Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #3101
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Helllloooo there...look whose back

So I just joined another Gals vintage Trailer site up in canada....and had this awful pang of missing all my Silver Sisters over here on the Airforums. Well it took me a while to try and get back on - simply due to ISP's changing a few times.

Don't you love that cyber hole that is created - where you list an e-mail address but it no longer is available but the host just needs to send the new password request to that same e-mail - ha can never win that one...

So where the heck is everyone and how do we go about rattling the trees to bring the gals back here for a nice winter long chin wag... Yep that is right winter is fast coming and I just know there are some Sisters out there saying.....dang I wish we had those rip roaring campfires with all that wine and chocolate and home baked goodies here on line at our beckoning call.

...and the campfire stories of life, renos, ups and downs, new ideas and all that stuff. Yes I know our friends out west will make us jealous again with their Real Time Rallies - but there was a time where this Rally right here on line Rocked!!

Perhaps once a few of us chime in we can catch each other up...

Me well I'm alive, life moving on for a bit back to school and finished school had a great little starting photojournalism, then on hold for a bit while I recover from an ankle fusion surgery on week 10 of NWB with crutches and hopefully will be able to start WB in the next couple of weeks. Lot of PT ahead to rebuild muscles and tendons that have sat for 3 months. As soon as I can I really want to hook up and head south of the freeze line with my Friend Robin who has never been to the States yet. I sold our matrimonial home and Robin needed someone to help her recuperate from a partial knee replacement - so the timing was perfect - house closed on the Mar 4 and her surgery was mar 6. In April and May it was horrendously cold here and I could not get back into my trailer down at the RV site I was keeping her.
Turns out my surgery was in August and no need for me to keep the trailer there when I had a place at Robin's. So ModPod, Haily and myself are enjoying life here in Buckhorn a little place just north of Lakefield, with Robin as the perfect "nurse/caregiver". Nice for me too as it is close to my Dad who is now 82 - doing great and we get to spend a bit of time together every week.

Well that is it really not much else going on.

So come on down and say hello everyone....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #3102
Glamper Girl

2008 23' International
Sunny San Diego , California
I just attended the Albuquerque Balloon Fest and it was amazing. I had FABULOUS parking (2nd row) thanks to my new friends in the Central California Coast Unit of the Wbbci. The hundreds of balloons flew right over us. It was absolutely jaw dropping!! Hopefully the picture will post. I call it my "Time to get outta bed" photo. If you look carefully you can see my boyee sitting at the corner of the rig.

Soooooo.......I'm ready for my next trip! Maybe the AlumaFiesta in Tucson? Anyone attending?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2959.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	198701  
silverwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #3103
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Fantastic picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
I just attended the Albuquerque Balloon Fest and it was amazing. I had FABULOUS parking (2nd row) thanks to my new friends in the Central California Coast Unit of the Wbbci. The hundreds of balloons flew right over us. It was absolutely jaw dropping!! Hopefully the picture will post. I call it my "Time to get outta bed" photo. If you look carefully you can see my boyee sitting at the corner of the rig.

Soooooo.......I'm ready for my next trip! Maybe the AlumaFiesta in Tucson? Anyone attending?
What a fantastic picture! The boyee is so handsome! --Oh, and love the trailer too. I have the same one

Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:58 PM   #3104

1976 Argosy 26
Austin , Texas
Greetings

Hi everyone,

I'm joining in this thread as my first on the forum. Just bought my first trailer, a 1976 Argosy, same vintage model as me. I'm pretty handy but this will be my first chance to learn about electrical matters. I appreciate all womens' empowerment space so I'm glad to have found the Silver Sisters.
The trailer pretty much needs everything, and I'm ready to have a metaphor for freedom to go work on every day.

I have a random question-- I'm trying to transfer the title to my name and it asks for odometer reading. Is there an odometer hidden somewhere in the trailer that I haven't yet unearthed?

Thank you!
abriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:25 PM   #3105
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Welcome, abriel.

Odometer readings don't apply to trailers. They don't have one. But having to tell a bureaucrat in a windowless office that it's a trailer, not a motorhome may boost your blood pressure. Breath, smile, and celebrate registering your own trailer. Yay!

We have this online rally, but some of us also meet in real life. I went to one Silver Sisters rally on the central California coast and was inspired. It's a very supportive group.

For technical advice, you'll get more answers starting a separate thread rather than waiting for someone to find your question here. But for support, the Silver Sisters thread is a great refuge.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:01 PM   #3106
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Ohio

When we did this in Ohio, we had to have an employee from the license bureau come out and do an inspection. She looked at the "official" id tag on the body of the trailer saying its name, serial #, etc. She recorded all of that and they we got the rest of the paperwork done.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:08 PM   #3107
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abriel View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm joining in this thread as my first on the forum. Just bought my first trailer, a 1976 Argosy, same vintage model as me. I'm pretty handy but this will be my first chance to learn about electrical matters. I appreciate all womens' empowerment space so I'm glad to have found the Silver Sisters.
The trailer pretty much needs everything, and I'm ready to have a metaphor for freedom to go work on every day.

I have a random question-- I'm trying to transfer the title to my name and it asks for odometer reading. Is there an odometer hidden somewhere in the trailer that I haven't yet unearthed?

Thank you!

Hi, welcome to the forum. As mentioned above, trailers don't have odometers. Sometimes DMV just doesn't get it. I had trouble registering my trailer when it was new. I think the Silver Sisters have been asleep for about six months. They will be happy that you woke them up.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:56 AM   #3108
'53 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Encinitas , California
Welcome!

Welcome Abriel!
Congrats on your trailer!!!!
I went to the same rally as Barbie but sans trailer... we are doing a shell-off restoration on our '53 Flying Cloud... work has got in the way over the past few years, but we did tow it to Three Rivers for a rally this month It is our silver tent...
Where is your home base?
Cheers!
Lisa

Lisa and Chris
1953 Flying Cloud
1970 Campster
Old 04-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #3109
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Welcome Abriel! I too have an argosy that is the same vintage as myself...1978! welcome aboard and look forward to seeing your progress!!
Loren

Sent from my DROID4 using Airstream Forums mobile app
Old 04-01-2014, 08:44 PM   #3110
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
dallas , Texas
Hi...

this sounds fun

i am in
hippygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #3111
Glamper Girl

2008 23' International
Sunny San Diego , California
2nd ANNUAL GIRLS NIGHT OUT

The 1st ANNUAL GIRLS NIGHT OUT was such a hit we decided to do it again!!

This year, the 2nd Annual Girls Night Out will be held from May 30-June 1st at South Carlsbad State Beach. Campsites are located atop a bluff with several staircases that lead to wide sandy beaches below. This is one of the best campgrounds along the ocean from California's central coast to the southern border. It offers expansive ocean views from most campsites. An onsite general store offers firewood, a laundromat, board rentals and other supplies. Amenities include a picnic table, fire ring, flush toilets and showers.

Weekend Itinerary:
Friday night meet and Greet
Saturday pampering from mobile spa
Saturday night site #161 will be hosting a BYOB Cocktail Hour in which all GLAMPERS are welcome. Please reply to the rally discussion link (provided below) if you are interested in attending.

This venue is at maximum capacity, but you can log into Reserve America http://www.reserveamerica.com/campsiteSearch.do
and "create an availability notification" to be notified when park cancelations occur or you can arrive Friday AM to request "walk in" availability. Most importantly don't feel left out if you can't negotiate a site. Just contact me for details about Sat nights Cocktail Hour and come meet the Girls!!

Here's the link to the Rally Discussion, We look forward to seeing you there!! http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...ut-118064.html

From one Glamper to another,
Reiko
Old 04-07-2014, 12:11 AM   #3112
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Hi all! I'm registered for Thursday night and on the wait list for Friday & Saturday night. Yay!! I can't wait to meet you gals!!

~Cari~ aka Carlita
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #3113
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Edmond , Oklahoma
Where have the girls gone?

I just discovered this thread but looks inactive for the past 4+ years. Did this group relocate? I have been a member of the forums since 2017 but just finally found and purchased my first airstream a few months ago. I also have a 1983 Avion trailer which I still use and cherish. I would love to connect with other female owners. I'm married and tend to ride shotgun, but would love to build my confidence and have a few solo go's.

Lisa
Lisarhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:35 AM   #3114
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
I’ve joined the thread. Nothing special to add, but I’m looking forward to the day when I’ll have to take over.
Outdoors4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #3115
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
My opinion and the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisarhr View Post
I just discovered this thread but looks inactive for the past 4+ years. Did this group relocate? I have been a member of the forums since 2017 but just finally found and purchased my first airstream a few months ago. I also have a 1983 Avion trailer which I still use and cherish. I would love to connect with other female owners. I'm married and tend to ride shotgun, but would love to build my confidence and have a few solo go's.

Lisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoors4me View Post
I’ve joined the thread. Nothing special to add, but I’m looking forward to the day when I’ll have to take over.
Hi, the title explains most of it. "Online Rally" They just mostly talk about being at a Rally and saying girl stuff like I will bring the wine, and I will bake some cookies Etc Etc. They had a local to us girls rally once. My wife doesn't tow so I said that I would take my wife to this rally and keep to myself so the girls can be girls. I helped some of them park their trailers and anything else that they needed. In the end, they never invited my wife to join in anything that they were doing. VERY RUDE. My wife said to never ever take her to another stupid girls rally.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #3116
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well I think it was much more than what Robertsunrus has implied. I am sorry about his wife’s experience. However, the Silver Sisters was all about learning how to tow their Airstream solo.

I joined the group in 2007. There were several rallies organized by what I would call a core group of women. Over the course of several years, health, and relationships, deteriorated the group participation. Many Ladies, including myself left to deal with life, only to return, to find no activity on the thread.

The thread was the most active during the winter months, sharing ideas, renovations, crafts, recipes and having virtual campfires to pass the snowy nights.

After a long seven years, I am now able to travel in my Airstream again. I hope to start up new Silver Sister friendships along the road perhaps rekindle friends from the past.

PS. The men did not like our special group- ha they were not allowed, simply because they created too much drama, and possibly felt threatened because women who tow can be independent and make key decisions with or without their other half. It was a time where we could learn things about our trailer without feeling incompetent in the eyes of our spouses. Not all spouses are created equal. Some would never dream of allowing their wives to take the wheel, just as many women don’t wish to. For those who did, for equality and safety as well as pleasure thrived in their learning experiences going on to being road warriors.

I say to all, keep on coming back, post, ask questions and have fun....perhaps we can revive the Silver Sisters- Chapter Two!!
Old 08-14-2018, 05:27 PM   #3117
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Edmond , Oklahoma
Would it make sense to move this to a new thread or group? I am new to the forum and still learning how it works, but this group was hard to find and I was looking for something like it. Making it easier to find might encourage more participation. Just a thought! I'm glad there are a few like minded ladies out there.

I'd like to hear more stories from women who 'Stream solo or who do the hitching and towing while their partners navigate from the passenger seat.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:07 PM   #3118
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisarhr View Post
Would it make sense to move this to a new thread or group? I am new to the forum and still learning how it works, but this group was hard to find and I was looking for something like it. Making it easier to find might encourage more participation. Just a thought! I'm glad there are a few like minded ladies out there.

I'd like to hear more stories from women who 'Stream solo or who do the hitching and towing while their partners navigate from the passenger seat.
That might be a great idea. Perhaps we could chew on it a bit come up with a catchy thread name like a sequel.

I have just hit the road today on a 5 week trip to Nova Scotia.

A sad delay, in having to gently send my Golden if almost 16 years off to Rainbow Bridge on Sunday afternoon. She will be missed dearly. This will be my first trip in the ModPod without her!

Will check back after the arrival at our destination , Liverpool NS
Old 08-18-2018, 07:54 AM   #3119
Rivet Master

2018 16' Sport
Charlotte , Vermont
I'm in!

Kim
Charlotte, VT
2010 F-150, 5.4l, V8, 3.55; Bramble: 2018 Bambi Sport 16
farafield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:12 AM   #3120
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Edmond , Oklahoma
Wow. 16 years. It's hard to say goodbye. Safe travels!

Lisa