Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2007, 07:31 PM   #301
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Codybear, Read the Duckling Story. Stumpy has a large long beek and
large web feet. Stumpy is NOT A CALL DUCK. Poor little thing.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:51 PM   #302
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Poor Stumpy, but then maybe not, maybe we could all use an extra pair of legs. I think I have heard people say I am so busy I wish I had an extra pair of legs. I'm sure I have.

Aria I had never heard of call ducks before. Do yYou raise them to show or just for their uniqueness? I have pulled over along the road side with my camera and tried to snap shots of beautiful ducks, chickens and roosters before. And you know they won't let you get close without making a racket and fanning out. A bit embarrassing really when the occupants come to the door to see what the commotion is.

Did you see the thread for Airstream Palaces? Pretty elaborate set-up there. I too would love to have the Airstream under cover. With our weather it is either so hot or so cold. Planning to wax ours as soon as the weather breaks. In my humble opinion that happens around the beginning of June. Brrrr

I brought some fresh coffee and what's left of the chocolate. Gee Aria I like those camp socks of yours. It's nice to have special slippers to wear at the end of the day when you sit around the fire.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #303
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Wheel Interested, No I did not know about Airstream Palaces. Can I Google to locate?

Our Call Ducks we did show and they are blue ribbon decent. Now we enjoy them and have orders to sell. This Spring we are shipping two to Iowa. We have a Duck Barn and a Duck Nursery. It is fenced and surrounded with my flowers, bushes, climbing scarlet runner beans.

The coffee is great and ummm chocolate. How did you know about my socks? They are really great to wear in the Airstream and I did make them. The directions came from a friend in Albany,NY and they are knit with 3 strands of yarn. You do know a lot about me.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:15 PM   #304
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
They aren't truly palaces, but Michelle said she was going to make one. There are some pictures in this thread that I went to the top of the page a
printed into the search box and found. http://www.airforums.com/forum...rstream+palace

But there also is a community to stay in with your Airstream with an attached RV port, here North Texas Airstream Community

You knitted those? I love them. I can crochet, but my knitting is not as good because I drop stitches. You do lovely work.

photography
Old 02-18-2007, 09:21 PM   #305
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Why am I not getting the photos of the GT w/snow on it or the socks? The rest--adorable ducks and winter wonderland scene-- are coming accross just fine as attachments to the posts, which I'm really enjoying. Thanks Aria!
By the way, we're getting ready to build a shed/garage/barn (oh jeez it's growing...) for the Rollertoaster, and will keep a photo diary as we struggle along.
Janet
Old 02-19-2007, 02:07 AM   #306
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Snow on the roof is in post #269. You can't see the socks because we are sitting on our feet just now. The fire was getting too crackly. Just what kind of wood did we put in last anyway? It sure is popping and shooting out. Move your chairs back a bit, I think.

How big do you think the garage will be for the Airstream Janet? Will it be close to the house or will you put it further back?

photography
Old 02-19-2007, 05:41 AM   #307
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Gee, now I feel just silly sitting around the campfire with just the little footies on my feet. I'll bet you've all been staring at them wondering why I don't find some warmer camp socks. The footies are good for slipping in and out of the crocs though.

I do knit, but it takes me about a year to finish a pair of socks. Maybe the yarn I'm using is too small. I should try tripling it like Aria did. Anyone familiar with the Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook? It's what I used to learn to knit socks. And the Interweave Press Socks! book is my pattern book. I like the hiking socks.

I just put a fresh pot of coffee on if anyone's interested. Fresh ground Pleasant Morning Buzz! I can smell it now, just starting to brew. Gonna run and get some...

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:54 AM   #308
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Jamie... I would be glad to join you.. woke up thsi am in Arcadia Fla.. temp was 29 F... frozen south... coffee would be great.. maybe some Baliley's in it.. somewhere it is 5 o'clock..lol
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:02 AM   #309
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Toast and jam anyone?

Another pair of crocs (bright pink) walking towards the fire!! I just love the nice squishy heels of those crocs especially when standing on hard surfaces all day! They are so perfect for the beach too!

Georgia isn't sledding fun to see through the eyes of a child again? This winter we've been taking Sam to the sled hill near us and it brings back so many childhood memories. Course now kids are wearing helmets and riding boards, and really cool looking plastic sleds.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:34 AM   #310
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Yes, Tin Sista, I wouldn't mind a little jam on my English muffin to go with that second cup o' joe.

Bright Pink crocs, eh? That sounds perfectly flamingo -- just right for Airstreaming! Those crocs are just perfect for the trailer too, aren't they? You can slip 'em off outside on the mat before going inside, and they're so easy to clean!

Happycampers -- 29 in Florida? Yikes! Hope the sun comes out for you today.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #311
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Good Morning!..it's super blustery here this morning!..doing my Monday laundry, can I have some coffee/with cream and sugar please!..my grandson has been asking grandpa and me to take him to the snow to do some sledding, but it's sooo cold yet for me to venture out!..we like to go up on hwy 80 by Nyak, find a bunny hill, climb on those plastic sleds and cruise down all the while hoping I don't get pulled in by those big trees at the bottom..anyone care to join in?
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #312
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I have two grandsons here today while school is out for Prs's Day and our snow is melting fast. After horrid weather, today is racing into mid 50's while 60's are due by Wednesday. I'd say "only in Missouri" but I think it's that way all over the country this winter. Anyway, those two little boys would love a good sledding hill, soooo you may see us with sleds in haul. ~G And with two grandsons, you know I'll have a bag of marshmallows and a thermos of hot choc too
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:35 AM   #313
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
G,

Fresh slices of oranges for some reason go great after sledding w/the hot cocoa and marshmallows!!
Old 02-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #314
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Talking Cocoa sounds great!

Just read on yahoo that cocoa is brain boosting so I'll have some more of that please ! not just the brain gets boosted though so that means I'd better dust off that treadmill and start walking my new motto is "will exercise for chocolate!"
Old 02-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #315
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Steph,

That's my fav kind of exercis besides fingering the keyboard and staying connected to the forums!!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #316
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Somehow I agree with you gals. I WILL EXERCISE for the chocolate. The weather is COLD and still Snow. Floyd had to sweep again the GT.

Make my coffee strong and black. No cream No sugar. And a little Brandy or Croft Sherry.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:20 PM   #317
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Exercise! My knees had gotten really bad this winter: result of too many months of climbing ladders for house painting/remodeling and a knee-high encounter with my daughter's big labrador at Thanksgiving. Time wasn't doing the healing job it used to do and walking was a pain test. My sports trainer daughter suggested an elliptical trainer because it offered non-weightbearing exercise. Talk about a killer! I'd do a minute and rest; another minute and rest; another minute--well, you can see the sorry image! Anyway, even though I'm now only up to 2 and 3 minute stretches (on a good day!), doing 5 minute blocks of these are giving me now a total of 20-30 minutes a day of good workout and my knees are improving! No more night aches or pinches when walking, which means that I'm strengthening what needs attention, even if slowly. I don't think I'm even up to the point of working off chocolate! But a 3-minute stretch of elliptical feels like a triumph As you can see, I won't be running races with the rest of you. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #318
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
Anytown , Massachusetts
How many days until Spring??? Anyone else counting the seconds??? Irish
Whirlaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #319
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Snow on the roof is in post #269. You can't see the socks because we are sitting on our feet just now. The fire was getting too crackly. Just what kind of wood did we put in last anyway? It sure is popping and shooting out. Move your chairs back a bit, I think.

How big do you think the garage will be for the Airstream Janet? Will it be close to the house or will you put it further back?
Ahhh. Nice to be back at the campfire, if only briefly. Been busy taking advantage of some nice weather to mark out the new A/S HANGER (note that it's gone from a shelter to a shed to a garage to a barn and now I'm putting my foot down) and clearing some brush so we can get some grading done next week. It won't actually be too huge. Just big enough to back into safely. At least that's MY goal. I want it to fit in and not loom. Terry gets a little carried away with things like saws and loppers, so I had to protect my lemon trees and roses. Fortunately I didn't have to bop him on the helmet with the rake I was weilding, but I came close...
So... it's going to be in an area right off the driveway, and away from the front of the house, and I'll plant a hedge (Italian Buckthorn) and more Mutabilis roses, as well as some climbers. Should make a good screen. We're making about a 3'cut on the uphill side, pouring a slab, and will build a board and batt building about 14'x28' with double barn-style garage doors, and another door at the rear to access the trailer door. We'll put composition shingles on a fairly shallow-pitched roof. I plan to paint it the same green I've painted my chicken coop--kind of an "Oak Tree green" which blends in well with the surrounding vegetation.
Gee aren't you glad you asked, Carol. I love detail when it comes to Airstream ideas, so here you go! I'll attach some photos of Terry clearing the site.
Now to leave this lovely companionship to see what the dogs are barking at. Enjoy that cocoa! I'm loving all the latest permission to eat chocolate!
Janet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0935.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	32638   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0934.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	32639  

Old 02-19-2007, 07:06 PM   #320
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
PHEWEEEEWWWW I'mmmmmmbacckkkkkk!

Wholy Dina Shore what a rush that was...What a great "Rivette Rush" to be more specific! - you all should try it sometime. Just pick a time and rush in and rush out of the country (a pre-requisite to purchase an Airstream) - it will just blow your mind the hospitality that is laid out for you - Peter and I feel so honoured!!!

We just met some incredible people - and would not miss that part of the trip for anything - and both Peter and I look so much forward to "hooking" up again soon and sure hope we can extend our Driveway and crazy canuck hospitality to you all.

As we are home safe now - we ask ourselves why should this trip be any different to all the others we have had finding and picking up the two previous Vintage Finds???

I will have to start our own little thread to document our newest Chapter in our Airstream Follies......"Flight of the LadyBug"

For now it is just nice to sit back by the fire and put my feet up and just be greatful we are not spending time behind bars - or under them
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote