Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #41
3 Rivet Member

1995 31' Land Yacht
Clovis , California
Thanks for the welcome! I am leaving CA about the 25th for MN. to visit family & friends. Do a little genealogy. I am planning on touring northern WI & MI when I leave MN so the PJ party will work. Can't wait to meet some AS ladies. The park and area look fantastic for my intro to MI. I travel with my dog Nicklaus, a standard poodle who loves to travel.
Myrna
LuvRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvRVing View Post
Thanks for the welcome! I am leaving CA about the 25th for MN. to visit family & friends. Do a little genealogy. I am planning on touring northern WI & MI when I leave MN so the PJ party will work. Can't wait to meet some AS ladies. The park and area look fantastic for my intro to MI. I travel with my dog Nicklaus, a standard poodle who loves to travel.
Myrna
What a sweet MH!!! Now I think I would be big time fearing drivin' one of them compared to backing in my little 22' You GO Girl!!

I travel with my girls too - but not sure how much longer Taz my 13 year old LabxGolden will be with me - hoping she will stay with us for the summer at least. She has gone deaf now, and has a bit of a hard time breathing in the evenings, a little unsteady on her feet and does not like the stairs - so I have to lift her - I'm not the kind of dog owner that will let her get to be uncomfortable and in a crisis so it is hard looking at her with that in mind on a daily basis now. She is scheduled for the vet on the 21st to see if she has early stages of congestive heart failure - which can be eased with meds for a while. She has some pretty big benign tumours common for labs. But as long as she is eating well, drinking and exiting in all the right places and shows no signs of distress then I will be more than pleased to baby her. She has had a long life considering they said she was not going to live past her 5th month!!! Her knee surgery 2 years ago now did not help matters on the arthritis end of things poor baby.

My Golden she is 8 now and a little teddy bear with the hair to prove it. She is more like a sheep skin dog too - really really thick hair- I have to keep her short so her pantaloons don't mat up all the time. When she gets into the bur bushes in the fall OMG what a mess. She looks more like a fuzzy lab than a whispy golden.

Can't wait to meet everyone too - I hope we get a great turn out.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #43
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellen60 View Post
I am going to Hawk Lake Lodge in Ontario (without my AS) to slay some smallmouth bass and trophy walley. Fishing, like 'Streaming is a disease! [url=http://www.hawk-lake.com/]".

Kelly
Wow you are way way way up north - should be some real awesome fishing up there. Take your bug spray with you!!! I find the best stuff is Watkins insect repellant. It is a cream and can go on the clothes without staining and in the hair without affecting the "colour" tee hee. Does not smell too bad - but try not to get it on your tongue LOL.

Have played baseball for years and years and all the gals swear by it - it really does work and it lasts much longer than the sprays and even the deep woods stuff all the guys swear by.

Have a great time fishing...take pics and share when you get back please - would love to see the scenery up there - I have only been that far north when it is buried in SNOW!!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #44
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
I reserved my spot online and didn't immediately get a confirmation or a campsite number but it finally came through! I'm 007 - (shaken, not stirred). Now I'm going to head back to the website and see exactly where Sean Connery and I will be.

I have a 3 year old German Shorthaired Pointer who loves to fetch tennis balls. She is my baby and my butt head at the same time. I love her to pieces and feel much safer traveling with her. Besides, she likes ice cream, too!

Kelly
Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #45
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
I reserved my spot online and didn't immediately get a confirmation or a campsite number but it finally came through! I'm 007 - (shaken, not stirred). Now I'm going to head back to the website and see exactly where Sean Connery and I will be.

I have a 3 year old German Shorthaired Pointer who loves to fetch tennis balls. She is my baby and my butt head at the same time. I love her to pieces and feel much safer traveling with her. Besides, she likes ice cream, too!

Kelly
I am willing to bet that you go through the McD's drivethru and order a plane icecream cone and your baby gets that ha ha....

Hope to see you there...will book as soon as pennies from heaven fall my way.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #46
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Quote:
Just made my reservation at Lake Huron Campground for Thursday, August 11 through Sunday, August 14. I picked a lake side lot and requested that they try and put all the Airstreams together as the reservations come in. Looks like a great campground and I love that they serve hot pizza in a little pizza kitchen right there! Looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing a story or two around a campfire. Kelly
Wow!! $59/night? That is a bit rich for my blood. What site did you get? Maybe I can get one of the less expensive ones close by.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #47
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Hey fellow wonderful women streamers! I just booked site # 006 (right next to secret agent 007)!! I will be there August 10th thru the 17th. I figured since I'm coming all the way from Ory-gun, that I would stay awhile. Can't wait to meet all of you and have some giggles and hear all your adventures in life!! Take care and have a great day!!!
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #48
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Starting to book up - that is great...

Me I am still waiting on pennies from heaven - so that I can clear a credit card and book the site.

Carita - when you booked do you have to pay the full amount or just one days stay with the balance upon check in?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #49
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Day & Date correction

[QUOTE= ........"I pick the weekend of Friday August 13 and Saturday August 14, with optional early arrival on Wednesday August 10 through Sunday night extension, leaving on Monday for the hanger oners .....[/QUOTE]

Just a note: Friday and Saturday are the 12th & 13th ~ Sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #50
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Rivet PJ Rally camping rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by uluwene View Post
Wow!! $59/night? That is a bit rich for my blood. What site did you get? Maybe I can get one of the less expensive ones close by.
I won't be paying $59/$69 either...... that is the rate for a cabin.

I'll get a full hook-up if available. Has a certain area been chosen?

9/6 -10/31 daily rate

Lakefront/Supersite $49

Full Hook-up $33

Water/Elec. $29

~ S
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Old 06-16-2011, 05:32 AM   #51
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Hoping to make it

I have to see as I'm doing a bridal shower for my future sis in law and she's working on dates in August...I hope to have her date set up soon!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #52
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we View Post

9/6 -10/31 daily rate

Lakefront/Supersite $49

Full Hook-up $33

Water/Elec. $29

~ S
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we View Post

9/6 -10/31 daily rate

Lakefront/Supersite $49

Full Hook-up $33

Water/Elec. $29

~ S

I'm sorry Sisters. I posted the rates listed on the campground site. I e-mailed a Q to Lake Huron Campground and found the full hookups are $47.
I am now trying to find the site that had the rates I think I saw. And also a really huge sorry for not paying close attention to the date which I also have wrong.

~ Sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Old 06-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #53
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Hi you wonderful women!! I booked the lakeside with Kelly for $59 night. Her site is #007 and mine is #006. I can totally relate to not wanting to pay so much for a site. If we need to change locations so that we can all be close, I'm totally for that too! Plus when I booked my 7 nights, they had me only pay for one night ($59)and they gave me the weekly rate ($249).

What do you all think? Should we go for the cheapest hookup so we can all be together? I kinda like that idea. Besides, I'm not sure the rest of the campground would see humor in me knockin' at their door at midnight, lookin' for another Silver Sister who was suppose to bring the ice!!

So let's keep yakin' so we can get this all worked out. Can't wait to meet all of you!!!! Take care and have a great day!!! ~Cari~
Old 06-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I had thoughts about the idea of being so close to the lake - LOL.

From my past experience I do not walk very well at night - mind you I have most likely had some alcoholic assistance with that. But then ask Carol I or (we) don't do too well in lawn chairs either. But we are stealth when it comes to finding DRY fire wood.

I must figure out a way to have a wine store make me up a batch of the BlackCurrent Merlot. Peter is too busy and not so well to be worrying about my drinking habits and certainly don't want our place to smell like a winery while we list

I will be fine on Elect/Wat for the weekend - and no issues for me to run to the dump station if I am full. It worked out great having a little shelter that we could gather around - all our trailers were close by - just thoughts. I will most likely come in early - WHEN the pennies from heaven come!!! still not here yet but I can feel it in the air now...

Sold a few items and Peter and I have decided that once they catch up his pay and we get our flood claim in - we are going to split the items we sold and have some summer mad money. I really should put mine toward my tuition - but heck I can not go the whole summer without some sort of VACATION!!!

Hey Sue how the heck R Ya! You too Steph been such a long time - hope you are both well - Steph I am doing the Huuuummmm meditation to shift that Sis in Law shower off that Aug 12-14 date so you will be a free woman!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
It's their lake and not the lake if that makes the risk any less imposing Sharon. But you are right, it is odd just how agressively those Zip Dees can turn you on your side just when you get to feeling pretty good...

Listen gals I have had a few pms and e-mails about just when I am making my reservation. Not to be a kill joy here but my coach from Amazon.com called me just yesterday and asked if I would want to be part of their summer pilot program for early work campers for this year's peak. I am seriously considering going to Kentucky asap to accept this work opportunity. More on that later, but I did want to give you a heads up right away. We already have several Rivettes on board and several Silver Sisters so I hope this doesn't compromise the event.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #56
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
I am seriously considering going to Kentucky asap to accept this work opportunity. More on that later, but I did want to give you a heads up right away. We already have several Rivettes on board and several Silver Sisters so I hope this doesn't compromise the event.
Hey girl - you gotta do what you gotta do. If you can't make it we will save you some cupcakes. (are we having cupcakes?) or is that Sue coming with her 'cupcake'.

No worries we will just have to organize a Caravan via Kentucky. Funny you might be heading that way - as I thought I might stretch my rally out to visit a friend of mine in Kentucky who just bought a new place and I was hoping to wish them both well and give them a house warming in person.

Anyway - lets keep our fingers crossed that you might be able to pop up through Ohio if you have to head down.

If you do head down - don't you dare have second thoughts or feel terrible - we all of course will be glad that you have found some extra work to make ends meet - it is tough times for all Carol.

You have done great already for this Rally Carol in sewing the seed and getting lots of us pumped to meet up again.

I am still going to try my very best to be there. And I have convinced a friend of mine to come with me.

Life is funny we were neighbours in England. When my parents talked of their plan to emigrate to Canada it sparked interest with their friends. The made their decision to move as well and followed us a month later. They had two daughters. Although my parents and theirs have stayed in touch all their lives we children lost touch over 30 years ago!

The youngest who is just a few years younger than I is a nurse and when she heard of Peters transplants, she got in touch with me to find out all about it. She is an Rv'er herself and loves to camp. We were able to spend a day and night last month and I think we had 2 hours sleep in all our catching up and reminiscing over all our dog tails. It was such a good time. She is a hoot and would have a great time at the Rally. Okay so she owns an SOB and drools over my airstream - so I gave her a once in a life time opportunity to experience and airstream

Good luck Carol - although I will be sad that I will miss you at the Rally I am hoping that you take the opportunity if it is in your best interest!!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #57
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Carol, if you can't make it, I totally understand! You have to take care of yourself first!! I will miss you though, dang it!! You were the one who was always crackin' me up so that's why I decided to join the Silver Sisters thread. If I don't meet you in MI, I'm sure I'll hook up with another rally that you're in. You just take good care of yourself and know that those at the PJ rally will raise our glass of wine to ya and have an extra cupcake in your name!! (Or Chocolate bar, whichever comes first!!). Ciao for now, ~Cari~
Old 06-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #58
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

I thoroughly appreciate the graciousness shown me and it makes me even more disappointed to miss this incredible rally. But let's get this party started!

Since the rally location is so close to many Lake Huron shore parks I thought a day of retail therapy, browsing the local shops and either planning a picnic lunch or finding a great place for lunch might be a fun activity.

I definitely am hoping for a photo op of the PJ party campfire. And what could be more in tune with the PJ party and girl talks than a slipper contest? Who has Snooki slippers? Who has bunny slippers? Who has the Airstream slippers? Maybe we could post the feet and slipper pictures while the rest of us living vicariously through your adventures can try to guess who is who.

I think a nice wine and cheese reception on Friday might be a nice ice breaker.

What do you say. Let's hear what you gals are wanting to do and see. I hope we get many more silver sisters involved and can make this a regular event, rotating locations and dates to grow our numbers every year.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #59
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Carol, I love your ideas!!! Friday night wine and cheese reception is perfect! Plus I love the slipper contest!!! What a kick!!! I'm game for both of those. I like the idea of window shopping and browsing. That's always fun. So there's my two cents worth! I'll put my thinking cap on and try to help out with some ideas too. Thanks so much Carol for all your time, energy and enthusiasm to make this happen!! I'm praying for pennies from heaven for ya!!! Take care and have a great week! ~Cari~
Old 06-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #60
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Yea! Snooki slippers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snookislips.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	133328

And maybe there should be a first toe award and a big toe award.

Name:   0906-pretty-feet.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  22.6 KB

Name:	51HKN79VH7L__SS500_.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	133332

And where are our Michigan Rivettes? We had a blast last year at Tawas. Let's bring it!

Suz?

Name:	suz.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	133329

Steph?

Name:	Steph.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	133330