Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #81
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
The metro detroit rally is going on this same weekend so since this one is stalled if you still want to meet some silva sistas come to metro detroit! That's where ill be and if you meet me and tell me your a sista, I will have some silver& blue crackle nail polish to share! LOL, it seems to be all the rage around here. Sorry this one got stalled but hopefully we can get another one in the works soon!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:08 AM   #82
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I'm baaaack! Blew back in this evening. Like a bad penny here I show up again! The heat wave at the Kentucky warehouse made temps of upper 90s to over 100 with high humidity and the 10 hour shifts of excessive walking in that extreme heat gave me heat rash (golfer's rash) and I have come back North until September if I so elect to return. We certainly are an independent lot!!! So much going on. We are just the kind of women we would like to meet with if we could arrange our affairs in the future. Pooling all that energy in one place would certainly be a force to reckon with.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #83
Short Gal with a Big F250

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Newbie Solo Gal Here :)

Hey Ladies:

Just learning my way around the Forums since buying my first Airstream last month! I am so excited to see other solo women on here. Enjoy your fun this weekend - and post pictures and say hi, would you?

Would love to make some Airstream friends. And wish me luck on my maiden voyage next week - hoping to head to New Mexico for a break from the 110 degree Dallas heat.

Pinky

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:31 PM   #84
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
AHHHHH an Eddie Bauer, very cool. Congratulations Pinky. Enjoy your maiden voyage to New Mexico and also let us see your new Airstream!!

Also if anyone wants to get together for lunch Sunday, if the weather is cooperative, let me know. We can hash out the details accordingly.

photography
Old 08-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #85
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Welcome back Carol!!! Glad you got outta there alive! Yes, we Silver Sistah's are a force alrighty!! Too wonderful, fun, strong and smart to keep down! I hope you can meet up with a few of them this week or weekend for lunch. Take care!

Hey Newbie Retro-Pinky!! Welcome to this great group of Towin' Silver Sisters!! I hope your virgin trip went well and you had a blast in your cute trailer!! And is you were able to cool off! My daughter was in Dallas for a photoshoot and she said it was wicked hot!!!! It was probably because of all those "hot" Texans down there!! Anyway, welcome!!! Keep posted here and hopefully we'll get a gathering going. There's another main Silver Sisters site too, so both will work. Take care.

Ciao for now Silver Sisters. Bear hugs to all and to all, a smooth road ahead!

Luv Cari (aka Carlita, the wild one!).
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #86
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Hey PJ Partiers!! Lets keep talkin' and plannin' about life and get-togethers, kids and Airstreamin'. I just wanted to say I'm still here and still wanting to connect on the road with my silver sistahs!!! I'm itching to take out my Sport for another rally or just for the fun of it with some like minded wonderful, wild and wacky women who can leave the cookin' and cleanin' to your hubs and hit the road. Sound good?!? Let's plan the escape!!! Ciao for now! Luv Cari
Old 09-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #87
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Hey, just had another thought (amazing huh...). Sometimes I don't make it on here very much but I do get emails on my phone so...here is my email address and if you gals feel so inclined, please feel free to email me so we can stay in touch better.
cariking1956@gmail.com (I know, my birthdate? What was I thinking?!?!)

Ciao!!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #88
Short Gal with a Big F250

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlita View Post
Hey Newbie Retro-Pinky!! Welcome to this great group of Towin' Silver Sisters!! I hope your virgin trip went well and you had a blast in your cute trailer!! And is you were able to cool off! My daughter was in Dallas for a photoshoot and she said it was wicked hot!!!! It was probably because of all those "hot" Texans down there!! Anyway, welcome!!! Keep posted here and hopefully we'll get a gathering going. There's another main Silver Sisters site too, so both will work. Take care.
Thanks for the great welcome! I love Oregon - so I need to come out your way and play when I can. It was the most brutal summer I can remember in TX - waaaaaaay too hot for this hot blooded Irish chick (read: premenopausal)

Can't wait to meet up with you gals along the road - my confidence is building every day and this solo thing is pretty darn great!

Take care - and holler if you are ever out my way.
Pinky

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:00 AM   #89
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
For those of you looking for an excuse adn you want to make the trek to Ohio, we have a chili cookoff anniversary rally planned. Check out the calendar! We can set it up so us ladies have some "lady time" on friday night or or something. This will be our 2nd to last event before we stick to driveway camping for the rest of the year.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #90
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
I would do it in a heartbeat if it were earlier in the streamin season. Traveling from Oregon to Ohio and back without smooth sailing weather might prove to be harder on this Airstreamin' greenhorn. Dang it! Just itching to hit the road and meet all you wonderful women out there and laugh and giggle! I sure could use it! I guess I will just have to be patient! Anyway, take good care everyone and for you all at the Chili cookoff, have fun!!!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:22 AM   #91
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Looks like things are soon to wind down in the midwest for this camping season. Still time to hit the Ohio rally with Lauren for the Anniversary Rally.

DH and I and the dogs and cat got to check out Port Crescent State Park, located at the tip of Michigan's "thumb" along three miles of sandy shoreline of Lake Huron's Saginaw Bay. The park also offers excellent fishing, canoeing, hiking, cross-country skiing, birding, and hunting opportunities.

We had a pleasant and scenic autumn drive and a stay with plenty of quiet and seclusion on the rainy Columbus Day holiday. However we hit all the camping bases such as reading, sitting on the beach, campfire, cook-out, hike, and of course the doggie walk and swim and the sun did peek out a time or two.

More pics here:

Port Crescent State Park Slideshow

We will be trying to do another impromptu Thanksgiving trip again this year. I sure wish I could come over and play with you gals on the West coast!!! Hope you are getting out and getting together. It'll probably be warm here in another 7 months or so.

photography
Old 10-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #92
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
So glad I saw this post...I was just looking for a place to go this coming weekend and was on the Port Crescent DNR site trying to decide between this campground or one in Holland, MI. After seeing how much fun your dogs had (LOVE the pic of them passed out on the couch!) and the beautiful scenery in your slideshow...I will be headed to Port Crescent tomorrow night, 10/22, for a three day stay. Thanks for sharing and making my decision an easy one! Maybe next time we can meet up. I live in the Flint, MI area and this is a hop, skip, and jump for me. Happy Trails, Kelly
Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote