Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #81
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Thanks for the specs. We're planning on a little camp out this weekend, with or without toilet, up the Icicle River in Leavenworth. Boondocking should be interesting. I guess we will be doing a bit of work on the water pump. We scoped out some sites this morning and ran into the Wet Westies, a covey of Westfalia VW vans. Quite a sight. The fall follage is well underway with a bit of frosting on the Cascades.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:12 PM   #82
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
We're getting full! I sent out piles of tourist info to everyone today as well as site registration cards for those of you who prepaid. If you don't get your registration card in the mail you can pick it up onsite.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:47 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
i think the mystery site(g-10) should go to campcollector.. ill take g-20.... this of course is contingent upon the sink hole in g-10 being filled...
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:04 PM   #84
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Site g-10

Site g-10 is renowned up and down the OR coast - there are references to it in literature and lore. It is said that each year after the seasons change, the land recedes in the site to reveal the dowry of the fair maid Beverly.

Beverley was sent across the seas from the East Indies and promised in marriage to an alchemist who resided in the Port of Astoria. This alchemist was said to have found the secret to turning wood into the most precious metal. Beverly's family was so taken by the thought of their daughter marrying a man who could generate an endless supply of this precious metal that they sent her with all the wealth they possessed.

They were to meet several miles North of Newport and be wed. Beverly arrived several days before the alchemist and made camp. She buried her families hard earned wealth for safe keeping. On the appointed day the alchemist arrived and they were married on the spot. But all was not well. After the ceremony she asked to be introduced to the secret ways of turning wood into precious gold. Her new husband explained in stunned surprise that he could not change wood to gold but rather into a more valuable metal - aluminum.

Despair over took Beverly and she cursed the lying alchemist for misleading her. She swore that if aluminum ever touched her fair skin that lightening would strike the spot were they were married. As the alchemist reached out his hand to sooth his new bride - a bolt of lightning cut though the trees, incinerating her dowry and burning a pit into the ground. They were both instantly killed and the aluminum that he valued above all else, flowed molten over the smoldering pile of dowry goods and their entwined dead bodies - forming a hollow orb.

As time passed, travelers began to use this metal "cave" as shelter from the sea weather in Newport. They reported that in foul weather the raw ocean air would stream over and around the shelter keeping those inside warm and secure.

One day a young inventor happened to hear of the amazing properties of this structure and made his way to Beverly's' Beach. He was taken with the smooth lines and functional features. He affixed wheels underneath the "cave" and hauled it away. He made it his life's work to pay homage to the fair maid Beverly and her unwelcome love by recreating their aluminum tomb. To this day on nights with no moons, you will see these mysterious orbs traversing the coast road....

Do you really want them to fill in the hole norbert?

AirForums Custom Search
Old 10-03-2005, 11:37 PM   #85
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Exclamation Whatheheck?

Sooooooo Janet, is this your biggest lie you're trying out on the forums members before the event???.............orrrrrrrrrrrrrr............I won't go there! We've all got leveling blocks, so we should be able to help poor Norbert get his AS on the level and outa the hole if we need to........after all, we need to look out for each other....I guess!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:28 AM   #86

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Next thing you know she's gonna write a song about it...

BTW, I talked to Kathy (you know Kathy, with the Bambi) this weekend and she said she was coming. Did she get a hold of you?

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:01 AM   #87
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Steph,
Glad to hear Kathy's coming (what's her husband's name?)........and Mary Kulish is really kewl too (she was at the Steens rally.......I'll give you a brief on our experience at BB) with a 19' Bambi (also has a 28' Safari with a SO).......so some new folks to add to the gathering. How about Frances........I saw her in Sisters at the Quilt Show.........she was at the rally (we didn't attend) and had a really good time! It would be good to see her again! So if only John with his Safari (I think he's sold it), and Anette with her Tradewind (in AZ) , and Anita, with her 30' International would be there, we'd have our original crew plus some really great newbies!! BTW have you and David taken any trips this summer??

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:47 AM   #88
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
are you sure that that argosy is large enough to hold all the merlot you require?

norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
Old 10-04-2005, 09:02 AM   #89
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
and then......

the ghostly couple saw that traveling orb close to Beverly Beach, and dropped a tree on it in revenge. Only to have the sauve Campcollector foil their plans by rebuilding the orb. The legend continues.......

Marc
P.S. - Janet really had me going there.... remind me to tell you about the bridge they're making to Hawaii.....REALLY!
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:54 AM   #90
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ms75Argosy
remind me to tell you about the bridge they're making to Hawaii.....REALLY!
pork, pork, pork.....

Old 10-04-2005, 10:10 AM   #91

1968 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandvm
BTW have you and David taken any trips this summer??
Hardly any! One four day trip to Ashland to see the rest of the plays, and that's about it. I guess we're saving it all up for BB!

I'll email Francis and the Koltzes and encourage them to come

Old 10-06-2005, 05:55 AM   #92
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
leaving today for a slo ride to seattle,("slow ride...take it easy...") expect montana to be in the 90's once again by the time i get there.... see you fun clubbers at the end of the month.

norby

Old 10-06-2005, 07:48 AM   #93

1968 17' Caravel
Hey Janet, I just got the rally packet you sent out - WOW! You're raising the bar for mini-rallys! Great job

Old 10-06-2005, 09:30 PM   #94
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Whoops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert
i think the mystery site(g-10) should go to campcollector.. ill take g-20.... this of course is contingent upon the sink hole in g-10 being filled...
norby
I was doing a pot hole survey Tuesday and I was wrong!

The winner of the sink hole is actually G12. G10 is in good shape. I will try and post a picture of G-12 tomorrow. And I will see about getting it patched before the rally. NO promises.

Also Janet, Bad news for you!
Your beloved F shower building is being remodeled and we found extensive termite damage. So you will have to use G building that has no special handicap shower hoses and a tiny tiny changing seat in each stall, Oh and did I mention no heated floors.

And Stephanie would like to know what to bring for food.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:19 PM   #95
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Termites! No heated floor! How will I cope?

We will have a moment of silence now please in memory of the ADA shower and it's lovely seating area

Shh....

Tell Stephanie:

Bring your own meat BBQ friday - we need dessert
Saturday night Chile dinner - we need bread or dessert

No chocolate covered termites!

AirForums Custom Search
Old 10-06-2005, 10:27 PM   #96
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Chocolate covered termites!

From Steph:
Hi Janet, No chocolate covered termites, I promise!! I'll bring dessert and bread. Do I need to bring anything for Sunday AM? How about anything in addition to our own meat for Friday? I got merlot....
Old 10-06-2005, 10:34 PM   #97
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Hi Steph - here is the general menu - fill in where you think we need it.... I've got Sunday AM Covered.

Friday Supper - BYOM BBQ.
6:00 PM - The grill will be hot at 6 PM. Bring Your Own Meat and throw it on the grill. We’ll have a pot of rice pilaf and green salad on hand. Bring a side or dessert - if you’re feeling really domestic! You are responsible for your own drinks - of course, you can share...

Saturday Supper - Chile Bash
6:00 PM - Gary cooks chile - watch out! Chile in 3 flavors: mild, manly and vegetarian - with all the fixins and a green salad. Bread and dessert donations happily accepted. You are responsible for your own drinks - of course, you can share....
After dinner - Liars contest by the fire. Bring your best fib. A great lie is almost believable!

Sunday Breakfast - not too early!
8:00 AM (ish) Make a cup of coffee and come on over...Eggs, sliced ham, fried ‘taters and juice. Cook eggs to your own liking - or we’ll do it for you.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 10-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #98
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Great menu as usual!

Count me in for desserts for Friday and Saturday - carrot cake and pecan caramel pumpkins pies (we can eat them both nights or whatever.. good as a morning suppliment with coffee). I am also going to bring a holiday cornbread for Saturday (it has peppers, onions and cheese in it).
Can't wait to try the chili!! Thanks and see you all soon.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:53 PM   #99
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Pies - YUM! You should open a bakery... if you need a tester - let me know.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 10-06-2005, 10:59 PM   #100
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Testing required

I am sure I will need a tester so you are it! It's a difficult job but someone's gotta keep the group safe.