Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Which Weekend in April?
April 13-15 2 10.00%
April 20-22 4 20.00%
April 27-29 18 90.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #1001
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
Reno , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper

(Hey this is my 1000th post and I'm still waiting for my 500 post rivet master check. It's in the mail, right? Now does this mean I need to bring 2 rubber chickens, 2 hula hoops, and 2 hats to the next rally? Just wondering...)

BamMaster
Now I get why there are so many posts! More posts equals $$$ Looking forward to hanging out with everyone.

The new coach arives this friday afternoon and we are going to take our first trip Saturday. Just a quick shot up the mt and boondock in the squaw valley parking lot for a great couple of shows (The Ski Tour) . G love & Special Sauce + The Wailers (- Bob Marley of course) followed by George Clinton and the P Funk Allstars should be a great set of music. Followed by a slow day of snowboarding on sunday.

BamMaster good to know there are some other 16'ers out there. We had to leave the state to get ours down in Paso Robles area - not that i need an excuse to head to wine country.

Cheers
D
DandB^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #1002
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandB^2
Pause for Mr. Gallo.....

Thanks for the suggestions. We are big fans of Lodi Zin, Paso Robes Rhones and Oregon Pinots but when it comes to wine its all good.

Anyone ever had Japanese ShoChu? The closest way to describe it is to call it Japanese Vodka. Its made from either rice, barely or sweet potato the later being the best IMO. Stronger than Sake but not as strong as Whiskey - and I can personally atest to the fact that it improves your Karaoke skills . I will bring a bottle to share but I am not responsible for any random acts of Karaoke.
Cheers
D & B^2
I can see that Doug and Bin Bin are Nor Cal'ers who have been trapped in another body. You will do nicely here. Another "ahem"; does the now nationally recognized Margarita Ball (famous in song and story) rate a mention at the Saturday night Potluck, or should we leave it home?
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #1003
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner
Please note my new name to be Rickie. DG
DG or Rick - I couldnt wait for you any longer, Goin camping sucked me into a thread that I couldnt resist....get posting so that we can all do that chicken thingy with the hats and hula hoops at Casini.

Time
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #1004
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
Reno , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminati
I'm sensing a "heli-chop-ter" theme brewing! First Doorgunner and now....Reno-D! Is that a Search n' Rescue unit? At least we'll have the rescue on standby. Oh, and welcome to NorCal!
The only thing I am searching out are fresh tracks! That was my 1 day of helicopter skiing in Whistler, BC. The only thing that could have made that day any better would have been another 12 hours of sunlight. What a blast! Maybe hanging out the side with a machine gun would have made it more intresting or at minimum dropping bombs for avalanche control, who knows.

D
Old 03-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #1005
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
chopper talk

Hey, D and B - is that a Ecureuil? you drive that thing or just ski out of it? Looks like a slick, painted red. DG on edit looks like we were typing at the same time I'll get you a machine gun pic sorry can not get the 70's shots to upload and Time what the 8qvef9 are you talking about, chickens hats hula hoops. Keep that crud in your own half of the state. We got class up here in the North.

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #1006
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
Reno , Nevada
Quote:
Hey, D and B - is that a Ecureuil? you drive that thing or just ski out of it? Looks like a slick, painted red. DG on edit looks like we were typing at the same time I'll get you a machine gun pic
I wish I drove it, but honestly I would settle for just skiing out of it a lot more. Winning the lottery might help with that.

In terms of the ride its:
A-Star Helicopter
This single jet-engine helicopter, manufactured by Eurocopter, is similar in performance to the Bell 407. Whistler Heli-Skiing will be using this helicopter to fly skiers and boarders who have booked the Ultimate Excursion package. The A-Star can carry groups of 4 or 5 skiers and boarders, plus the guide and the pilot. It will also be available for groups of skiers or boarders who wish to have their own private heli-skiing experience.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #1007
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8strm
does the now nationally recognized Margarita Ball (famous in song and story) rate a mention at the Saturday night Potluck, or should we leave it home?
Are you kidding? You'll get half the turnout without "the Ball".
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:23 PM   #1008
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
str8tstrm, the pink tanked margiball will take center stage where it rightly belongs on Saturday, and all days/nites!!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:31 PM   #1009
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Thank you ladies. We are hoping that our esteemed Wagon Master agrees. So far we've got no ink.
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #1010
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
What?

Quote:
and Time what the 8qvef9 are you talking about, chickens hats hula hoops. Keep that crud in your own half of the state. We got class up here in the North.
Well...it seems that DG is dissing our celebration techniques (sorry Bam)....and by the way...we ARE the state, if it wasn't for that darn gold at Sutters in 1849, LA would have been the capital...and as far a class goes...we got the best trailer parks in the world in So Cal, chicken coops and all...

Time
Old 03-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #1011
Mr. Peeps, Pull-It Master

2007 25' International CCD
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE
Well...it seems that DG is dissing our celebration techniques (sorry Bam)....and by the way...we ARE the state, if it wasn't for that darn gold at Sutters in 1849, LA would have been the capital...and as far a class goes...we got the best trailer parks in the world in So Cal, chicken coops and all...

Time
Can't agree with you Timemachine about your statement: "we ARE the state", but sure take exception with DG's response too. Not all of us NorCal people have too much class for hoola-hoops and chickens, or whatever crazy rituals we decide to partake in around the Margi-ball--that is as long as its followed by the secret handshake. Sign us up! Of course only if "what happens at the Rally, stays at the Rally".
Old 03-07-2007, 10:02 PM   #1012
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
My dear Mr Time

You can be the state if you choose. So where are the good vines in So cal? you know where the good wine comes from? Oh I remember socal is ta kill ya country. You can wear some foolish hat or beannie and choke your chicken with a navel destroyer whirrin around your hips, Thats all up to you, just keep it out, I repeat OUT of my campsite!. I will afford you the respect you deserve- that being what happens at Casini stays at Casini. and it's Rickie to go with my Lucy formerly Linda Lu. Call me whatever you want, I'll be watching you. oh yes film at 11. another person has a revolver to my head

www.popasmoke.com

YETI ( 65 Quart )

Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #1013
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters
Can't agree with you Timemachine about your statement: "we ARE the state", but sure take exception with DG's response too. :
Just like a true lady, sitting on the fence laughing at the boys pissing on each other...

Time

Oh, I hope that wasn't Ron!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:07 PM   #1014
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
you got it wrong again you're wetting all over yourself. I'm dry.

www.popasmoke.com

YETI ( 65 Quart )

Old 03-07-2007, 10:11 PM   #1015
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
You can be the state if you choose. So where are the good vines in So cal? you know where the good wine comes from? Oh I remember socal is ta kill ya country. You can wear some foolish hat or beannie and choke your chicken with a navel destroyer whirrin around your hips, Thats all up to you, just keep it out, I repeat OUT of my campsite!. I will afford you the respect you deserve- that being what happens at Casini stays at Casini. and it's Rickie to go with my Lucy formerly Linda Lu. Call me whatever you want, I'll be watching you. oh yes film at 11. another person has a revolver to my head
DG...remember how I covered your southern flank at San Antonio while the Spud Launcher laid waste to the SOB encampment on the ridge.....we must always stick together, even if the SoCal peeps have better tans and the NorCal heros have better grape juice.

Time
Old 03-07-2007, 10:23 PM   #1016
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
what's this? "Holding Up Bowling Ball"...

my oh my...

ms. bam is a bam master,

the times have rivets everywhere (pulp fiction 'esk),

tim's had his name changed; linda lu is new,

we have victims; new or not,

can't leave for a second w/o chaos in every direction...

paula n steve have been peeped...

gee's...

i have a non aluminum weekend coming up... an appearance on friday and a party in nor cal on saturday... i will however have my crackberry, so that i may continue to annoy at great distance for free...

"obviously your not a golfer"...

kevin
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #1017
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Now kids...this is all in fun...and tongue in cheek.

The best part of the rallies is whatever works for you, works. Fine wine or 2 buck chuck, Margi-balls, beer, White Russians, Cosmos, hey even tap water (right Ed?) ...it's all good.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:18 AM   #1018
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Unhappy I am lost

Somehow I woke up this morning thinking it was the Thursday before the NorCal Casini Forum Rally......after 30 minutes of packing I realized what month and day it was and decided I was preping a bit early. I will wait a few more days.

Time
Old 03-08-2007, 08:40 AM   #1019
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
Talk about a new website for Casini... check out the trailers featured in the photo album!!!
sequoiacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #1020
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Nice new website...but the trailers !

We'll have to see what we can do about that.
I'm sure they'll redo the photos after our visit.