Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Which weekend in October?
Oct. 5-7 5 17.24%
Oct. 12-14 6 20.69%
Oct. 19-21 9 31.03%
Oct. 26-28 9 31.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2007, 10:51 PM   #261
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Talking movie screen

Yeah, when you project a movie on the side of an AS, the actors' heads distort all funny on top from the curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir
Yup, a white sheet is good....better than the sob side and much better than alumimum!
Neil.

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:21 PM   #262
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Need more camping gear?

Ingrid-

Since I used to HATE tent camping (got stuck during Boy Scout years when troop leader didn't appreciate value of adult camper "HQ" with refrigerator and cushy beds..), we still have some camping gear also.. If you need it, I'd bring aluminum cot (off the ground) plus thick air mattress (more of same) plus foam padding (more..) plus we have an extra 7' square "Dome Tent" if you want separate quarters for chilluns... We'll also have the small 110V quartz heater I acquired for trailer to use in Joshua Tree if you have concerns about tent getting frosty inside...

I do understand about Bruce and profitable work (as opposed to the other kind..), but hope to see you guys, if even for the day and dinner on Saturday night...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:25 AM   #263
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
well past time for a tarantula fun fact. i just happened to pull out an old national geographic (1994) out of my vast collection and it just happened to have a great article on, you guessed it, tarantulas. so one of the many things i learned is....

tarantulas don't hunt. they just wait and wait and wait for something like a bug to wander on by. then it pounces with incredible speed.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #264
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee

tarantulas don't hunt. they just wait and wait and wait for something like a bug to wander on by. then it pounces with incredible speed.
Oh, Lord give me strength.........nope he hasn't. This fact from Big Dee can be applied to our new good friend...doorgunner.

sorry.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:27 PM   #265
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Cool Bless you

Thanks so much! If there's a tent up for us when we arrive, that will be the best thing. We have air mattresses and all the camping gear we need. If we can use someone's electricity to pump up the air mattresses, we'll be good to go. (We also have cots; found them to be very uncomfortable...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoluminum
Ingrid-

Since I used to HATE tent camping (got stuck during Boy Scout years when troop leader didn't appreciate value of adult camper "HQ" with refrigerator and cushy beds..), we still have some camping gear also.. If you need it, I'd bring aluminum cot (off the ground) plus thick air mattress (more of same) plus foam padding (more..) plus we have an extra 7' square "Dome Tent" if you want separate quarters for chilluns... We'll also have the small 110V quartz heater I acquired for trailer to use in Joshua Tree if you have concerns about tent getting frosty inside...

I do understand about Bruce and profitable work (as opposed to the other kind..), but hope to see you guys, if even for the day and dinner on Saturday night...

John McG

ingrid
Old 08-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #266
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingoes
If we can use someone's electricity to pump up the air mattresses, we'll be good to go.
I will have a 12v inflator that I use to inflate our 'rubber' raft. It will blow up your mattress before the margarita shows it's magic upon you.
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 08-26-2007, 10:36 PM   #267
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Wow, we're getting the royal treatment. Is there going to be a red carpet going up to the tent?

Seriously, that would be great.

You love me, you really really love me!!

ingrid
Old 08-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #268
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Wow, we're getting the royal treatment. Is there going to be a red carpet going up to the tent?
EHHH, Maybe a carpet but we will not discuss a Throne.
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 08-27-2007, 04:39 PM   #269
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Well!

Hmph! (pink tosses her hair back like Miss Piggy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir
EHHH, Maybe a carpet but we will not discuss a Throne.

ingrid
Old 08-27-2007, 07:26 PM   #270
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Everybody do the Tarantella...

Quote:
well past time for a tarantula fun fact. i just happened to pull out an old national geographic (1994) out of my vast collection and it just happened to have a great article on, you guessed it, tarantulas. so one of the many things i learned is....

The name tarantula comes from a real spider that is found in Spain, it lives mainly in an area around the town of Taranto. In fact the real tarantula (The European Wolf Spider, Lycosa Tarantula) is distantly related to the other spiders that share its name. The real tarantula is a small slightly hairy spider (about 2 inches ((5cm)) across). It is not dangerous to humans!

The people of the Spanish town of Taranto, believed that if they were bitten by they spider that they called tarantula, if the bite was not treated quickly, that they would die. The only way to survive it's bite, they believed, was to do a dance called the Tarantella. This involved very fast spinning and jumping until they could dance no more and fell to the ground exhauasted. This the locals believed was the onlycure.

The real Tarantula of course is, like the other spiders wrongly named after it, are not really dangerous to most humans. You may feel a little sick if you have been bitten by a tarantula, but normally that is all. Nowadays, all large hairy spiders have been given the name tarantula, even though many are only very distantly related to the real tarantula. Tarantulas are often called bird eating spiders, very few actually eat birds, those that do usually raid nests and take the young chicks, most however, like our native spiders only eat insects.

Sidenote... the Tarentella dance sounds like something you do when a Tarantula crawls up your shirt...
Old 08-27-2007, 09:05 PM   #271
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowolf
The only way to survive it's bite, they believed, was to do a dance called the Tarantella. This involved very fast spinning and jumping until they could dance no more and fell to the ground exhauasted. This the locals believed was the onlycure.

Sidenote... the Tarentella dance sounds like something you do when a Tarantula crawls up your shirt...
Sounds like you guys have a new good activity after the potluck...besides, we all in need of some kind of exercise after the hugh potluck fest...

=^^=TT Ghost Writer
Old 08-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #272
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Royal Treatment-- sidebar please

Quote:
Hmph! (pink tosses her hair back like Miss Piggy)
So the queen and Dolly Parton pass away on the same day, as chance would have it there was only one spot available for entry into heaven that day.
The entrance angel asks Dolly why she should be allowed into heaven. Dolly disrobes her blouse and announces that she should be allowed in because she is endowed with the most beautiful breasts ever on the planet earth.
The queen asks where the rest room is located. She enters and after a brief interlude all hear the swirling movement of water from behind the door.
The queen - quite refreshed - looks at the angel.
The angel says- Ms Parton- I'm sorry but the queen will only be allowed in heaven today.
What says Dolly, please explain.
The angel replies- Well even in heaven the best pair you could possibly hold is still beaten by a royal flush!!

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:54 PM   #273
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner
So the queen and Dolly Parton pass away on the same day, as chance would have it there was only one spot available for entry into heaven that day.
The entrance angel asks Dolly why she should be allowed into heaven. Dolly disrobes her blouse and announces that she should be allowed in because she is endowed with the most beautiful breasts ever on the planet earth.
The queen asks where the rest room is located. She enters and after a brief interlude all hear the swirling movement of water from behind the door.
The angel says- Ms Parton- I'm sorry but the queen will only be allowed in heaven today.
The angel replies- Well even in heaven the best pair you could possibly hold is still beaten by a royal flush!!
hahahahahaha...that's a good one doorgunner. i am going to retell that one.

Come rally with us.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #274
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Muppet humor

Ah waka waka wakaaa!! (Fozzie Bear)

Good one dg.

Update: Bruce is indeed playing the Friday night of the LSA rally. However last time he toured the show sold out in 2 minutes. I had to fly to Arizona to see him in Glendale. We'll see how it goes Sept 15th. I can't miss my shot in the arm when he comes to town. The truth is, I'm scared and thinking I ain't that young anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner

ingrid
Old 09-03-2007, 11:10 PM   #275

2007 16' Bambi
Pacific Grove , California
Red face Hi there - any space left at Lake San Antonio?

My Bambi and I are new to this forum. Checking things out - would love to learn more about the "rally" (would be our first) at Lake San Antonio in October. Could someone please send more info on how to register? What to bring?

Thanks so much,
Lisa
Lisa'sBambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #276
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
You're IN!

Lisa-

Welcome, and please join us! Until Big Dee officially replies, this rally is at a County Park with hookup sites and no assigned or reserved spaces.. Depending on arrival time, you may have to walk from adjacent lop of sites, but bring potluck item and food and prepare to meet a lot of other Airstreamers.. Not heavily "Organized" (no official time sheets or agenda) other than cocktail hour and dinner Saturday.. You're welcome to sightsee, wine taste, or explore area around Paso Robles. Last year they held a holiday fair, car show and craft festival to entertain us in town.... DO bring cash to put in envelope for fees, since ranger station not staffed during much of Friday arrival window, and you need to pay on way in...

John

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:43 PM   #277
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Hi Lisa, as John put it "You're IN" There are several loop areas that we will all be in with full hookups. If you would like to reserve a site in the "A" loop you can with the County parks office. Big Dee has done that for A1-A3 for himself,Cam and myself. Another forum member "ajanib" maybe be caravanning with me down on Friday afternoon from Carmel. So if you want to join us, feel free to do so. It's an easy drive from the Peninsula.
Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #278
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
theres room for everyone!

wow, jeff and john are good welcomers. i just sent lisa a pm with the details. i hope to see her new bambi at the rally.

ingrid- did i get this right? you went all the way to arizona to see bruce? wow, now that's a fan. i understand now why you would miss the rally for a concert. better not pass up this chance if hes playing right in your backyard. do you have tickets yet?

Come rally with us.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:54 PM   #279
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
raining under the trailer!

yup getting ready for another 5 day trip starting thursday!
So last sunday LL and I were getting ready for the trip to Calaveras Big Trees this week and she pointed out water leaking out from the belly pan! The whole belly pan! Found a repair the PO had cobbled in the main water supply line. What a wet mess, carpets soaked and who knows what creatures drowned in "belly pan land". So got the fans workin, carpet lifted and cold ones tilted back! Can't wait for the weekend, B.B. King and Etta James!
Sounds like there's going to be a good group this year.
Hey Dan;
I noticed the sign in thing says the list is inaccurate. I know Neil has changed his forum name in an effort to distance himself from me- now he's FreshAir. Must have something to do with that roadside stop we made when caravaning home from Casini last spring.
I got another surprise for LSA this year' he he he!

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:41 PM   #280
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
No tickets yet...they go on sale Sept 15th.

You got it right...I have a fan friend who lives in Phoenix, with an extra bedroom. She had frequent flyer miles galore, and the show in Glendale had plenty of seats, so I paid for the tickets, flew down for the weekend, hiked to the top of Camelback Mountain Friday, saw Bruce Saturday, Sunday flew home.

Let's just say I have a very understanding spouse!

Quote:
ingrid- did i get this right? you went all the way to arizona to see bruce? wow, now that's a fan. i understand now why you would miss the rally for a concert. better not pass up this chance if hes playing right in your backyard. do you have tickets yet?

ingrid