Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #2161
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Dannie, all of us in the East will just have to RALLY sometime!!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #2162
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I have no idea when we can have the rally, I was thinking early June, what does everyone think?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #2163
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Laura I think you are Ms. Rivette 2009 too

Early June works for us. Isn't Shinim supposed to be hostess this year

I know she's running for cover!!
Old 12-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #2164
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I dont care who runs it this year, all I know is that it is a lot of work!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #2165
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Rivette rally? There is the International in July and Ralph's rally in July, perhaps something even earlier than June, what is that like 6 months from now... How about a caravan? We could meet at one campground and travel to another the next day or so?

Anyway I finally found a viable way to get us out of this SNOW and cold. There is a couples job at a luxury RV resort in the panhandle of Florida, but mr grinch yes GRINCH! doesn't want to leave ARGH!!!! Saints preserve me!

photography
Old 12-23-2008, 06:46 PM   #2166
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Are we going back to Ohio? Sharon won't come unless we go to Ohio
Old 12-23-2008, 07:15 PM   #2167
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista View Post
Are we going back to Ohio? Sharon won't come unless we go to Ohio
Ha! - It is a beautiful State - hmm cause they make Airstreams, and ah um Lou and Larry are cool residents. And hmm lets see Yep there is Barb Boo Boo a real cool lady too....anddddd.....lets see yeah there is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame......could you give me a few other good reasons that would entice me - as my first time there I remember it taking me almost 12 hours but had a hell of a time meeting all the Rivettes

Hey do you remember the RODENT picture???

But Naaaaa no more Rallies there please - I have got to change my horrizon and broaden my intake of States beyond Ohio and Michigan - Sorry gals... Too much recipe in that neck of the woods. and real nasty **** in the water.

I would like to see something a little further southeast perhaps - hey we have a few newbies from the GA NC NY areas too...

I think it might be a little healthy for THE MI gals to high tail it out for some fresh air too

But I guess you won't eh Steph not without that Stanley Cup!

Seriously though - Don't care where the rally is - if I can make it I will.

I am getting geared for my departure early Feb - leaving for 2 months - heading to the south east - so I might scope out some interesting places.

I swear we are living in the North Pole here!! I thought we had a lot of snow last year! This is NUTS...

And who was teasing the other day on the wonderful weather they were having...
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2413_2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	406.8 KB
ID:	72842

This is what I have to say about that!!!!!

Name:	DSC_2414_2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	423.2 KB
ID:	72843

Ha ha Carol time to cash in that H of yours and get WARM!

Anyone else heading south or at least to golfing weather???? Yep I am heading to the links and taking some time away to get my wisdom of life put back together so I can enjoy some sort of retirement if I reach 2015
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #2168
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well ladies you will pleased to know that I have scored some bottles of Croft Sherry...So I will live some German cut crystal glasses, a few bottles and how about two bite brownies.

Cheers Everyone!!!

Hope you all Have a Very Merry Christmas and A Very Happy and Safe (and prosperous) New Year
Old 12-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #2169
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
That's a great shot Sharon. Wow have you got the SNOW! 2 months! That is fantastic! Rally mews (muse) Elsewhere is always better, it better be.

photography
Old 12-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #2170
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yes and lets not forget Carol's Birthday on the 25th!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:15 AM   #2171
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
Yes and lets not forget Carol's Birthday on the 25th!!!
hmm Did you get a day Pass for good behavior or something Airboss. (pulling your chain ole boy!!)

You sure do like hanging out with the Gals eh? Hope Santa brings you a little sweetie to keep your bones nice and warm and your recipie topped up!!!

Yeah Carol how OLD are ya NOW!!!

Airboss - see the logic in bringing that subject up on a Women's thread - hmmm better put a helmet on buddy....I hear there is lots of wet snow out there for some pretty awesome snowballs that are going to come your way....and I know that Carol has a pretty good arm for flinging stuff....
Old 12-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #2172
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Sharon, that shot reminded me of the blizzard of 1978 when I was living in Toledo... OY VEY! That's snow!

Down here in Nashville it's 60s and rain... and wind. Felt like it was going to topple the highrise down. Ten floors up you can really feel it, especially since were on a high hill.

Happy early birthday Carol!

Hope y'all have a wonderful blessed Christmas. Enjoy time with family, quiet moments, and the joy of the season through the eyes of a child!

Hugs and love!
/Lois
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #2173
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all Silver Sisters and I will include brothers also...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:23 PM   #2174
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Lois, hey Annie, and now for you Ralph and Sharon!

How old am I??? If I were a car I would seriously consider turning back the odometer.

Name:	snowball copy.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	72880
Name:   face_240x120.gif
Views: 175
Size:  6.4 KB

photography
Old 12-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #2175
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yeah Sharon out on Parole here... Have to be back in the old folks home before midnight...Well Im sure Carol has no problem with being 39 (again).. So no Helmet Required.. (I Hope). One more thing Miss Smartie Pants......Carol is very good at flinging stuff but never have I seen her use her arms for it...
Old 12-26-2008, 03:33 PM   #2176
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Happy Birthday!

Carol, we hope that you had a wonderful Christmas birthday! How wonderful to have all the celebration going on around you! Did you have company? Did the kids come up for Christmas, or did you get to see those new grandbabies? Do tell all!!! WE don't care how old you are! We love you no matter what age the calendar says!!! Best wishes! Hope you do something fun to celebrate!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:10 PM   #2177
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hello, all, happy Christmas birthday to Carol, and hopes that everyone has had merry holidays. I shook my head this morning when the first thing I heard by the anchors of one of the morning news shows saying that Christmas was now over and it was time for hitting the stores for after-Christmas sales. Where are the twelve days of Christmas? Epiphany or Three Kings Day? I cannot imagine undergoing all the buildup of the holiday only to say it was OVER on Dec.26. Am I alone thinking this? We had several lovely days with family around. It seems like I turned into a marathon chef with help from Max. Someone was always wanting to eat or it was time for another celebration meal. Whew! I am glad to have that part past! We had some sadnesses: my mom's stroke, Steve's sudden worsening kidneys with dialysis starting in a week or so after surgery to put in a temporary port, subsequent cancellation of our long-awaited January holiday to Key Largo, and the loss of our dear Wally dog, but somehow, though in my mind I was dreading the actuality of Christmas Day, we all had fun, and all the worries seem more manageable now. I believe that Life tempers us and makes us stronger day by day. Enough of us...I just heated some coffee with Baileys, the fire is lit, and let the holidays keep coming! Joy to you all...~Georgia
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #2178
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Georgia, I too hope that we can hold onto that holiday season and spirit as long as we can. One day is not nearly enough. I remember my mother putting Easter eggs on the tree, how's that for extending the season? By July the woman downstairs was complaining that the flocking and needles from the tree now removed to the balcony was causing her endless snow and sweeping on her patio.

Well that was Mom, even though she was a ribbon demonstator, had the account for decorating the trees in a key location on Lake Shore Drive Chicago, trees across the nation in Lawrence shopping center, had two shops for her creativity and a professional gift wrapper, etc., etc., she would distribute plain wrapped boxes to the family and we would wrap our own presents, not knowing whose was whose.

But the spirit of cherishing family and friends, the joy of giving of one's self to others through acts of thoughtfullness, the beauty of falling snow and warm hearths, (for we Northerners...Southerners have the joy of actually having gorgeous Pointsettias)and our hope and faith in our Grand Creator and giver of life, does remain with us all through the year.

You've had more than your share of bumps in the road this year G. but we are glad to hear that with family assembled you enjoyed a wonderful time together.

Wishing you and all a renewal of love, joy, peace, patience and harmony in the coming new year.

photography
Old 12-29-2008, 09:47 AM   #2179
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Carol, we hope that you had a wonderful Christmas birthday! How wonderful to have all the celebration going on around you! Did you have company? Did the kids come up for Christmas, or did you get to see those new grandbabies? Do tell all!!! WE don't care how old you are! We love you no matter what age the calendar says!!! Best wishes! Hope you do something fun to celebrate!
Believe it or not Lou, Brad and I actually don't celebrate the traditional holidays any more, or observe the traditional customs. So no cake or presents for my birthday, though unfortunately that still does not exempt the years from piling on!

We chose Thanksgiving with the kids this year. With us living out of state so far from home visits are quite limited and with their extended set of familes they are homebased for the holidays to share the season with so many.

I have been so warmly extended so many good wishes here on the forum that you all have made me feel so good and break out in smiles spontaneously just thinking about my friends and that is the best gift of all. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

photography
Old 12-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #2180
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
So how old am I? Each day I wake up is a gift. However...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	maxine_mondays.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	73074  

photography