Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Northern Ohio 2007 Rally

It seems over the past several months, we have had several folks introduce themselves from the great state of Ohio. Last year a few Ohioans got together for a couple of weekends. It sounded like everybody that joined in had a great time with a great group of people.

Although my Safari wasn't ready for prime time then, I was able to stop out and meet a few people. I enjoyed the time together, and I'd like to do it again.

My calendar is packed until mid-July, but that hasn't stopped me from thinking about future plans! Maybe it's time we can start considering getting some members together for some fellowship, fun, and food.

It seems like the common points of discussion center around two things; date & location. I'll start off by throwing out my ideas. I invite anyone interested to join in

MY available dates: Mid-July till start of High School football (late August)
Ideal Destinations: Put-in-bay ($100 ferry fee, ), Findley State Park (90 new electric sites), Mohican Wilderness, Jackson Center? Cedar Point, The Wilds (Salt Fork Area)

Consider the ball rolling!

Please post your thoughts!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Thumbs up Northern Ohio Rally!!!

Wow, Findley's gone electric?!!

We would like to join the group this summer. I'd rather not spend the money just to get to the islands. Jackson Center might be fun. Does anybody camp with little ones? Mine are 8 and 11 years old. We will be camping at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (in Lexington Ohio) on the following dates:

Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series June 22-24

Vintage Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio June 29-July 1

Acura Sportscar Challenge(American Le Mans Series)/The Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio(IndyCar Series) July 20-22

National Auto Sport Association Championships September 14-16

See ya this summer,

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Findley electric sites would be a good Airstream get together , Mohican as well , wife wants to do both sometime this year. Lets set a date ,my work schedule may not cooperate but will try to be there if I can definetly had fun at Clare-mar last year. Somebody set the date and we will all try to plan as needed.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
We're in!

The wife and I are ready to get outta here too! We had so much fun with everyone last year and are looking forward to attending the rallies this year.
I just met another couple who live close and have a VERY cool '62 flying cloud. I gave them the info for this site, hopefully they'll join! We'll keep an eye on this thread. --dave
Streamin 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
rally time

Larry and I are ready to go!!!! Can't do it this weekend, due to my dad's cataract surgery schedule, but the next weekend is ok! How about Findley on May 5th and 6th?? Think we can do it by then??

Just can't stand to wait!!!!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
Uh Oh!

The county dropped several dump truck loads of wood at the end of our "Airstream" driveway late this winter. Some of those logs are 4ft across! Guess I'd better get busy if we plan on getting the Airstream out anytime soon. On the bright side, I should have plenty of campfire wood this summer! --dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UH OH!.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	36240  
Streamin 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:05 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Wow!

You hit the mother lode!!! At least one season's worth of fire wood!!! Looks good, but we hope that you will be able to get the AS out of there and on the road.

Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-26-2007, 07:35 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
1987 25' Sovereign
1977 23' Safari
North Olmsted , Ohio
Hey...Happy Spring everybody. It's been a long winter. The 5th & 6th of May June and I will be at Findlay, OH., helping the kids out by baby sitting the grand daughter. We are OK to go on the 12th and 13th.

Dave
Old 04-26-2007, 07:52 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Mother's Day weekend

Hi, Dave and June! Yes, it was a longgg winter. We think that the weekend of May 12th is Mother's Day weekend. We are available that weekend for the most part. Both weekends are great with us. Have you been to Findley State Park to see if they got the electric in yet?
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-26-2007, 07:53 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
I don't mean to invite ourselves, but are border town people allowed?

We had a great time w/Lou and Larry last year at Apple Creek.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:01 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Invite away!!!

You are very welcome to join us!! Cross that border!!! As a matter of fact everyone is welcome to join us. The more the merrier!!!! We got together several times last year with some of the other OHioans and those who could make it came along and it was lots of fun. Hope lots of folks will join us sometime this season! We will be glad to see you again! Help us nail down some of these dates and places.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
You are very welcome to join us!! Cross that border!!! As a matter of fact everyone is welcome to join us. The more the merrier!!!! We got together several times last year with some of the other OHioans and those who could make it came along and it was lots of fun. Hope lots of folks will join us sometime this season! We will be glad to see you again! Help us nail down some of these dates and places.
Lou and Larry

You guys are so nice! We are at exit one on 23 so it isn't a stretch for us to cross the line, heck I don't think I am up to speed until well past the line . We look forward to seeing Lou and Larry again and meeting a new group.

ps. JC sounds cool!

Old 04-27-2007, 05:23 AM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Powell , Ohio
I also have missed hearing from everyone. I often think of Streamin65 soup!

We will not be able to attend as we are in our final stages of preparation for the Alaska trip.

I know you guy will have a great time.
tbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:46 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Please note that the Findley sites may or may not be ready yet! I called the park directly, and was told that the power is installed, but they are still wrapping up the details and inspections.

Reservation are currently NOT accepted!

I'm looking forward to some weekend trips soon. This weekend I'm actually going to boondock for the first time. My rocketry club is providing food service for a major rocket launch on the western edge of Amherst. Please note spectators are welcome! Visit Tri-City Sky Busters Rocketry Club NAR 535 Web Site for more info. I'll be the one in the Airstream selling hotdogs.....

Unfortunatley, my weekends until mid-July are really busy. Chances of me making a campout are slim till after then. But, you never know when something could open up!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:52 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Findley SP

Hi Dan! Yep. We called there today. The electric is in and they are testing. Other site improvements are being done...pads extended and concrete barriers are being reinstalled. Grass planted. We got the same info. They are not ready yet. We will keep calling and look elsewhere for more ideas.

Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Groveport , Ohio
Hello,We would love to attend a get together.I'm working hard to get the AS buttoned back up after a rear floor replacement.Our maiden voyage is set and reserved for Memorial weekend.Gee I hope we get it on the road soon.Robert
bertro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
i'll be watchin this thread. i live just across the border as well. plan a trip soon to jackson ctr for repairs i don't care to do.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaugh
We will not be able to attend as we are in our final stages of preparation for the Alaska trip.
We hope you have a great time on your trip. Sounds like lots of fun. Is this trip one where you are taking your AS? Wow! That would be great. Let us know how it is going, and we hope to see you later this summer.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar68
i'll be watchin this thread. i live just across the border as well. plan a trip soon to jackson ctr for repairs i don't care to do.

Crowbar,

Where have been? Are you going to bring Airpyro? Saw you post for the other rally in Aug. Hope to see you at both.

Dave

Old 05-02-2007, 10:48 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
checking on other sites

Larry and I went to look at the American Wilderness Campground today. This is in Belden on rt. 83, just south of Rt. 303 intersection, (technically it may be Grafton). About 15 min. from us. It is a recently opened campground. They were not yet open for business this season, but they are having an open house this weekend. They will open May 11th. They passed out some literature. We will try to get there this weekend to look it over. The rates were starting at $28/night which seems pretty pricey. They add on for hookups, AC, etc. I guess that is about the standard nowadays...but we will check out the amenities if we can sneak a peek at it this weekend.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2