Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-09-2007, 04:37 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
Canfield , Ohio
What about about a more eastern location? Maybe something like Pymatuning State Park? Pymatuning State Park

We haven't been there yet but are dying to check it out. Neighbors down the street with a SOB really like it.

Have we decided on a date yet?

Heather
Hamb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
no date

Hi Heather!
We were hoping that everyone would get cranked up and go this month. No dates have been mentioned. Larry and I are day to day with planning this stuff due to the ill health of my parents. So we can make it if it closer, or if we can get help from my daughter so that we can go. We are sw of Cleveland.
Haven't been to Pymatuning in years and years!!!
We looked at a few private campgrounds near here. Found one that would love to have us and went and looked at it. They have a huge field with electricity to the sites. Might be a possibility. Anyone ever been to Panther Trails, Wellington, OH?
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:40 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Powell , Ohio
Alaska or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
We hope you have a great time on your trip. Sounds like lots of fun. Is this trip one where you are taking your AS? Wow! That would be great. Let us know how it is going, and we hope to see you later this summer.
Lou and Larry
You are correct. We are leaving tommorow for the summer.

You may check us out at Login The password is "alaska" without the quotes.

See you folks in the fall.
tbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Alaska

Terry and Sue,
That trips sounds like a great thing. We will be watching your trip journal and we have already signed up to get updates. Send us lots of pictures and info. about your trip. What an adventure!!!
We will see you in the Fall.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-09-2007, 07:04 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Jefferson Co , Ohio
A get together in Ohio sounds great, the wife and i are new to airstream with a 31` classic. If our schedules permit we would like to attend.
stonymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
welcome

Hi Stonymo,
We hope that you will be able to make the next Ohio rally! We love getting to meet the folks that gather here on the Forums. So far we have been to a few rallies...IL, MI, OH and TX. We have met wonderful people and had a great time!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-09-2007, 09:33 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
We would like to link up with other Airstream owners this year but its real hard without a schedule. Would it be possible to nail down a few dates and areas that folks would like to go? I’m even willing to act as wagon master or rally host for an outing and would be willing to scout out a camp ground. We already have reservations for the following outings so you’re all welcome to join us or we could try scheduling around these outings and shoot for a more northern campground.

April 26 -29 Hocking Hills Hike the caves.
Hocking Hills State Park

May 3 – 5 Evergreen RV Resort Amish Country
Evegreen RV Park - Offline

June 17–20 Buck Creek State Park USAF Museum
Buck Creek State Park

Aug 23–26 Cowan Lake Nothing Planned
Cowan Lake State Park

Sep 13–16 East Harbor Fairies ?? Bicycling the Islands.
East Harbor State Park

Oct 18–21 Dillon Nothing Planned
Dillon State Park

Terry
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:40 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
Canfield , Ohio
Well everyone.... what are your thoughts on this rally? It would be good to narrow some stuff down so we could all make plans. Are we thinking July? August? Where have people met up before? Are those places avaliable? Let's keep this discussion going so we can get some stuff nailed down. Maybe we need to vote on a place and a date. We could create a list of the places that have been mentioned. Or....we could find out where everyone is located and try to find something centrally located. These are all just thoughts I am throwing out there...
Old 05-14-2007, 06:08 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Asap

We are up for a good rally somewhere. Larry and I are SW of Cleveland in LaGrange, OH. Are you going to plot the replies on a map and look it over? Sounds like a good plan. The last rally we all met just north of Columbus and had about 6 of us there. Larry and I are taking care of my elderly folks and so the distance is a little bit of a problem, but if we do alot of planning it could happen.
I hope some more folks chime in here!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-14-2007, 07:15 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
Hey all!

The wife is having a minor surgery on friday the 18th, but should be recovered by the following weekend which is the 25-27. We should be able to attend then or anytime after. The big woodpile got moved enough to get our trailer out and I should be finishing up the spring polishing this weekend. We are so looking forward to seeing everyone again! How about a poll on where to go first? --dave
Streamin 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:30 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Groveport , Ohio
Underpanning is going back on today. Please someone confirm a date, I cant wait to place the safari in a slip.The kids already set up niknacs and pillows in there beds.Good eveining to all Buckeyes and the silver campers up north I've seen chime in.They must be good people to.Robert
bertro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:35 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Ready to Go.

Brenda and I had the opportunity to meet a few of you last year during the pot-luck at Alum Creek, but due to a scheduling conflict we were unable to camp. We are both heavily involved with Scouting in the Westerville area which means 1 weekend a month is spent in a tent. While tenting is a lot of fun, and the fellowship with other scouters is memorable, the luxury foam mattress in the Safari is a blessing!

If it would make it easier for Larry & Lou to stay close to home how about Findley State Park on 7/20-22 or 7/27-29?

Terry
Old 05-14-2007, 11:09 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
July 20-22

The July 20-22 works for us! We would love to try Findley State Park. Be advised that they do not yet have electricity there. We called them a couple of weeks ago and they have the wires buried, but are currently working on grass, concrete parking blocks, gravel, etc. I would certainly think that by July they would be ready with the electric hookups.
That is close enough to us that we can run home if we are needed...about 20 min. away or so.
What about the rest of you? How is that date?

Maybe we can plan another few in between now and then too and make them the kind that those who can show up just come if they can.

Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-14-2007, 11:12 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamin 65
The wife is having a minor surgery on friday the 18th, but should be recovered by the following weekend which is the 25-27. We should be able to attend then or anytime after. --dave
Please tell Fritzi that we are thinking about her and wishing her well for her minor surgery. We would like to have a campout in May if we can figure out where to do it.
Let's plan for July now too.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Step II

If no one objects to an outing at Findley State Park on the weekend of Jul 20-22 lets nail it down. We would like to get reservations in as soon as possible so the next question is which area of the park is most suitable for a rally. Brenda and I would be willing to drive up this weekend and “explore” the camp ground and take some photos. - Terry
Old 05-15-2007, 05:45 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Findley

Hi Terry! We are only about 20 min. from Findley. We can go over and check it out if you want. You are a few hours away and it doesn't make sense to come all the way up for that....unless you are camping there. We will run over and check it out this week. I will try and take my camera along for some digital pictures.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Thanks!

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the offer to scout the park!

Terry
Old 05-15-2007, 07:03 PM   #38
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
My wife Nan and I are interested in camping at Findley State Park on the weekend of Jul 20-22. Hopefully our high school son will make it too. Maybe we can get the eldest away from OSU for a weekend as well...it would be a good break for him.
Tom and Nan LaVergne
WBCCI #8848
tlavergne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #39
3 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
Canfield , Ohio
Whooo Hoooo!

Count us in! We are excited.
Heather
Old 05-16-2007, 05:32 AM   #40
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Rally Info

The Place: Findley State Park
Findley State Park

The Area: Area 2 Electric Sites
If possible, Larry’s going to scout the park this weekend to find a good
site for the campfire.

Committed:
Hamb7 Site -
Loudruff Site -
SafariNight Site -
Tlavergne Site –

Considering:
bertro
blucloud
crowbar68
ctdair
DanB
drag’nwagon
sfixx
stonymo
streamin 65
tbaugh

Potluck Items:
Sometimes it’s nice to know what others are bringing.

Camp Pie Chiefs: