Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #2961
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Thanks Wheel Interested!

Hey thanks! I love your humor, btw. It feels so good to laugh! Anyhoo, I hope you stay warm & cozy in all that snow! Thanks again for the warm welcome!! I'll be seeing ya!! Take care.
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #2962

1965 22' Safari
clovis , California
Safari Sister

I have a 22 ft 65 Safari, just working out all the fix-its. Do any of you know what the orig curtains look like. I have nautical, sailboats, etc in blue and red. They look original but don't know if they have value or toss em. I am a Sister on the Fly. are any of you?
shonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #2963
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Welcome Safari Sister! Nice to have a Sister on the Fly with us. I love seeing those trailers and envy your excursions. I know there are silver sisters here that enjoy flyfishing.

I had a look at these Airstreams in the archive but they all had different curtains or non. I bet Shari would know. She does wonderful prizewinning restorations of the vintage Airstreams.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f91/...irl-31084.html

65Safari

Also you can use the AirForums advanced search engine to locate 1965 22' Safari owners and look at their galleries or private message them to inquire.

We would love to see pictures of your Airstream. Will you be having graphics put on the outside? The ones I have seen are all so cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sofair.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	126527  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #2964
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonto View Post
I have a 22 ft 65 Safari, just working out all the fix-its. Do any of you know what the orig curtains look like. I have nautical, sailboats, etc in blue and red. They look original but don't know if they have value or toss em. I am a Sister on the Fly. are any of you?
Welcome to the forums shonto...

I'm on the fly all right and definitely a sister! but don't do well in that context of the real sisters on the fly - with all that fishing - oh my. I can tow it anywhere but will cave in a second having to either put a worm on hook or take a fish off a hook - and would not have the patience to sit more than three seconds waiting for that perfect "land" is it??

I do remember many years ago reading all about the club and thought it would be really great - just fishing is not my thing. However, my girlfriend loves to fish - apparently - but she has not had the pleasure to find out my talents in that area yet - ha thank goodness - might be a quick end to a wonderful friendship. Thus far we stick to the sticks - golfing that is.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #2965
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
checkin' in

Hi Silver Sisters,
Just checking in. Looks like we have lots of new members here. I was just wondering how many Silver Sisters will be at the Alumapalooza rally at Jackson Center at the end of the month? If you are coming please look me up.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #2966
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Gals - it is pretty quiet in the neck of the woods. Only took me a few minutes to catch up from January - where is everyone? The poor newbies will think we have all been hi-jacked by some aluminities alien or something.

Lets see - what is new on our front...Peter and I are selling our home - going to list for when he goes back to work. He is hoping all will be well on that front by June 6th. So we have spent the last three days purging and emptying all our out buildings. Making several runs to the dump and putting all sorts of stuff ready for a garage sale or auction - I'm voting on the auction cause I am not into garage sales. Some of the good stuff we will put on that site called kijiji. Sold lots on there actually.

Have worked through the basement and three outbuildings. Now we face the huge garage and the other storage shed and you can bet what those are filled with - YEP airstream parts - way way way too many of them. Have a few people interested in a few things but then we are going to put the whole lot up as one big sale. If no takers then it will go down to the auction.

We have a few reno jobs to do in the house before we list - the main one is to put in a two piece in the master bedroom. The rest is just touch up and staining. Install some flooring in the sunroom and change out the exterior doors for new ones.

After that - Peter says he will tinker with the Ladybug and get it finished. Without any other big things on his plate that should keep him happy until we sell.

Me I have the gardens to do - they have been neglected now since about 08. In the interim I am applying to the south for an internship with either a daily or weekly newspaper for a couple of weeks. For my school internship requirements. I have to do a stint in Canada in the Spring of next year - so it will put me on the top of the list with the US experience.

I hope to get in some traveling this summer -but not if the pennies from heaven don't fly my way. With the house purging out of the way and selling off our personal stuff I should pull a few pennies and free up some time to work on some freelance sales.

Peter is learning quickly that after surgery you don't bounce back like you were 20. All new to him. He has excellent sugars and is doing well at the purging and moving stuff to the dump - but a little disappointed in his energy levels. Have been giving him the pep talks in having more patience with himself and not to overdo it. I guess what he does not realize is that his body is like an infection right now - and the immune system wants to fight the new cells, whereas the drugs are resisting - so he has a big conflict inside that will sap his energy until it all levels out.

He is itching to get back to work - but I also think he is a little apprehensive at the same time. I hope to take him out for a weekend in the Modpod once we are all set with the house being listed. Then we can sit back and relax.

I have lots of maintenance to do on the ModPod. Corrosion is the big one. Tail lights are terrible and some filiform in spots here and there. The underbelly tanks all need sanding and re-painting. A few little things inside the trailer too. Just stuff that has worked its way loose with all the miles I have put on her in the last couple of years. Need to upholster the new L-seating and anchor it down a bit better as several screws came loose my last trip.

So what is everyone else up to?
Old 05-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #2967
1 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
1975 26' Argosy 26
Flora , Indiana
Hi loudruff,
Trent and I will be at Alumapalooza and will try to look you up! We will be traveling with my sisters and brother-in-laws with their trailers. This will be a first time for all of us. We are really looking forward to just having a good time. The pics from years past sure look like fun. Hope to see you there.
st.stephan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #2968
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Hi again

We will be there. Larry and I will be helping folks get parked. We are praying for no rain! It is so so so soggy here. Another band of storms just moved through our area. We were lucky and missed the hail.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #2969
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
I think we need to have another silver sisters rally. I would be willing to help host it if we plan it for sometime in the fall Thoughts?
Old 05-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #2970
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I miss Jamie, Steph, Suz, Vicki, Danielle, Karen, Paula and Sharon!!! I don't think its the hosting that is problematic. Last spring we could only get three sisters to come together at Tawas for a rally. Though as always it was GREAT FUN! I think an activitiy rather than event rally would be super. Also think location, location, location...What have you got in mind Loren? Don't forget Miss Rivette, Laura and her sisters. Perhaps a trip to Ludington would be fun. It would be great to keep the rally exclusive again to towing women. Now there are so many new sisters to share the empowering experience with. Fall is the most beautiful season of the year for camping. Good idea. Change it up and see what files.

photography
Old 05-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #2971
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
This time your mom can come with you instead of Lorrita. Yes I feel a party coming on!!!!!!!!!!! Can you aim for fall colors peak? Also Taquamenon Falls Michigan is a great place in the fall!

photography
Old 05-26-2011, 05:18 AM   #2972
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Yeah right, no larita?! Besides I would be remiss if my hubby didn't get a new name and be aloud to get in touch with his inner diva. He wears pink well. Anyway, so far I am the one who tows in our relationship tho he is learning!
As far as location, well, I can't get too far from home due to work schedules. That being said, does anyone have some recommendations? I am not 100% sure who is located where. I was thinking some place close to Oh/Mi/In borders. Will do some research and post some options and see who is interestested.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:07 AM   #2973
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Hello from North Carolina-been busy, busy. We are trying to sell our house in order to move to a family farm outside of Asheville. We sold the Silver Princess to an artist who is contemplating turning it into a mobile gallery. I was very sad to see her go but at least she went to someone who appreciates her. We still have our Silver Queen and more than likely she will be become our temporary permanent home when we are able to break ground for our much downsized house. R is doing well right now and looking forward to our move. We have adopted a beautiful Great Pyr named Opal. She is a love. My right knee has been acting uup and I had surgery to clean out some frayed cartlidge and scrape the bone-yeah, it hurt like hell but is much better now.With our plans to downsize by 50% I am becoming the Goodwill man's best friend. How can anyone accumulate that much "stuff." Sharon, you and Peter have had an incredible adventure-I feel a book coming out of this. I hope your next semester is a little less exciting! The first thing we did was buiild a beautiful fire pit and have had some amazing comapfires-we hope to have facilities in place for visitors by the end of July. Ya'll come visit, hear!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:12 AM   #2974
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh hum here comes life again...

Hey Dannie - you have a new puppy!!! need to see pics please...

It is sad that you have to part with your Princess -but happy that she has a nice new owner.

Your new place sounds like you are coming along - I know could be much faster than what you are having to go through....at least try not to think to much and enjoy those campfires and just getting away. There will be a right person out their that will fall in love with your house - heck if I had the money I would buy it! I will certainly MISS backing into your driveway - at 1:00am in the morning on my trips north and south.

OMG - I have finally surfaced from our Outbuildings. I have never done so much box opening sorting tossing and organizing in all my life. Peter has done as much as he can - I have had to be very cautious in not pushing him. I get about 1.5 hrs at a time from him. He has not been very well these past few weeks. Fighting a low grade infection - with low neutrefils sp? - but they are now on the rise and he feels much better today - but still lacking energy and staying power.

It certainly does not help that his Medical Insurance company has arbitrarily denied his benefits and just stopped the cheques with NO warning or requests for further medical information or clarification. All they are looking at is that he was a diabetic and now he is not - they have no idea on all the other changes that are going on and his recovery from the surgeries and stress and now dealing with the immune suppressant disease. The Dr. had signed him off based on her assessment to June 15 back in April. His initial leave was to May 8th which was to allow him to return from Edmonton and then an incharge Dr. update had to be done from the Ontario side. His work will not take him back earlier because of health liability - and now he has to appeal the insurance company to get his more than eligible medical benefit pay - for the past 4 weeks - this could take forever - and we are penniless as it is - thank god for my Dad and all our debtors being so understanding of our situation. This is the last thing Peter needed on top of having to sell our place!

I am so desperate for work now I have decided to take a week long course to get my Security Guard License. The agency that does the training will sign me up upon my examination. I start on Monday - and finish Friday with the Exam on the following Wednesday. Of course this is not my full time ambition in life - but it is a perfect side pocket license to have with the nature of my future Photojournalism freelance work. I can go where the work is. And having the trailer makes me an employee with a special bonus of being able to be onsite for various jobs. When I go back to school in the fall I can also apply for the College Security positions - they were available last year but I did not have a license (heck I did not know they brought in a new law in 2007 that requires it) soon they will submit a bill to wipe your butt..

Modpod is calling for my attention. I have power issues, Jack issues, coupler tongue issues, corrosion issues that all need to be taken care of.

I have a few more hours in the garage to put a few things back in their place and then I will get to play with her the rest of the day.

Do some much needed gardening next. Then some staining and painting in the kitchen - and I will be done all I can in prep for listing. We are going to be delayed now with no funds to put in the second bathroom - which we have to have in order to list at the level we need to.

Yep look at that time - having a bit of insomnia of late - hmm wonder why...
Old 06-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #2975
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
I miss Jamie, Steph, Suz, Vicki, Danielle, Karen, Paula and Sharon!!! .....
Oh me too!!! Been in hiding long enough and I am itching to go to a Rally - it has been a very long time. Last one I was at was Ohio with the Guest Appearance from Clint Eastwood - aka Ralph. That was the spring I landed home with pneumonia.

I almost made it to last Junes Rally at the factory - but glad I did not stay - as it was a quagmire and rained the whole time. Had much nicer weather south. Then I was traveling all summer and straight to school upon my return.

If you do the fall I will miss it again I am afraid. Unless I can squeeze in a long weekend. I can push a 500 mile trip with the 3 day weekend timing, that is about it.

What about the Northeast Ohio area - is that too far for the MI's? have no idea what is up there - only remember it being very flat - ha could be some interesting corn fields eh Carol?

It would be great to meet some of the new brave Silver Sisters.

I am hoping our situation will improve over the next several weeks and I might be able to get out on the road for a few weeks. I have not stopped since I started out with Peter to Edmonton the beginning of last July!

Well I did have a week south for my spring break - but did not do the trailer thing - did the Planes Trains and automobile(bus) nightmare. Anyone see that John Candy Movie
Old 06-02-2011, 12:52 AM   #2976
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
One last post before my eyes close....

Thought I would give you ladies first kick at the can....

I have a roll of approx 35 yards - faux suede sage green RV upholstery grade material that I don't need anymore.

I had planned to use it for the Ladybug to do the two couches and valances in the GT63. But that is now Peter's trailer.

He has always liked the dinette in the CCD - and I wanted an L-lounge pull out instead with a smaller table. So he has taken the CCD dinette and will install in the GT - she is a no name right now - as he does not suit "LadyBug"

I had bought similar material but navy blue for our first Trailer MoonBeam but we ended up selling it before I had a chance to recover all the cushions. Peter much prefers the blue over the sage green.

Here is a couple of pics.

Name:	_DSC7712.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	131354

Name:	_DSC7711.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	325.9 KB
ID:	131353
Old 06-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #2977
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
How about a not so old-fashioned pajama party? Need a little girl time to have a giggle fit and find your way to a friend?

As Airstreamers we have the opportunity to meet many amazing women along the road, women who are strong, caring, independent, creative, opinionated, kind, unique and truly inspirational. Let's make it a point to come together to enjoy the special friendship and sisterhood that we as Silver Sisters can. The PJ Rally will provide a unique experience for sharing wisdom, stories, secrets, support and laughter with each other - as only women can. Let this be a celebration of girl time that we can cherish together. We know that in good times and bad, through all the cycles of our lives we are always there for each other.

Forge new friendships, deepen old ones and most important of all have fun. Come on your own, with a friend or gather the gals in a caravan. Come enjoy spending quality time and some good giggles with the most important women in your life.

photography
Old 06-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #2978
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

We should be able to come up with some time and place. How about sooner rather than later. It would be nice to get away before fall in my opinion. Sharon? Lauren? Wouldn't it be great if we could get all our interested sisters together.

I have actually started a new thread here...
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...ml#post1000362

photography
Old 06-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #2979
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Let's rally!!

It sounds fun to me!!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #2980
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Lets see your AS

I know there is a ton of other threads that people can post to for interior pics - but lots of times all I scan is THIS thread. Sort of like sitting around the campfire and then have a spontaneous "open" house...so grab a drink and lets run an open house for a bit...

I would love to see what everyone is traveling and camping in these days...

I had posted a few of my ModPod the other day in discussions about changing out dinettes for something different... I never really liked the dinette - the bathroom door did not open all the way and the table was really high when you sat on the benches. - as there is a wheel well to contend with you could really only seat two adults comfortably - so I decided L-seating would be so much more comfortable.

I had two pedestal tables made - so that I could use just one in either location or both snapped together if I needed more eating area.

Name:	DSC_8402.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	131665

Name:	DSC_8407.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	131666

Name:	_DSC7523.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	131658

I also found making up the dinette bed was such a hassle and darn uncomfortable as well...so thought the slide out bed was so much more functional and provided a much bigger bed almost 7 feet long! and the same width the dinette was.

Name:	DSC_8390.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	131664

Name:	_DSC7527.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	131659

I'm kinda into naming the trailers and keeping some stuff from one to the next.

I kept the MoonBeam wall mirror - and from my LadyBug days - I kept some of the trinkets, and went with the colour red - although the unit is called ModPod - I still have the nickname LadyBug - or LadyB - you can take the B anyway you want

I painted the file holders Red, and the upper cupboard ends red as well. I ditched the orange chair and went with a leather Ottoman, that has storage, and the seat turns over to make a nice cocktail table - if I want the Lounge seating to be even more casual with more room by taking the table away.

I changed out the curtains in the front - that did not do very much for privacy or keeping out the morning sun - (night out and don't get up early - always missing that 11:00 am check out time )

Name:	_DSC7539.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	131660

I got rid of that accordion privacy thing that always fell off the track and never closed all the way! - to a matching free-flowing curtain - that is as easy as a hospital curtain. I took the crappy plastic curtain slide off and replaced it with some aluminum curtain track from the 99 excel wreck we had. It really works perfect. I can either have the curtain all the way to the right or left or part way - and Haily can come underneath and lay in her favourite spot on the ladybug carpet. It does not cut of the AC air to the back like the other one did and it tucks nicely back into the same compartment the accordion one lived in.

Name:	_DSC7540.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	131661

Love my sheep skin!!! Sorry animal lovers...

Paula had a really nice custom bed made - much thicker than the standard that came with it - that brings the bed height just bellow the window. So you can actually lay in bed and look out the window without sitting up or propping up on pillows.

Just waiting for two more things to finish her off. New window blinds or venetians - can't decide - Was thinking of getting Dannie to custom Paint the existing blinds - ha Dannie did I not mention that before tee hee. Would mean I would have to come and stay at the mountain for an extended period

And lastly, to recover the seat cushions - right now they are sporting econo fleece blankets from Wally World - but want to recover with the red leather to match my ottoman. Something I would have tackled several years ago but now - I just can't be bothered - and don't have the time nor the inclination. So I need to find time when I can be without my seat cushions for an extended period - and when I have some money in my pocket again.

Name:	_DSC7838.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	450.1 KB
ID:	131663

This is what the interior did look like - this was posted on the classifieds just sold - it is an 04 - mine is an 05 but no different....

Peter has taken the dinette and will be fitting it into the GT on the curb side by the two windows - as he did not want two couches in there like the original design. He is tall so he fits the dinette when sitting at the table. He has the couch out of the excella for the front of the GT63 so he is quite happy with that. His bathroom will be much nicer than mine though as he has gone with the sport model shower unit - back vanity and toilet off to the street side. His Galley is going to be sweet too although not near as big as the CCD. He is putting in a microwave, toaster oven 2 burner cook top and he has the little fridge along with the big lobster bowl sink that he loves. When all said and done she will be a real sharp looking refit. I hope this time when he finishes the little Vintage baby that he will not see Dollar signs again and just sell it like he did my MoonBeam!!! I really hope he gets to enjoy it!!

2004 Airstream - Perfect Traveling Buddy - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstreams Trailers For Sale