheel ready for sale and go and fetch the Argosy and get started on her. Our fingers are itching to get going. Great to be home and see Sharon and Peter again. We have missed family and friends.. but I do love spring at home , just wish it would hurry up.. checked the garden yesterday and see that the tulips are half up and have started cleaning out some flowerbeds.. that is when it is warm enough to go outside or it is not trying to snow.... .. the weather is only like this because we left Florida...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:09 AM   #726
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hi Annie,

So glad to hear that you made it home safely. So sorry to hear that the weather has been so bad for you. Do whatever you have to hang on just a little longer. It will be worth it! It must be unbearable to leave the warmth and sunshine to come home to cloudy and cold. I know Sharon and Peter are happier now that you and Marvin are back. Sharon mentioned at the February Rivette Rush how much they missed you two. I look forward to meeting you at the RSSR.

Come on warm weather, PLEASE!

Vickie
Air #5970
Old 04-16-2007, 08:24 AM   #727
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
A cool spring morning here, still need a campfire!

Well the sun is shining, but the wind is a wee bit chilly, so here's another log on the fire, coffee/tea anyone?

Vickie I'm so glad you ignored the Michigan weather and listened to your pioneering spirit and headed back to the Airstream!! I love that photo of the sunset!
The cushions came out just as we had hoped! We had the bottom side of the dinette and bench done in vinyl for when Sam and his cousins/camping friends are eating mac and cheese then we flip the cushions over and its the fabric for adults. The sofa is all fabric. Sam and his dad already played a game of go fish at the dinette, its just right for playing cards, coloring, doing puzzles, etc. I think Dave will put pix up soon.

Annie, hope you get that warm weather soon!!

Yes Suz it will be my first time refueling and campsite backing, though I am sincerely more worried about Dave's nerves and the well being of innocent bystanders and their vehicles I'm just going to take it slow like Carol advised!

Great tip about the towing mirrors!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:43 AM   #728
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Well here is a first in a while - time to find and squeeze in a post....

Have been checking in real quick here and there just to see how you are all doing with this crazy weather!!!

Vickie you wild and crazy gal - YOU TOW GIRL!!! way to push your Mom Danielle - You Go Girl tooo!!!!

I am still knee deep - make that nose deep in house plans and strategies to get this house built on the waterfront lot. Have re-grouped and re-designed the house and whole site plan now - working with an engineer and almost ready to submit application #2.

Good thing the weather has been too cold to work on the LadyBug or I would be really chomping at the bit. Looks like she is starting to warm up the end of this week. But today as Annies says - too dam cold!!!! and really windy up here.

It will be nice to see spring.

I was having a chuckle at you guys calling for the snow last week and tinsista snow/deer pics - tee hee then WHAP! we got dumped with 6 inches of heavy wet snow - that is just now gone again but left us in a wet mucky state again.

Raining here today and yesterday.

Have been busy doing little things like entertaining, picking up all the new kitchen supplies. Peter cemented the hearth in place as we have an insurance guy coming out this week to check the fireplace. I am about to sand the front entrance and test a hard varnish product on the soft pine floors to see how it holds up with 3 big dogs in and out.

But I will soon have to shift to LadyBug mode as we still have a trip to Okemos for the new axle, Fridge and all sorts of other goodies. But I have to get the inside all sorted out and cleaned refreshed and the tub refinished. Big ideas and now time do not go well so I think we are going to have to tone it down a bit just so we can get her on the road then do a bit at a time.

Well that is all my news

Glad to see a few more gals in the mix - Heather, Michelle how are things with you both.

Anyone bin anywhere lately.

PS I have almost run out of wood just enough for a few more spring fires and it will be time to load up the wood shed again.

Off to make some banana bread.....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #729
3 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
Canfield , Ohio
Hello!

I kinda popped in and out awhile back, thought I should stick around a bit and say hi. As pointed out earlier by someone I live in Ohio. We live in the Youngstown area. Last summer we traded my brother our Yellow VW Thing for his 62 amabassador. (We made out in that deal)

My husband and I and the kiddos are really enjoying fixing it up...
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f415...t-28984-4.html (scroll down to post #49)
and of course camping. I am an artist, although I don't feel like one any more because I am in graduate school to become a professional counselor. (I have been going to school full time for two years)I am finished in August. Whooo Hoooo!

I enjoy photography, painting, lampworking (making glass beads with a oxygen and propane torch) and gardening. My husband and I have two boys age 6 and almost 2. Life is busy.

We have yet to take the AS on a big trip we have gone about three times to a local lake. I pulled it home from my brothers (about an hour and a half) so I am not scared to pull it. But like mentioned earlier thinking about gas stations and stuff is a little overwhelming but I know it is doable.

Anyway just wanted to pull a log up to the fire
Heather
Hamb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:05 PM   #730
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Heather! Glad you popped back in. I would love to see your art some time. I hope that you are planning on coming to our rally in June. We are going to have a great bunch of women.

You are a busy lady! Glad you are taking some time out to sit a spell with us and chat. Wonder if Sharon's banana bread is ready.

Coffee anyone?

Nice pictures Vicki and Steph you know we are anxious to see what your AS will look like.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:47 PM   #731
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi,

Just made some chocolate chip w/walnut cookies..would any of you like some?..made extra to take on our trip w/the Safari tomorrow..we're headed for the Coast for the weekend..we'll be staying at a couple of KOA's and I think they have wi-fi connections!!..whoohoo!..hopefully I won't be missing out on the forum action!!..
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:55 PM   #732
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Nothing like the smell of fresh baked cookies to draw a crowd. Thank you Paula. MMMMMmmmm! Won't that be nice to get away and camp on the coast. Very nice of you to share with us this evening. Perhaps if you have wi-fi you will be sending us a few pictures too. Are these KOAs a favorite place to camp or new ones you haven't been to before?

photography
Old 04-17-2007, 07:04 PM   #733
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Carol,

Steve and I have been going to the KOA in Manchester, near Point Arena, for about 15 years during the April-June ab tides..we'll stay there for 3 nites, then go inland to Petaluma's KOA for the nite..he has another sportsman's club outing near Dillon's Beach to go clam digging..we've never stayed at that KOA before, so it'll be intereting to see how the 'accommodations' are there..the one in Manchester has potlucks put on by the camp hosts..Steve has helped help bbquing (and of course a little beero to go with it) with a couple of other campers..there's also hay rides to the beach for the family, ping-pong, horseshoes, swimming, spa-ing (?), karaoke, fence painting, shopping in the little boutique-stlyle/grocery store, and of course chatting and visiting w/other a/streamers we've met..
Old 04-17-2007, 07:12 PM   #734
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
What a cool schedule of events. Sounds like a lot of fun. Sounds like a vacation with plenty to do. I am going to take a guess that you do karaoke because I think you like music and fun, am I right? What is this fence painting?

photography
Old 04-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #735
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Carol,

fence painting: where kids of all ages can paint the fence that surrounds the swimming pool and spa at the KOA campground..here's a link to the campground..let me know if you can open it.

Manchester Beach KOA
Old 04-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #736
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
The surroundings are beautiful. I could see all the pictures and activities on the web site, except for the virtual tour. Thanks for posting the link. I like that doggy park with frisbe and a picnic that would be as much fun to watch as to be a part of. That's a great KOA. All the KOAs we have stayed at have been nice too but not as nice as that one with so very much to do. Looks like a winner. You must be all packed and ready to go, if it were me I would be carrying things out to the AS all night. Then Bradley drives first and I nap.

photography
Old 04-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #737
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
haha, Carol...packed up everything this morning, actually trying to pack minimumally (if that's possible for me!)..Steve loaded all the foods stuff, more than we probably should have, but I believe in packing the truck and safari to the max!!!..I call it high style boondocking!!!..we'll leave early tomorrow, hopefully before the commute on the freeways..it'll take us almost 5 hours, with short breaks and lunch stops..we usually set up by the late afternoon..supposed to rain the latter part of the week..so we'll see how it goes..
Old 04-17-2007, 07:53 PM   #738
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
It sounds lovely. Have the best time! If it rains later on in the week you will have some cozy time in the Airstream, we actually like a rainy day here and there, the pitter pat is so relaxing and a pleasant change from our dashing about.

Have a little Baileys and coffee Paula? I think it will go quite well with these excellent cookies of yours.

photography
Old 04-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #739
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
not too fond of coffee..but I'll take some baileys and cream..haha!!!..thnx..we'll have to get together soon somewhere in the middle..if Steve and I make that trip to Banff/Canada to Michigan, then to N.Y. in June???
Old 04-17-2007, 09:14 PM   #740
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Hi Sisters,
What a beautiful KOA Paula! Lucky you to have access to it. We stayed 2 nites in one in Bowling Green, KY off of I-65 on the way back home, timing our arrival so as to tour the Corvette assembly plant and visit the National Corvette Museum. If it hadn't been for the fact we don't use our shower (and wouldn't have electric for a hair dryer) I'd rather have stayed at Wal-Mart. Ike bought a Kamping Kard and I'm wondering if we can get a refund. Oh well, some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Let's see.......63-64 days til Tow It Day! Hey Vickie, do you have a departure day in mind? How about you other Rivettes? I'm kind of thinking arrival on Wed./20th but what Vickie and Danielle want to do is perfect for me! Oh, btw, will we be caravaning with others and if so is there place of convergence? I may have missed some current details while we were gone.

Well, that's all for today.
It's not all that cold tonight but here's a few logs to keep the chill away.

nitey nite,
suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote