Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #2101
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Sue, I don't think you could find a group of more welcoming women. Come in outta the cold and don't you be lonesome no more no more.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:59 PM   #2102
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
That Silver Streak of yours is a beautiful cousin to our Airstreams, right? Cozy right on in here near the fire...dang, it's COLD! We had a one degree wind chill this am...way too early for that! I know some of you have had snows already. We've had wispy airblown flurries, but our first real storm is due thiscoming Monday, from the southwest where our "humdingers" blow in to us. Piling on lots of wood, and a few mesquite chunks. I just love that aroma. It takes me back to a January in Santa Fe with sifting powder snow falling like the gentlest of rainy mists. Congratulations, Auntie Laura ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #2103
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Well, as promised, here is our little baby Lila!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #2104
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Look how new she is!!!! Nice pictures Laura. All that dark hair too. Looks like Auntie is proud and happy. Happy b-day Lila.

photography
Old 12-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #2105
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
She is so pretty, love all that hair. Don't you just love the way a baby smells? Makes me miss my newest grand, Charlotte, 4 months now.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #2106
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow Aunty M Aunty M - no wait that would be Aunty L Aunty L..

I don't know Laura that sweet little girls looks so so good on you - I think all us Silver Sisters just might have to invest in some silver wands to fetch you a baby maker - what do ya think??? SS's

Silver Streak - hey Sue we ain't picky - the more around the campfire the more chocolate and special drinks we can indulge during the cold brrrr winter months.

It is really great that the "Ladies Lounge" is opening up.

I might be heading to the NC SC and GA area in Feb/March - would love to pop by and see your new 65's....

Be sure to post pics of your cool 65's now when you get them home safe and sound.

Hey Carol thanks for that order...and after last winter I think I have acquired the patience of Job...nothing can be as bad as last year....well maybe except having to have dental surgery that ranks up there with super scary!!!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:45 AM   #2107
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Don't fret Sharon, ask for something to relax you before you go to the dentist then once you get the laughing gas, sit back and ENJOY!

photography
Old 12-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #2108
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Thanks for all the nice comments.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:05 AM   #2109
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Don't fret Sharon, ask for something to relax you before you go to the dentist then once you get the laughing gas, sit back and ENJOY!
Actually they are doing the big anesthetic and full jaw freezing as well - I will be drooling for years
Old 12-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #2110
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Oh..

My Oh My! Dental surgery sounds icky! I hope you get through that with flying colors, Sharon! Sorry to hear that you are going to have to get through the holiday season with that! That is one way to go on a diet! Yikes!

Laura, what a precious little baby! Hope you get to do lots of cooing and holding in! Spoil her rotten!!! Is this the first grandbaby for your dad?

Hope you are all having a great weekend. It is very very cold here, but nary a snowflake....yet! Ohio's snow belt seems to be getting it all, but then this is Ohio and things can change in a blink!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #2111
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
This is not my dads grandchild. As i stated before, this is my half sister, my dads step daughter.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:17 AM   #2112
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Send a message via AIM to siouxcitygro
Thank You ! Nice to be here!!

Thank you for the welcome!! I am not alone anymore YEA YEA!! To answer your question, yes my Silver Streak is your cousin. As far as I have heard, some people split, started building the SS then the gas prices got bad, they stopped making them. A fellow told me and from what I have read, there were only 12 made and four left on the road. I would give you a picture but don't know how.
Thank you again for letting be be a part of the campfire! I am planning a trip to the Black Hills in june, my first outing alone. I can do this!! I am learning so much here! I think I figured out the picture thing, I hope.
Sue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	r1751.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	72232  
Attached Images

siouxcitygro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #2113
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile She's adorable!

Wow Laura she's just adorable!! How sweet!!
Old 12-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #2114
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Yea, she is really cute! Couldnt ask for more!

Old 12-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #2115
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Would love to have your company in Feb/March. I'll try posting pictures but you can also go to my blog at http://www.humzoo.com/Dannie - let me know if this works The title of the blog is streamofconsciousness Part 1 and Part I blog there about my family and living ina small town-feel free to read any that you like.

Any of the Silver sisters who are interested are invited to check out this blog site. I have been writing here since last March and find its an easy way for me to keep in touch with my daughters.

Will try to get some pictures up tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #2116
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by siouxcitygro View Post
Thank you for the welcome!! I am not alone anymore YEA YEA!! To answer your question, yes my Silver Streak is your cousin. As far as I have heard, some people split, started building the SS then the gas prices got bad, they stopped making them. A fellow told me and from what I have read, there were only 12 made and four left on the road. I would give you a picture but don't know how.
Thank you again for letting be be a part of the campfire! I am planning a trip to the Black Hills in june, my first outing alone. I can do this!! I am learning so much here! I think I figured out the picture thing, I hope.
Sue
Hey Sue you did great - What a cool looking Class C!!! I wish Airstream made a Class C like that - instead they have the Sprinter - but I am not really keen on the style of it - too thin - friends of ours drove them and they are really tippy in the wind.

I think the SS are really cool - actually anything that is aluminum and shinny is really cool.

We'll show ours if you show us yours tee hee.... Can't wait to see more pics on the interior too.

Would not be a Silver Sister Camp Fire if All Silver Sisters weren't welcome ALL THE TIME!!!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #2117
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
Would love to have your company in Feb/March. I'll try posting pictures but you can also go to my blog at humzoo - web sites that taste like cake - let me know if this works The title of the blog is streamofconsciousness Part 1 and Part I blog there about my family and living ina small town-feel free to read any that you like.

Any of the Silver sisters who are interested are invited to check out this blog site. I have been writing here since last March and find its an easy way for me to keep in touch with my daughters.

Will try to get some pictures up tomorrow.
Oh so cool - your blog was a pleasure to read...OI had vissions of the Long Long Trailer when Dezi took out their Aunts pergola at the side of the house...

Hey you could always let some air out of the tires to fit her under - then block her off the tires - Or rent some heavy duty dollies get on them and take the wheels right off and wheel her under the carport - that way you can work on her under cover... and save on the leaks until you can get her all nice and sealed up.

Well thanks Dannie for the nice warm reception to my idea of "inviting myself" tee hee - no shyness in this one Keeping my fingers crossed for some travel this winter. And the SC/NC/GA is the area I am wanting to go...I really want to get back into playing golf - it has been way too long and life is getting too short...
Old 12-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #2118
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
My Oh My! Dental surgery sounds icky! I hope you get through that with flying colors, Sharon! Sorry to hear that you are going to have to get through the holiday season with that! That is one way to go on a diet! Yikes!!
Hey Lou - how have you been?

Thanks - I am sure it will be fine - just not the best timing really - but then nothing in my life seems to be the best timing - you just have to live with it and make the best of it....

So for Christmas this year I am asking for an early present of a Milkshake maker and a package of really colorful straws....a special drooling pillow cover. And an around the neck chalk board with nice colourfull chalks to write with. oh yes and a pill crusher and lots of Bailey's to swish it all down with....

Then for my birthday I will be asking the insurance company to cover all my new bridge work - cause I really don't feel like wanting to be without some chompers.....but have to wait for the jaw bone to heal.

We are really chilly here today - wow -24c brrrrrrrr very windy.

We went to a great musical on Saturday and picked up my brother this morning and got him safely over to my parents place. Had a nice Prime Rib for dinner - and now I am off to bed as I am dead tired.....
Old 12-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #2119
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
But before I retire tonight ladies...

I would like to bring something a little different to the Campfire - just because life really is too short to be unhappy!!!!

There is always a reason for everything that happens in our lives - we just have to look at what is important - Happiness.

And you know sometimes we get way too hung up on where we are going when really......

"It's not where you are going - it is what happens along the way"
~Unknown

Finding Joy Movie
Old 12-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #2120
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Congrats

Hi Lila! What a beautiful little Angel you are.
Congrats to you and your family
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
Well, as promised, here is our little baby Lila!

76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote