Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #2021
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Oh, born in TN, now lives in Nashville, but grew up in Toledo, Ohio...
Travels on a dime... been known to drive 3 hours for a good cheeseburger

/Lois
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #2022
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Lois...Welcom to the forums!

Sounds like you are in for some great times with your Airstream...

Well as for initation we are not about to strip you naked and throw you up top of your airstream on a hot Texas day or nothing like that...

But for the likes of this chilly day - we might send you on the first run to get fire wood for the perpetual campfire....

And I know some ladies out there would love some chocolate!!!!! that would be a really awesome start....

Have any hobbies? besides your hubby and airstreams?
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #2023
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
...Well as for initation we are not about to strip you naked and throw you up top of your airstream on a hot Texas day or nothing like that...

But for the likes of this chilly day - we might send you on the first run to get fire wood for the perpetual campfire...

Have any hobbies? besides your hubby and airstreams?
I got one of those propane campfires... Can I use that? "I don'ts know nuthin' about choppin' no woods...."

Hmmm... lemme see... ex-healthcare marketing person (used to work for a division of a major pharmacy plan), retired to travel with hubby (Hubby's job take him out of town). Go figure that the year I retired, hubby's latest projects are in-town...Bwahahahahahaa.... rumor has it we're heading to Michigan (Reed City, I think) in 2009 for his next project.

Hobbies? Blogging (I write three blogs), cooking, reading, empty nester, mother hen (to kids dogs and other living things), fishing, travel, co-guardian to special needs brother, and professional CEO and CFO of the household...
WBCCI #4018

Old 11-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #2024
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
CEO of the household, I love that!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #2025
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Sorry to hear of your loss Laura...have a cookie!

If it makes you feel any better, I have been dealing with a similar loss myself this last two weeks...I was at a stoplight waiting for it to turn green on my way to work and some $#!@*% driver behind me in her (no joke!) red silk pajamas and fuzzy slippers rear ended me which caused me to hit the car in front of me. Everybody is fine - no serious injuries, but I'm still on painkillers & very stiff. They both drove away without hardly even a scratch, but my car was totaled. So, I had to go out & buy an unexpected "new car" - NOT what I wanted to do in this uncertain economy. My old car was just about paid for...not so with the replacement (even after the settlement) and it's essentially the same car with 5 years of more payments!

Talk about a lot of $$$...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #2026
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Shari that's horrendous and you too Laura. It is terrible that people act like that. Hope you have a speedy recovery. We're definitely in line to let off a little steam and have some fun. How about a girls' night out all?

Nice to meet you Loiis! You coming to Michigan, hey hey hey. How long will your hubby's project last? Maybe you can get in a rally or two while you're here. Propane is fine, I'll go get some hot chocolate for these great cookies.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:53 PM   #2027
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
And here's a dollop of Baileys to warm up the Chocolate, Carol. Baileys is like butter; it makes everything better and everyone happier That fire and cocoa warm me up. Fifteen degrees is forecast for tomorrow night. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Here's a toast to Laura and Shari, who need some solace and some healing. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 PM   #2028
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
You're the BEST G! Thank you. To Laura and Shari...*clink* Now I'm gonna go run get my lafuma and my blanket.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:04 PM   #2029
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Thanks Shari for the cookie. Your story reminded me, that things could always be worse, it funny you were talking about your car, I was telling my sister after everything happend, that at least it wasnt my car! Im trying to stay uplifting, but its hard, Carol knows, and Lois does as well, MY PHONE IS EVERYTHING TO ME! Well, maybe not everything, but it is my means of communication, but, I hope someone gets their brain working again, and turns it in. If i dont hear anything by Friday im ordering a new one. Thanks again Shari, your story really reminded me that it could always be worse.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:26 PM   #2030
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
oh dear

So sorry to hear that some of my silver sisters are having trying times this week. Not good! Stay upbeat if you can. I will put you all into my list of prayers! Seems like some weeks are like this doesn't it? I have been crabby all week. Maybe it is the weather! That's it! I need more sunshine! Wish the doc could write me a prescription for that!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:47 PM   #2031
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Yeah life is like that Lou...

My almost new iMac died right in the middle of working on my submissions and now I will miss the deadline. The mother board has pooched and I can not retrieve any of my data I was working on. And Of course I had not completed my November back up so I could not take them and work on them on my lap top...such is life. Have to wait till next years show or look for another opportunity.

Our TV has finally gone belly up too so we went out yesterday and bought a whole new Entertainment system.

wow Lois that is an impressive list to keep you hopping through your retirement.

Feeling a bit better Laura?

Shari nice cookies I was barly able to scrap some crumps by the time I saw your post...have not been on the computer much of late.

Lou how are you keeping and Larry has your baby all winterized now.

And you too Carol has been a while - hope you and Brad are doing well and he has recovered nicely. And Koa's elbow all healed?

I just picked up two cases of my favorite Blackcurrent Merlot and as soon as we clear our house of AV components sitting all over the place we will be starting two batches.....

Warm wishes out to Sue and Steph with your parents they do give us a bit of heartach and worry.

My Mom is doing great she was realeasd last wednesday and they had their first outing for dinner at our place on Saturday. I am starting slow in the assistance and will take two days a week and help Dad with house chores and take Mom to dialysis the other day To give Dad a bit of a respite.

We have splurged and paid for a ticket to fly my brother home for Xmas and he will help Peter build the new garage. So Xmas is at our house so I have lots of clean up and prep to get done.

I am looking forward to traveling - hoping I might get away this winter some time but will see how things go. Maybe I will treat myself this year and go to the Mardi Gras - heys Steph wanna go? Anyone else???

Tossing in some Canadian Kit Kats for some snacks sorry dry house at the moment....but since I know how to chop wood and do that thing with the axe here a stock of wood for the week

See ya around ladies.... I guess you will all be busy soon getting ready for your Thanksgiving....:flower s:
Old 11-20-2008, 05:37 AM   #2032
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!!!!

Shari, glad to hear you're okay. Sorry about the car. It's always a hassle when "stuff" like that happens. Hope the jigggle and bump aches feel better. Gentle hugs...

Laura, here's to finding your stuff...

Hubby just left for work. His job in Michigan will last between 6-12 months... maybe longer. This is why we got the trella (my nickname for the airstream). He's an engineer and goes where the projects are...

The trick will be finding a campground or place to park our home while in Reed City. not sure when the project begins and we'll be "up there" but we know it's after the first of the year.

Starting my day off with a mug of Mokka java coffee w/gingerbread creamer... thinking about doing laundry. It's sad when you look forward to laundry as "something fun to do."
WBCCI #4018

Old 11-20-2008, 06:30 AM   #2033
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Thanks everyone, I prayed that my things would be returned to me, and I cross my fingers they are. Off to school, Ill check back in, in a little bit.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:45 AM   #2034
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Louis it looks like you aren't too far from Stanwood, Michigan. One of our silver sisters Vickie, lives in Grand Rapids and seasons at a very nice park called River Ridge right off 131, 25 miles South of Reed City. We have been there many times, it's a great park. It has a store, a marina right on the river, a laundry and a club house and great sites. Maybe check them out. Some of the Rivettes had a luau there too last year. mrs (Towdaddy) is Vicki's forum name. She knows the area well.

http://www.michcampgrounds.com/river...sort/index.php

I just checked Suz is 37 miles east of Reed City in Lake George. (eikel1we) I'm afraid the majority of Michigan Silver Sisters are all much farther East. Sharon's in a whole 'nuther country! tee hee

Sharon Koa is doing well, like a 300 pound gorilla he does what he wants!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:16 AM   #2035
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Louis it looks like you aren't too far from Stanwood, Michigan. One of our silver sisters Vickie, lives in Grand Rapids and seasons at a very nice park called River Ridge right off 131, 25 miles South of Reed City. We have been there many times, it's a great park. It has a store, a marina right on the river, a laundry and a club house and great sites. Maybe check them out. Some of the Rivettes had a luau there too last year. mrs (Towdaddy) is Vicki's forum name. She knows the area well.

RIVER RIDGE RESORT in Stanwood, Michigan

Oooh! Cool!
Wonder if it's a year-round place...I found one possibility but can't remember the name of it. It was a year round place. I told hubby to start schmoozing with them.

Good thing is that I'll get a chance to meet some of y'all when I'm up there.

Y'all, I'm so not motivated to do anything today. Don't have my car with me so I'm stuck here at the campground. Will be picking my car up this weekend. Dont' have a real need for it, but it's nice to have it.

Do any of ya'll full-time or part-time full-time in your airstreams? Just wonderin'...
WBCCI #4018

Old 11-20-2008, 07:22 AM   #2036
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
Thanks!

WOW, that's a REALLY nice place!
WBCCI #4018

Old 11-20-2008, 08:51 AM   #2037
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Oh boy, now she is going to tell Hank she wants to move ASAP! Welcome to the snow Lois!

Old 11-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #2038
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Shari and ~G sorry I did not see your two posts...

wow Shari so sorry to hear of your crash....I hope you take care of yourself and get that back or neck taken care of. I was rearended when I was in my late 20's and suffered from terrible neck pain for years. I finally went to a physio and I had a vertabra out of sink - had some treatement and it was fine....

~G perfect timing on the Baileys I am parched for a little nectar to sweeten the nerves....

Oh geess Lois do I ever hear you on the laundry - what I thing to fill our days with eh?
Old 11-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #2039

1988 25' Excella
1981 31' Excella II
Fulltimer , Texas
Hats Off

Hats off to all of you strong women! It is so refreshing to see your postings. A stray cat that adopted me and I have been on the road for about a year now and have logged about 20K miles. We have had a book full of wonderful experiences and met 1000's of beautiful people (only 2 ugly ones) haha. It is shocking how many women are mystified by the workings of their rigs and many have never even driven them. I ask them how they would get home if God forbid something happened to their husband. Early on in my travel, I had a group of ladies surround me as I backed into one of those "you need a can-opener to get in" spaces and they all clapped. How proud I was, especially being such a novice.
It is such a rewarding experience to travel at will and I hope that your thread will inspire more people to take the jump and just go for it. It's really not rocket science. Happy travels to all!
Mouse House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #2040
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse House View Post
It is shocking how many women are mystified by the workings of their rigs and many have never even driven them. I ask them how they would get home if God forbid something happened to their husband. Early on in my travel, I had a group of ladies surround me as I backed into one of those "you need a can-opener to get in" spaces and they all clapped. How proud I was, especially being such a novice.
I'm one of those mystified women. I confess. I hadn't even really driven hubby's truck ("Babe" - big Dodge 2500 diesel) until I had to last week.

I am learning the trailer systems. Hubbys' a great teacher. Very patient.

Too chicken to tow just yet. Still need to master the truck. This will come with time.

Baby steps!
WBCCI #4018