Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #261
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hi Colleen! Welcome, so glad you could join us!!
This is such a nice group of women you are just going to love it, we surely need more 'girl power' as Mrs. Towdaddy (Vickie) and her daughter Danielle say!

Nice website! We have great lighthouses in Michigan, how fun that will be to get photos of them. So many scenic places to visit!!

I hear you about the male factor. My immediate and extended families run to "boys" too, but then when the boys got married the score evened up Now I have someone to help with the dishes at family reunions, used to be a lonely job for one girl...
Old 03-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #262
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile Update on campground...

Hi all,
Just a note to say that Andrea at the campground said we are fine either caravanning in earlier in the week and staying later into the next. We would only need to make sure that we:
1. Tell them you are with the Airstream group near the chapel--when you arrive.
2. Notify them if you are coming on a weekend before as that is their busy time and they can try to get you in our spot so you won't need to move.

Thanks again Vickie (Mrs. Towdaddy) for finding this great campground for us. Maybe we could work on a campground review of it for the forum after the rally?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:43 PM   #263
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Rosie at the Stage Door Canteen ...

Hey Rivettes:

Rosie makes a swingin' cameo appearance in this Christina Aguilera "Candyman" video. Pretty dishy, check it out:

http://music.yahoo.com/video/40183381

Damn fine head scarf, too.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:56 PM   #264
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Wow!!..that was cool!..thnx for sharing the link!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:27 PM   #265
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I had to look twice I thought someone was taping us when we weren't looking. Those gals look just like us eh girls?

Very entertaining. Thanks Fred, but we aren't buying your eyes were on the scarf.

Well, I saw Michelle off around noonish, heading for Steph's, over to JC in Ohio and then westward onto the western woman's rally in Malibu with a stop over at Becky's.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:06 AM   #266
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I had to look twice I thought someone was taping us when we weren't looking. Those gals look just like us eh girls?
It's uncanny isn't it? That lead singer is the spittin' image of Carol in Rosie attire. And I'm sure I saw Tin Sista on backup in several shots. Too bad they couldn't fit all of us on the camera though.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:35 AM   #267
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Jamie I have to congratulate you on your jitterbug, my, I could never do the splits. Nice that all the silver sisters were in this one. I will definitely have to get a copy for the Airstream. I have to give credit where credit is due, the buffin' buddies were looking pretty buff.

photography
Old 03-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #268
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Ladies, have you been checkin' out the Western Rivettes rally? It's getting me so anxious for June to come.

I was also practicing on that online backing-up game. Wasn't doin' so well. Makes me feel all the better that I'll be rallying with you all for my first solo outing! We can tow it, and we can back it! (I hope. )

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 03-25-2007, 12:47 PM   #269
2 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
1972 27' Overlander
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Hello again Ladies!
I haven't been online for awhile because I have been moving.
My baby still won't be ready for a long distance trip, but I am still planning on coming. You gals sound like a fun bunch!
I wonder if the campground will let me put a tent in with your trailers since I will be with the group?
gypsymoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:26 PM   #270
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Hey gypsy moth,
Good to hear from you, hope all those men in your life helped you make the move easier I think the campground is pretty easy going, I'll check with Andrea and get back with you about the tent idea though, as it is a great question and I'm not sure what the rules are.

Jamie, I think I was out sunbathing (a thing we do in Michigan when it hits 55 degrees F) and missed the online backing thing, can you tell me where I can find it and practice? Course its almost time to break out those hitching rods and practice myself. Hope your snow goes away!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #271
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tin Sista - here it is: http://www.airforums.com/forums/360021-post1.html

Have fun!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 04-03-2007, 07:53 AM   #272
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Talking Counting down til June!!

Thanks Jamie! That is fun!! I am hoping to do better with the real thing, I'm awful at the virtual one

It was so nice to read about the western sisters rally, getting psyched for the rivettes--see what you started Carol?
Old 04-03-2007, 08:07 AM   #273
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Me too, Steph. Spring is in the air, the strawberry margaritas of June are beckoning!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 04-03-2007, 08:15 AM   #274
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey you all - are you getting excited - spring is coming in just nicely now and you know what spring brings - SUMMER!!!!!!!

Wow Thanks for that Candy Flick - I just envied the days of having that body again but unless someone has a mirical drug that aint' happening - but I can still shake the old door stoppers with the best of them or should I say man trippers - Shake'm girls and you will drop your man if your big enough we could actually knoce'm out tee hee

Had a bit of a world go by break after all the stress we have been facing - so we are set for round two now with a new plan and handing it over to a planning engineer to take the mud slinging this round.

Working on the our kitchen reno and soon will be double timing on the LadyBug to get her ready. Still have to make the second Rivette Rush to pick up our Fridge - tinsista got the wine chillin in her yet???? Do the axle thing and then head home for the last touches before I head back in June for the RSSR.

Have to catch up on the whole Western Rally have missed it all.....

But the best of all our buddies Annie and Marvin are coming home - will be here April 5th and can not wait - this has been a long winter without them.

Sure makes you wish you were older sometimes - but only for a fleeting second you know retired I mean.

Dad just had his 75th and it really makes you appreciate what you have and spend your time wisely as it goes by so *&^% fast!!!!!

Will have to update the Ladybug Thread - not much done but some progress - only has a little leak that is a bonus!!!! I will have that fixed very shortly. Had our first big heavy spring rain a great test for leaks.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #275
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Look who's come back! Morning dear sisters. Sharon you must be working up a storm to have been gone so long. Jamie margaritas are going to be real fine. Steph someday maybe East will meet West, I hope. And you middleums, you can just go back and forth to both sides. Gypsy, good news to hear you are in for the rally. We'll figure it out.

Would it be too early or over planning to give our rally some shape? Are we doing a JC tour? When is that possible? Food? I need to know what color shirts to bring for when I end up wearing my food.

It isn't that we need to adhere to any planning, but it is a way to tide me over until the day is here, then whatever happens happens.

photography
Old 04-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #276
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
I don't think it's too early to start planning. I'm definitely interested in seeing JC. Most things won't have to be too scheduled -- our western sisters warned us about overdoing it -- but I think the visit to Airstream should probably be set up so we don't miss out. Maybe we should pop in to the WBCCI office and do a little photo op with the people who are really running things there -- the women in HQ!

It's looking like I definitely won't get in any earlier than June 21, and probably late in the day at that. I can be a little more open at the other end of the trip as I'll be hanging out to visit relatives in the area. I know Carol wants to get on the road to Perry. Anyone else headed that direction after?

Food and drinks? I'm going to bring a wine sampler from New England and I hope others will bring a taste from their homeland so we can do a little wine tasting one evening. So, Carol, maybe you want to dress in a burgundy color? Seems like June is strawberry time too, isn't it? Margaritas, or chocolate fondue anyone?

Sharon -- been wonderin' what you've been up to. Glad to see you're still keepin' busy on all fronts and still fixin' on Ohio in June.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 04-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #277
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Michigan has many orchards, the wine tasting will be fun to do Jamie! Yes burgundy color will hide wine, margaritas and maybe a little chocolate if I at least hit it with a wet napkin.

Chocolate fondue sounds fantastic!

Tour of Jackson Center and visit to WBCCI Headquarters
Wine Tasting
Campfire and Storytelling (nightly)
Open House (anytime)
Happy Hour (anytime)

Chocolate Fondue
Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms

photography
Old 04-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #278
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
I think for one of our meals we talked about bring-your-own grill meat and we can grill together. We can also share sides and salads that night, if you want.

The fondue will make an easy dessert. We can set up a dipping pot, and dip strawberries, angel food or pound cake, bananas, or whatever else you want to put into chocolate. I can bring this set-up.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 04-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #279
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I have shopping to do for my Rosie shirt and asseccories. I owe Sharon a tote. Haven't heard from Nancy in Texas for a while. How long might you be able to stay Jamie, I think Vickie said she could stay longer, and I am making the final decision about Perry that week? I think Paula had a lot of ideas for us in an earlier thread too. How about if everyone just add onto the list as they wish? (Copy and paste)

Tour of Jackson Center and visit to WBCCI Headquarters
Wine Tasting ( bring a taste from your homeland)
BYO Mixed grill
Campfire and Storytelling (nightly)
Open House (anytime)
Happy Hour (anytime)

Chocolate Fondue-dessert Jamie
Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms-apt. Carol

photography
Old 04-03-2007, 04:31 PM   #280
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
wow all the rally stuff sounds great!

Should we consider some kind of sign for each trailer with our forum name on it? Maybe if Sharon gave permission we could print out her solstice picture and type in our forum name and show it through the trailer windows? Sort of like what Lou did last year for LPPI? He just put the file in a post and we downloaded it and typed in our forum name, printed it out and displayed it at the rally.

Rivette Rush II sounds great to me Sharon!