Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #81
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
I guess I shoulda reserved sooner. I'll call today and see what I come up with.
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:33 AM   #82
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
I have 217. It is in another arm of the Park. sheesh, who knew I'd have to reserve soo soon to get a good spot where I didn't have to walk 2 miles to get to ya'all. Oh well, Its all good. See ya there.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #83
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Lightbulb "I" Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Johnson View Post
I have 217. It is in another arm of the Park. sheesh, who knew I'd have to reserve soo soon to get a good spot where I didn't have to walk 2 miles to get to ya'all. Oh well, Its all good. See ya there.
OK here is the deal, "I" Loop , located next to H loop is a full hookup loop. It has for many years been first come first serve in the off season and I couldn't get that changed.

However if folks show up Thursday night or early Friday before 4pm there is a very good shot at setting up in that loop. Also If you made reservations already in a site way across the park you can transfer upon arrival. Just find the site you want in "I" loop and drop a card in the HJ box letting them know where you moved to. Just and FYI the restroom in H loop is only a restroom (no hot showers) "I" loop has the big shower building with the heated floors. I also could not get a reservation in H either , so I will be just showing up early and camping in "I" loop Likley Thursday night some time.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #84
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by campcollector View Post
......... "I" loop has the big shower building with the heated floors.
Can they install some furniture there? I can bring a corkscrew and party lights.....

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #85

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Well, now that we have a gazillion people signed up (and Janet's planning some sort of party in the heated showers in the next loop), I thought I would bring up the subject of potlucks

I was thinking potlucks Friday and Saturday night, and then a Sunday morning breakfast before everyone bugs out. Janet has offered to bring a two burner cooktop/camp stove, and do eggs on Sunday, so we'll need some other volunteers for Sunday, juice, sticky buns, bacon, stuff like that.

So start thinking about what you'd like to do for meals, post here, and we'll get it all organized.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #86
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 24
West Linn , Oregon
We can bring juice for breakfast - orange & apple - unless we get a request for something else.

As for the potluck dinners, what do people typically bring? We usually end up packing Costco bags of veggies to steam, along with your typical brats & burgers, sandwich fixings, chips, beer & wine. We haven't tried any gourmet meals while camping yet!

This should be lots of fun - can't wait to meet everyone!

Sharon
sharbours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:37 PM   #87
R n B

1965 17' Caravel
1961 24' Tradewind
Ephrata , Washington
I'll bring my big Crockpot full of Clam Chowder (bowls and crackers too) for Friday night and I'll do a dessert of some sort. Bonnie Miller
King O D Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #88

1968 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharbours View Post

As for the potluck dinners, what do people typically bring?
Whatever you want to share. Veggies are great, bread, casseroles, salads, stuff like that. We usually do a cheesy potato dish, this time I was thinking I'd do a dutch oven full of chicken/sausage stew. I don't know if we're going to be there on Friday early enough for dinner. Still planning the actual escape

Old 01-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #89

1968 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by King O D Road View Post
I'll bring my big Crockpot full of Clam Chowder (bowls and crackers too) for Friday night and I'll do a dessert of some sort. Bonnie Miller
Yum! That's the spirit!

Old 01-29-2010, 12:38 AM   #90
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
I volunteer to cook eggs or omelets to order on sunday am for every one who manages to get up. Great additions would be some cinnamon rolls (or similar), fruit and juice.

Not quite sure yet about Saturday and Friday nights...

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:20 AM   #91
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Western , Washington
sunday breakfast

i'll bring rhode's frozen cinnamon rolls, maybe two bags. just how many people has this meetup grown to???? at last fall norcal rally, they used a
eta, etd, site # and how many people added to the sign up page, just a thought, not much into herding cats, jeff
acgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #92
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
OK here is the deal, "I" Loop , located next to H loop is a full hookup loop. It has for many years been first come first serve in the off season and I couldn't get that changed.

However if folks show up Thursday night or early Friday before 4pm there is a very good shot at setting up in that loop. Also If you made reservations already in a site way across the park you can transfer upon arrival. Just find the site you want in "I" loop and drop a card in the HJ box letting them know where you moved to. Just and FYI the restroom in H loop is only a restroom (no hot showers) "I" loop has the big shower building with the heated floors. I also could not get a reservation in H either , so I will be just showing up early and camping in "I" loop Likley Thursday night some time.
Jonathan,

Thanks for the heads up on this! We'll be taking our chances too and show up to grab a spot in "I" loop. I can't imagine this will be a big camping weekend at the park (but I could be wrong). We've seen a lot of TV spots lately touting Oregon Lottery $'s funding the "new improvements" in the park, so people may want to camp there.

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #93

1968 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by acgypsy View Post
just how many people has this meetup grown to???? at last fall norcal rally, they used a
eta, etd, site # and how many people added to the sign up page, just a thought, not much into herding cats, jeff
According to the Rally sign up page we're up to 20 trailers, and I know of at least one more family that's coming who isn't active on the forums.

Luckily I don't think any of them are bringing cats Maybe some yorkies

Old 01-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #94
banjobill

2000 30' Limited
battle ground, , Washington
makin' progress

Ok, the spouse says count her in for some entree type dishes on the din-din's (pasta-hamburger) and on my part of the deal: 1) door latch is lubed and back in 2) hot water heater functions again (soot on spark probes) 3) rear floor is repaired, the filler (to match new math 3/4 ply to old dimension 3/4 OSB) is drying. K and I decided no new carpet, yet-wait'll til after this trip to be sure beds are set up ok for us. once the floor dries I'll start in on the beds....I gotta get the TV ready, too. HMMM, only 4 weeks. I'll probably bring a coupla' Silver Bullets as well as some mixed soft drinks + the ubiquious "chips."
ol' bill
wmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #95
3 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
Mt. Vernon , Washington
wow....can you believe this enthusiasm Steph!! This will be a fun get together..with lots of laughs, sarcasm and who knows what! Jonathan, we are expecting a great fire! Janet, you go girl, with those lights and corkscrew, we'll expect 'the band' to perform too, with bells on their toes....and/or who knows what else! Jeff, more stories please. Jim and Claudia, adventures and laughs expected!
Hoping Patsi and Jer will be able to show up too, schedule still unstable.
Carolyn
L&C Woogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #96
3 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
Mt. Vernon , Washington
well..silly me! meant: Jim and Cheryl.....but that includes you too, Claudia and Don, if you make it up here! Hoping you are....
Carolyn
L&C Woogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #97
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Quote:

I don't know I from F from abc. Didn't see them on the map. All I know is 217..... Sounds good though. I will figure it out when I get there I guess.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #98
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
We'll be bringing ?"something"? but as to what we'll have to see. We'll watch what others are bringing and then try to fill in the blanks. Our issue is the border and we use Nexus which limits what we can have in the vehicle/trailer so what ever it is we bring wll likely be a Haggen's special .

Donna and Barry
Old 01-30-2010, 11:29 PM   #99
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Steph, Dutch oven sounds good, I'll put something together in mine for Friday, and hash brown casserole for Sunday morning. And Yes, lots of Yorkies.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:13 PM   #100
3 Rivet Member

wasco , Oregon
Steph and Streamers--

Molly and I and the pups just got back from a month long MH trip to Arizona and may try to make this rally----don't know yet----I'll have to talk to the bride or 38 years and see if she is up for it.

Will post later---Bob