Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2005, 03:23 PM   #101
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Hey it worked. Good job everybody. What a beautiful, sunny day! Now, no more rain for two more weeks and we will be all set!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #102
1 Rivet Member

Talking Be there rain or shine

We have friday off and are itching to go. Looking forward to daylight saving time and alittle rain won't stop us. We are from the north where it rains all the time. I have found some leaks. A little sun all fixed. See you there T&Y
T&Y Rolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 04:54 PM   #103
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
, California
Just waiting

Hey y'all,
Battery is charged on Ratt's Nest, LP tanks are full, GPS has new battery and I'll be shopping for food tonight! 9 days left, glad I'm off friday.- Ray.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:07 PM   #104
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Rain has come and gone and it is suppose to be nice this weekend. If only we were going this weekend! But with all of us thinking positively, it can only be sunny beautiful for us! Right?

Anyway, my trailer is in use now by my mom and sister at KOA Monterey. I have Friday the 8th off. So I go over on Thursday night and pack up to leave on Friday morning. I am planning on driving Hwy 1 up through Half Moon Bay, up to Pacifica and over the GG Bridge. Anyone know how Devils Slide is? Hoping it is open and doable. Plan on arriving at Casini around 1-2pm. I'll set up an open bar and ice chest of beer and host happy hour if everyone wants to. Bring some munchies and it's party time!

Really, really can't wait!

Come rally with us.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:42 PM   #105
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Gearing Up !

Nice to see a few of us already getting ready. Planning ahead, has found me replacing the electric heating element in the refer, rotating the tires, flushing the water system, installing a new weight distribution hitch,(no its not a Hensley), and I really will be pressed to see any difference, as I'ved pulled equipment trailers greater in weight without such a device.The big thing, was buying new inner spring futons to replace the original goucho beds ! oh my, what a difference from the 4" cushions, might even sleep in at the rally. Can't wait to get the ole' trailer in motion. Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:35 PM   #106
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
Getting ready.

I purchased a memory foam topper for my new dinette bed..

Does anyone coming have a rivet shaver?
Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:21 PM   #107
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Rain, Rain ! Go Away!

Hi everyone! We can't wait either. This is our first AS Rallly. Big Dee-We will bring snacks and libations. We don't know just yet when we'll get there, but it'll be ASAP!

On an impulse, we took the AS out to Lawson's Landing (South of Dillon Beach, where the Pacific meets Tomales Bay,for those unfamiliar) for Easter Weekend and camped amongst the cows & cow patties. We were extremely lucky to have a nearly full moon Saturday evening with absolutely no wind ( quite rare out there) and stunning moonlit sand dunes behind us. Absolutely magical! Barely escaped the torrential rains on Sunday afternoon though!

Until then...keep thinking, NO RAIN!

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:05 AM   #108
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Have never been to an AS rally of any kind but this Forums Rally sound like some thing we would enjoy. Only problem --time and distance!!!! DW retires june 30 "yaa", then maybe we'll get to meet some of you folk. In the mean time here's hoping you all have great weather and a good get together-----Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:53 PM   #109
4 Rivet Member

OK you guys are making me soooo jealous about a bunch of Airstream folks getting together. So close and yet so far, will be Los Gatos that weekend. Iam trusting that someone will take pictures and share. Hey Big Dee when is the next one, perhaps good campfire conversation. Wishing all a GREAT time.
Excella3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:57 PM   #110
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Hey Big Dee...and to think you were worried this thread was dead!

Our plans are up in the air, but I'm coming alone, for the day, at the very least. Bringing my neice and kid for sure, the moody teen said, "yeah!!" When I asked if she wanted to go. I for one need to get out of these four walls.

Everybody get ready to give pinkflamingoes a tour, she's bringing her measuring tape...the bathroom is especially an issue. Jeff thinks he's going to put the new bathroom on the side, a shower on the other side, and he'll fit. I think the bathroom needs to stay in the back, or he'll have to get out to turn around and go back in. Big dude.

See you at the beautiful Russian River!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:54 PM   #111
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Two Weeks Now...

Nice to see everyone is getting excited! Wow- what a beautiful day today! If only...

Excella3287 and Pieman- Thanks for the nice thoughts. Wish you all would be there. Hope to see Excella at Seacliff this weekend and talk BBQ!

Ingrid- I am sure everyone will be willing to show off their rigs on Saturday before dinner. You've already seen mine but are welcome again.

Can't wait to see everybody!

Casini Rally List
1) Big Dee..............Confirmed........Site 147
2) Coastalview........Confirmed........Site 146
3) Hit'the'road.........Confirmed........Site 145
4) Safari Tim...........Confirmed........Site 144
5) caadoptees.........Confirmed........Site 139
6) MikeB.................Confirmed........Site 138
7) Luminati..............Confirmed.......Site 136
8) JBMcG.................Confirmed.......Site 137
9) Fatt Ratt.............Confirmed.......Site 127
10) TallZach............Confirmed........Site 126

Also Attending
T&Y Rolling and Friends.................Sites 140 & 141
Pinkflamingoes (sans trailer)
Trailerbunny (sans trailer)

Anybody else care to join us? All the rally reserved sites are taken but there are still sites available by calling Casini Ranch directly at 800-451-8400. All the full hook-up sites are close to each other so ask for a full hook-up site. Please consider joining us for some merriment. Hope to see you there!

Saturday night's BBQ is looking good. Wow, look at this menu so far:

Saturday Night Potluck List
Big Dee..................Chicken Wings/ Chips&Salsa&Homemade Guac
Safari Tim...............Patato Salad
CoastalView.............Garlic Bread/Dessert
Mike B....................Mexican Casserole
JBMcG....................Green Salad
Hit'the'road.............Green Bean Casserole/Fruit Salad
Luminati..................Brownies
Trailerbunny.............Salmon
pinkflamingoes..........Undecided
caadoptees..............Undecided
Fatt Ratt.................Undecided
TallZach..................Undecided
T&Y Rolling...............Pasta Salad

Come rally with us.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:46 PM   #112
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Post One Week To Go!

Hey All,

Is everybody ready to rally? I sure am!

I've talked to Casini and confirmed our rally. I set it up so everyone pays the office directly. Everyone should stop at the office and pay when arriving. Tell the office that you are with the Airsteam Forum group and your site number. Everyone please make note of your site number for check-in. Again, everyone should pay the office upon arriving at Casini.

Casini says the campground has dried nicely with these sunny days and should be beautiful. Now if the rain will stay away, we will be in excellent shape. I am soooo excited now. Only 4 work days left!

Come rally with us.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:05 PM   #113
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
We'll join Friday aft...

I'm off to biz mtg in Florida Sunday morning at Oh-dark-fifteen, but coming home early Weds to be sure and make Rally.. Got space assignment, menu assignment and filled the Suburban fuel tank ( ) Propane tanks full, waste tanks empty and we're getting excited as well...

May not have time to wash next round of yellow pollen off or wax it, but fridge will be working, and I'm giving up excitement of work Friday to leave before noon.. Hope to join you for sunset celebration with several hours to spare... I'll bring an extra tape measure for Ingrid, and her hubby can explore side shower in ours if he wants to practice twirling while raising his arms...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #114
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
A couple of places near Casini

I'm bummed to miss the rally, but thought of a couple of a place that might be of interest... If you cross the Golden Gate and cut over to the southern part of route 1 going along Tomales bay, going to or from Casini Ranch, you might make a point of stopping in Marshall for Hog Island oysters. These are the excellent ones you get in SF restaurants, and a fun to place to stop. You can get bunches to shuck yourself and picnic, or you can go down the road a piece to the store where they bbq 'em, among other things. Marshall is just a, well not even, a wide spot in the road, and a very cool slice of west Marin county. This might not be the most fun route for the larger trailers, but who knows.

The other place is Rivers End, at the north end of Jenner on Route 1. I've never eaten there, but have heard that it's pretty good. Looks like a great place for cocktails at sunset.

Have a great time!

Peter
Old 04-02-2005, 11:14 AM   #115
Rivet Master

2012 31' Classic
Golden Valley , Arizona
Put us down for my wife's broccoli/cheese/rice casserole. I was finally able to pin her down on it. See you guys Friday.
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
On the road!
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: https://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: https://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:51 PM   #116
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
To those who get there before me....

No laughing at me backing in!

Be forwarned that I'm terrible at it. You may be amused from afar....
Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:37 PM   #117

Hope to see you there.

Hope to get it together and be there, I have been to the rally at calastoga..lots of fun as I find them all to be. I will be the 79 airstream I will have to call in at the last minute but its all familiar territory. My sister is in Rohnert Park. Hope to meet and say at least a hello. Happy Camping. jlmaggio
jlmaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #118
Rivet Master

We really will miss the rally. Wanted to go but have another scheduled excursion planned for this weekend. We'll be thinking of you guys. Please take lost of pictures Big Dee.
Tinsel Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 05:17 PM   #119
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Weather Forecast...

Here is the ten day forecast (let's hope that they are dependably wrong): http://www.weather.com/activities/ev...m=search_10day

At the worst scenario, it will be a mild and warm sprinkle on Friday. Right ? Hey! We can tough it out!

I'm trying to get our torn and rather stiff Zip Dee awning repaired before the rally. It looks as though we may need it.

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:17 AM   #120
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
I'm sorry!!

I'm sorry I washed my car last weekend. It's my fault it's raining again.

Daughter has the 9 am game that morning and then I'm coming out to see you all, I informed husband, gently, with him or without him. He may not make it because of work, but I'll be there, kids in tow depending on the mood that day! I put pictures into a photo album to bring along.

See you there!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote