Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #381
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up I remember underdog!!

Oh my goodness Carol that takes me back!! Yipee for underdog!!
All these cartoon heroes---of course bullwinkle and rocky, Dudley Doright, 'Savoir Faire is everywhere'(the mouse)! Mr Peabody and his boy Sherman

Apple pancakes mmm!! Fresh maple syrup, yummmy!!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #382
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Oh yes, I LOVEd Underdog, especially when he was just his mild-mannered self, before he turned into the superhero. He was just so cute and sweet. Bullwinkle and Rocky too. I like Rocky best but I'm not sure why. Such a sensible little Squirrel. Mr. Magoo was not a favorite of mine -- I think I just felt sorry for him, poor guy.

Hey, I must've missed Michelle's syrup. Where did you say she got it?

-J

I just remembered another favorite -- Yogi Bear and Boo-boo. What a great duo, always stealin' them pic-a-nic baskets. Cracked me up!
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #383
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
If you look in this post you will see pictures of Michelle. Picture 2 and picture 7 are when she is stoking the fire for making syrup. I believe it is in Pennsylvania. The one in the tub is a picture of Michelle taking a break from working at Habitats for Humanity, and the last picture is Michelle flycasting in Oregon the day she brought me up on this lovely mountain. She is amazing, flying her own plane and planes in fire fighting service and being able to fix them too!

http://www.airforums.com/forum...9-post130.html

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #384
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow all these ladies here are so "worldly"

Okay so like I am going to die now - I forgot about the old asbestos tiles in these trailers - so what part of the tile has it the top part or the bottom part??? there are not many left in LadyBug and most just peeled right of the floor - but there are a few stuck down pretty good - with what looks like black tary stuff. I am sort of hoping that the asbestos is in just the top coating of the tile and not that tary stuff.

Steph I found it - I searched and searched and searched - hmmm no wonder I did not jump on it EXPENSIVE. But you know if you want something bad enough.....

Ladies it is time for another road trip. Anyone game to take a caravan over to England?? or Australia?? I need to go shopping to outfit the LadyBug in real style.

The US and CAN should learn from the RV appliance these guys have available to them - wow!!! this is the one I want - but I think you can order just the grill portion - I just bought myself a cooktop this past trip. But I want to have a propane grill but inside - for the toast and steak if you are tired and don't want to haul the BBQ out. Don't want the big oven either as I could pop in a Microwave for when we are hooked up to electric.

Name:   stoves3.gif
Views: 161
Size:  18.4 KB
Click image for larger version

Name:	60407132m.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	32899

If I were to buy Steph a present (key word IF) this would be yours - but the model up from this even has a warming tray on the bottom!!!

Name:   2014-401.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  22.5 KB

And to keep the coolies cool I would definitely change out the poor excuse for a fridge that is in LadyBug right now! for this...

Name:	2022-dw180.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	32901

Still snowing here very wet and heavy...Going over to the try not to kill yourself threads on restoration - I think I was suppose to have one of those big breather things on - but oh well....

PS the Appliance series is called SMEV 400 for the smaller units - anyone find them in the States let me know?? Please!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:43 AM   #385
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Carol -- thanks for the pointer to the pics. That Michelle sure gets around! Wish we could talk her into being in Ohio in June.

Sharon -- did you see the cooktop in the "Architect's Airstream" in the new Airstream Life? (pg. 66-7) I think it would work just perfect for your little Ladybug.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #386
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Wow!!

Oooh I just love looking at those appliances!! A girl can dream!! Sharon you just go for it!! Your ladybug will be featured on the food network, those chefs will be elbowing each other aside trying to get at your cooktop and cooler!

I love those little cooktops from the Airstream Life Jamie, in fact that was my first big ooh and aah for the issue besides the dinette/settee thing. I wonder what they kick out?? I'm thinking your camp chef stove is a great solution for cooking power, and I like the outdoors for cooking while camping, easier clean up!!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #387
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Sharon -- did you see the cooktop in the "Architect's Airstream" in the new Airstream Life? (pg. 66-7) I think it would work just perfect for your little Ladybug.
Too late I already bought one of those fancy Wedgwood /Atwood 3 burner cook tops with the full grill on the top so you can move pots and pans around.

We did not need 4 burners but always used three - so I think two would not be enough.

I guess my childhood characters are a bit out there for you "slightly" older ladies - but then I think it is more because they are English shows rather than NorthAmerican.

Jamie I was born in England and emigrated when I was 7 April 1968 - came over on the Empress of England (A Ship that looks just like the QE2)- one of the last remaining ships that people emigrated on. The last was called the Empress of Canada - which our friends came over on in 69. By the 70's most came by plane and all your belonging came by container ship. All ours came with us via Trunks...

I am a landed Imigrant with Canadian Citizenship. Peter is a born Canadian.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:38 AM   #388
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow I have never thought of Airstreaming as "camping" we have never gone to a National park and "camped" like when we used to tent it.

Even when we took my parents out East it really was not "camping" for us - it was more like Carry-on Caravaning with the Jones's (any body watch any of the Carry on Gang?)

We only ever used the Globe Trotter for Rallies the few we went to. And all the meals are either provided or you went out.

The rest of the time we spent basically a Month each year in it in the winter down in Florida - and that was just a "mini-house" So the kitchen got used as a kitchen. We cooked our regular meals with Potatoes, veggies, and meat either on the BBQ or a Stove top dish of sorts.

Oh well I will have to "dream" of that fancy one - at $354.00 that is more than the new axle!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:54 PM   #389
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Yay! My new "We Can Tow It" t shirt arrived yesterday, and my dear coopertive daughter agreed to "the pose!" And although the shirt fits her a lot better than me, I still wouldn't let her borrow...I need it for encouragement!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0938.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	32906  
Old 02-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #390
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow we are going to be a scary motly crew when we are all together - who needs big boots at the door???

What size was that shirt???
Old 02-22-2007, 03:09 PM   #391
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Yep, we're gnarly all right!
The shirt is a very snug (on me) medium, and I usually wear a small. Of course I am still in post holiday denial...
Old 02-22-2007, 03:18 PM   #392
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Great photo, Janet! You're raisin' her right, I see. We can tow it!

Thanks for the picture. Now I'm going to have to order one of those dark, long sleeve shirts, and a few more for the daughters.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-22-2007, 06:52 PM   #393
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Janet Thanks for the picture. Great shot. Your daughter looks roaring to go. Girl Power Yeah!! Now that mom really has her child "in tow" She's a beauty, you California girls are all blonde, tan and gorgeous! I thought that was just myth.

Maybe we should order large shirts, was that a contour size? My medium from Can Opener has not been worn either. Maybe we can have a tight tshirt day.

photography
Old 02-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #394
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
The shirt is a straight, regular medium from what I can tell. The transfer isn't too stiff, and the colors are great against the black, but it is a tad narrow in the chestal area.

And Carol, rest assured that Mom here is fair, brunette and freckled! The girls have heavily inherited their dad's genes...But he beat me to gray!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:24 PM   #395
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
The black does look very sharp. I am looking forward to ordering and wearing my shirt. Heck I am looking forward to wearing any shirt---shirt weather please hurry!!!!!

So Janet have you met other Westie Rivettes yet. There's a rally coming or have you had it already? You don't know how much we in the East wish the West coast wasn't quite sooo far.

photography
Old 02-22-2007, 07:30 PM   #396
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
You don't know how much we in the East wish the West coast wasn't quite sooo far.
Oh come on Carol....we would be there in 5 days - lets go.....hang on let me at least wash out the tub in the LadyBug.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #397
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Yes, I'm going to the "Western Rivettes" Rally in March, and we will toast and post our Easterly sisters!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:57 PM   #398
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Too bad this seems like "chicks" only. Seems to be a bit of fun.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:32 AM   #399
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Hi Silvertwinkie! Thanks for stoppin' by. Can I offer you a cup of coffee this morning?

Yes, lookin' around the campfire here you'll see it's pretty much just us Airstreaming "chicks", but being that it it's an online rally I'm sure there are a few guys around here somewhere. Every once in a while one of them speaks up, or stops by to lend support for our efforts and some kind words or good karma. Not really chicks only so much as guys enter at your own risk.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 02-23-2007, 06:44 AM   #400
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Oh Janet love that photo!! Jamie you did such a nice job on the rivette store!!

Carol I am impatiently waiting for tshirt weather and especially sandle weather, I have to find some of that silver nail polish for my toes that Shari (InsideOut) mentioned in another thread.