Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: October Georgia area Rally
McKinney/ Allatoona Lake Campground (Our choice) 11 84.62%
FDR State Park- Warm Springs GA 2 15.38%
Stone Mountain Park (cost a bit more, but nice) 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 04:27 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
October Rally Georgia TN/AL/SC

October 28 weekend at McKinney Campground- Corps of Engineers Park on Lake Allatoona. We have had a good bit of interest in this our 5th(?) Rally....hope to see lots of shiny aluminum, and not so shiny aluminum ....

Musicians, bring your instrument of choice...
we usually do a free for all shared dinner on Saturday evening....bring your Airstream questions, and needs for info so we can share.
The lake is great for canoes, small boats, and has ramps for your trailered boat.
Fishing is spotty...but still fun.
Go ahead and book in the sites near 75, 72. etc. This is the same section we have had previously. The sites are filling up around the park so do it soon...

http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/common.../newindex.html
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 05-04-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
That date is great

Works for us too.. will be passing through on our way to Florida..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Old 05-05-2005, 07:41 AM   #3
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
It will be great to see an Argosy in the mix again. There was a great one in Hiawassee that was really nice on the exterior. Looked brand new. Hope to see you there Happycampers!
Old 05-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #4
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Sorry to hear that you had problems on you way westward. I can only imagine with current prices that cross country treks can get expensive, but we all would love to see you again.

Becki and I would love to show-off our new Airstream to you. We are going to the Airstream dealer tomorrow to place an order. I purchased our new tow vehicle last week and am currently enjoying it. I got the F-250 diesel I told you I was planning to buy. I waited too late to order so had to do a dealer search to find the color and equipment I wanted. Get this, I had to get it from a dealer in Lafayette, LA! So far my daily commute is averaging 18.6 MPG's and that's a little over 1 MPG better than my F-150 was getting. Since diesel is about a dime more per gallon here, I'll just about break even.

Hope you have a great summer and hope to cross paths with you again in the not too distant future. Take care and God bless.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Crossville , Middle TN
Send a message via Yahoo to tnsue
Great

I would love to see your new AS. Perhaps I will end up there sometime in the future.......you never know what is in store in your life.

I will keep track of the postings and see how you are doing.

Thank you for your message, it was so nice to see it. I was just going to log off and leave the library when I decided to just check the postings and there you were.

No internet access in park so using Bayfield, CO library to access the Internet.

Sue
Old 05-06-2005, 08:38 PM   #6

[ If you haven't ordered your new trailer we have a beautiful 34ft 2001 for sale. Let me know if you might be interested. 979-775-8747 QUOTE=Minnie's Mate]Sorry to hear that you had problems on you way westward. I can only imagine with current prices that cross country treks can get expensive, but we all would love to see you again.

Becki and I would love to show-off our new Airstream to you. We are going to the Airstream dealer tomorrow to place an order. I purchased our new tow vehicle last week and am currently enjoying it. I got the F-250 diesel I told you I was planning to buy. I waited too late to order so had to do a dealer search to find the color and equipment I wanted. Get this, I had to get it from a dealer in Lafayette, LA! So far my daily commute is averaging 18.6 MPG's and that's a little over 1 MPG better than my F-150 was getting. Since diesel is about a dime more per gallon here, I'll just about break even.

Hope you have a great summer and hope to cross paths with you again in the not too distant future. Take care and God bless.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-07-2005, 06:45 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
Ok Mickle we hope to see you there now~!
We are planning to make it. I guess that now I better vote on campground.

Jim Mickle
Old 05-07-2005, 06:55 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsue

I am going to do a new post when I get all my info together and ask if I am the only one with a problem that I encountered on my way back from GA to CO.

Hope the feed back can help me enjoy towing more.

TNSue
Sorry to hear that you had problems on your trip west. We had an easy trip north, except for some serious grades on the surface route (US-23) that we chose. Will need to change front brake rotors before we start south this fall. The cheap chinese ones that I have on now distort when they get hot and make for choppy stopping. OK in normal use tho.

Hope your travels in the fall bring you back east in time for the rally.

Jim & Marianne
Old 05-19-2005, 05:27 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Acworth , Georgia
Post Granite You're Penciled In

ALANSD:

I have the date down on the calendar. McKinney is a great location; I enjoyed our last outing there, and it's within 10 miles of my home. I won't have to fill up coming or going, Ha!

Are you still taking suggestions on a location? I spoke with Andyfuson at Cloudland in October and he talked about Stone Mountain Park being a great location. Stone Mountain Park I was intrigued by his suggestion so Lynnie and I thought about doing a test run one weekend this summer to scope the joint out. Nevertheless, whatever is agreeable, we will do our best to be there.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:13 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
2005 25' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Athens , Georgia
hello people are newcomers welcome to come and camp then too? we are over in athens ga and are just getting into the whole airstream thing and i was wondering about the group camping that everyone does. we are taking off for Fl in exactly a week for our first trip in our 1977 Safari, going to go to Henderson Beach State park down there. I can't wait for next Thursday to get here!

roy
Old 05-19-2005, 06:38 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Crossville , Middle TN
Happy

Roy, you will love it................the happiest time is when I am camping with my AS and sharing good times with the campers around me. Nothing like it in the whole world.

You have got to attend the Rally in October, you will meet some of the nicest RVrs you will ever meet. Pencil, not ink that date in and save it. You will never regret it.

TNSue or aka TravlinSue
Old 05-19-2005, 06:44 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Crossville , Middle TN
Sad

Gosh, won't someone come closer so I can join the fun?..........committed to the Workamper job here until the end of September.

It is beautiful, 7600 feet up, but none of you all are here..............sigh!

May have to find a group out this way, but it won't be the same.

wayward TNSue
Old 05-19-2005, 09:00 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Danielsville , Georgia
Durango Is a Long Way From Georgia

Sorry Sue, we did that trip last year and it is a long way from Danielsville, GA. Hope to do it again in a couple of years when children are older. Hope you're able to make it to the October rally as I hope to have the Sovereign "bunkhouse" ready by then (hopefully before).

Roy,

You must really jump in with both feet with two campers to your name. Where are you in Athens?

I'm just up the road in Danielsville (have a pizza shop in Athens though).
Old 05-19-2005, 09:52 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
2005 25' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Athens , Georgia
Hey Ron

We used to live in Danielsville, we got married on Booger Hill Road as a matter of fact back in 1977. We are over in Beechwood Hills off of Alps Road. We will have to meet and check out each others airstreams.

roy
Old 05-20-2005, 08:23 AM   #15
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
OUt West

Sue, Ruth and I are working on our trip out west. We'll be in touch to see if we can hook up. Hang in there. Even though you are soooo faaarrrr away, we still miss you!

Kathy and the gang!
Old 08-26-2005, 01:52 PM   #16

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
I called the campground to make a reservation for Sept. when we are going. I talked to them about what would be available the last weekend of October. She said that they are filling up quickly and suggested that if we want to be in a group, we should stay where we stayed last time. We checked for sites that were available and they are 70,71,72,73,74,75,76,77. That would give us 8 sites. Sites 64,65,67,68 are also available and just a little further down. I know that these are not on the water, but we checked several of those areas and people are already filling in there. What do you think?
Old 08-27-2005, 06:38 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I say go for it....I will still call tommorow, but its amazing they say they are filling up already for that late on Oct. That sure is a nice park, and many people are finding that out. I will go ahead and reserve one of the sites in the 70's as suggested.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 08-27-2005, 07:43 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Let's see the way I figure it Cartersville is about 1200 miles from Milwaukee round trip and that would be about $300 or so in fuel give or take a few increases along the way. I just might take Chummy down if a liberal yankee is welcome. Need to clear up some calendar items.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:25 AM   #19

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
I have reservations!!!!

Ok, I reserved site 75 this morning. That is in the middle of the group that was available.

Chaplain Kent, bring Chummy and come on down! The colors should be beautiful at that time of year!
Old 08-29-2005, 08:53 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
My son had walked the Appalachia Trail several years ago and some of the people he had met along the trail are getting together for a shorter hike starting at the trail head. I thought it was going to be the last weekend but just got the word from my son that his dates are for the two weeks before and not the last week. So it looks like Chummy will be roaming around Georgia a little earlier in October. I am not certain where I will be picking them up, that will depend on what kind of shape they are in. Last time he walked the trail he went 2500 miles and finished in Northern Maine! This time he has a wife and a job.
So one of these days Chummy and I will make it to a rally down there. And if you happen to see us driving around in early October or see a 280 camped with a Union Jack flying next to Old Glory that's us, stop and say: "HI."
Closed Thread